• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thunders' Combo.* Udated Again* 9~27~06

Lord SHL

Smash Apprentice
MoFo said it himself that he doesn't have great mindgames, but his technicall skill and timing is godly. I realize that Isai is better recognized because he's one of the top US players and Thunders because he's one of the top in Japan. However, you didn't take into account the fact that their recognition stems from their superior mindgames. When you said "that's not what they're best at" it became clear to me that you think there is no technically best player, because putting the difficulty of one maneuver above another is subjective.

I suppose you're right on that last comment, but You act like just because MoFo isn't one of the best that he isn't recognized. People know how good he is, and most of them say Isai is more tech skilled. and thunders too. Let's drop this topic now. There shouldn't be anything more to argue about. I guess it's all opinion to some.

Lord SHL

Smash Apprentice
But MoFo was the first person ever to to shine to jab combos on the characters that fall over from the shine, like the one "thunders" combo you showed in the video, so it is likely that he came up with the combo first when he was messing around with shine to jab.

even if he did make it up, does it matter? its not like thunders is being praised for it right now either.

Lord SHL

Smash Apprentice
Seems like it's the entire point of the topic. Propaganda that Japanese players are more technical than US players. (I know most people accept this as fact, even though it's not)

Actually, the point of this topic, was to tell everyone what this combo was cause every time i mention it they ask what it is. you wouldve known this if you read my entire first post.

Lord SHL

Smash Apprentice
I did read the entire first post, I just figured that anything you said wasn't important enough to be interpreted as anything other than a "blah blah blah". Oh, except for the part where you said to which part the video should be fast forwarded to, that was useful ^_^

Lord SHL

Smash Apprentice
Frankly I didn't care about the post. I saw the combo and recognized it for what it was, no further explanation required. It's called reading between the lines. "combo and fastforward to *insert time*" are the only things that an intelligent person needs to know about this.

Actually, You're a ******! and I included much more info about relations to the combo that will help many. That doesn't make them not intelligent now does it? No it doesn't.

Lord SHL

Smash Apprentice
I'm a ******? As evidenced by what? Have you administered an IQ test to me? The speed and consistency of my responses to the topic as well as their grammatical integrity would indicate that my intelligence is above average, and certainly above yours.

Somehow judging from your previous posts I doubt that, at least, I doubt that your knowledge of smash>my knowledge of smash. Overall I don't know, I'm only 15. I never said you were literally mentally ******** ether.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Could you walk or dash-JC Up-Smash them as they're getting up? Basically, omit the SHFFL'ed Up-Air?

Yes, of course. That wouls help because then they couldn't have a chance to DI the uair I suppose. I think I included that in the first post though.

Lord SHL

Smash Apprentice
Somehow judging from your previous posts I doubt that, at least, I doubt that your knowledge of smash>my knowledge of smash. Overall I don't know, I'm only 15. I never said you were literally mentally ******** ether.
Humans don't have slow reaction times...and neither do I. Who said i was going to say perfect powsershieldin>everything? that not possible...if I have slow reaction time from the way YOU seem to judge the intelligence of my posts, then I'll just you reaction time based on your method and the intelligence of my posts. you are menatlly ********, and are trying to argue with someone who has waaaay moreknowledge of the game than you, and has been in the smash community over a year longer than you. give up. im not stupid, bad or slow. tell yourself whatever you want. keep in mind, if you keep this up, you'll be known as an arrogant ******** noob forever and no one will take you seriously. especially with comments/false facts like those.
Oh, you're right, you called me "menatlly" ********. Such a big difference, I mean you'd have to be a genius to tell that it's a spelling mistake. Not only are you a freaking prepubescent moron, but you're a LIAR AS WELL. That's right you all who worship Silent Wolf for his Fox tips and shrug me off as a n00b because I have less posts and I disagree with him. I will repeat it: SILENT WOLF IS A LIAR. So watch who you can trust, because one of these days you just might be mislead and stabbed in the back by people like him.

Lord SHL

Smash Apprentice
So you're saying that you're going to willingly let people accept the fact that you're a liar and not accept you as a credible source of information any longer? My posts are stupid? They go to the VERY CORE of the SILENT WOLF conspiracy and expose you for the fallacy-filled tyrant that you are.

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
This topic was useful, now it's ********

Tell me when one of you wins the internet argument so I can give you your trophy

edit: this argument doesn't even make ANY sense

"it wasn't Thunders it was Master of Flames"
"no it wasn't"
"yes it was"
"prove it"
"i don't wanna"
"you're ********"
"prove it"

Come on guys >_>

edit2(on topic): I was just trying this on comps and some nair me before I can shffl the uair, so mostly I've just done shine->jab->usmash =/

Lord SHL

Smash Apprentice
Hey, not my fault the backroom is opened to rich kids like Silent Wolf.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper

I really like the way you can't even keep your arguments contained to a single topic in this forum, too.

It's a cool combo... some nice variations. But still, who cares who came up with it first? As long as it works.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Silent is easily one of the most technical foxes, and thats probably why people idolize him. Also, his opinion is more valued than some random who just comes in and starts talking ****. Like Silent said, it doesn't matter who invented the combo (but like all of WA calls it thunders' combo...) So just calm down, and be a troll elsewhere.

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
But MoFo was the first person ever to to shine to jab combos on the characters that fall over from the shine, like the one "thunders" combo you showed in the video, so it is likely that he came up with the combo first when he was messing around with shine to jab.
ok so lets assume mofo was the first to come up with waveshine to jab? what about the u-air part? Mofo might have came up with it but just left it at that. I honestly didn't know a person can live in 2 countries at once to know so much about who discovered and experienced with it first. That isn't even the point why the hell are you arguing whoever the **** the combo is named after it doesn't ****ing matter what matters is that silent wolf pointed out its existence to those who didn't know it. I'm tired of *******s like you causing problems for people who try to contribute to the smash community.

Silent is easily one of the most technical foxes, and thats probably why people idolize him. Also, his opinion is more valued than some random who just comes in and starts talking ****. Like Silent said, it doesn't matter who invented the combo (but like all of WA calls it thunders' combo...) So just calm down, and be a troll elsewhere.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Just wondering. it seems that if you input the dashforward shffled uair command right after the jab, fast enough, you can catch your opponent with them being able to react back. I know, you mentioned this somewhere above your continued dialogue, but still I have a question. Through examination, trial/error, IMO the whole thing looks rather safe. But wouldnt it be possible for your opponent to shield before the uair hits? what are your opponents options? It would excellent to know exactly what choices your opponent has to make, as your follow-up to the jab could be more all around; more in tune to the sense of the 'what if' your opponent rolls? or shields, or dodges? that stuff.

---basssically. The margin of frametime between the connection of the fastest possible uair from the jab and the frame set of which your opponent actually stands, seems quite miniscule. Could your opponent actually do anything to prevent your attack from hitting if its done correctly?

I said something in like that in my earlier posts, let's just forget about the arguement and everything pointless now. What a great combo it is. :D

Nurok

Smash Lord
I must Agree with Silent Fox.
It is a pretty sick combo, now all i need to do is practice it lmao..
BTW
all who vote Lord SHL should get banned, say I!
-edun
oh and if Lord SHL posts and says somethign like
"all who vote Nub Rock get banned say I"
he is a loser, and has absolutly NO mindgames WHATSOEVER.
WTFPWN

I mad that up, not josh. Im not saying i invented it, but IM the one who showed him that, why does everyone keep calling it his?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Yes. Let's do that. You completely missed my point.

People saw josh doing that combo. SW saw Thunders do the combo. When people find cool comboes, other people refer to those combos to who they think was the first person to invent it and use it regulary. Not a hard concept to grasp.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
umm. back to my question? i swear this thread was sort of made in to answer queries in relation to this thread discussion. I had a nice paragraph of questions directly above rock eater's post. Not to be a prick, but i asked the question to obtain an answer, because it would in some ways help improve my game. Could you guys stop arguing for a minute, and help those who actually WANT to KNOW something about the combo, instead of its origins?

TY. SOME sort of feedback would be extremely appreciated.

All of your questions can be answered in the first post I believe.
People saw josh doing that combo. SW saw Thunders do the combo. When people find cool comboes, other people refer to those combos to who they think was the first person to invent it and use it regulary. Not a hard concept to grasp.
They are different combos were talking about though. I didnt think thunders was the first person to do it cause i saw him do it first, i was told he made it up, unless that person saw it from him first and jumped to conclusions, thats a possibility. who cares though, lets just call it thunders' combo. yes thunders' not thunders's cause when the ' is there after the s it means its his but if the letter is an s, you dont add an extra one. i see your point leafgreen.

controlfreak7

Smash Ace
Yes. Let's do that. You completely missed my point.

I completely missed your point what other point can be drawn out of this quote than exactly what it says?

Same reason you keep calling this combo Thunders's
the point is if we are going to refer to it unless someone has a factual name for it let us just call it Thunders' combo. Why? Because that is what the topic says and we have nothing more accurate than it.

REØ

Smash Lord
I don't understand this combo, it rarely works everytime I shine falco and chase after him he's already ahead of me and is either rolling or getting up in the attack stance, than I eat up a giant combo.

That means you're not jabbing nearly as fast as you should be, the problem may be that you are wavedashing out of your shine too slow. Kepp practicing it, It'll come. ^_^ It will all be worth it too.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I can do thunders' to Ammon semi often now Silent ^_______^
Originally I thought my waveshines were just kinda too stubby. But then turns out I just jab too slow. T_T

Top Bottom