• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
in the first railer, with the part that introduced Meta-knight and Pit for the first time, but do you guys think that that would be the one of the stages for the final battle or something?

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
Shut up, I forgot!

...I'm 18, if you must know.
:laugh:

I don't know if this has been said (I didn't feel like reading through a hundred pages) but in the screenshot of Samus, I think that pig-like ship shooting at her is related to Ganondorf. This makes me think that all of the villains (Ganondorf, Metaknight, Bowser, etc.) will come together, similar to the plot in Kingdom Hearts...Though the problem will be what happens when you pick a villain?

Fawriel

Smash Master
^^^^

Ganondorf isn't exactly known for his science-fiction-like war-machinery.
Or do you mean that he'll actually gain highly scientific knowledge from futuristic baddies like Ridley? Hmmm.
The theory that the thing is related to Mother 3 and its pig army seems a lot more plausible, though.

When you pick a villain, well... I assume you play anti-hero and thwart whatever even greater evil there is.
On the other hand, I think there is already a greater evil in the first place...

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Since we know they are trophies, do you guys think it's a kid still using his imagination? Another dimension? Or is like Toy Story where the toys are alive?

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
ok, so what do you guys think of the subspace now that we know (vaguely) what we'll be up against.

and who'd think Petey Pirahna would be a bad guy? my word, he's huge!

Repryx

Smash Champion
Shut up, I forgot!

...I'm 18, if you must know.
Lolz We All do It was worse when I forgot how to spell My middle name *I never use it y'know?* Like 3 yrs ago

long*

You don't capitalize in the middle of a sentence.

How old are we?

He had a "?" in there to ask. Wasn't necessary to behave like that.
I'l Be 17 in Sept. The reason I do that is Im alot more movement happy since I started smashing now give me $17 for my B-day!!!!!

sceptilian

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Petey would be an Assist Trophy. It appears as if he plays an important role in the storyline. Also, that shows that he might be a boss, but it still is possible for him to be playable.

Evil carnivorous Mario-hating plants FTW!!

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Petey = too big for playable. Boss at most. Henchman likely.
I understand why Snake is coming into the game. They're fighting against a common enemy.

Level 9

Smash Apprentice
[rant] ****... It's times like this I REALLY wish I still had my computer...

Though I really don't get why a lot of Nintendos online content just can't seem to work on my Wii's web browser...

Oh well... I at least seem to have gotten the gust of it without the flash vid... [/rant]

Well this looks to be one of the better updates IMO... I got a kick out of seeing R.O.B. being put to use as part of a weapon of mass destruction... LOL

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
That. Was. Good.'

I LOVE this part: "Everyone, everywhere, is beginning to move against it."

EPIC GOOD.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Wtf? How is Petey a boss in every fugging game now? I bet he's a boss in Halo 3 and Grand Theft Auto 4 too. He'll probably even be a boss in Guitar Hero 3.

Nethervoid

Smash Rookie
I have to say that this is one of my favorite updates for the week.

The way Mario was wtf*smack* just made my day and its only 8:06 AM where I am.

I do hope that Piranha is playable despite the fact that he/she? may be a
giant in the game but if Mr. Sakurai can make Giant Bowser a final smash than I
think there can be a slim chance of Piranha being implemented into gameplay.

Be it a assist trophy or maybe a playable character.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Umm, somehow i doubt a giant plant 5 times the size of all the other characters in the game will be playable...:ohwell:

Revven

FrankerZ
I think he will be playable. I don't see why not, Petey has been playable in almost every Mario spin-off since Sunshine came out and he was pretty big in those games. I don't know why there has to be a size limit for characters for Brawl, that's just stupidly silly to think "LULZ HE IZ TU BG" ... it's not logical. It's Sakurai's game, if he wants to put Petey in as a playable character with the same size as shown in the CG movie then he can, there are no rules for what characters get in. They're only made up by fans, Sakurai never stated that size mattered.

It's just silly to think he shouldn't be playable just because of his size. We have Giga freaking Bowser as a Final Smash you'd think if Sakurai cared about size he wouldn't have made that a Final Smash for Bowser. -_-;

etrain911

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said there would be characters connected to other character's pasts mario's just happens to involve a venus flytrap on steroids.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
From the looks of it, looks like various battles will be against time and actually have a 'point' of being against time. (If you lose, the bomb explodes or that's at least what I think)
Yeah Petey looks more like a boss character to me as well... He's not important enough to make for a playable char. (not to mention his size) But he always makes for a great boss.
This probably means we'll be seeing bosses from various other game series as well.
Whispy Woods or Kracko perhaps? Kraid or Ridley? Dark Link? Pigma or Andrew? Possibilities are endless!
Also, anyone else think the flow of the story might change slightly depending on which character you pick to play as?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Falco400
I don't see why not, Petey has been playable in almost every Mario spin-off since Sunshine came out and he was pretty big in those games.
This isn't a Mario spin off.

Falco400
I don't know why there has to be a size limit for characters for Brawl, that's just stupidly silly to think "LULZ HE IZ TU BG" ... it's not logical.
If a character's head alone is bigger then everyone else in the game, odds are he's too big.

Falco400
It's Sakurai's game, if he wants to put Petey in as a playable character with the same size as shown in the CG movie then he can, there are no rules for what characters get in. They're only made up by fans, Sakurai never stated that size mattered.
No one said that there's rules, but there is common sense. Petey Pirahna is way smaller then that in Mario Strikers, and every other game that he's playable in. If they wanted him to be a playable character they would have made him his smaller size. Every game he's ever appeared in as a giant he's been a boss.

Falco400
We have Giga freaking Bowser as a Final Smash you'd think if Sakurai cared about size he wouldn't have made that a Final Smash for Bowser. -_-;
Why would they make a regular character who's as big(maybe even bigger) then Bowser's final smash?

oxyborb
or the fact that Sakurai can shirnk him down! DUH!
They already showed what he looks like in Brawl, and he's a giant.

Revcube_64
Size isn't stopping people wanting Captain Olimar, despite the fact he's about 5 inches tall.
They can re-size him. I know they could have done that with Petey too, but it doesn't matter what they could have done because they already showed him and he's a giant.

Sadek

Smash Rookie
Ummmm, wasn't it fmv? We have no idea what the playable character model will look like... Maybe some plot device will be used to make him that big: under the control of Subspace he gets supersized and then defeated he shrinks down (and probably playable)?

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Man, I didn't realize Petey Piranha had "that" many fanboys. O.o
Maybe he "is" more popular than I thought.
Still, he's probably a boss and I can be happy with that.
I'm a big fan of the Kirby series so I could be all like "omgwtflolbbq Whispy Woods for brawl!"
Yet, we all know, that won't happen. Even though, WW is a very popular boss character as well...
See where I'm going?

Top Bottom