• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

WR3K

Smash Ace
i think meta knight has come to break the rules or recue mario and kirby.... they are forced to fight like gladiators... and by shaking hands they are not doing what the crowd wants them to..... the new character is either the big boss coming to settle things, or a soldier type dude.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Post from another thread: Well, my current theories are:

That robot-like thing broke the rules and now everytime he farts poison comes out instead.

Or it just broke the rules.

It's a minion, probably controlled by someone else. Maybe new Wire Frames?

He is a new boss.

It's maybe (no one has recognized that crazy robot guy yet) be a Smash Original character, and can/can't be unlocked.

WR3K

Smash Ace
keep in mind, all these pics are not as tall as all the other pics on the site, this could mean that they were taken from a widescreen cinematic..... the beginning intro to the game maybe...

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Why assume any of the BRAWLERS are the ones breaking the rules? The Brawlers, from what I make up of the text, don't have their own will. Their only input is the way they fight and such. They have no need to be free, for them brawling is all they have, all they can do. They're just trophies, they don't need to eat or sleep, so the only thing they can do is brawl. Perhaps they even enjoy it.

But what if something breaks this lifestyle, something from outside? We all assume the clouded character is something created by breaking the rules, but could it be the other way around? That the clouded character is breaking the rules? Like Sakurai says, in this world, TROPHIES fight. That is the only real rule explained.

Who knows, maybe the clouded character isn't a trophy, but something from "outside", outside this world, outside the rules. Maybe it isn't part of the rule, but it can still break it.

To me, it seems that this is the intro to the first match, where Mario and Kirby encounter this character. Why the Halberd is there, I don't know, maybe it has come to the rescue, and comes after the you have defeated the enemy.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
keep in mind, all these pics are not as tall as all the other pics on the site, this could mean that they were taken from a widescreen cinematic..... the beginning intro to the game maybe...
Duh.

Also, Sakurai never said that the characters are being forced to fight.
It's more than possible that they enjoy it, since it is, after all, all they know.
So throw those "blah blah theyr enslavd and need to b rescued bai etaknight@!" Theories, ideas and nonsense outt he window.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Duh.

Also, Sakurai never said that the characters are being forced to fight.
It's more than possible that they enjoy it, since it is, after all, all they know.
So throw those "blah blah theyr enslavd and need to b rescued bai etaknight@!" Theories, ideas and nonsense outt he window.
Exactly my point.

Eaode

Smash Champion
where the heel are people getting these ideas from?

It's so obvious and it has been stated before:

They are only allowed to fight. The loser goes back to a trophy.

Mario makes friends with Kirby (breaking the Rules)

Clouds loom overhead and Meta Knight approaches for some reason.

The purple dude is there to punish them.

That's all we know. We don't know for sure if Bowser is in the clouds or Meta Knight is rescuing them or the purple dude farts poison.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
where the heel are people getting these ideas from?

It's so obvious and it has been stated before:

They are only allowed to fight. The loser goes back to a trophy.

Mario makes friends with Kirby (breaking the Rules)

Clouds loom overhead and Meta Knight approaches for some reason.

The purple dude is there to punish them.

That's all we know. We don't know for sure if Bowser is in the clouds or Meta Knight is rescuing them or the purple dude farts poison.
Actually we do know he doesn't fart poison as in the background there are 2 clouds of that purple stuff appearing. These will probably be more of that same dude (which supports wire frames idea) and the clouds appear without the dude farting, anyway, it's just his intro.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Oh, so, if you get an idea, that means the first idea is wrong. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghht.

You missed the point entirely.
Lets use some common sense, shall we?
Lets not jump to outrageous conclusions, that of which are fabricated from next to nothing.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Man i hate cliffhangers, on monday there'd better be a big update to explain our current one....

Midna

Smash Apprentice
how does that confirm it?

...unless of course you're referring to thosed purple bubble materializing into wire frames (bubble frames)

anyone else have a clue why this update was black?
(I said it before somewhere...)

EDIT: oops. this post was slightly directed at Y34HDUD3!!!

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277

...unless of course you're referring to thosed purple bubble materializing into wire frames (bubble frames)

just to make the update seem more ominous

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice

I guess it means nothing.
It should just be even more shocking and mysterious i think.
And that's the way it is ^^

detonator512

Smash Cadet
Well that guy definetly looks strange, and what they said about where trophies fight, maybe we will get to play with all the stupid characters that no one thought would be in the game (If they acually turn up to be a trophy)

Viroxor

Smash Ace
So we get to fight with all the trophies now, right? That means we get to be Slippy, Scizor, Skull Kid, and all those other trophy characters, right? I don't find that to be possible, so this is really weird. The screenshots they showed looked like they were from the trailer.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
The ssb series has always been based on trophies of famous nintendo characters fighting it out for the heck of it.

Look at the opening cinematics for ssb and ssbm.

The trophies thing reveals nothing but the fact that the same concept remains.

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
I bet it's the Intro of the Story Mode.
You know not that thingy when you start the game but when you enter the story mode for the first time

@Takun
Yeah now i remember the Melee Intro!
There were also trophies coming alive in an arena ^^"

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Well, err, Bowser is... mischievous rather than evil, kinda like Dedede. There's been a bunch of games where he sided with Mario and was depicted as rather intelligent and cynical and stuff. Peach was actually worried about him dying in one of the Paper Marios...
He does have a mischevious and bumbling personality, but play the original Paper Mario, and try to tell me he's anything but evil.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well, one things known for sure...

Trophys are back. And I mean "trophy" trophys from Melee.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Seems like Mario and Kirby are breakinh the rules by deciding not to fight, making peaces, so maybe then the ruler of 'This world...'; MetaKnight(?), has come back to punish them. I think MetaKnight will be like a miniboss or something in the adventure mode, like the first time you pass it, you unlock it maybe?

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
This thread started out so well....what happened?

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Well, if there were 'main' bad guys out of the Nintendo characters involved, it would probably be the most evil villains of the series, which would be:

Ridley
Andross
Bowser
K. Rool
And maybe King Dedede

They strike me as the most evil. At least, I know Ridley and Andross are pure evil. Bowser is up there. Metaknight is a sort of friendly rival, it looks like. Wolf is an anti-hero, and in the end he's just like Fox. So any of those on the list might be associated with the Cloudies. But knowing so little, it's hard to make a solid theory. Impossible, actually.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
"When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price..."

To be honest, when I first read those words and then viewed the last picture, I immediately thought that he was a harmless spectator being trapped in purple goo/energy due to the rules being broken. Mario and Kirby would freak out, turn toward Metaknight, and go fix the problem. :p

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
I think MetaKnight will be like a miniboss or something in the adventure mode, like the first time you pass it, you unlock it maybe?
Once again, I don't think Meta Knight will be a boss. He's NOT evil!

I don't know how to go about explaining why his ship is there...maybe he just wants to participate in the match? Maybe he's rescuing Mario and Kirby like other people have suggested? I dunno. If anyone should be a boss/mini-boss, it should be Bowser or Ridley (If he's in)

trevbang

Smash Cadet
Creepy, anyway the first few pictures looked a lot like the beginning of the opening video of melee, someone should post that here and compare.

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
Seems like Mario and Kirby are breakinh the rules by deciding not to fight, making peaces, so maybe then the ruler of 'This world...'; MetaKnight(?), has come back to punish them. I think MetaKnight will be like a miniboss or something in the adventure mode, like the first time you pass it, you unlock it maybe?
or maybe metanight is fleeing from the clouds and is on his way to pick up mario and kirby?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
The way the captions are set, they describe the picture thats below them, not above them. For proof, check the caption about fighting as the sole purpose, the one below it shows Mario and Kirby ready to fight.

What this could mean, is that MetaKnight is not a bad guy, because the rule breaking caption isn't until AFTER MK's arrival picture. The only character negatively discussed is the ??? purple sandbag/goo monster.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hmm, until I see an explaination, It looks like the SSB series has taken a bit of a darker turn.

Not that much darker to take from nintendo's wallet, kids will still buy it (younger kids i mean, of course we will, if you are kids) But some kids might buy from the "cool" factor now.

I see sort of a bomb figure, like this is not the boss or anything, but more of a minion. Bombs make good minions you know =P

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
That last line on the new update is different in spanish, instead of the world paying a terrible price, its "it pays a terrible price"

BinAly

Smash Apprentice
Hi people, first post here!

Maybe MetaKnight is enslaved by some powerfull being, and he has the duty of keeping the Trophies fighting. When Mario decides to give Kirby a seccond chance, MetaKnight is sent to make them pay.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I thought that the idea that this is probably the opening for brawl was more than cleard up and agreed upon, but I guess not.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oERm213GIuI

Trophies fighting in a colloseum!?!?!
Trophies fighting in some kids room, that has been shown from SSB days, and the kid is playing god, when his toys dont cooperate, he wants then killed, even if he has to do it. Always seemed a little dark to me, playing god can get ugly... I THINK >_>

Bombs destroy trophies, this kid got himself some m-80s, he didn't like the tier list!

Top Bottom