• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
But see heres what gets me.

Since when does bowser or ridley make an entrance in cloud form? I mean ridley can fly and bowser has a clown car.

What I am saying is that it is mere coincidence because them being clouds makes NO sense.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
He hasn't been confirmed yet, so I doubt Nintendo would give him away in that pic.
Neither has Ridley, really, but I can kind of make him out as well as Bowser.

I'm thinking if those are supposed to be faces in the clouds, then I think it's likely in the actual video clip that the faces will 'emerge' from the clouds (like Lion King lulz.) This would likely be the earliest shot of that scene they could show without actually showing the faces of the villians we're probably going to see. Which would explain why it's so subtle.

...But I'm betting they're just clouds, more than anything.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
hey not sure if anybody asked this or what not but wat the hell is dat lil monster. look like a demon. or does anybody know.

jus askin to see if he's n like another game or jus made up

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman

Since when does bowser or ridley make an entrance in cloud form? I mean ridley can fly and bowser has a clown car.

What I am saying is that it is mere coincidence because them being clouds makes NO sense.
Pretty sure if this is a storyline opening clip, the silhouettes in the clouds would be a good way of foreshadowing the wickedness still to come and the villians keeping watch over the event.

...'Cuz I think we all know those villians could fly in if they wanted. I think this clip is probably more about the atmosphere of the game/storyline mode.

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Get what right exactly? Just just circled the possible Bowser and his possible hand. Once someone told us he was in it, we found him easily.

Ok. Well your not the mass of people that are on this site.

Listen, there is someone who is going to come to this page and not know about them being in the clouds. I figured I would circle them because there is always someone.

Besides it was a joke, lighten up or shut up.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman

Metaknight = Kirby's enemy and Bowser = Mario's enemy....makes sense to me

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure if this is a storyline opening clip, the silhouettes in the clouds would be a good way of foreshadowing the wickedness still to come and the villians keeping watch over the event.
But if it was the opening video why would it be under game modes?

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
hey not sure if anybody asked this or what not but wat the hell is dat lil monster. look like a demon. or does anybody know.

jus askin to see if he's n like another game or jus made up
I don't think anyone really knows ...but it looks like he's surrounded in Twilight from TP, or I'm just wanting him to be, but we're all gonna have to wait till next week (hopefully) to find out.... T.T

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
'Ridley' is way more vague than Bowser. I actually think only Bowser is up there and that he has both his arms spread. That would sound logic as somebody posted here: Meta Knight is Kirby's rival and Bowser is Mario's. And who just broke the rules? That's right, Pink Blob & Plumberman.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Ok. Well your not the mass of people that are on this site.

Listen, there is someone who is going to come to this page and not know about them being in the clouds. I figured I would circle them because there is always someone.
Them? Who really cares enough about Bowser's hand to consider it a 'them'?

Besides it was a joke, lighten up or shut up.
Thats what I asked when I originally replied to you. What was supposed to be the joke?

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone really knows ...but it looks like he's surrounded in Twilight from TP, or I'm just wanting him to be, but we're all gonna have to wait till next week (hopefully) to find out.... T.T
lol hell yea. man i gotta stop lookin at these updates. everytime i see a knew one i think of how far brawl is away. but i'm addicted haha

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I hate to leave in the middle of so much awesome discussion, but I do have to sleep some time.

I expect mindblowing new theories to read when I wake up in a few hours.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
arrrgh, monday feels like weeks away...*sigh* oh wait, I should say Sunday after midnight, but that's technically monday.....whatever, still too long to wait

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Wait.
Sakurai said:
When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price...
Why would the whole world pay for Mario & Kirby breaking the rules? If Meta Knight and Bowser really come to punish the rule breakers, then why would this affect the whole world?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Eh- why don't you guys talk about the cloud stuff in the specific cloud thread alone?
I personally like the idea that the rules being broken are Mario being kind to Kirby. I doubt the video would ever change, as that's just frankly too much work. I also was thinking that the whole primary character and secondary character for co-op would determine the final enemy of story mode based on who you picked as the primary character, thus having Smash Man (fine, I'll call him that) bring in the main villain to promote combat among the trophies.

The thing about the character chosen would also choose the main enemy is that every character would have to have someone to be their main enemy. I suppose that wouldn't necessarily mean that every franchise would have to have good guys and bad guys, since they could just make the Dark Smash Man as the primary villain for those left without a suitable enemy.
I wouldn't really mind if every franchise brought in some sort of enemy, though... then again, that would make K. Rool a character as well as Black Shadow, and they're silly.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Wait.

Why would the whole world pay for Mario & Kirby breaking the rules? If Meta Knight and Bowser really come to punish the rule breakers, then why would this affect the whole world?
well it's like if one person misbehaves in a classroom, sometimes all the students must suffer....

maybe the characters have ALL become tired of fighting one another.... ;.;

EDIT: Zant from TP would be a cool enemy (he definetely fits in the evil category), but who knows...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, it's an imaginary world those two live in.

I imagine it to be like an extension of the previous "plots".

You have this world in the mind of a child who makes the characters fight each other.
However, the characters realize that the fighting has to stop sometime... that is when the child gets angry and threatens their world!

The strange being seems like a puppet that might be controlled by the child's Master Hand.

Metaknight and the other villains might be controlled by it, brainwashed, or they simply take the chance to do their respective heroes in.

Specs

Smash Cadet
...Has anyone considered perhaps an original character, similar to the polygons/wireframes? Perhaps...The Base Character Model team?

...doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, does it...

...on a completely offhand note, is it coincidence that two other Nintendo franchises on the Wii have had unorthadox plots that link to darkness? (Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario)

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Mmm, sounds pretty logical. They keep referring to the characters just being toys. In SSB, when you finished the story line, you fell on a table as a trophy, as if somebody was done playing with you. Same goes for Melee.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
The thing about the character chosen would also choose the main enemy is that every character would have to have someone to be their main enemy. I suppose that wouldn't necessarily mean that every franchise would have to have good guys and bad guys, since they could just make the Dark Smash Man as the primary villain for those left without a suitable enemy.
I wouldn't really mind if every franchise brought in some sort of enemy, though... then again, that would make K. Rool a character as well as Black Shadow, and they're silly.
Thats not a bad Idea but then the game might be pushed back to 2009 if they had to do that. :lick:

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
Ok take the picture with the clouds. Invert it, spit it vertically and attach to the other end, then split it horizontally, and attach to the opposite end.

Then!

DRAW a picture of ganondorf in the pictures.

It should end up like this.

Confirmed? I think so.

Now look, what I just illustrated is what is going on. People are making assumptions about what may or may not be in a cloud or two.

Wether it is bowser in the clouds is debatable, the question still stands. WHY? Not why he is marios rival, but why he is in the clouds. HE IS CONFIRMED, there is no reason to do that in what may or may not be an openeing video.

I'm going to bed, just remember to keep your assumptions seperated from your facts and to wash on cold water only. Don't look too hard into things or assume anything for a minute. we did that with zamus and look what happend.

We will most likely know what is up next week. sakurai is doing this on purpose.

teh_nuke

Smash Cadet
on the "breaking the rules" subject. Mario REVIVES kirby from being a trophy in a way. He brings him back to life. That is what is breaking the rules. He isnt just "being nice to him and shaking his hand" or anything like that.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
The reason why it sounds logical that Bowser is in the clouds:

Bowser has always been used as a signal of fear. Play for example a game like Mario Party and you will see that every time Bowser appears, the screen will turn to black with a Bowser face animation (same like when you died in Super Mario 64). Bowser overshadowes thing. Bowser is the symbol of pure evil, pure darkness and pure fear.

Why would Bowser be in the air there together with Meta Knight's Halberd? Bowser is coming to punish Mario, just like Meta Knight is coming for Pink Blobby. Bowser sends a signal that he is coming for Mario, he strikes Jumpman with fear before Bowser will come to kick his ***.

Why is Bowser in the air as cloud form and not as an actual character? Well, do you think that a small Bowser standing on the Halberd would attract attention? Or Bowser in his clowncar? You think that that will look scary when the Halberd is next to him? No, it doesn't. Bowser needs to strike fear first, otherwise he wouldn't be a real character of fear and evil.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Off topic, but....I had a dream last night that Nintendo released a Brawl Demo....what a dissapointing dream. You could call it a nightmare because of its lies I suppose, but I doubt we'll get any demo or something like that for Brawl....T.T

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
Mario and Kirby shake Hands, they get friendly, they dont fight, they get punished by the punisher of Melee (should be CF anyway^^)

Top Bottom