• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thunders' Combo.* Udated Again* 9~27~06

Rock Lobsta

Smash Journeyman
if you're no reaching far enough to get the jab in, you might not have the momentum to do it, or you could switch out the jab for a dtilt. I prefer the d tilt. Sets it up for a nice nair.

Enigmatics

Smash Rookie
oh, wow, never thought of the dtilt. props to you, rock lobsta, l'm gonna go try that out.

ss118

Smash Master
Very nice.

I've tried it, and if the shine knocks the opponent upwards, you can set them back up with the tap a and grab. o.O

Something I thought I'd mention.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
The jab is supposed to prevent your opponent from rolling but you can always techchase with one laser > uair to cause the same effect

They can still roll, the waveshine>jab is mainly so they have less options on getting up. like not being able to attack and not being able to wait to get up.

TwilightKing

Smash Cadet
Ok Thanks. I actually like this combo because its so flexible. Oh and Silent Wolf, Since you have alot more Competition . Exp. than I do, I was wondering what variation on this combo best sets up for a spike?

I've tried near then end of the stage a DrillShine->waveshine-> jab->upsmash Then Forward throw and then wait for an opening to spike but I've only done this on Computer and don't know how well it works on Humans. If anyone else can help feel free to do so :p

i like to fsmash after the jab
and also just grab them when they stand up and throw them, or just nair then shine them.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Ok Thanks. I actually like this combo because its so flexible. Oh and Silent Wolf, Since you have alot more Competition . Exp. than I do, I was wondering what variation on this combo best sets up for a spike?

I've tried near then end of the stage a DrillShine->waveshine-> jab->upsmash Then Forward throw and then wait for an opening to spike but I've only done this on Computer and don't know how well it works on Humans. If anyone else can help feel free to do so :p
It should work on humans that are stupid and or dont DI

OM3N

Smash Cadet
When I do it, the opposing fox gets hit to far because of my shine and I can't follow up with the jab. Have any suggestions?

TwilightKing

Smash Cadet
When I do it, the opposing fox gets hit to far because of my shine and I can't follow up with the jab. Have any suggestions?
....>_> your supposed to waveshine to catch up to him ..From the sound of it, your not doing that but if you are just pratice waveshining and eventually you'll get faster
or you could just use the sliding method, basically press B Slide your thumb over the A button, press your choice of either x or y and L or R right after. I use that right after my first shine because its faster and then I use the normal method...
Heres a vid of it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VyVVu_1XeS0

SCOTU

Smash Hero
i'm sorry if this is already answered in this thread, but my search results turned up a bunch of non-topical results. does the thunders combo work on EVERYONE who falls to the shine? or just some of them? Thanks, and sorry if this has already been answered.

Other characters like mewtwo have an easier time DIing up at lower %s to not be forced to get up or roll from the jab. it still works. vs mewtwo and roy, GAW etc, i just Waveshine>jab>grab

SCOTU

Smash Hero
thanks, cause i was playing this guy's crazy pikachu, when i found that pika fell to the shine, and i haven't really worked the thunders combo into my game against fox/falco yet, i didn't really try, but i thought of it and didn't know if it worked.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
a good variation of thunders combo that can set up for nice spikes is

drill > shine > wavedash> dtilt

or u can jab > dtilt if u want just for that extra damage... lol
i use this on people that DI the shine or on characters that get pushed just out of reach of a jab.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
This is a pretty cool thread. I will try to incorporate this into my game.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
"
Ways of Escaping the Initial Combo:

-You can smash DI the jab upwards after them reaching a certain percentage, but this still gives you an oppurtunity to do another attack, but It may not be ensured. -Credit to Doraki
-They can DI the uair far backwards from you so you cannot reach them with the usmash, at any percent too. With that being said, I'm sure they can get even further out of your grasp by smash DIing it backwards from the uair, or with smash DI, possibly even forwards. Keep in mind that this may still give the oppurtunity to do something else, whatever works at that time.
-They can crouch cancel your aerial and shine you before you can shine them at certain percentages. If they just DI the dair though, you can follow their DI and go from their though.
-They can tech the shine, but this still gives you tech chasing oppurtunities. They might be able to smash DI the shine so your Perfect WD cannot reach them, even if you WD out of shine extremely fast, but I'm not positive on that one.
-I believe they can smash DI the shine upwards and maybe towards them along with upwards as well, so the jab won't be forceful, it will just have the effect it does when trying this on mewtwo at any percent, he will stand and just be stunned. (effect of a regualr jab on them while standing)

you mention smash diing the shine upwards and upwards and in to try to land standing.. but wouldn't up and away be best? unless of course up and in allows you to land grounded and grab before they get something else off. Up and away should logically land you grounded farther away...probably with time for an air dodge if you wish before you land and probably enough time to shine or spot dodge i would think..anyways i've never tried it i just think that that seems to be the logical question i ask when reading your guide..so if anyone knows the answers please tell me

-They can DI/smash DI the uair downwards at certain percentages (smash DI at %s) and tech the uair, still giving you oppurtunity though.
I'm sure there are more ways of escaping it, if you know of any that are useful, feel free to post them like Doraki did, I will say next to it that it was you that said it.

What to do if They CC the Shine:"
removed due to bad english and unintelligibility

If you CC their shine, they will hit you before you can hit them pretty much no matter what. But they'll most likely jab after that and if you CC the jab, you will most likely be able to get away. It all happens so fast and not often enough for people to realize though.

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
I can use this combo pretty good in training mode now. Tomorrow I'm going to try it in matches versus lv 9 CPUs and when I get the chance I will try it against a human player. I really love Thunders Combo.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
If you CC their shine, they will hit you before you can hit them pretty much no matter what. But they'll most likely jab after that and if you CC the jab, you will most likely be able to get away. It all happens so fast and not often enough for people to realize though.
I faced Vwins and bunch of other random foxes today at a tourny. When they CCEd my drillshines (expecting a thunders), I'd just usmash or keep waveshining after the drillsine. In that situation they can't counter attack right? Because its as if they're a waveshinbale character in those few moments.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
it's ok if i just upsmash after the jab instead of an upair no?

i mean if they were holding A then i will probably get get up attacked and knocked away..but honestly upairs are too much work to aim;p

i try to keep my focus on did my opponent CC or DI up my shine so they are standing up...did my opponent tech my shine so i need to time the upsmash well..etc

Top Bottom