• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Desruprot

Smash Lord
That as I repeat, is that Metaknight as we know of now has not, the rules broken had to have been between Mario & Kirby since they are excessivly show thoughout the update.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Argh
well waht can you say at this point, that wouldn't be speculation.
Sakurai decided on an excellent thing to release with details but not enough to make any real good conclusions. We see Metanight well not and something that some are saying robotic

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
someone please tell me how the hell metaknight broke sum rules n u can't even see him.
We don't care, cause we see his plane!

Halberd = MetaKnight... we don't need to complicate

And it says that the world has 2 rules:

1)trophies awake to fight and stuff
2)when you lose, you get turn back into a trophy

so MetaKnight is probably breaking rule number 2

Desruprot

Smash Lord
What we currently have is on past posts is this
Kirby and Mario (look like they begin to fight)
Next picture is mario looking at a trophy of Kirby
Kirby is back to normal and looking at Mario
Next we see them shake hands for an unknown reason
Then we see mario look up
the Halberd appears
then the ??? Guy appears

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously its metaknight ship, thus metaknight is involved IN SOME WAY... Unless pichu is piloting it and has sworn revenge for being bottom tier in melee...

BigRick

Smash Master
Seriously its metaknight ship, thus metaknight is involved IN SOME WAY... Unless pichu is piloting it and has sworn revenge for being bottom tier in melee...
lol exactly Stryks it's either MetaKnight or a angry Pichu in that ship... no other logical option.

Even if we only see the Halberd the thing implies everything because Sakurai just wants to reveal you a part of the story, not make sum sort of crazy-*** enigma.

So basically Sakurai tells us in his post:

The smash universe goes like usual... Trophies awake fight, shake hands, applause the winner, drink beer, etc.

Then METAKNIGHT (or Pichu) breaks the rule cause he wants to rule the world or sumtin.

Then every1 has to pay the price! (Farting robot of doom)

Eaode

Smash Champion
Here are the only reasonable options:

1. Kirby and Mario Broke the rule of Fighting by becoming friends
2. Meta Knight broke the rules by coming for them.

I think 1 is a lot more likely because they focus on Mario and Kirby for almost the whole thing, and The Halberd showing up and the ??? guy seem to be consequences of them not fighting anymore.

BigRick

Smash Master
Yea Team battles has always been a part of Smash.

Trophies shake hands because they don't hate each other, they just fight for the lolz.

Also, the winner is always applauded at the end of a fight... so sportsmanship isn't breaking the rules.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I think we will not be able to agree on this because it is all speculation, we must see what is on Monday to finish this discussion...If there is something totally irrelevant on monday then the discussion can continue, for now we will continue on. The main question is that why would he not show us metaknight on the ship if he was in it?
Note the E3 Movie showing him on the ship...

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Well, 1 does look more logical, yet all we can do is speculate now. Sakurai is just... irritating. I don't know a better word for it. He gives us info, yet while he does that, he gives us even more questions to worry about.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
How is fighting wrong?

If fighting is all they can ever do, what's the point in doing something else? Couldn't they just be turned back into trophies again if they refuse to fight?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Yet the image description says 'being turned into an trophy is almost as worse as dieing' or something like that. Doesn't sound too friendly now does it? Why would they break the rules? Maybe the rules have changed since the last 2 games?

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
And why would Mario/Kirby break the rules???

They are the good guys and

they never broke the rules since SSB64

once you're turned into a trophy, you can be awakened again btw...
no u can't be awakened. "being turned into a trophy is like death" jus cause there don't mean they can't break the rules. n a bad world good guys break the rules.

BigRick

Smash Master
How is fighting wrong?

If fighting is all they can ever do, what's the point in doing something else? Couldn't they just be turned back into trophies again if they refuse to fight?
hell yeah just stay a trophy if you dont wanna fight

I feel that the only reason why ppl like this theory is because ppl badly want to know which ''RULE'' is broken...

don't worry guys ull know when the game comes out

Desruprot

Smash Lord
How does being good imply you would not break the rules, its been shown in many movies, shows and games, where the good guy breaks the rules in order to save the world...

Dotcom

Smash Lord
or maybe i broke the rule for being so sexy
or maybe sakurai broke the rule for being so **** smart
or maybe mewtwo broke the rule for being so **** broke
We don't know yet and for now that is how it's gonna stay

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think the whole "turned back into a trophy" thing is really them just clarifying that nobody gets killed in our games of Smash Bros. It's just the equivalent of the Pokemon series making the cute little critters "fainting" instead of being murdered by giant lightning bolts and the such. If anything, the trophy/death sentence reduces the creepiness of the series, ensuring us that it's not really all that violent of a place since the consequence is just being turned back into a trophy to wait for later battles.

Blackadder

Smash Master
What are we on about?
The rules thing?
I think Mario brought Kirby back to "life" after the fight, and that counts as breaking the rules. MeatKnight may be trying to come and warn them of there mistake. And now..well..bad **** is gonna go doooown.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'm just throwing this out there. Maybe the darkness is chasing Metaknight's ship, and he's running from it.

But does anyone see a different face on the top left of the cloud picture than the one someone posted before me? I cant really explain it, but it looks like it has a large eye, and it's sneering.

BigRick

Smash Master
I think the whole "turned back into a trophy" thing is really them just clarifying that nobody gets killed in our games of Smash Bros. It's just the equivalent of the Pokemon series making the cute little critters "fainting" instead of being murdered by giant lightning bolts and the such. If anything, the trophy/death sentence reduces the creepiness of the series, ensuring us that it's not really all that violent of a place since the consequence is just being turned back into a trophy to wait for later battles.
^^thank you very much.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
In Unirally, none of the uniracers had reasons to break free, yet racing was all they were allowed to do. Oh, and to do stunts.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Thats like at the beginning of Melee, if you may recall, I think it is just showy and now they have just been showign what the point of the trophies were. This was never answered in the last game other then collecting them.

Top Bottom