• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

*/ShadowFlare\*

Smash Cadet

looks like teh pink one is hittin the junk food..
those rolls under his armpit are definitely new..
and if overwieght kirby doesnt make this the best update..nothing will

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Adding to my previous theory about the no ledges, it's likely a gladiator style with the stamina system.
Also, that is similar to what a lot of kirby games have as an unlockable, is a boss rush mode.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
I guess a ton of people nowadays are camping the site, I think a lot of them from GameFAQs.

As another brought up, the background is black too. What does it all mean? OK people, time for theories! Snap to it!
It's black to help smash (god help me, I knew it was bad but I did anyway,) the message home that things are going to be REALLY different from the 'Smash Melee Update' many were expecting. And that the story is going to be a BIG deal this time around. ...And that it's all a little darker than we expected, too, I suppose.

But POGO STICKS I mean...RAWRL.

If Smash has a fully developed one player mode that's comparable with some of the better Kirby games and still has a fantastic multiplayer aspect that we'll be playing for years to come, well...

...I may never leave my apartment again...

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I have been talking to a friend, and we have a neat little theory:
That Meta-knight (And mabye the other bad guys) are mabye fuffiling there role as villens in the Smash?
The bad guys are trying to cause all hell in this smash?
Any thoughts?
Yes this has been mentioned before. What I heard from others here was that there were people who were thinking about a Story Mode for let's say Link where you have to fight Ganondorf as the last boss and that whichever character you use also changes the last boss (Mario would have Bowser, Kirby would have Meta Knight, Pikachu Mewtwo etc.). But what you suggest is that the story line has fixed characters so that you will have to fight Meta Knight, Bowser, Ganondorf and Mewtwo with whatever character that you choose. Sounds pretty logical and freaking fun.

Anyway, tell me who that guy in the last screenshot is.

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
Everything points towards a sort of story mode. I'm thinking that Mario and Kirby decide not to fight each other and instead fight everything else - causing all hell to break loose.

Or maybe it's online play... HAHA I made a funny.

Roun

Smash Cadet
I think, with Meta Knight's airship flying over the stage with the dark clouds and such, that the fighters will have much more defined roles as characters.

Not just, "your a trophy, go kill these random things and then go kill Master Hand", as it's been in the past, but more like Mario is the main character, who befriends Kirby on the battlefield, and Meta Knight is the evil underling of Master Hand who eventually comes to your side, etc. etc.

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I think that the rules of "this world" are that trophies fight only in the arena. The Halberd comes out of nowhere and suddenly pulls them out the arena therefore breaking the rules and causing weird events to happen.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Yes this is probally something about Mario being kind (ROFLZOR I USED 300 SCRIPT!) to Kirby causing the Brawl world to get out of 'balance' or whatever.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Everything points towards a sort of story mode. I'm thinking that Mario and Kirby decide not to fight each other and instead fight everything else - causing all hell to break loose.

Or maybe it's online play... HAHA I made a funny.
Oooo, I actually really like where you're going with that.

Mario and Kirby could fight, like they're supposed to. Mario wins, which causes Kirby to revert back to Trophy form. But then Mario (and this is kind of a convoluted way of putting it, but follow me here) kind of gives Kirby an extra life, sort of like how you can take a life from your teammate in Melee when you die? Then Mario and Kirby decide they don't want to fight each other, breaking the rules, causing this robot thing to pop up, and just starting 900 kinds of chaos.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I'm really long overdue for getting to bed, but...

From reading GameFAQs, they claim the Japanese site had different text that might give us a bit more clues to what is going on.

"As for this world, "the figure" fights.

Only fighting those which are not known.
Them who can exist by the fact that it fights.

That it returns to the figure it means "aggressive failure" for the very thing.

That with that, was the world where there is a rule.

But,

Those which when tear "discipline" appear suddenly there ......."

Maybe some could fix the grammar since directly translating it tend to lead to that sort of problem. On second thought, maybe it's nothing new at all.

:034:

Smash Hero
Maybe some dark force? Think about it, evil doppelgangers have always been a staple in Nintendo games. In Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, Metaknight had a dark version of him: Dark Meta Knight. Samus has Dark Samus, Mario has Shadow Mario, Link has Dark Link, etc etc...

The guy in the last screen is covered in a purple veil, maybe some effect of the dark power?

SonicMario

Smash Master
This update is weird but pretty much a cool one. Possibly the best update so far. This gives me hope for a story mode of some sort. With Mario & Kirby shaking hands, does that mean it will get better with CO-OPERATIVE PLAY! If it has Co-Op, then this will make Halo 3 and GTA 4 look Mediocre. This may be the Best Nintendo or one of the best games in Video Game History! I think that of the big 3 (SSBB, SMG, and MP3) Brawl is the biggest of the big 3!

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
What would be cool is if it ended up being a co-op mode and the character you pick determines the bad guy. Like here, Kirby is picked and Mario is picked as the helper. That means Meta-Knight is our villain. But if Mario is picked and Kirby is the helper, then Bowser is the villain. Same goes with Link --> Ganondorf & Pikachu/Jigglypuff --> Mewtwo.

They'd have a default bad guy for each good guy... which would mean:
1. Each character would have a villain from his series appear.
2. The Snakes and Ness's would have to fight a random baddie.

It's farfetch'd, I know - but it could happen. And it could be cool.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Maybe some dark force? Think about it, evil doppelgangers have always been a staple in Nintendo games. In Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, Metaknight had a dark version of him: Dark Meta Knight. Samus has Dark Samus, Mario has Shadow Mario, Link has Dark Link, etc etc...

The guy in the last screen is covered in a purple veil, maybe some effect of the dark power?
Now THAT sounds pretty logical! Almost every character that you can think of has a dark side...

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
hey guys when Mario comes to the arena and Kirby they are trophies, right? i don know, maybe that will be the intro for every character? I mean, like melee but much better just like the pic when Mario is transformed into "real" Mario?

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
I think this update may be some proof to back up my theory that some of the strange happenings in the Melee intro were supposed to be clips from a story mode that wasn't finished in time for release. Giga Bowser likely factored into it.

I'm talking specifically about the short glimpses of the characters seemingly being afraid of something on final destination, and DK getting hurt by some sort of black hole thing.

I think this is a sign that they were able to fully flesh out singleplayer in Brawl, like Sakurai's wanted to do all along since 64.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
I'm really long overdue for getting to bed, but...

From reading GameFAQs, they claim the Japanese site had different text that might give us a bit more clues to what is going on.

"As for this world, "the figure" fights.

Only fighting those which are not known.
Them who can exist by the fact that it fights.

That it returns to the figure it means "aggressive failure" for the very thing.

That with that, was the world where there is a rule.

But,

Those which when tear "discipline" appear suddenly there ......."
Their babelfish translation is leaving me kind of underwhelmed.

But, if you think about it, this kind of puts a whole new spin on Assist Trophies as well...'story'-wise. Kind of like there's a world full of these trophies, and in this story, our playables are the main actors. AT's are side characters summoned to willingly fight for our cause! Oho...oh.

Fawriel

Smash Master
What would be cool is if it ended up being a co-op mode and the character you pick determines the bad guy. Like here, Kirby is picked and Mario is picked as the helper. That means Meta-Knight is our villain. But if Mario is picked and Kirby is the helper, then Bowser is the villain. Same goes with Link --> Ganondorf & Pikachu/Jigglypuff --> Mewtwo.

They'd have a default bad guy for each good guy... which would mean:
1. Each character would have a villain from his series appear.
2. The Snakes and Ness's would have to fight a random baddie.

It's farfetch'd, I know - but it could happen. And it could be cool.
This is actually a pretty good point. Although the focus seems to be on Mario... but that doesn't mean much. It could well be that the villain is primarily decided by the character the MAIN character aids at the beginning, to emphasize this fraternity by making the main character fight for his buddy.

SeckSAYH!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
My question for all the people screaming their heads off over possible Co-op play:

How is that different from team battle in or "allies" in 1P mode in Melee?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
JediNaruto said:
I'm talking specifically about the short glimpses of the characters seemingly being afraid of something on final destination, and DK getting hurt by some sort of black hole thing.
Where did you see that?

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Oooo, I actually really like where you're going with that.

Mario and Kirby could fight, like they're supposed to. Mario wins, which causes Kirby to revert back to Trophy form. But then Mario (and this is kind of a convoluted way of putting it, but follow me here) kind of gives Kirby an extra life, sort of like how you can take a life from your teammate in Melee when you die? Then Mario and Kirby decide they don't want to fight each other, breaking the rules, causing this robot thing to pop up, and just starting 900 kinds of chaos.
finally someone on the right page.i was wondering when someone would get it. this is exaclty what it is. it's being shown in the screen shots. they show to scenarios. mario and kirby about to fight. and mario beating him. thus kirby reverts back to a trophy. but the other one Mario and kirby deciding not to fight which is not in the rules thus sparking Meta knights ship to appear along with that bad puppet thing.

Sakurai said that this one would have more of a story mode so this isnt too surprising.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Watch the intro for Smash Bros Melee. That's what I'm referring to.
Well, the guys who were scared from something on FD was probally Giga Bowser since you saw Bowser getting struck by lightning just before that, and DK was hit by (imo) a fully charged Shadow Ball from Mewtwo.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
tstumo said:
Sakurai said that this one would have more of a story mode so this isnt too surprising.
Well yeah it's weird. We all KNEW there would be a deep story mode, yet we are all freaking out when we finally get it.

Top Bottom