• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
My question for all the people screaming their heads off over possible Co-op play:

How is that different from team battle in or "allies" in 1P mode in Melee?
Well allies are cpu so. Anyway, I too think it will be something where Mario breaks the rules by not finishing Kirby off, as he feels sorry, then the person behind SSB get's mad and goes insane, sending all his warriors to capture Mario and Kirby and then, in the end, Master Hand shows up and is still the final boss, as he was the guy controlling the thropies and making them fight one another.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
1. You could play the story line with more people
2. You could switch characters during the story line, like a Tag mode.
Ah.

Well, no complaints here. Sounds like an interesting idea.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i decided to raid other threads and bring some cool plausible ideas

Ok here is my prediction after thinking about it. Imagine a world where these trophies fight for a living, sort of like the beginning of Smash 64 when the dolls were setup to battle. In the screens we see Mario going against Kirby, and Mario wins, so Kirby transforms back to a trophy, yet he comes back as him and Mario ackknowledge that they had a good fight. However perhaps one or some of the trophies (including meta knight, even though he is normally seen as a vigilante instead of an enemy in the kirby games) because fed up with the endless life of fighting, and decided to revolt, whether it be not transforming into a trophy while dying, or just acting all stuck up and not conforming like everyone else, so we see the halberd as meta is about to take action. because this happens, I think the world is corrupt and the characters, such as Mario change into these monsters, sort of like the Heartless from Kingdom Hearts. Then the story mode could be the character you chose fighting through matches of enemies to help save your fellow trophies from this darkness.
so far this is the most probable one

*/ShadowFlare\*

Smash Cadet
I'm really long overdue for getting to bed, but...

From reading GameFAQs, they claim the Japanese site had different text that might give us a bit more clues to what is going on.

"As for this world, "the figure" fights. = (In this world, trophies fight.)

Only fighting those which are not known. = ()

Them who can exist by the fact that it fights.(Fighting is the sole reason for their existence.)

That it returns to the figure it means "aggressive failure" for the very thing. = (Being turned back into a trophy, being unable to fight, is much like death.)

That with that, was the world where there is a rule. = (Those are the rules of this world.)

But,

Those which when tear "discipline" appear suddenly there ......." = (When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price...)

Maybe some could fix the grammar since directly translating it tend to lead to that sort of problem. On second thought, maybe it's nothing new at all.

only 1 line doesnt have a direct couple from the us lines.
p.s - the lines in () are the ones that were from the english site, its the same meaning tho

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Well yeah it's weird. We all KNEW there would be a deep story mode, yet we are all freaking out when we finally get it.

lol Sakurai has that kinda power over people. it would be cool it was co op. im wondering if this mode will be accompanied with the previous modes or will this be the primary one.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
omg dis update has got so wired up for brawl. i can't wait to see how dis turns out.

yes i did not know the ship even had a name

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
jedinaruto may be onto something, i mean the begining of the melee intro shows mario in trophy form and then he transforms into real mario in a colosseum looking place and then link appears along with others

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

That person gets an E-cookie just for mentioning Kingdom Hearts.

And I like that idea a lot too. Saving all your trophy friends from the darkness.

I don't know how I'm gonna get to sleep tonight; I'm so excited right now.

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
well let's try to have an in depth look here.

It starts off with an arena.

"In this world, trophies fight." Now assuming in this world they mean the smash bros universe.

(The next three screens then show both mario and kirby entering the arena in said world. To fight.)

"They know nothing but fighting. Fighting is the sole reason for their existence." Or so they thought.

(The next screen shows mario and kirby about to "brawl")

"Being turned back into a trophy, being unable to fight, is much like death."

( Now this is crucial: Mario realises that if they fight, one of them have to be turned in to a trophy, or "Die" in their terms. So they team up to make an escape or something around the lines of that.)

"Those are the rules of this world." Not in Mario or Kirbys book.

(Screenshot show mario looking at halberd)

"But..." This is saying that there are coniqences to breaking the rules , In this case, Mario and Kirby not fighting.

(Screenshot shows Halberd)

"When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price..." Much like how we live, when we break the law the police step in. In this case, They are sending someone they think can beat both combatants (metakinght) And of course someone to turn them into trophys (The purple guy).

(Screenshows the guy I believe that turns them back into trophys.)

That is what I see. Wether it be wrong or right, nobody knows for certain. Probabally a new story mode that has a back reason insted of just fighting for no reason. Basically they are trying to put a story behind the game to make people focus on both single and multiplayer.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Seriously, if I could I would freaking meditate and look in the future to the Brawl release to catch a glimpse of this Story mode because I think I understand what Sakurai is trying to say, yet at the same time I feel like I don't understand a ****.

Man, I gotta calm down. I need my drugs. I need to go play Melee.

Florida

イーグランツ
Hey everyone :)
Bowser's in the clouds.

Just ugh, go to the thread about it to discuss (go back to general brawl discussion, and you'll see it). Pretty interesting, my main villain is back in action!

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
maybe mario and kirby fights and mario wins

however he feels sad and gives him a life

suddenly meta knight appears and screams "you fool what have you done?" (he's portrayed as smart in kirby games)

then this new evil has been created and this is one of his minions

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
From what I understood it looked like because mario and kirby shook hands it indicated that they were going to stop fighting or work together and because they stopped fighting master hand sent down his minions to punish them.

Roun

Smash Cadet
Bowser's in the clouds.

Just ugh, go to the thread about it to discuss (go back to general brawl discussion, and you'll see it). Pretty interesting, my main villain is back in action!
Holy crap, thanks. I didn't see that before.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Bowser's in the clouds.

Although I see what you're talking about, I think that's a little too subtle to be on purpose. I guess we'll see though.

And I think this thread was made first. So I'll stay here. :)

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
jedinaruto may be onto something, i mean the begining of the melee intro shows mario in trophy form and then he transforms into real mario in a colosseum looking place and then link appears along with others
Exactly!

This storyline was made, in some form, for Melee, but never used due to time constraints.

Now we're getting it in Brawl, and the 'hints' toward it in Melee's intro make more sense.

Sakurai mentioned in the past that 64 was rushed out with a bare-bones singleplayer mode because Miyamoto said it didn't even really need one.

Then we all know Melee was rushed as well, but this time Adventure Mode was partially completed, but they didn't get the chance to implement an actual storyline like they intended to do.

Now, with Brawl, they finally are able to do everything they wanted to do with singleplayer.

And I'm loving it.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Posted this in another thread:

okay here's my theory

The "Rules" are that the trophies must fight since it is their only purpose. The screenshots show Mario and Kirby fighting. Mario wins turning Kirby back into a trophy. Somehow Kirby is brought back to life. The "Rules"are broken when Mario and Kirby shake hands and stop fighting. That dark lego robot thing is pissed becuase they wont fight. So he summons Newcomers aka Meta Knight to stir things up and keep the fighting going

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Shark X said:
God don't you know anything? You don't seem to know anything about Melee's intro, Meta Knights ship, and many other things I seen you ask.
What didn't I know about Melee's intro? I didn't know where the guy saw this stuff about scary people at FD and DK getting hit by the Shadow Ball because I wasn't thinking about the intro at that moment.
As for the MK ship, I've only played 1 Kirby game with Meta Knight in it so no, I don't.
And what many other things? I didn't ask any other things.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
all I know is that story mode = freakin' awesome, and i'm about to pass out from sheer amazement

EDIT: it'd be awesome if there was some kind of mysterious bad villain type guy who you see throughout the story mode, yet never find out his identity till the end...*dreams*

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
As much as I hate the whole 'finding characters in obscure places,' you actually do have me going with the clouds thing. Instead of just the Halberd riding in, maybe it's actually all the major villians coming in together. So where's Ganondorf's face in all this mess?

And even though it's really subtle now, it might be wholly obvious in a different screen shot, or when the video is in motion...

IF that's actually them in the clouds.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
You could also look at it as if it's just Bowser and those 2 big clouds next to him (the one who people say to be Ridley and the one on the other side) are his arms.

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
Halberd and Bowser in the clouds make sense cuz Metaknight is Kirby's enemy and Bowser is Mario's enemy

AMPMClock

Smash Apprentice
MAYBE!!!!!

WHEN YOU DIE IN BRAWL!!!!!

YOU DON'T JUST RE-APPEAR IN THAT LITTLE FLOATY THING!!!1

BUT YOU FALL DOWN AS A TROPHY ya

Why is that image of those clouds funny?

Top Bottom