• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman

If you look in the background of this picture, you can see other dark blobs, just like the one the "Puppet" is rising out of. There are more than one of these puppets, which makes me think they might be the replacement to polygons and wire frames.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace

looks like teh pink one is hittin the junk food..
those rolls under his armpit are definitely new..
and if overwieght kirby doesnt make this the best update..nothing will
I think theyre beginning to make a truce, when suddenly- Metaknight on the halberd approaching the stadium, and the weird sock monkey guy shows up,perhaps this games master hand?(gasp!) anyways, this completly opens the doors for all kindof crazy crap for brawl, and its just the beginning, with... IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII this many updates to go! (may be more, lost count there...)

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
Hm... I'm trying to connect a couple pictures...
I think I might have found out a little bit of what Final Destination would be like.

(pic)

Compare the sky in this picture with the background behind Zamus in this picture:

(pic)

They look around the same... I'm not 100% sure, but it could be Final Destination.

Anyway, at the end of the file path, it says "modea", or "Mode A". I think that this is the story mode for this game, possibly Adventure or Classic, because in those games Story Mode was the first option on the main menu.
This is the story mode of Brawl, if I'm not mistaken.

Gah, I take too long to type.

and I still say this new intro stage looks like Melee's Pokemon Stadium sans the Pokemon Theme. The background in the ZSS pic is more likely to be from the Halberd level.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I've been thinking the exact same thing as most of these people in this thread. This DOES have potential for a really deep theological, rebellion-based story but the thing is, do you guys REALLY want a deep, dark story in a game as zany as Smash Bros? I never much cared for having story in my fighting games but Smash Bros especially doesn't need one.

Of course, if done right, Brawl may be the first game to make me care about stories in fighting games.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Perhaps you are all looking too much in the handshake. The text "But..." came before the Halberd screenshot, and the "When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price..." is after that same screenshot.

Maybe the character in the last screenshot wasn't the result of something, it was the beginning.

See it as this. Mario turning Kirby into a normal character is just some way to show respect. Shaking hands is a way of respect. Maybe Mario wanted to duke it out again. See, their sole purpose is to brawl. If I'm reading this correct, it means that they know of nothing else than to brawl. They like to brawl. Being turned into a trophy means being discarded as a not worthy opponent.

Maybe turning back into a trophy has nothing to do with being defeated. Being turned back to life however does have to do about brawling.

Also, notice that the trophy pose is the same as the artwork stance.

EDIT:

My guess is this. It shows us that the character intros are re-implemented, but not in the way we wanted it. What if the character intros were just some trophies thrown onto the stage, being turned to life?

I

i8waffles612

So you can make trophies fight.....

and whats that last pic of?

Eaode

Smash Champion
a purple dude....

You know as much as we do. Any straightforward answers you happen to get from someone will be speculation, so it doesn't matter.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Hm... I'm trying to connect a couple pictures...
I think I might have found out a little bit of what Final Destination would be like.

Compare the sky in this picture with the background behind Zamus in this picture:

They look around the same... I'm not 100% sure, but it could be Final Destination.

Anyway, at the end of the file path, it says "modea", or "Mode A". I think that this is the story mode for this game, possibly Adventure or Classic, because in those games Story Mode was the first option on the main menu.
This is the story mode of Brawl, if I'm not mistaken.
i'm sorry to disagree with you, but the Zamus pic is from the Halberd stage. i don't think the first pic is a stage at all, but the intro to the game.

but this could mean the inclusion of a broader story line, something sakurai has wanted since the original. hopefully we'll learn what all this means. is metaknight behind this, with the Halberd and all? what can these dark creatures do? what villians will play a major role? and what dirty work is Master Hand, if in at all, doing?

plus the graphic quality of the opening looks sweet. i'm glad the wii has this much potential

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps you are all looking too much in the handshake. The text "But..." came before the Halberd screenshot, and the "When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price..." is after that same screenshot.

Maybe the character in the last screenshot wasn't the result of something, it was the beginning.

See it as this. Mario turning Kirby into a normal character is just some way to show respect. Shaking hands is a way of respect. Maybe Mario wanted to duke it out again. See, their sole purpose is to brawl. If I'm reading this correct, it means that they know of nothing else than to brawl. They like to brawl. Being turned into a trophy means being discarded as a not worthy opponent.

Maybe turning back into a trophy has nothing to do with being defeated. Being turned back to life however does have to do about brawling.

Also, notice that the trophy pose is the same as the artwork stance.

EDIT:

My guess is this. It shows us that the character intros are re-implemented, but not in the way we wanted it. What if the character intros were just some trophies thrown onto the stage, being turned to life?
I agree... The subtitles for the pictures don't suggest it is Mario and Kirby breaking the rules...Maybe it's Metaknight somehow.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Maybe it's NOT THE TOPIC ABOUT THE CLOUDS.

The "Bowser's in the clouds" topic is epic fail, guys.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
u guys notice that if you look at the picture upside down and look at ridley's mouth u see bowser more clearer

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
@ fatmak

nah, Im pretty sure that's pokemon stadium....99% sure

in the backround of that zelda screenshot, there is a roof over the staduim, merely with a "hole" to see the building outside...

the new "stadium" thing, is open roofed....plus in the screenshot, there are no buildings around it...

no buildings...just open space

Suna

Smash Journeyman
Have yall notice the ssb seriose gets darker and darker like the 1st one looked like a kid game the the 2ed one it gets darker and more seruse and a new T rateing now this one where the story comes to gether....

FerreTrip

Smash Cadet
As soon as I saw the title of this really killer update, the FIRST thing that came to mind was "His World" XD (if they do put Sonic in there, let them please put that song in, 'cuz it kicks ***) Enigmatic to the max. I saw that robot thing and was like, "WTF?" Honestly, a Story Mode never occured to me before coming to this thread. Can't wait for more news!

Moleman

Smash Rookie
This feels like the intro movie to Melee, where Mario as a trophy is thrown and then turns into the character. That's why I think that Sakurai is showing off screencaps of the Brawl intro movie.

I

i8waffles612

Maybe. But that last picture still confuses me lol.

Lol mario and kirby holding hands

Revven

FrankerZ
Haha, I was right when I said we'd be getting something totally different than Zamus' Special Moves. :p

Anyway, this is very interesting. The character they just showed resembles that of the "Eggplant Wizard" from Kid Icarus :p. And remember, Miyamoto did mention that he would "bring" him back possibly. ;)

Joking aside, this story mode looks to be very epic despite that it may be similar to other stories. Or, who knows, Sakurai may throw us for a loop and change the story mid-way in the game throwing us off like he always does. ;)

We'll just have to wait and see for more information on it through his updating ways, whenever that is.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
This update is very interesting, it looks like a Story Mode, I really hope it is, that's something I wanted to be added.

This is a good way to add length to the 1P Mode of Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and it'd be a very new, fresh experience for the series.

I have to wonder, what updates will we get next week? And, I wonder if there will be more on this on Monday, or if it'll have more details on it hidden a little longer.

The sooner the better, now I'll be speculating all weekend. :lick:

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
Maybe those are equivalents to the Fighting Polygon team...where there is one mimicing each characters' moves. If a character "breaks the rules" they are turned into one of those things and the story revolves around freeing them all (unlocking all the characters).

Kind of punishment for breaking the rules, we have to free them. It is possible that Mario saved Kirby by reviving him and then was turned into a wierdo purple guy.

AlreadyAway

Smash Rookie
I think that this guy will be the new last boss like master hand is... or possibly when you beat master hand in a certain amount of time you get to fight him much like how you get to fight the left hand the whole reason I say this is because of what Problem2 said "it looks like a puppet and what is at the end of a puppet ... a hand"

but there is a good chance that I am horribly wrong but that would be neat

many people have very creative ideas and many of them I wouldn't mind them being right

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I think that dude is the regulator of their world, and metaknight (if the clouds are true), bowser, and ridley are the ones breaking the rules.

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why everyone assumes Meta Knight is going to be the main villain. Perhaps his ship is there for added scenery? I dunno but technically, Meta Knight isn't evil. For those of you who don't play Kirby games, the only reason he fights Kirby is so he can test his skills.

Top Bottom