• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Suna

Smash Journeyman
I think that Mr Purple is Mario they said you breck the rules then it shows mario help Kirby they says will pay the price or whaever then shows mario they tured maro into a purple thing for going agens the rules!

Sweetness

Smash Rookie
A place where the wii has been out for years and w
I actually like this a little bit. A story that can be developed for a game that lacks one would definitely be to add a bad guy that enslaves most of the characters, leaving only a few left to save them (default characters). It works for a game that doesn't have any established bad guys already, saves time creating new and unique ones when they can just use the characters they've spent so long creating already.
You get a two-fer by fighting the goo versions of the characters to unlock the actual character.

EDIT: I don't think MetaKnight is a bad guy. I think he just showed up at the wrong time to look like a bad guy. He was probably going to be the next fighter in the stadium. And the ominous clouds come with MK's ship Halberd, it's a package deal.
But think about it! If he was just another fighter he would appear in trophy form like everyone else. Something has to make him special. Something has to make him above the rest of the characters.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
It seems the turning into trophys is equivalent to death. in real life you can't bring people back to life when they are dead.

so a new bad guy appears and trys to take over the world and you have to stop him.

seems obvious but it seems really good.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
Good thinking, but what I see is Villains against the Heroes. Arguments:
Mario and Kirby (heroes) shake hands (peace) and the evil villains rule the smash world (hence the dark background and dull colouring)
The story mode could be the heroes against villains (also giving Sakurai reasons to include more villains). Summing it all up it could be; if you played as Samus you had to fight against Ridley as a boss. MK if you are Kirby etc

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
But think about it! If he was just another fighter he would appear in trophy form like everyone else. Something has to make him special. Something has to make him above the rest of the characters.
To be fair, you don't actually see Meta Knight there. Is he in trophy form or not? We don't know. All we can see is his ship.

Plus, it's possible that somehow Mario and Kirby broke the rules and now trophies are running amok everywhere, which is causing the dark bubbles (some rift in the fabric of existence or manifestation of Master Hand/God Kid trying to restore order or Crazy Hand trying to further destroy everything, maybe he's the cause).

We could go so many places with this. I really like the direction it's going... a fighting game. A plot! A fighting game with a GOOD plot! Whooda thunk it?

[edit] The villians can't be ruling the smash world! They were trophies in Melee along with everyone else! [/edit]

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
This looks more like an intro to the game itself other than an intro to a story mode. Perhaps the storyline revolves around MetaKnight (?) and the ???.

Sweetness

Smash Rookie
Good thinking, but what I see is Villains against the Heroes. Arguments:
Mario and Kirby (heroes) shake hands (peace) and the evil villains rule the smash world (hence the dark background and dull colouring)
The story mode could be the heroes against villains (also giving Sakurai reasons to include more villains). Summing it all up it could be; if you played as Samus you had to fight against Ridley as a boss. MK if you are Kirby etc
MK apparently isn't all that villainous according to some of the users here.

But that put aside I really like that theory. But it doesn't seem likely, what would you do if you chose Pit? He's the only one from his series on that game (As we know so far.). Who would the solo unlockables fight? It just seems like too much of a hassle.

Suna

Smash Journeyman
Learn to spell. Also, it can't be Mario as multiple puple guy's are showing up. According to your theory, when Mario gets turned into a purple guy, he gets turned into an army of purple guys.
I never said I was the best speller....... and no one said that the other bubbles are purple guys btw you spelled purple wrong lol and you talk about me but they couls also be other people that broke the rules.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
There are question marks (unreadable japanese text) where there was no text in the english version. In other words, there is text under the images (possible info?).

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
This looks more like an intro to the game itself other than an intro to a story mode. Perhaps the storyline revolves around MetaKnight (?) and the ???.
No... besides, it's under "Game Modes". I don't think the opening video introduction counts as a Game Mode >.>

And no way would the storyline revolve around Metaknight and... I don't even know what you mean by "???" as that's most likely a Game Mode as well.

I'm just gonna keep my two cents to myself and watch others speculate. I like what some of you are saying.

Sweetness

Smash Rookie
To be fair, you don't actually see Meta Knight there. Is he in trophy form or not? We don't know. All we can see is his ship.

Plus, it's possible that somehow Mario and Kirby broke the rules and now trophies are running amok everywhere, which is causing the dark bubbles (some rift in the fabric of existence or manifestation of Master Hand/God Kid trying to restore order or Crazy Hand trying to further destroy everything, maybe he's the cause).

We could go so many places with this. I really like the direction it's going... a fighting game. A plot! A fighting game with a GOOD plot! Whooda thunk it?

[edit] The villians can't be ruling the smash world! They were trophies in Melee along with everyone else! [/edit]
That is true. But if you look at how Meta Knight is introduced into the first trailer it seems like he is in complete control of his ship. The only other explaination would be Master Hand stole it as a vessel for his minions and Meta Knight got it back later.

Unlikely yes, but it is possible Master Hand did recruit the villains of the series. Maybe to help stop the hero's uprising and promise the reward of freedom to the villain that succeeds. I personally don't think so. But it is a possibility.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
I never said I was the best speller....... and no one said that the other bubbles are purple guys btw you spelled purple wrong lol and you talk about me but they couls also be other people that broke the rules.
You're a complete idiot. It's obvious that you didn't know how to spell "breaking" because you spelt it wrong twice, in TWO posts. I spelled "purple" wrong once. It was a mistake (besides, if you want to play like that you spelled "could" wrong too. *******)

Anyway, yeah it could be other people in the bubbles, but there are three bubbles and Kirby was the only other person in that update, so who else could it be? Metaknight doesn't count because only his ship was in the update, not him, and from the trailers and pics it looks like Metaknight doesn't need to drive it in order for it to move.

Suna

Smash Journeyman
You're a complete idiot. It's obvious that you didn't know how to spell "breaking" because you spelt it wrong twice, in TWO posts. I spelled "purple" wrong once. It was a mistake (besides, if you want to play like that you spelled "could" wrong too. *******)

Anyway, yeah it could be other people in the bubbles, but there are three bubbles and Kirby was the only other person in that update, so who else could it be? Metaknight doesn't count because only his ship was in the update, not him, and from the trailers and pics it looks like Metaknight doesn't need to drive it in order for it to move.
wow why you get so mad I don't even care that much if I spell something wrong it's because I'm typeing to fast to care...one of them could be Kirby and the other Metaknight thats why the got his ship if they are the ones useing it.Also if I was a complete idiot how could I be haveing this disscusion with you so **** off...

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
No... besides, it's under "Game Modes". I don't think the opening video introduction counts as a Game Mode >.>

And no way would the storyline revolve around Metaknight and... I don't even know what you mean by "???" as that's most likely a Game Mode as well.

I'm just gonna keep my two cents to myself and watch others speculate. I like what some of you are saying.
I was simply speculating, hence my choice in pronouns and the question mark in parentheses. And I'm just referring to those boxmen things as the ???.
Also, 4 Kinds of Control and Names don't have anything to do with game modes either.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
I'm speechless.

. . .

Okay, now that that's over with, this was a HUGE update, as far as the whole story goes.

I think Mario reviving Kirby has nothing to do with the so called "Breaking the Rules," because the picture was put way before that bit of dialog. In fact, if Mario didn't revive Kirby, how would they be able to fight again, as per the rules of "This World?"

The hand shaking was nothing more than good sportsmanship: what else would you expect between Mario and Kirby?

As far as breaking the rules go, I think that weird-looking robot thing is the one "breaking the rules," thus ushering chaos in to the world. Whether intentional or not, it appears to be the "bad guy," trying to bring an end to the world of Smash as we know it.

A possibility is it aims to defeat the smashers and have them permanently become trophies, making the concept of death much more real. That would obviously have extremely dire consequences. A hero, now, must obviously risk his/her own life to thwart the foe.

Zeraga

Smash Apprentice
I was simply speculating, hence my choice in pronouns and the question mark in parentheses. And I'm just referring to those boxmen things as the ???.
Also, 4 Kinds of Control and Names don't have anything to do with game modes either.
What are you talking about?

I love names mode.

Eaode

Smash Champion
It's possible that Meta Knight is somehow being controlled by Master Hand/unknown enemy or whatever. Maybe in the story mode you have to beat someone who is possesed (like as the final boss) and then they become playable because you "saved" them from the evil.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
wow why you get so mad I don't even care that much if I spell something wrong it's because I'm typeing to fast to care...one of them could be Kirby and the other Metaknight thats why the got his ship if they are the ones useing it.Also if I was a complete idiot how could I be haveing this disscusion with you so **** off...
The point of my original argument was not "learn to spell" but how Mario could not be the purple guy. Yet you seem to be more interested in the former.

Anyway, you basically used a theory that I already proved wrong to attempt to prove yourself right. I think that's the sign of a true idiot. Besides, if an idiot is capable of typing on a keyboard, an idiot is capable of arguing on an online forum. Although I can hardly call that arguing, or debating, or anything as you keep SPELLING THINGS WRONG, AND USING HORRIBLE GRAMMAR. IT TOOK ME TWO READS OF YOUR POST TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WERE TRYING TO SAY TO ME. "That's why the got his ship if they are the ones useing it". WTF? Don't even post back, because I'm done arguing with you....idiot.

Eaode

Smash Champion
N00bs stop argueing abot speeling

Anyway, here's my Theory:

This is one of those cliche "Evil force is already in control" scenarios.

By that I mean that master hand (or whoever the main villain is) is already in control in his own little world and is making these trophies fight for his enjoyment. Their only purpose to him is to fight. When Mario becomes friends with Kirby, he is essentially saying that he does not want to fight him anymore. The evil person gets pissed off about this and sends his little purple minions and/or Meta Knight (who is possibly under his full control, or just forced to work for him) to go punish Mario and Kirby.

Later on Meta Knight will probably break free of this and join the good guys in their rebellion against the Evil entity who controls the trophies.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Let's repost two of my posts here, since people obviously missed them:

Perhaps you are all looking too much in the handshake. The text "But..." came before the Halberd screenshot, and the "When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price..." is after that same screenshot.

Maybe the character in the last screenshot wasn't the result of something, it was the beginning.

See it as this. Mario turning Kirby into a normal character is just some way to show respect. Shaking hands is a way of respect. Maybe Mario wanted to duke it out again. See, their sole purpose is to brawl. If I'm reading this correct, it means that they know of nothing else than to brawl. They like to brawl. Being turned into a trophy means being discarded as a not worthy opponent.

Maybe turning back into a trophy has nothing to do with being defeated. Being turned back to life however does have to do about brawling.

Why assume any of the BRAWLERS are the ones breaking the rules? The Brawlers, from what I make up of the text, don't have their own will. Their only input is the way they fight and such. They have no need to be free, for them brawling is all they have, all they can do. They're just trophies, they don't need to eat or sleep, so the only thing they can do is brawl. Perhaps they even enjoy it.

But what if something breaks this lifestyle, something from outside? We all assume the clouded character is something created by breaking the rules, but could it be the other way around? That the clouded character is breaking the rules? Like Sakurai says, in this world, TROPHIES fight. That is the only real rule explained.

Who knows, maybe the clouded character isn't a trophy, but something from "outside", outside this world, outside the rules. Maybe it isn't part of the rule, but it can still break it.

To me, it seems that this is the intro to the first match, where Mario and Kirby encounter this character. Why the Halberd is there, I don't know, maybe it has come to the rescue, and comes after the you have defeated the enemy.

There are some others who share the same opinion.

Also, Sakurai never said that the characters are being forced to fight.
It's more than possible that they enjoy it, since it is, after all, all they know.
So throw those "blah blah theyr enslavd and need to b rescued bai etaknight@!" Theories, ideas and nonsense outt he window.
I think Mario reviving Kirby has nothing to do with the so called "Breaking the Rules," because the picture was put way before that bit of dialog. In fact, if Mario didn't revive Kirby, how would they be able to fight again, as per the rules of "This World?"

The hand shaking was nothing more than good sportsmanship: what else would you expect between Mario and Kirby?

As far as breaking the rules go, I think that weird-looking robot thing is the one "breaking the rules," thus ushering chaos in to the world. Whether intentional or not, it appears to be the "bad guy," trying to bring an end to the world of Smash as we know it.

A possibility is it aims to defeat the smashers and have them permanently become trophies, making the concept of death much more real. That would obviously have extremely dire consequences. A hero, now, must obviously risk his/her own life to thwart the foe.
This backs up what I've thought of. What if the arrival of Meta Knight coincided with the arrival of that clouded character? Meta Knight had nothing to do with it at all. He just came to warn the brawlers of their arrival.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
The point of my original argument was not "learn to spell" but how Mario could not be the purple guy. Yet you seem to be more interested in the former.

Anyway, you basically used a theory that I already proved wrong to attempt to prove yourself right. I think that's the sign of a true idiot. Besides, if an idiot is capable of typing on a keyboard, an idiot is capable of arguing on an online forum. Although I can hardly call that arguing, or debating, or anything as you keep SPELLING THINGS WRONG, AND USING HORRIBLE GRAMMAR. IT TOOK ME TWO READS OF YOUR POST TO UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WERE TRYING TO SAY TO ME. "That's why the got his ship if they are the ones useing it". WTF? Don't even post back, because I'm done arguing with you....idiot.
Burn.

Now, let's see.... Since when do robots Fart Poison gas?

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
N00bs stop argueing abot speeling

Anyway, here's my Theory:

This is one of those cliche "Evil force is already in control" scenarios.

By that I mean that master hand (or whoever the main villain is) is already in control in his own little world and is making these trophies fight for his enjoyment. Their only purpose to him is to fight. When Mario becomes friends with Kirby, he is essentially saying that he does not want to fight him anymore. The evil person gets pissed off about this and sends his little purple minions and/or Meta Knight (who is possibly under his full control, or just forced to work for him) to go punish Mario and Kirby.

Later on Meta Knight will probably break free of this and join the good guys in their rebellion against the Evil entity who controls the trophies.
How are you calling me a "N00b" when you can't figure out what I'm arguing about? So I'm a "N00b" because I have a lower post count than you? That's nonsense from a person who obviously thinks he's the **** because he spends a lot of time on the internet. I was arguing about whether or not Mario was the purple guy or not. Learn to read.

Sweetness

Smash Rookie
Let's repost two of my posts here, since people obviously missed them:

Perhaps you are all looking too much in the handshake. The text "But..." came before the Halberd screenshot, and the "When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price..." is after that same screenshot.

Maybe the character in the last screenshot wasn't the result of something, it was the beginning.

See it as this. Mario turning Kirby into a normal character is just some way to show respect. Shaking hands is a way of respect. Maybe Mario wanted to duke it out again. See, their sole purpose is to brawl. If I'm reading this correct, it means that they know of nothing else than to brawl. They like to brawl. Being turned into a trophy means being discarded as a not worthy opponent.

Maybe turning back into a trophy has nothing to do with being defeated. Being turned back to life however does have to do about brawling.

Why assume any of the BRAWLERS are the ones breaking the rules? The Brawlers, from what I make up of the text, don't have their own will. Their only input is the way they fight and such. They have no need to be free, for them brawling is all they have, all they can do. They're just trophies, they don't need to eat or sleep, so the only thing they can do is brawl. Perhaps they even enjoy it.

But what if something breaks this lifestyle, something from outside? We all assume the clouded character is something created by breaking the rules, but could it be the other way around? That the clouded character is breaking the rules? Like Sakurai says, in this world, TROPHIES fight. That is the only real rule explained.

Who knows, maybe the clouded character isn't a trophy, but something from "outside", outside this world, outside the rules. Maybe it isn't part of the rule, but it can still break it.

To me, it seems that this is the intro to the first match, where Mario and Kirby encounter this character. Why the Halberd is there, I don't know, maybe it has come to the rescue, and comes after the you have defeated the enemy.

There are some others who share the same opinion.

This backs up what I've thought of. What if the arrival of Meta Knight coincided with the arrival of that clouded character? Meta Knight had nothing to do with it at all. He just came to warn the brawlers of their arrival.
This and the others that enforce this theory make much more sense then what has been said the past few pages. It's kind of like the first Crash Bandicoot racing game. You think the inclusion of Snake has anything to do with this?

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
alright here's my theory and you people have free in analyzing or shooting it down

master hand loves to create and he created trophies of his favorite characters
then he gave them life according to their character and gave them a lust of fighting

therefore turning into a trophy is like death (kinda like toy story not being used)

mario and kirby is sent to the ring and now they are "reborn" (they have full knowledge of everything)

they have an epic fight but in the end mario wins

kirby is turned into a trophy and now mario's character and fighting joy is in a conflict

eventually his hero character triumphs and he gives kirby a life

kirby, reborn so quickly is confused and lookes at mario

mario tells kirby that a fight at anytime will be good but they will never take it to trophy turning extremes

kirby agrees and shakes mario hand to sign this agreement

then mario looks at the sky seing ominous clouds (villains or no villains) and the heliberd

he first thinks that meta is his next challenger

but suddenly he sees dark smoke on the stadium floor and sees some minions being created

because of mario's great selfless act the world's rules have been broken

now everything master hand created to keep it in balance is disarray

this created a new great evil (or crazy hand he loves to destroy) seeking to finish this world

he has powers similiar to master hand and created minions and corrupted the dormant trophies

however since mario and kirby was "alive" when mario broke the rule they are unaffected by the corruption

i'm guessing that in story mode you have to first free the other corrupted trophies and eventually counter this great evil

you can only choose kirby and mario at first and you can shoose them both in coop
most battles are optional but some battles (mario fighting his corrupt brother) is mandatory

when you free other trophies you can use them

after you beat it once you can use any starting character(s)

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I translated the page, the information is no different. I would guess the same thing that it is good sportsmanship. I am still unsure of who he is, but he could have part in the breaking the rules, watch the video (not the E3 one) you'll notice the crowd cheer for link, I think that is at the same place, it could be for either winning the matches. I am guessing that it will be similar to a sequence in PM:Thousand Year Door, where you will fight someone then immidiatly have to fight another, this is not similar to multi-man melee because it is not the same character... it is basically a set up from all-star mode.
I also agree with that post above me those are the some definites and some possibilities.

Eaode

Smash Champion
How are you calling me a "N00b" when you can't figure out what I'm arguing about? So I'm a "N00b" because I have a lower post count than you? That's nonsense from a person who obviously thinks he's the **** because he spends a lot of time on the internet. I was arguing about whether or not Mario was the purple guy or not. Learn to read.

what do you call that? You even capitalized it for emphasis.

Top Bottom