• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
the thing looks a bit like the annyning party character from mario party 8 it could be something of mario mario in it mario party 8 the stage from the football game mario strikers charged (don't know it because I don't have it) here is your strange theory:p yes I saw something link in the second trailer is maby also there after he walks on the stage with the halberd right after he is confirmed

Kelp Plankton

Smash Apprentice
The same reason "Names" and "Four Types of Control" are under game modes.
It's not 'under' game modes, though. It has it's own section in 'game modes' like Pokeballs and Assist Trophies have in Items. This makes me think it's not just an intro.

Shark X

Smash Lord
the thing looks a bit like the annyning party character from mario party 8 it could be something of mario mario in it mario party 8 the stage from the football game mario strikers charged (don't know it because I don't have it) here is your strange theory:p yes I saw something link in the second trailer is maby also there after he walks on the stage with the halberd right after he is confirmed
What the "hell" are you saying or talking about?

Citizenflaba

Smash Rookie
...what if Sakurai releases new material on Saturday...is he allowed to do that? And if there are no ledges in the coleseum would you be able to be KOed by getting damaged enough to go to the sky(or if there is a roof you might be slapped down).

Perhaps it would be like stamina mode and you would have a given amount of health (a true fight to the death) or would that change be to drastic? Maybe the "story mode" will have different situations where the items, mode (stamina, slow-mo), camera, and possibly time is manipulated.

This is my first post so....yeah...be gentle.

The coleseum poses so many possibilities I don't want to think about it...

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
...what if Sakurai releases new material on Saturday...is he allowed to do that?
Not even the Japanese work on Saturday.... -.-'
And if there are no ledges in the coleseum would you be able to be KOed by getting damaged enough to go to the sky(or if there is a roof you might be slapped down).
Who the hell told you that the colloseum is a level?

Perhaps it would be like stamina mode and you would have a given amount of health (a true fight to the death) or would that change be to drastic? Maybe the "story mode" will have different situations where the items, mode (stamina, slow-mo), camera, and possibly time is manipulated.
Yeah, 'perhaps'. This is just all speculation based on nothing.

This is my first post so....yeah...be gentle.
Nope, this is a hard world you live in.

The coleseum poses so many possibilities I don't want to think about it...
Seriously, why do you think it's a level? Was the colloseum in the opening trailer of Melee a level? Was the mountain area with the stampede of Yoshi's on it a level? No!

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
I'm thinking its just the opening cinematic to the whole game. Melee was placed in an old Roman like Colosseum, who's to say this isn't similar?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Oh man, it seems like Meta-Knight isn't playable. That's why Sakurai hasn't updated Meta-Knight on the site.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Seriously, everybody who thinks it's crap that Bowser is in the air won't be the ones who have the last laugh. True, people should stop saying that Ridley is there too.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it

OMG!! It's a crazy clown and donald duck!!!

Seriously guys, I'm with "The_Mark" on this one, there is no way those clouds mean anything, besides, I can't spot Ridley at all, but there is clearly some face visual here, I've put a black line around it to make it more clearly.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
Ok, well this is just probably a special melee, and character is prob a adventure mode item-creature that comes out. This is too crispy.

Citizenflaba

Smash Rookie
...I SAID BE GENTLE......Isn't what all this is....speculation? Yes all that was based on opinion and nothing...but those areas in Melee could be used in Brawl and vice-versa( sort of). Please...don't take anything I say flame it and use your extensive knowledge of smash bros to finish it off it's all opinions and assumptions. All of us are blindfolded, given bats, and thrust in to a room with others, all wildy flailing our bats to find the pinata trying to get some sweet candy(Brawl info). But we are not to get any until 12:00 AM Monday (for I have been informed no one works on the weekends).....ever....not even when we are dying of smash hunger....

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
You're wrong Empy, you're so wrong.
Look I zoomed into the picture loads of times, I can see bowser, hell I can see him without zooming in (although the same goes for the alien face I surrounded with a black line, check it out. But there is no way Ridley is on there and I still don't think the Bowser thing means anything. And even if he does show up as the boss of the single player mode... well.. what's new?

Croco

Smash Lord
Hmm.. I wonder if another part of this 'video' is missing.
Maybe Bowser is supposed to enter on the other side of the arena in.. HIS AIRSHIP.. ??

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well... bowser is in there, and i can see Ridley... although it makes no sense that he is in there, since Samus isn't there.. but who knows?

But when i saw Black Sadow in there i though "good god... why?" but whatever.

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
Woah i just pushed to "last" when the thread still had 12 sites XD
I'm sure a bit late but i really like this update.
You know..a bit like Games like Final Fantasy.You mainly play them to see the story and the great cinematics.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
He looked like some kind of Bob-omb with a pacman symbol. Sort of reminded me of Kingdom Hearts a bit. Don't worry I'm not the type to speculate them being included, just saying.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hang on, with the whole "Bad guys in the clouds" thing, who have we got "Confirmed"?
I've heard of Ridley, Bowser, Master Hand, and Ganondorf.
Which of these are being generally considerd "true"?

Fawriel

Smash Master
You saw Black Shadow... .... ....

Look, I can imagine Bowser. And Ridley looks kinda plausible, too. But what the hell?

If there ARE villain faces in the clouds, the clouds will probably move quickly and ominously and will probably change in form to show other faces.
If you really want to see every single evil character ever in there, please consider that they might just appear a second later. Because this is getting ridiculous.
Someone claimed to see Sonic and Diddy in the clouds. >_>

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Look I zoomed into the picture loads of times, I can see bowser, hell I can see him without zooming in (although the same goes for the alien face I surrounded with a black line, check it out. But there is no way Ridley is on there and I still don't think the Bowser thing means anything. And even if he does show up as the boss of the single player mode... well.. what's new?
So you think that they did put Bowser up there but without a meaning? Lol...

Look, for those who think it's BS:

Citizenflaba said:
...I SAID BE GENTLE......Isn't what all this is....speculation? Yes all that was based on opinion and nothing...but those areas in Melee could be used in Brawl and vice-versa( sort of). Please...don't take anything I say flame it and use your extensive knowledge of smash bros to finish it off it's all opinions and assumptions.
Look, this is how it works. People with more knowledge of SSB (as you call them) sometimes get a bit tired of people with less knowledge. You're post really was a bit weird since you widely suggested that the colloseum was a level without even having a bit of proof for that.

You haven't been here when Brawl was announced, you haven't seen all these guys pop up out of nowhere saying 'ZomgZORS I wiSH tHey put THIS and THIS andz THIS in BRawl cause that would roxozrz!' You sounded just like that. But don't worry, everyone who is new here acts like that the first weeks, you'll learn how to react and stuff.

Citizenflaba said:
All of us are blindfolded, given bats, and thrust in to a room with others, all wildy flailing our bats to find the pinata trying to get some sweet candy(Brawl info). But we are not to get any until 12:00 AM Monday (for I have been informed no one works on the weekends).....ever....not even when we are dying of smash hunger....
So not like this.

Shuma

Smash Hero

I'm sure the "thing" on the top left looks like Black Shadow... Or Batman... and i don't see Wolf, i didn't highlight Bowser since he is very Visible.

Top Bottom