• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Shuma

Smash Hero
Look... it's a pic from a Video, obviously Sakurai wouldn't announce newcomers in a cloud...

Thus i'm going to assume you all assume the cloud moves towards, Mario and Kirby, as it moves it shoes more villains, whoever took the pic took it the instant Bowser became obvious. Thus we only see him clearly.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Seriously, we should make a poll about this :psycho:.
Sure, here goes nothing:

"Will you buy SSBB even if Bowser is just a cloud?"

1) SSBB?
2) Bowser is my main they would never make him a floaty!
3) Hehe, you can **** Bowser with chaingrabs anyway.
4) It's just an intro movie, geez.
5) Just Bowser is fine, but Ridley, Ganondorf, Master Hand? Omg!
6) Me like clouds.
7) Buy? Erm, my WII runs back-ups from games so I'll have a friend make a erm.. back-up.

(For the sake of a good, solid and serious arguement, please ignore this post)

((And Kujirudo, please reply to my other one))

Blackadder

Smash Master
:chuckle:
Look... it's a pic from a Video, obviously Sakurai wouldn't announce newcomers in a cloud...

Thus i'm going to assume you all assume the cloud moves towards, Mario and Kirby, as it moves it shoes more villains, whoever took the pic took it the instant Bowser became obvious. Thus we only see him clearly.
Agreed.
Bowser for now, forms into other people as time goes on.
What I think is really interesting also, is this new "ref" guy everyone see's.
WHo the hell is he?! :chuckle:

Shepp

Smash Apprentice

There, i'm pretty sure that Black Cloud is Master Hand, Bowser is ther obviously, and the thing on the right LOOKS LIKE ridley(i'm not saying it's ridley), on the left there are odly squared clouds(since when does common clouds take the shape of squares).

Also Read Fawriel's post above, and think about it.
i think it looks more like mario than a hand....also i see bowser...two different ways, just depends how you look at it. this cloud thing is probably nothing.

OMG...marios gonna be in brawl!!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
To Kujirudo:
Heh. Is your connection making you double post a lot? They ought to add a delete post function, definitely.

Well, I'd say what Fawriel said is really more of an argument for MY side. They are ominous clouds. Big, dark, dramatic, evil... and that's their purpose. I do definitely agree that finding a bowser head is a nice, reasonable looking thing. I took it into photoshop and messed with the colors and it really does come out nicely. I can't say I think the limbs look anything but deformed, though... and my point still stands that if they made a Cloud Bowser he would, y'know, be facing the people he's trying to scare. Also, since Metaknight is so obvious, why not make Bowser's representation more obvious? As this is most likely a video capture from some CG clip, I doubt that they would throw in things just for us to speculate about... I imagine that they would, in fact, just make a video clip.

Though I do sympathize with you about everyone adding things on... if I believed in the Cloud Bowser, I'd think it was kind of embarrassing when everyone adds more and more to the vaguest shapes possible.

Edit: Holy crapness, so many posts can appear in the time it takes to type a response up.

... also, if that right cloud is supposed to be Ridley, then my gosh Ridley has never been so ugly.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
And well, if it is like you say and it would just be a standard intro movie where your character shows up, well, the whole Bowser in the cloud wouldn't be very important at all right? Also, I really can't imagine how it would work if we picked Bowser as a character. Then the intro movie would be very strange and confusing. Same goes for Metaknight btw.
It would be as important as every other aspect in the intro movie. As Fawriel said, dark clouds are a signal of evil. As I said, Bowser is evil. As I said, something evil has happened, 2 Brawlers broke the rules. So in the least, it ads something to the atmosphere if not to the whole moral of the movie.
About picking Bowser or Metaknight, as I said, this could be a standard intro. Maybe every character has his own story mode. Maybe if you pick Bowser or Metaknight, you would have to hunt down the other characters which broke those Brawl rules. Of course, this is just all speculation made up by me and it doesn't have to be like this at all.

EDIT: W00t! I'm not double posting!

qdMbp said:
Well, I'd say what Fawriel said is really more of an argument for MY side. They are ominous clouds. Big, dark, dramatic, evil... and that's their purpose. I do definitely agree that finding a bowser head is a nice, reasonable looking thing. I took it into photoshop and messed with the colors and it really does come out nicely. I can't say I think the limbs look anything but deformed, though... and my point still stands that if they made a Cloud Bowser he would, y'know, be facing the people he's trying to scare. Also, since Metaknight is so obvious, why not make Bowser's representation more obvious? As this is most likely a video capture from some CG clip, I doubt that they would throw in things just for us to speculate about... I imagine that they would, in fact, just make a video clip.
True, maybe they are only to add darkness to the atmosphere, but why not adding the king of evil himself in the clouds to make it even more dramatic? True, his 'arms' don't look that good but maybe that's their purpose.
They're just clouds after all.

Why not making Bowser more obvious? That also adds more drama. Because Bowser is not actually there, but you do see his head, you know he is somewhere out there, you know he's mad (since Bowser is always mad when he shows himself) and you know he's gonna kick your *** if he finds you.

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
By the way the post that Metaknight is just an AT or a non playable char is big crap.
We've seen him fighting in Trailers,he has been in a lot of screenshots for new stages,he has been announced as a newcomer.
Why would they make him an AT?

Mamush

Smash Cadet
@Kujirudo

Enough with the double posts already...

@qdMbp

I have no idea, but Im going to make something up to give you what your asking for. Perhaps the inclusion of 3rd party characters like Snake broke the rules, because it does say someone or something breaks those rules. Causing the villians such as Bowser trapped in another world(clouds). So It's up to the good guys to save the bad guys with the help of new characters such as MetaKnight. Now why do you think he's in the cloud? XD

Shuma

Smash Hero
I doubt that they would throw in things just for us to speculate about... I imagine that they would, in fact, just make a video clip.
Yes, but why do you think the Video can't have clouds that look like the heads of the most dreaded Nintendo villains.

It sayd something TERRIBLE would happen, and i doubt having Kirby V.S Metaknight and Mario V.S Bowser is something Terrible for the WHOLE world.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
By the way the post that Metaknight is just an AT or a non playable char is big crap.
We've seen him fighting in Trailers,he has been in a lot of screenshots for new stages,he has been announced as a newcomer.
Why would they make him an AT?
Because it'd be hilarious. I mean, I know I'd laugh.
... and then promptly get annoyed. Kind of how I was like with the Zamus updates.

And the dude does look like the Fruit molesting robot from Penny Arcade... I noticed that too, heh. Right after my "Huh, looks like a Kirby enemy/Lego crossbreed."

Edit, since posts still come way too quickly:
Mamush: *snicker* that's a beautiful explanation, and think I'll fullheartadly accept it. Cloud Bowser is all Snake's fault. Darn those pesky third party characters.

Empy

Smash Ace
It would be as important as every other aspect in the intro movie. As Fawriel said, dark clouds are a signal of evil. As I said, Bowser is evil. As I said, something evil has happened, 2 Brawlers broke the rules. So in the least, it ads something to the atmosphere if not to the whole moral of the movie.
About picking Bowser or Metaknight, as I said, this could be a standard intro. Maybe every character has his own story mode. Maybe if you pick Bowser or Metaknight, you would have to hunt down the other characters which broke those Brawl rules. Of course, this is just all speculation made up by me and it doesn't have to be like this at all.
Hmm.. but I highly doubt they would give a role like that just to Bowser and Metaknight and the good side would obviously be in the advantage. Also, where would Donkey Kong stand? After all, Mario made his debut in the original Donkey Kong where DK was the villian. (on a side-note I still find that game rather fun to play and the difficulty is good as well).

Though I do sympathize with you about everyone adding things on... if I believed in the Cloud Bowser, I'd think it was kind of embarrassing when everyone adds more and more to the vaguest shapes possible.
Yeah I agree with you here, Kujirudo is pretty much the only one with serious arguments and a logical idea about the cloud appearance, not just, omg an eyeball, my entire wishlist is confirmed. Also, my sig is ment to flame those people, not Kujirudo.

Also has anyone noticed that red string above the "mystery guy" in the last picture, looks like he came down from it or is being controlled by someone or something similar.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
@Kujirudo

Enough with the double posts already...
Yes boss, I already said that myself *yawn*.

Empy said:
Hmm.. but I highly doubt they would give a role like that just to Bowser and Metaknight and the good side would obviously be in the advantage. Also, where would Donkey Kong stand? After all, Mario made his debut in the original Donkey Kong where DK was the villian. (on a side-note I still find that game rather fun to play and the difficulty is good as well).
Well, I notice that I can't make up an answer for everything:lick:. Yes, this are all problems. The good guys would indeed be in advantage. DK, I don't know. He was a villain yet in MP8 he starts helping you. I really don't know how to react on this post.
Empy said:
Yeah I agree with you here, Kujirudo is pretty much the only one with serious arguments and a logical idea about the cloud appearance, not just, omg an eyeball, my entire wishlist is confirmed. Also, my sig is ment to flame those people, not Kujirudo.
Thanks. I may be a little bit too much of a fanboy now, but I don't give a ****. Untill now, I love every update of Brawl and this one has surprised me the most. You know, when you get a character update, you just think stuff like 'Wow, so Wario can let farts? Cool'. But now, with this mysterious update, you start thinking about what Sakurai actually meant with this update. Is it a story line hint? What is Meta Knight doing there? Is that really Bowser in the sky? What will be the punishment of the world? And I love those moments, I dive into it and start fantasising, then look for things that could actually realise some of those fantasies. And that gives you a good feeling, especially when you can share it with other people.

Sniff sniff, I'm so sentimental now.

EDIT:
Empy said:
Also has anyone noticed that red string above the "mystery guy" in the last picture, looks like he came down from it or is being controlled by someone or something similar.
It looks more like an antenna to me.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
You really quote a lot, don't you?:laugh:
Well its so people know who and what he is actually talking about. Thats what quotes are for is it not?

I like reading ones that are long like that (If I feel like it) they are usually really deep and makes a lot of sense to me... Though it has to keep my attention ^^

1337marth

Smash Ace
Well its so people know who and what he is actually talking about. Thats what quotes are for is it not?

I like reading ones that are long like that (If I feel like it) they are usually really deep and makes a lot of sense to me... Though it has to keep my attention ^^
Alsso were it is such a active site people post so fast so, yeah, understood.

Blackadder

Smash Master

Amen.
I like those ones. They tend to be from decent Smashers.
Unlike those spammy, silly, stupid DP *****...

..oh wait.

Anyways, what are we on about?
I think the subject is nearly exhusted..

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Quoting's good for the heart, I hear.

As for the string/antenna... I'm inclined to say it's an antenna. Were it a string, as one for a puppet, it would be pulling straight upwards, not at the same angle as the head's tilt.
I think it would've been awesome if they made it a character that had marionette strings going up into the heavens, though. Puppets are freaky.
Anyone else thinks it would've been cool if they made the dude freakier? He really does look like a Kirby enemy to me. I want to suck him up and get the purple dot power.
So, now, what's with that little symbol on his shirt? It's like a clock face, but without both hands. Hum. Speculate!

Shuma

Smash Hero
It will never be exhausted.

Since i think we all know, that's Ridley over there. You Cannot deny it!.

Or what kind of twisted deformed hand is that?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
qdMbp said:
Anyone else thinks it would've been cool if they made the dude freakier? He really does look like a Kirby enemy to me. I want to suck him up and get the purple dot power.
I remember somebody saying it looks like Bombermen with a fast food outfit. Best description ever.

EDIT: Man, I gotta download Photoshop again. I wanna Photoshop this picture.

Great pic.

Empy

Smash Ace
Well, I notice that I can't make up an answer for everything:lick:. Yes, this are all problems. The good guys would indeed be in advantage. DK, I don't know. He was a villain yet in MP8 he starts helping you. I really don't know how to react on this post.
Obviously, it's impossible to answer everything, but if it is Bowser appearing, I think it's just the intro movie to the entire game. And Brawl will be entirely focussed on the "Super Smash world in peril!" thing. That would make sence. And it could very well be under game modes, as it's all about the theme which you really only see in single player... which is, in fact, a game mode. Still, I preserve the right to laugh really hard when the clouds are only like this for 1 frame and change the next and the entire clouds are only visual for like 3 seconds in the movie.

Thanks. I may be a little bit too much of a fanboy now, but I don't give a ****. Untill now, I love every update of Brawl and this one has surprised me the most. You know, when you get a character update, you just think stuff like 'Wow, so Wario can let farts? Cool'. But now, with this mysterious update, you start thinking about what Sakurai actually meant with this update. Is it a story line hint? What is Meta Knight doing there? Is that really Bowser in the sky? What will be the punishment of the world? And I love those moments, I dive into it and start fantasising, then look for things that could actually realise some of those fantasies. And that gives you a good feeling, especially when you can share it with other people.

Sniff sniff, I'm so sentimental now.
Yeah it is the best update so far although some of those stages really got me excited and the adittion of Groudon had by far the most impact on me, as I looked all the pokemon up in a Wikipedia list, got really into the story of Pokemon Ruby, downloaded an GBA Emulator with the game. Decided to buy a Nintendo DS and Sapphire (and Diamond as well) and now have Sapphire and Gold games waiting right here for my brand new DS to arrive, together with Diamond. :D And yes... it is all because of Groudon... although Deoxys might have pulled it off as well.

EDIT:
It looks more like an antenna to me.
[jk]Omg an online play hint![/jk]

So do I, it is rather useful, so everyone knows what your discussing. I myself am often in the situation that I read a lot of posts but don't reply until I really feel it's needed, but you don't get that feeling if you have no idea what everyone is on about.

1337marth

Smash Ace
So do I, it is rather useful, so everyone knows what your discussing. I myself am often in the situation that I read a lot of posts but don't reply until I really feel it's needed, but you don't get that feeling if you have no idea what everyone is on about.[/QUOTE]

Ok i get it....

Mike2000

Smash Cadet
It is definitley one of those updates that surprises me. I'm pretty curious as to what this mode will be called (Probably a single player mode) and I'm also curious about that purple man.

What got me wondering though is if Meta Knights ship is suppose to be a seperate stage, what's it doing in one of those screenshots for "This world..."?

Blackadder

Smash Master
@SuperSmashKing
Mewtwo?
That's a name I've not heard in a long time.
A long time.

I'm suprised no one jumped the gun and said "ZOMGMEWTWO IS IN TEH CLOUDS!!!ONE!!"

Empy

Smash Ace
Lol, talking about fanboys \^.^/
Yeah I just had to have used a Groudon before Brawl came. Gives you a little bragging rights when it shows up as well (as I'm sure I'll have some good ol' FFA the first few weeks after Brawls release). "Hey a Groudon, I have one of those right here in Pokemon Diamond, I can even command him with my touch-screen".

Pfft.. now it's even harder to wait for my NDS and it's still 8-9 workdays until it arrives. This made me cry (and Im a 21 year old male) ((so it made me an idiot as well, or wait, no this has nothing to do with that)).

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Yeah well I bought Kirby's Adventure on the VC because I needed to play a game with Meta Knight in it. And I bought Kid Icarus because I wanted to play with Pit again (I had him for the Gameboy I think, but I sold him >_<).

Empy

Smash Ace
Yeah well I bought Kirby's Adventure on the VC because I needed to play a game with Meta Knight in it. And I bought Kid Icarus because I wanted to play with Pit again (I had him for the Gameboy I think, but I sold him >_<).
Haha, that's great, my girlfriend actually thought I bought LoZ: Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Starfox adventures and Metroid Prime because they were all characters from Melee. Then when I tried to prove her wrong by showing all the way older games she just went "so you bought all kinda old games later just to cover it up?" I was like, yeah, there's no reason that anyone would buy a LoZ, Metroid or even Mario game besides SSB..... I mean.. OMG... I really need a new girlfriend. :p:psycho:

Edit: Can someone post something about seeing the black knight in the clouds so we can flame him/her and get back on-topic?

Edit 2; revenge of the additional content: I think I'll start a topic about what games people bought because of Melee, it's really intresting.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Empy said:
Edit: Can someone post something about seeing the black knight in the clouds so we can flame him/her and get back on-topic?
Hehe yeah, this topic is dying already.
Empy said:
Edit 2; revenge of the additional content: I think I'll start a topic about what games people bought because of Melee, it's really intresting.
Kinda cool yeah, I bought the first FE for the GBA because I knew Roy was in the previous game :p.

EDIT: Ik zie nou pas dat je NL bent :p.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I'm guessing that Mario decided not to fight Kirby,made peace with him,so Metaknight and the Halberd came down to enforce the rules and sent down that blob thing to attack Mario and Kirby.

Wow,so many theories. So they Meta Knight is the anarchist and I think he is a minion.(I'm guessing for Master Hand) Also,,that blob thing has a red thing coming out of its head,is it some kind of puppet or something?

Top Bottom