• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I was saying that the Japenese site, had the same information, someone asked at an earlier post and I was answering it the question.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Before my theory gets lost in random discussions:

Eaode said:
Anyway, here's my Theory:

This is one of those cliche "Evil force is already in control" scenarios.

By that I mean that master hand (or whoever the main villain is) is already in control in his own little world and is making these trophies fight for his enjoyment. Their only purpose to him is to fight. When Mario becomes friends with Kirby, he is essentially saying that he does not want to fight him anymore. The evil person gets pissed off about this and sends his little purple minions and/or Meta Knight (who is possibly under his full control, or just forced to work for him) to go punish Mario and Kirby.

Later on Meta Knight will probably break free of this and join the good guys in their rebellion against the Evil entity who controls the trophies.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
what do you call that? You even capitalized it for emphasis.
I call it proving his theory wrong already, and moving on to proving that he was an idiot as well :laugh:. I capitalized a sentence, so what. If he wants to argue with me in a way that I can barely read what he wrote without squinting my eyes then I'm obviously going to point it out. The fact that I capitalized part of my argument has nothing to do with anything.

*whew* I'm sure arguing with a lot of people today. lol.

EDIT: Besides, if you read my first post in the argument with him, you'll notice that my only words regarding spelling were "learn to spell." He decided to get all offended and base his argument back on spelling, thus enlarging the argument in a whole. Then you decided to call me a "Noob" completely out of no where because having over 1000 posts somehow makes you high and mighty.

Eaode

Smash Champion
No, but I mean stop arguing about spelling, for four posts you guys went back and fourth pointing out words that the other misspelled.

Capitalization just emphasizes that it was there.

EDIT: no, having over 1488 posts makes me mighty ;)

I AM MASTER HAND!

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Eaode, that is a very valid theory, seems good as with the others, with all these theories its like the Super-String Theory aye... a basic some is that we know he is evil for the most part, he possibly have control over MetaKnight but that is yet to be seen. It is marked as a mode so that means for what we know there could be another type of scenario for this. who knows if the player was actually mario (instead of kirby) maybe Bowsers Castle would rise under the stadium...

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm.

Okay, here's a theory:

This is an "intro" to the new Adventure Mode. I don't suspect it will be very "story intensive" or anything, like I doubt you'll see any really involved drama or anything like that. Maybe some pretty cool cut-scenes in between stages, similar to how Adventure Mode was in melee.

Issues with this theory:

It's using Mario and Kirby in these scenes. Will this change depending on who you choose for Adventure Mode? Is it instead just part of the intro for the game? The intro in melee had a similar theme to this as well, with the trophies being thrown into the arena and springing to life to do battle. If so, why is it in the "modes" section? If it's from Adventure Mode, why is it under "???" instead of "Adventure Mode?" That being said, information completely unrelated to game modes are listed in the game modes section...in fact, not a single game mode has been listed yet.

The reason I don't suspect this is going to be a "Story Mode" is that I don't see Smash Bros demanding any real sort of exhaustive plot. It may in fact be called "Story Mode" but I doubt it would be dramatically different from the old Adventure Mode. It would just be weird. Like Sonic the Hedgehog plotlines getting too serious for their own good...it just becomes creepy and awkward.

:mario:MYSTERRRIIIESSS.:kirby:

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I wonder if that place Mario and Kirby were in was a playable stage? 0_0
Well, it's possible. I like the theory about Mario breaking the rules to save Kirby and angering the boss of everything. It seems interesting to me. Keep the theories coming, guys.

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
No, but I mean stop arguing about spelling, for four posts you guys went back and fourth pointing out words that the other misspelled.

Capitalization just emphasizes that it was there.
For four posts we went back and forth arguing about whether or not the purple guy was Mario or not. Even if we did argue about spelling, it wasn't the main part of the argument in any way, shape, or form, even if I did capitalize that sentence. Yes, it was there, I'm not denying that, but that doesn't mean we were not arguing about something much more important as well, and in your post you made it seem that way, which made me angry because EVERYBODY on these forums argue. If I'm not mistaken, everybody here just had a 33 page argument about clouds....

aM I rIte?!?1

Now, I'm done arguing about small and pointless things like Jopaan said. :chuckle: I'm just gonna go get some iced tea and continue arguing about the REAL argument at hand..

Eaode

Smash Champion
It'd be nice if the stage were playable. A flat Pokemon Stadium....?

Perhaps it is the replacement for Final Destination. And at the end the Evil one comes down and fights you himself in this arena

Sweetness

Smash Rookie
A place where the wii has been out for years and w
Maybe... Just maybe Master Hand and his cousin are the good guys (Crazy, I know.). They live peacefully brawling with these trophies for entertainment. But this new evil force is jealous of them. Or simply wants to create his/it's own empire and take over the universe or something.

The only problem with that is that something had to break the rules. We all know what the rules and, and all the arrows point to Mario and Kirby. But on the other hand, it said something. Something could be those robotic things coming out of the purple fog. Or people may consider Kirby a something and not a someone. Either the robots are the punishment, or they are the challengers.

At this point there are way too many possibilities to count. I wonder if Sakurai plans to continue this look into the Smash world on monday...

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think the idea that breaking the rules turns you into that thing is my favorite theory so far, even if it is the one i least believe for some reason

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Also there is a fact that you can die off the sides directly, it looks very similar to FD, but did you see the look of the battlefield map, something tells me FD will look like it usually does, just in a whole different context. FD was really a showy map you have to admit. But there has been a single platform map like it since the original, so I am unsure...

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, for a second when I saw

I thought " Did Kirby turn into that? "

But, I dunno, I guess a more logical answer was the goop was flung from the ship and landed in the arena, the little bot coming out of it...or the goop just appears in the arena. Man, this is the kind of update I've been wanting since the beginning. Awesome.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Maybe... Just maybe Master Hand and his cousin are the good guys (Crazy, I know.). They live peacefully brawling with these trophies for entertainment. But this new evil force is jealous of them. Or simply wants to create his/it's own empire and take over the universe or something.

The only problem with that is that something had to break the rules. We all know what the rules and, and all the arrows point to Mario and Kirby. But on the other hand, it said something. Something could be those robotic things coming out of the purple fog. Or people may consider Kirby a something and not a someone. Either the robots are the punishment, or they are the challengers.

At this point there are way too many possibilities to count. I wonder if Sakurai plans to continue this look into the Smash world on monday...
I think he is going to kill us and do a pointless update.

MARIO'S MOVESET CONFIRMED!

Theres one problem with the punishment idea. I think Nintendo would have showed a cutsence of either Kirby or Mario getting attacked by the purple blobs and slowly becoming into that robo thing.

dan smith

Smash Champion

I see the sock monkey robot and definately don't feel afraid, that thing dosn't look like it's going to own me, instead it looks very submissive. It has perhaps an antennae on it's head and maybe a lock on it's chest. The purple gas also appears to be the remnants of some powerful force.

To me the punishment would appear to be a transformation into a submissive robot, the gloves on the sock monkey look like Mario's, and I could see the objective of this game mode be to reclaim some of the starting characters from the game.

The stage would also look to be a good candidate for a very basic stage, ala Final Desination.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Also, 4 Kinds of Control and Names don't have anything to do with game modes either.
Is it not? Isn't it a part of the gameplay? That's what Game Modes is all about, things that have to do with the gameplay of Brawl. And that would really make it easy to believe that this update is the beginning of the story line.

Florida

イーグランツ
Theory:

Brawl is going to introduce a new style for Smash, this time around it will have more of a story plot than what it did before. Basically what was shown for today's update, I think is the opening intro for the game. It will always be Mairo and Kirby people :p

Anyways, it'll probably show Mario and Kirby fighting, Mario wins and Kirby loses, which leads to him being turned back into a trophy. Kirby resisted, and with Mario's help turned back. They shook hands and decided not to fight. Since it is their sole existance to fight, and since they refused, the rules were broken.

To stop the resistance, Master Hand unleashes his army of villains (Bowser, Metaknight, Dedede, Wolf, Ridley, etc.) to fight against the rebellion. He also creates a new puppet, the thing we saw in the last picture, to help destroy them. This is why I think Sakurai said that he was more fond to villains in this game. What do you guys think?

Desruprot

Smash Lord
that true, this is a mode also, remember in the "Stadium" Mode, this could also be similar to that, but have different enemies. That could actually be the stadium we do not usually see in that mode, trophies were introduced in the last game and you had to collect them, perhaps you can also earn Assist Trophies, he could be one of them... rebellion of the minor characters ! lol.
That is a logical theory, although it is similar to some already posted, you just developed it a littler further.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Wow egruntz, you're really the first one to say this. Seriously, why does everybody just repeat what has been said already countless times? Yes, it IS about Mario and Kirby fighting, Mario reviving Kirby blablabla etc. We know that by now, tell us something we didn't know yet.

Jopaan

Smash Journeyman
Is it not? Isn't it a part of the gameplay? That's what Game Modes is all about, things that have to do with the gameplay of Brawl. And that would really make it easy to believe that this update is the beginning of the story line.
-_-' Read Please:
SPECULATION
I was not really too much inclined in one direction over the other. It could be an intro or a mode. Both fit in the same category.
Besides, this is 2 pages old.

Suna

Smash Journeyman
No, but THIS stage seems more like a real, fleshed out stage than that one. We got a full view of this one, as well as the airial view most stages got so far, while the one in Melee only had a very brief glimpse of it.
But the intro in melee had a stage that looked like a colosseum in rome and in ssb it was on a table at first and at the end they was nowhere.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Wow egruntz, you're really the first one to say this. Seriously, why does everybody just repeat what has been said already countless times? Yes, it IS about Mario and Kirby fighting, Mario reviving Kirby blablabla etc. We know that by now, tell us something we didn't know yet.
because some people have no common sense. Some people say that Mario is the purple dude. And sme people say that the pureple dude is breaking the rules. And some other people say Meta Knight is breaking the rules.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
because some people have no common sense. Some people say that Mario is the purple dude. And sme people say that the pureple dude is breaking the rules. And some other people say Meta Knight is breaking the rules.
Could we just stop with that? Those suggestions don't make any sense at all.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
That time though they were "dolls" that were put togeather (out of the trash I think). sort of a renewal thing. He is sticking with the stadium because it is a consistent theme in Melee and now Brawl. The stadium mode no appearence in the original. The stage that looked like it was in rome is now officially playable it is the "battlefield" in Brawl, if you check the updates. if you think about it, there is a similar dark glow around the Final Smash as is the character shown. its an interesting thing to see.

kenkaga

Smash Rookie

I see the sock monkey robot and definately don't feel afraid, that thing dosn't look like it's going to own me, instead it looks very submissive. It has perhaps an antennae on it's head and maybe a lock on it's chest. The purple gas also appears to be the remnants of some powerful force.

To me the punishment would appear to be a transformation into a submissive robot, the gloves on the sock monkey look like Mario's, and I could see the objective of this game mode be to reclaim some of the starting characters from the game.

The stage would also look to be a good candidate for a very basic stage, ala Final Desination.
I totally agree with you and in fact I would love a mode that permits us reclaim our old characters. This theory kinda supports my own. Contrary to some of the people I've talked to, I believe that every single Melee character will make it into Brawl, in some shape, way or form. Perhaps in this mode, you would be able to fight the newer baddies such as Wario and Metaknight, alongside some of our favorite baddies such as DK (I consider him a baddie >.>) and Gannon. Perhaps by having a Gamecube memory card, you might be able to transfer over characters in this manner. I know I'll prolly get flamed for saying that but meh!

As far as the stage being Final Destination-esque.......I have to say, maybeh. Meanwhile I would love FD to have a better presentation such as a stadium like the one shown, I think that Sakurai is just gonna up the graphics on the existing and add a bit more flash to it, but keeping it as it is. But god I hope I am wrong about FD >.<

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
I think kirby broke the rules by not turning into a trophy so... they sent his enemy metal knight to fight him

EDIT: meta knight sorry and maybe thats why they have the halberd?!?!?

Top Bottom