• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Shuma

Smash Hero
Bowser is the only one we see for sure, the other we aren't sure about it.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Blackadder said:
So it's only Bowser everyone is cool with?
Hmmmm.
Well, I think if there are faces in the clouds, they'll change over time, as they go along the sky.
In other words, I agree with fawriel.
Yeah, with Fawriel.....

What did he say again?

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
So you think that they did put Bowser up there but without a meaning? Lol...
YES I DO! If it really is intentional and it really is supposed to be Bowser, it's just a joke from the developers, you know, because people always look at clouds to see things, they gave you something to see. Hell, they did the banana peel joke, why not this?

Blackadder

Smash Master
You saw Black Shadow... .... ....

Look, I can imagine Bowser. And Ridley looks kinda plausible, too. But what the hell?

If there ARE villain faces in the clouds, the clouds will probably move quickly and ominously and will probably change in form to show other faces.
If you really want to see every single evil character ever in there, please consider that they might just appear a second later. Because this is getting ridiculous.
Someone claimed to see Sonic and Diddy in the clouds. >_>
Those are the words of his wisdom.
Use them wisely. :)

Blackadder

Smash Master
You might be right... i'm styarting to see ganondorf and the BK.
I here it's Dracula.
And that's the stupidest thing I have EVER heard.
Unless dracula is now a Nintendo owned character, I would love to think of it as Ganon.
But I'm smarter than that, so I'm not going of jumping to conclusions.
It may well just LOOK like a face.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
There are no others. Bowser takes up almost every piece of cloud and the leftovers can't even form a character.
stop double posting, no, I'm not a mod but, nobody likes a double poster. ;)

And seriously can't you guys take a coincidence? or maybe sakurai messing with out heads?

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
Man the german translation is really ****ed up.
In the english it says "When someone...or something...breaks those rules".
And in the german translation it says: "When someone is able to break those rules"

Just a thing i noticed :p

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Blackadder.

Not that one, on the far left a cloud resembles a "laughing" face that looks like Ganon.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Well, remember that Sakurai promised a robust Single Player mode? Well here it is, the beginning of that...

Blackadder

Smash Master
@Blackadder.

Not that one, on the far left a cloud resembles a "laughing" face that looks like Ganon.
Can't say I see it myself...

I'm becoming more and more convinced it's just Bowser.
The whole thing is just King Koopa...I think we may be all getting a liiiitle to excited.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
YES I DO! If it really is intentional and it really is supposed to be Bowser, it's just a joke from the developers, you know, because people always look at clouds to see things, they gave you something to see. Hell, they did the banana peel joke, why not this?
First, this was a serious update. Every screenshot, every letter Sakurai posted, even every pixel of the background screamed seriousness. You think that when somebody would break the Smash rules, there is time for jokes? I don't think so, because
Sakurai said:
When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price...

Secondly, it does make sense why Bowser is up there. Meta Knight is in his ship, cruising towards Kirby since he broke the rules. Bowser is probally right behind him to come for Mario. You can't deny imo that this sounds very logical and that Bowser being a cloud rather than a real character really fits into this scene of something terrible that has happened.

Blackadder said:
Those are the words of his wisdom.
Why would every villain be in the skies? Whoever said they would, did he have a solid reason for that? Meta Knight is already at the arena and in a few moments, he would come out of his Halberd to punish Kirby. Bowser makes a signal (a huge cloud that looks like himself) to tell Mario that he's next and that he will be the one to burn him/smash him/whatsoever.

Clouds do move yes, but does that mean that another character will appear after the clouds move? Maybe Bowser's shape stays in the clouds no matter how much they move. Maybe the clouds first are just 'clouds', then form Bowser and then just become a group of nothing meaning clouds again.

Bowser is up there to show Mario that he'll get his *** kicked and he's the only one up there too. Period.

Croco

Smash Lord
I here it's Dracula.
And that's the stupidest thing I have EVER heard.
Unless dracula is now a Nintendo owned character, I would love to think of it as Ganon.
But I'm smarter than that, so I'm not going of jumping to conclusions.
It may well just LOOK like a face.
Dracula is in Castlevania..
Castlevania is owned by Konami.
So it's not that stupid. ;)

I don't want to say it is Dracula.. but it does look like him.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Dracula is in Castlevania..
Castlevania is owned by Konami.
So it's not that stupid. ;)
3rd party character=The count himself!

The day that happens...I think I may just throw up.
But still, who am I to decide what Brawl will have?

@...that angry guy that says it's only Bowser in the clouds.

I'm starting to go with you a bit, it does look like it's all Bowser...
Which is a smahe, really.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Blackaddder said:
@...that angry guy that says it's only Bowser in the clouds.
Kujirudo, thank you. And I apologize for getting angry and all, I just can't stand it that all those new people start shouting things OMG IT COULD BE THIS CHARACTER AND THIS ONE AND THIS ONE and think that they are cool while the ''normal'' people see that they are acting stupid, then try to convince them they are wrong while those newcomers just go on and on without listening to others.

Empy

Smash Ace
First, this was a serious update. Every screenshot, every letter Sakurai posted, even every pixel of the background screamed seriousness. You think that when somebody would break the Smash rules, there is time for jokes? I don't think so, because.

Sakurai said:
When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price...
Secondly, it does make sense why Bowser is up there. Meta Knight is in his ship, cruising towards Kirby since he broke the rules. Bowser is probally right behind him to come for Mario. You can't deny imo that this sounds very logical and that Bowser being a cloud rather than a real character really fits into this scene of something terrible that has happened.
First, it's very very hard to imagine Brawl without humour. Actually, it's hard to think of anything SSB related that's not somehow a bit funny or "light", this game is not serious.

Secondly, with that logic, there would have to be a villian for every playable character... unless this is just the intro move and then the entire Bowser thing wouldn't matter. But a villian for every character... I can't even imagine what that roster would look like!

Shuma

Smash Hero
It is bowser.

But the black Cloud on the left IS master hand grabbing the Smash Icon, and the thing on the right has a freaking tounge. It's just Bowser's head/face not his whole body.

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
Even if i think Kujirudo's picture very plausible i can't help seeing a face looking like Ridley as his "Arm". But maybe Bowser's supposed to be there and the other thing is just an accident.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Kujirudo, thank you. And I apologize for getting angry and all, I just can't stand it that all those new people start shouting things OMG IT COULD BE THIS CHARACTER AND THIS ONE AND THIS ONE and think that they are cool while the ''normal'' people see that they are acting stupid, then try to convince them they are wrong while those newcomers just go on and on without listening to others.
Kujirudo, right. Sorry.

Anyways, I think we can pretty much all say it IS just Bowser and Meta in the sky.
But sad, but I think it's the truth.
And I was so hoping Ganon would be there..:p

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff

THIS is it people, there's NOTHING else to see up there.

I dont know if anyone said anything like this but on the far left, it looks kind of like a pig-like head, aka Ganon. Dunno if its just coincidence or if I'm seeing things.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
First, it's very very hard to imagine Brawl without humour. Actually, it's hard to think of anything SSB related that's not someone a bit funny or "light", this game is not serious.

Secondly, with that logic, there would have to be a villian for every playable character... unless this is just the intro move and then the entire Bowser thing wouldn't matter. But a villian for every character... I can't even imagine what that roster would look like!
I am not saying that Brawl doesn't have humor. Of course there is humor, there is a lot of it. What I'm saying is that this update was serious, about a serious subject. There's no way they are gonna put some funny things in a serious thing like the world being punished.

On your second point, I give you credit. That could indeed mean that every character would need a villain which is highly unlikely. Yet, what you make up out of this update is that Mario or Kirby is the character chosen by the player, right? That for example I chose Mario to play the story line. But it doesn't have to be like that, this could just be the start of the story line with a standard intro where you see how Mario and Kirby already get punished. Then your character pops up who then tries to free/help/whatever his friends who have been punished and tries to save the Smashworld (yay!).

Aeramis

Smash Ace
That might be bowser in the clouds or an oddly shaped cloud that just happens to be shaped somewhat like bowser... Co-op mode in story mode would own. Also, I got no clue WTF!? that purple block looking guy is or does. Maybe the announcer of the fight to come!?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Why would every villain be in the skies? Whoever said they would, did he have a solid reason for that? Meta Knight is already at the arena and in a few moments, he would come out of his Halberd to punish Kirby. Bowser makes a signal (a huge cloud that looks like himself) to tell Mario that he's next and that he will be the one to burn him/smash him/whatsoever.

Clouds do move yes, but does that mean that another character will appear after the clouds move? Maybe Bowser's shape stays in the clouds no matter how much they move. Maybe the clouds first are just 'clouds', then form Bowser and then just become a group of nothing meaning clouds again.

Bowser is up there to show Mario that he'll get his *** kicked and he's the only one up there too. Period.
"Every villain" was an exaggeration, of course. People are just trying to find all sorts of characters. Trying too hard, in fact.

I also think that Bowser is the only one we can be relatively sure about, although the Ridley one looks plausible at least.
I'm just saying, IF there are more characters appearing in the clouds, they'll appear later. That's because this is not a normal cloud.
I think it's too much of an interpretation to say that it's a signal Bowser's sending.

The dark clouds showing evil is a pretty common dramatic tool used in movies. There's no real explanation WHY they appear or anything, they just do because.. EVIL.
And if there's more than one villain, it wouldn't be nonsensical for more to appear.

Also, as for Metaknight, I think he might have more of a messenger function.
He's not actually evil.
I could imagine he's like "You fools, you broke the rules and brought doom upon us all!"
His accompaniment of the clouds could be seen as him actually "fleeing" from them, or rather, trying to arrive at the scene before they do.

Mamush

Smash Cadet
And I apologize for getting angry and all, I just can't stand it that all those new people start shouting things OMG IT COULD BE THIS CHARACTER AND THIS ONE AND THIS ONE and think that they are cool while the ''normal'' people see that they are acting stupid, then try to convince them they are wrong while those newcomers just go on and on without listening to others.
Well wouldn't that make you just like the people you can't stand when your saying that it's just Bowser? I can see Ridley, some think they see Dracula. XD At this point does it really matter? People are just making their own oppinion out of the picture the same as you are. No reason to get worked up about it. I respected your idea enough not to even argue with you about it although I don't agree with it. ;)

Shuma

Smash Hero

There, i'm pretty sure that Black Cloud is Master Hand, Bowser is ther obviously, and the thing on the right LOOKS LIKE ridley(i'm not saying it's ridley), on the left there are odly squared clouds(since when does common clouds take the shape of squares).

Also Read Fawriel's post above, and think about it.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
And I was so hoping Ganon would be there..:p
Believe me, so was I.

@ Everyone who thinks there are other characters up there - That is what they call imagination. We have a saying here in The Netherlands which literally translated means 'East-Indian Deaf'. This means that you hear what you want to hear. For example, when somebody is just gave birth to a child and the father asks you what you think she got, most people would think he means that he is asking if it's a boy or a girl. However, you could also think he means if she got something else like a disease or whatever (maybe that doesn't count for the English language, but misunderstandings like this happen often in the Dutch language).

This is the same thing. Somebody showed with some undenyable proof that Bowser is in the sky. Immediatly, people start looking at the picture and imagine who else could be up there. As soon as they see some things that fit with the character in their head, they add other pieces of cloud in their head and voila, they found their character! However, the reason why most of these cloud-characters sound so stupid is because only you can see it. When you try to point them out to somebody else, they usually don't see it.

Now why isn't Bowser one of these things? Well, I haven't seen anybody here yet who thinks that Bowser is NOT up there. That must mean that everybody knows he's there, making it very likely that he actually IS up there. Ridley has been confirmed by some people, yet there are also a lot of people out there (like me) who think he is not there. Conclusion? Bowser is there, nothing else.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I TOLD YALLl Ooooo lol i made a thread about an advance adventure mode. or some kind of lil rpg mode. But just sayin i said it. look on my made threads. Anyway im feallin good. get like me lol

Empy

Smash Ace
I am not saying that Brawl doesn't have humor. Of course there is humor, there is a lot of it. What I'm saying is that this update was serious, about a serious subject. There's no way they are gonna put some funny things in a serious thing like the world being punished.

On your second point, I give you credit. That could indeed mean that every character would need a villain which is highly unlikely. Yet, what you make up out of this update is that Mario or Kirby is the character chosen by the player, right? That for example I chose Mario to play the story line. But it doesn't have to be like that, this could just be the start of the story line with a standard intro where you see how Mario and Kirby already get punished. Then your character pops up who then tries to free/help/whatever his friends who have been punished and tries to save the Smashworld (yay!).
I know you weren't and yes you have a point there, the update does seem different from all the previous ones, with the black background and all.

And well, if it is like you say and it would just be a standard intro movie where your character shows up, well, the whole Bowser in the cloud wouldn't be very important at all right? Also, I really can't imagine how it would work if we picked Bowser as a character. Then the intro movie would be very strange and confusing. Same goes for Metaknight btw.

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Kujirudo:

Then you're blind, and you only whant to hear what YOU believe in. That's fine, i'm done arguing with you, you'll see in Dec 3.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Fawriel said:
The dark clouds showing evil is a pretty common dramatic tool used in movies. There's no real explanation WHY they appear or anything, they just do because.. EVIL.
And if there's more than one villain, it wouldn't be nonsensical for more to appear.
Exactly! And who else is better to put up there then the most important villain in Nintendo history, if not in the whole video game history!
Fawriel said:
I think it's too much of an interpretation to say that it's a signal Bowser's sending.
You are right. I was just suggesting something. However, what you say here in the above quote is exactly what I meant. Bowser is the king of evil and evil is about to spread across the world. So they give him a slight appearance.

Mamush said:
I respected your idea enough not to even argue with you about it although I don't agree with it.
That's too bad since this forum is all about arguing ;).

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
@Kujirudo:

Then you're blind, and you only whant to hear what YOU believe in. That's fine, i'm done arguing with you, you'll see in Dec 3.
No don't quit:(. I was just warming up. This is what this forum is all about people. A forum is made to discuss things. I'm not done at all, I wanna continue 'till I get crazy.

EDIT: Crap, I should stop double posting.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Oh, hey, look, it's Ganondorf.
http://astro.wsu.edu/worthey/astro/html/im-indian-heads/rock-face.jpg

Sometimes an ominous cloud is just an ominous cloud. The only one I would ever accept there is Bowser, since that actually would make a vague amount of sense. But, somehow I doubt that they would arrange the clouds to vaguely represent bowser belly flopping off to the right of the screen, complete with an oddly tumorous hand. They clearly display Metaknight's representation, why exactly are you thinking Bowser would be shown in a red cloud in such an undefined way? Everyone else claiming to find new figures is exactly what is happening with Bowser, just a touch more ridiculous. Can you really think of a legitimate reason as to why baddies would be hanging out in their water-vapor forms? A reason that doesn't involve "Because I like randomly speculating".
Note: Yeah, Metaknight really isn't a villain, supposedly the times you fight him as Kirby are to test Kirby's strength or because MK needs to fight as to make him seem loyal to Dedede so he can continue investigating Dedede's plots. I personally think Metaknight and Kirby are the same type of creature and they have the same goals.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Seriously, we should make a poll about this :psycho:.

qdMbp said:
why exactly are you thinking Bowser would be shown in a red cloud in such an undefined way?
Because of this:
Fawriel said:

Top Bottom