• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
hey does anyone besides me think that that things covered in twilight . so when it says the world will pay its like it starts get covered in twilight n ****.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
if you note in the picture in the stadium you can see the Smash Logo, this may help clear some theories, because it may help explain why you collected trophies in Melee, I think the connect is in the last game to answer the question. here is a picture that has the logo (it is the aeril[excuse spelling] view)

-Foggy-

Smash Apprentice
in the Subspace Emissary. What is the Subspace Emi
But the intro in melee had a stage that looked like a colosseum in rome and in ssb it was on a table at first and at the end they was nowhere.
(sorry for double post if it happens)

What does the fact that it was a table and a rome-like colosseum in previous games have to do with ANYTHING!?!?! Seriously. My argument was that this stage was more fleshed out than the others. We have full blown pictures of it, as opposed to the small glimpses we saw from the others. We have seen the entire thing from an airial view for god sakes. Most likely, with a stage that has been as beautifully modeled and finished as this one, there is no way it won't be playable.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember the twilight effects in TP looking anything like that, so probably not, Falco 4 Life.

HeroOfTime64

Smash Cadet
Yeah... The whole detailed bird's-eye view she-bang... You've got a point... A very good point, might I add. You dont have a wonderfully polished gun on the wall incased in a shiny, detailed, glass box in the background in Act One of a play if it's not gonna fire and shoot someone in Act Three.

If it dosn't, it aint doin' it's job.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I agree with the fact that it would be playable, since its shown in an aeriel view. It is also in modes, so there may actually be multiple things you can do, note the simularities between games is the thing that I am trying to get at, at the end of adventure mode bowsers trophy goes off the stage and falls, perhaps that is remenicent of Sakurai is getting at here. also I think the affect is shown elsewhere (the try again screen you are shown as a trophy). So perhaps you can get revived uner curtain rules (that involves money).

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
So maybe in that arena you fight Master hand and instead of him blowing up. Master hand turns into a Trophie. Then the character bacomes the new rulers of Smash and gets a special ending.

Jason777123

Smash Cadet
Well i was think it would be like either co-op or online but maybe its like you go on an adventure trying to solve all the mysteries of your world of smash and fight threw many battles gathering more and more people to defeat master hand and crazy hand (maybe purple guy) once and for all having all live trophies in peace forever! With fighting for fun to keep the franchise going

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Maybe this is a sign for especially significant updates on Fridays?

Like people have been saying, I can't help but feel like Monday's is going to be really trivial, now.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
The Master Hand was in fact a trophy in Melee, its just incredibly hard to earn, same for the GigaBowser Trophy. I do not think it will turn out that way, but then again we do not really know what really happens after you defeat the Master Hand in either SSB or Melee.

Florida

イーグランツ
Wow egruntz, you're really the first one to say this. Seriously, why does everybody just repeat what has been said already countless times? Yes, it IS about Mario and Kirby fighting, Mario reviving Kirby blablabla etc. We know that by now, tell us something we didn't know yet.
It's really pathetic how fast some members can get offensive, from just a theory. So what if it's been said a couple of times? Maybe I agree with it? And it's not even positive if this is what's really going on, so don't talk about the issue like you know what's happening because you don't. (in other words, screw off)

Phew, now that's out of my system... :p
I hope that the stage displayed in the screen shots replaces Final Destination, an area is more fit for a fighting finale than a platform floating in the middle of nowhere. (even though this arena is floating... eh).

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice
lol it kinda does
This thread moves awfully fast...

The dark energy doesn't really resemble twilight from TP because of its purple aura. Twilight is peatty much pure black as spots with no color at all, or marked with red and blue green lines in larger areas. The dark purple aura looks like something Mewtwo or Gannondorf might use though. Their moves in melee had a lot of that.

I still say the stage looks like Melee's Pokemon Stadium sans a Pokemon theme.

Oh yeah and...

I see the sock monkey robot...

:laugh:LoLz:laugh:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok this is how I see it:

Mario and kirby are brought to life
Mario knows the emptiness that is being a trophy, and if he defeats kirby he'll transform back into one (the pic where hes grabbing kirbys trophy, hes imagining things) he then sees kirby, and decides not to fight, he joins forces with kirby to make sure no one transforms into a trophy again...

By joining forces theyre breaking the rules, metaknight along with other evil characters are summon to make them pay, as long with the new minions (last pic)... to be continued...

dj asakura

Smash Ace
Desruprot: yea, there is that chance..but for some reason i feel like sock puppet is just a messanger

i'm looking forward to this post being like...2 or 3 posts below the one i'm actually answering

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Hey, do not pick on me, we do not know, but we still saw the Halberd, although I am looking at the update now and I doubt there would be any warning thrown around in this type of game... To add there is definitly a lot more to it then we know right now

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Okay, one flaw I've spotted.

If they know the concequences, why didn't they run like hell, and instead shake hands?

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
Ok this is how I see it:

Mario and kirby are brought to life
Mario knows the emptiness that is being a trophy, and if he defeats kirby he'll transform back into one (the pic where hes grabbing kirbys trophy, hes imagining things) he then sees kirby, and decides not to fight, he joins forces with kirby to make sure no one transforms into a trophy again...

By joining forces theyre breaking the rules, metaknight along with other evil characters are summon to make them pay, as long with the new minions (last pic)... to be continued...
very nice theory. similar to alot but i never heard the part about him imagining things. i thought he jus released him from the trophy. i like your theory

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
'When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price...'
Am i the only one who noticed the 'Or something' part? I have absolutely no idea what their trying to say, its as if they added it right after writing it. Confusion @.@

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
'When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price...'
Am i the only one who noticed the 'Or something' part? I have absolutely no idea what their trying to say, its as if they added it right after writing it. Confusion @.@
It is very omnious, thats for sure. I wonder how this tragic tale of swords and sorcery will unfold...

Desruprot

Smash Lord
"They know nothing but fighting. Fighting is the sole reason for their existence.
Being turned back into a trophy, being unable to fight, is much like death."

Also with this is the mention the imagination theory is a very good since it seems like someone is "different". The Games a Dictatorship I tell Ya!

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord

Okay, now just look at the placement of the captions. Does anyone notice anything?

The part about the rules being broken is not under the hand shaking.

In fact, the "But..." and the "When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price..." part is sandwiching the HALBERD picture.

Zeraga

Smash Apprentice
How would teaming up break the rules?

I've done it many times in SSB and SSBM.

I think the "or something" part is the key.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
This is the freakiest update so far!The fact that the backround was black, the ???, that weird robot, its just really weird.
And btw, is it me, or did they show "This world" in the Deoxys update, or was that pkmn stadium?

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman
So, then the Villins are With the Enforcers, or are they in as much trouble as mario and kirby are for not fighting?

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice

the 'or something' part is probably for effect. Usually people use it to imply something not quite human is involved. Although that's preatty hard to say with Smash though considering we have giant spiky turtles, electric rodents, pink round things, a giant hand, and even a 2D man running around.

Edit: .....gah, me and my slow typing skillz.

Zeraga

Smash Apprentice
Okay, now just look at the placement of the captions. Does anyone notice anything?

The part about the rules being broken is not under the hand shaking.

In fact, the "But..." and the "When someone...or something...breaks those rules, the world will pay a terrible price..." part is sandwiching the HALBERD picture.
Yes.......

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord

Also, knowing that, one can just simply toss ANOTHER pair of trophies to even the balance.

Seriously, the "Mario and Kirby breaking rules" theory is just too flawed to work.

XenoGuard

Smash Journeyman

I don't think that they were teaming up, what it showed was that kirby and mario decided not too fight

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
When they say "or something" they mean or something. Or something. Understooodd?
._.;
Seeing as it is SSBB, or something has a huge value. Like someone else said (didn't catch the name) there are lots of 'things' in ssbb...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I just don't care much for the idea of having the bad guys as the rivals in the storyline. This restricts the characters that would be added to the roster to firstly add the antagonists of the series that are already in Smash, such as StarFox, LoZ, Metroid, F-Zero, etc.

Top Bottom