• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Desruprot

Smash Lord
the Subspace could be, I think found in the FD Stage in SSBM, but that is depatable...Also to note a simularity, the FD is at one point where the background of FD is like the background of the stadium (but with clouds). Well coincidering its called Adventure Mode, I would say it is one character going a long way, maybe with custom enemies according to the character. But by the last Adventure Mode, this is how I made this guess...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
A little off topic... but anyone else find it funny that Peach was shown and not confirmed on the site yet?
Somewhat, but that's happened with almost all of the characters so far anyway.

Donkey Kong, Mario, Pikachu, Link, Kirby, Wario, Pit, Samus, and Fox (I think), were all seen in trailers before their profile was put on the site. And Metaknight and Snake still aren't up there.

Admittedly, Mario, Pikachu, Link, Kirby, Wario, Pit, and Samus were all in the very first trailer, so there wasn't really any way around it. But my point remains.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
okay, here is my idea

theory one:
REVOLUTION THEORY

simply put, Mario and Kirby shake hands after or before the fight, or Mario's touching of Kirby's trophie which revived him somehow broke the rules. the entrance of the Halberd and the new enemies could be to deal with the rule breakers, and enter in a sort of dictator ship, in which the Smashers fight back for their freedom, most probably resulting in a climatic battle with Master and/or Crazy Hand.

Theory two:
JUSTICE THEORY

instead of Mario and/or Kirby, or any other Smasher breaking the rules, the entrance of the Halberd was the universal rule breaker. by letting loose a plague on the world, it is up to the Smashers to cleanse the world from said plague before it gets out of hand and too much to control. this will most likley end with a battle against the new foe, and maybe some cinematic footage of the Hands helping the Smashers.

Theory three:
MANIACAL THEORY

as Dynamism puts it, Master Hand is behind the whole thing. Either mentally convinced that the Smashers were breaking the rules, or desperate for an excuse to get rid of them, he steals Meta-knights ship to transport his army of minions to the stadium, to take out the biggest threat in smash bros: Mario (for canon reasons, of course. the character to prove the biggest threat, gameplay wise could be Fox or something)

anyway, those are my three theories of storylines, they may be horribly wrong, but at least I gave it a shot

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
Diablos, I REALLY like your second theory. The idea of the antagonist helping out the hero to defeat a greater evil has always appealed to me....

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
thanks. I'm kind of a fan of the second one in a way too, mainly because of the fanon product, Smash Mansion.

for those who don't know, fan fiction writters on a few sites have gotten into the idea that the smashers all live together in a large mansion run by the hands. if you go to this link, you'll get a good idea on what I mean.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2647937/1/

(other stereotypes include Captain Falcon being and idiot and Mewtwo being manipulative)

anyway, back on topic. if I had to pick one out of the three, I'd pick the first one. the idea of revolution in smash world, given the current circumstances really appeals to me

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I believe in your 1st theory but a little different....

The sub space is well... where all of the smash bros universe is controlled so as such if someone breaks the rules they deal with it but their employees (Or something) are the bad guys and as such they go out to deal with everyone.

Something like that (Bad wording though).

Wreked

Smash Lord
Whyt, I have a similar theory to your first one mine is....

Mario just beat kirby in a battle and for some reason kirby fell from the sky. Instead of having kirby stay a trophy forever, mario revives him. Kirby then shakes Mario hands thanking him for being a good person. The rule breaking was Mario reviving kirby after beating him and then shaking his hand. And then the halberd comes, they all fight evil, you know the rest.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'm starting to think you can use what characters you want for Subspace Emissary. I find it odd that Zelda is there and Link is not around so i just came up with this idea. That's just my guess.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
I had a big post explaining it, but it died.

You guys are all WRONG! =P

Wreked

Smash Lord
I'm starting to think you can use what characters you want for Subspace Emissary. I find it odd that Zelda is there and Link is not around so i just came up with this idea. That's just my guess.
You mean you pick the group or just individual characters. If you could pick the group that would be cool. Like say you want to play as Wario. He would replace Mario in the video. You now pick three other characters. The second one you pick would replace Kirby, say Fox. The Bowser and Pikachu would replace Zelda and Peach as the ones in the audience. During the subspace you continually switch off between these four characters, but the order you pick them. Wario, Fox, Boswer, Pikachu, the more you play that character throughout the story. So you play Wario the most, and Pikachu the least. So instead of having to play a character that you hate, say Mario, then you could pick four that you enjoy and probaly main.(I'm sure a lot of people will have atleast a top four.)

Tbacksha

Smash Apprentice
The rules aren’t necessarily a trap, many a stories could be made to focus around them in some way.
It appears that they all fight for glory and honorably by the rules.
The rule, or one rule is stated that the defeated turns into a trophy. Perhaps this Mr.??? is not an enforcer of rules but the breaker, not turning into a trophy means he can’t loose, not loosing means he is very powerful and also with the black clouds and using an army to attack Mario ext… leads him to be a powerful evil dude.
That’s a standard plot to stop evil boss dude threatening there simply fighting life.
And each character plays through the plot from there perspective until the unique endings.
Blah, that’s the best I could come up with please poke holes in this story and tell me where they are.

BTW this game being non-cannon it’s a bit weird to ask but do you think some ending will be cannon (Mario’s Links) and some non-cannon (Warios) for this non-cannon game, like maybe the ‘joke’ characters ending.

Royboy

Smash Apprentice
i think that being turned back to a trophy is like death, but in the sense of "losing a life". Imo Mario and Kirby are "playing" a 1-stock match, so kirby must revive, otherwise there will be no more battles. the crowd applaude because the battle is over. so I think that the subspace emissary is breaking the rules. maybe the subspace is where Master and Crazy hand come , the "real world". maybe the child has growed and want to destroy the smash world, like we throw away old toys. But this is just an idea...

Croco

Smash Lord
The whole "This World" as in it's a entire world.. and "Emissary" which is about a flow of something stagnant. So it's like a connection worlds.. "Subspace" which means worlds in worlds split into pieces.

The only logical theory I can come up with is that all the bad guys are going up against the good guys.
It's basically like a Nintendo version of Kingdom Hearts or a Rip-off.. that is unless Sora is a character.. which I wouldn't be surprised if he was due to his popularity. It's not that I want that to happen.. >_< Though I wouldn't mind it at all.

Anyway.. this is my theory.. and I'm not saying it is Kingdom Hearts.. I'm saying it's possible it might be the same type of plot but a different cast of characters.

1. THE WORLDS
*Kingdom Hearts- Sora travels to different worlds connecting them.. and opening new gateways. Some worlds connect to other worlds.. and some worlds can only be accessed by opening up and unlocking another world.
*SSBB- The subspace worlds are obviously connected (Emissary) and the characters are traveling to and from them. It's like a sewer system and they are finding forgotten areas deeper and deeper in the sewers. So they are discovering new worlds over time.. and maybe this time forgotten subspaces are discovered to get help to battle the evil. Maybe some worlds are discovered by mistake? Maybe characters like the Palutena the Goddess of Light knows a way to get to these other worlds.

2. THE PLOT
*Kingdom Hearts-The worlds were taken over by the heartless because the Disney villains teamed up. Malificant was the head leader of the villains. Because of this.. the worlds had to pay a price and those part of these worlds started turning into the heartless and eventually the worlds were destroyed or broken into pieces. Sora had to connect these pieces back together with help from characters from those worlds. Anyone who has played KH, try to remember that each world has different rules which when they were broken it broke the world into pieces. The bosses were themed.. etc. puzzles.. etc. and fixing the broken rules pulled the world back together.
*SSBB-The world will pay a price if someone breaks the rules.. I don't believe it's Mario and Kirby.. because that doesn't explain Zelda and Peach helping them. Mario and Kirby are shaking hands either before or after a match.. it only looks like good sportsmanship. I don't believe shaking hands and saying "Are you ready?" or "That was a great match" is breaking the rules. So I believe the villains are teaming up with each other.. and causing a imbalance of good and evil which could shatter the world into pieces. The shattering of the world is the price. Meta Knight is probably the leader.. he is like anarchist and doesn't believe in order. I can really see him teaming up with Bowser and others.. and of course later there will be control/power issues between them all. Though it's possible that Medusa the Goddess of Darkness might be the leader.. It makes sense.. because she IS the GODDESS OF DARKNESS.

3.THE HEARTLESS/DARKNESS ARMY-
*Kingdom Hearts- The heartless are HEARTLESS.. they are all about evil. They have souls but are evil souls. They are darkness.. just look at them. They are shadows that come in different forms and sometimes even are themed to the world they are inhabiting. The heartless normally have a red heartless symbol someplace on their body.. most of the time it's the centered on chest area.
*SSBB-Meta Knight's ship drops this mist of dark matter into the arena. Then these dark shadow creatures emerge from this darkness.. These robot looking creatures look stagnant.. and evil. Notice that they have the "Subspace Emissary" icon on their chest.. but it is red.

inside

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but it can't be more complicated than the kingdom hearts story, I mean there were twists and plots and characters that twisted the story some more, but I get what you're trying to say, and it does seem that way.

Croco

Smash Lord
Yeah but it can't be more complicated than the kingdom hearts story, I mean there were twists and plots and characters that twisted the story some more, but I get what you're trying to say, and it does seem that way.
Yeah it probably will be more simple.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Well, from what I can figure out, the final boss of this mode is LIKELY a new epic villian who may or may not have joined forces with the Nintendo villians, and we will likely have an epic cameo shot of dang near every Nintendo character fighting the minions right before the fighter or fighters you've chosen fight the final boss. That's how game crossovers with plot WORK!

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Just to let everyone know that my theory of a rough story isn't something i'm adamant about, nor will i be dissapointed if the story isn't like that, it's just the way i interpreted the posts.

I don't see why you keep insisting that the whole thing about the rules is a red herring, though. Firstly, i don't really understand why Sakurai would post something which stresses about the rules when it's got nothing to do with the game. To throw people off? To me, that makes no sense. You're basically stating your opinion that it's a red herring like it's fact, when it's not fact, even though we will find out in due time whether or not it is.

The only other thing i want to say something about is the fact that you think they wouldn't give away who did the 'bad thing' in the beginning, which started off the chain of events. Sure, it is a standard story technique to do that at the end, but why not do it at the beginning? It's the Brawl creative team's story, so why can't they do what they want.

Again, to me, 'This World' seems in essence, like a bad place. The people know nothing but fighting. The bad thing doesn't have to happen, because it's already happening. Characters fighting against one another. Those are, like the old update said, the rules (even though you insist it's a red herring). Because they're sick of fighting, they break the rules. Peach and Zelda aren't fighting, but they're not breaking the rules because they're not supposed to be fighting. Mario and Kirby are the ones in the arena (i know the princesses are, but they're on the sidelines). Sooooo, when Mario and Kirby decide to go against the rules, they incur the 'terrible price', etc etc.

And to whoever said about a vs match, that doesn't count, because each individual multiplayer match wouldn't be classed as part of the story.

I think that's why Sakurai worded the update as he did, to create ambiguity. People will interpret it all over the place. This is my interpretation. I'm not wrong until more updates, or the release of the game proves so, and neither is anyone else.

EDIT - The reason i believe that Mario and Kirby breaks the rules is because the first update just hinted at that to me. I don't care how it was laid out. In the update it says about when somene breaks these rules as the Halberd is entering the arena. Naturally that'll make some people think that Metaknight is breaking the rules. I think that Mario and Kirby are because of the emphasis of the rules being to fight.

The second reason i think so is because in the video, they shake, and then everything goes all evil. Everything going all evil and the arena filling with bad guys seems terrible to me.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I'm not that hyped on Master Hand being much of a villain. But that might be because I prefer the fanon product of Smash Mansion. but anyway, I'm sticking to my three theories as it covers the three most obvious possibilities.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
We are all still jumping to the conclusion the rules have already been broken at the start of the game.

What if the ultimate goal isn't to save the world from total ****ation, but to prevent the world from being doomed at the first place? What if the smashers want to prevent the rules to be broken, to sustain their own reality?

What if the smashers themselves are the subspace emissaries? Will the entire game be played solely in "this world"? Couldn't it be that the world of the smashers in fact is a subspace, a place inside another place?

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Again, like i said, you can't jump to a conclusion with this because the updates are so ambiguous. We can only interpret them in our own ways.

I've said why i think the rules have already been broken and why it's Mario and Kirby who do them. I do really like what you just said in your post, too. It fits in with what i think about all the smash characters banding together against a common enemy.

The exciting part is finding out what the story actually is.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
No, the exciting part is where we finally get to play the game.

Seriously, the moment I hold the dvd case in my hand, no, the moment I see the cover of it, I will most definitely crap my pants.

As a matter of speaking of course.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Anyone else glad that in this update he mentioned the competitive-ness of the multiplayer.

I know it means next to nothing, but it makes me a little less worried of how much he knows.

And about the update.. I am glad that there is something to watch/enjoy while i have to beat it with every character.

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
The Subspace Emissary

The Nintendo War

The victor felt none of his usual emptiness as he lifted his opponent’s lifeless form. This time something stirred within him, unpleasant and halting. As the crowd cheered, he stood still, lost what humans might unwittingly call a daydream. Faces of those he felt he should know curled before him in a wide vortex. They were memories belonging to the one he represented. He had been an adventurer, a workman, a referee, a friend, a husband. He now knew the name, his own name: Mario.

As if his feelings commanded it, the cruel metal of the trophy gave way, and Mario’s pink puffball of an opponent sprang to his feet with a look of confusion.

“Kirby!” said Mario. “What happened? How are you back?”
For a moment Kirby looked shocked at hearing his own name. He replied, “M-Mario… I don’t understand. I remember you.”
“And I you. Something’s been a changed.”
All the while the crowd had not stopped cheering, nor could they; their purpose was to cheer. Kirby’s reappearance only made them louder. Mario and Kirby waved at them and fans rose to their feet, excited to be acknowledged.

Cheers turned to frightened screams as a shadow draped over Nintendo Stadium and the sky roared; turning blood red as if the long pointed ship which now emerged from the clouds had pierced it. A strange purple mist fell from the ship, raining in clumps all over the battlefield. Kirby gasped. Fans began to panic and rush the exits.

“I know what that is, Mario,” said Kirby. “That’s Metaknight’s ship, the Halberg.”

“Good. Now, do you a know what those are?” Mario tapped Kirby, urging him to look at the mass of creatures now watching them. Kirby looked away from the ship toward the legion of toy-like machinations stiffly approaching them. Their eyes were glossy and empty. They wore brown gloves and had red antennas in their heads.

“No, can’t say that I do…”

“Surrender to the Trespasser,” said a robotic voice.

There was slight whoosh. Mario turned around as saw that Zelda and Peach had joined them.

“Mind if we crash?” asked Peach.
“No, not at all,” said Mario. “Actually, I think athe party’s just about to start.”

“Surrender to the Trespasser.” The robot pulled out a helmet with a red antenna similar to the one that was on its own head. It started toward Mario. “Put it on and you will understand. You must understand. You must surrender to the Trespasser.”

“No, I’m a good, thanks. Already got a hat.”

“Physical persuasion program…initiating.”

“Uh, oh,” said Kirby.

The robot flew toward Mario, gloved fists menacingly outstretched. Mario sprang aside and let fly a volley of fireballs. The robot was engulfed, but it persisted. Kirby dropped down on it from above with his rock fall, smashing the robot to pieces. More of them came. Zelda exploded her Din’s fire in the midst of them. Peach was throwing her giant turnips rapidly. Flaming and destroyed metal arched into the sky and fell. Still more came. A fireball hit Kirby, seemingly from the mob.

“Watch it, Mario!”
“That wasn’t me!”

Fire exploded right in his face. Mario fell, reeling from the pain and clutching at his eyes. Through his blurred vision he saw Kirby rise up with his cutter and come down. The blade wave cut a swathe right through the robots. Moments later, it came back, hitting Zelda from behind.

“They’re a copying us!” cried Mario, still dazed, but now getting up.
“You think?” said Zelda, examining her frayed dress. The four of them were pressed back to back. Mario was caping furiously and Zelda had her Nayru shield, but the assault was becoming too much. The rapidly increasing robots formed a darkening waved that threatened to drown them all.

Just then a blue light appeared beneath them and they fell spinning through a blue tunnel. It was as soon as it began. They lay on soft grass outside what looked to be a large warehouse.

“Ugh…what happened?” asked Kirby, stretching his nubbly limbs.
“You narrowly escaped severe injury and capture thanks to Mewtwo here.”
“Metaknight!” Kirby leapt to his feet. “You have some nerve showing yourself right after you turned your goons on us.”
“Thank you will do,” said Metaknight.
“Meta didn’t send them,” said Mewtwo, his voice echoing in every mind.
“Then who is?” asked Zelda, looking as incredulous as Kirby, and clearly unnerved by Mewtwo’s appearance.

“The Trespasser, a master of subspace,” said Metaknight. “He is making a desperate bid to seize control of our world by flooding it with his followers, with the help of miscreants from this and other subspaces. Our world is Overworld, the region in which all subspaces are contained. However, he has managed to expand his subspaces almost enough to overwrite this world. He has sent four emissaries to engage the resistances of this world. Three to deal with the Masters, one to deal with the…heroes.”

“You’re the fourth,” said Mario.
“Very good. However, I was the fourth. Not anymore. That’s not to say I was ever under his command. I wasn’t. I accepted the position only to be able to moderate what happened here. Unfortunately, he mistrusted me and attempted to place me under mind control. I escaped and now and King Dedede now holds my former position…and my ship. ”
“You’re expecting us to buy this?” Kirby snarled.
“Buy? I am selling nothing! I offer only hope!”
“Who are the other three?” asked Zelda, swiftly diffusing the conflict.
Metaknight looked troubled at this. “I don’t know them. They each come from a different subspace. A tall man, a metal man with one hand, and a blue creature of great speed. They have been fooled into believing you are the enemies, that you threaten their worlds. We will need all the others to defeat them…even the pokemon. The Trespasser must be stopped before he acquires more emissaries. Already his legions are formidable…you’ve seen their powers. And he has made allies of your enemies and their legions as well.”
“Bowser?” said Mario.
“Boswer, his son Ludwig Von, Ganondorf, Eggplant Wizard, King Hippo, King Dedede, and Ridley.”

Mario sighed. “We’ll need a help, lots of it. I have a to get in touch with my brother.”

“No need,” said Metaknight, his voice suggested he might he grinning underneath his mask.

“What?”

“You’ll see,” and Metaknight opened the door.

The room was literally filled to the brim with familiar faces. Excite Biker and the paperboy were deep in conversation. Link, Pit, and bunch of other swordsmen were off to another side, comparing weapons and gear. Popo and Nana were playing tag with Lolo, Lala, and Diddy. Fox and company were hanging with the F-Zero crowd. Ness and his folk sat there, quietly watching. There were hockey players and wrestlers, random thugs and robots, beasts and beauties, animals and humans, and everything in between. Now and then there would be a pop followed by a balloon fighter shouting at someone, usually a pokemon.

Mario could hardly take it all in. It seemed everyone was here.

“They’ve all come a long way, though different perils to get here, Mario,” said Metaknight. “For some reason it was easier to get them to come when I told them you were involved.”

Everywhere Mario looked someone was watching him, some awed, with others it was hard to tell what they were thinking. All of them were clearly expecting him to do something. For a while he sat quietly with Peach in the corner, saying nothing, his head buried in his lap. Eventually Luigi came over.

“Maahrio, you have to a say something. They need you, my brother.”
Peach’s soft hand on his back gave him enough strength to stand up and stride to the front of the room. Dead silence. He took a deep breath.

“Wooo Mario, you rule!” someone said. There was a bit of laughter after this.

“Listen,” he said. “Metaknight has a brought you all a here. He put himself a in danger to make this a happen.” I am a very flattered that many of you a are willing to listen to me, but I am a simple a man. There are many people here a more capable that I. I’m just a plumber.”

Little Mac stood up, looking strong and ready to fight. “Yeah, and I’m just a runt,” he said, “and Kirby’s just a cream puff, and Pikachu’s just a rat, and Mewtwo is just…well, I dunno what he is. Point is we all beat the odds in the past, we all proved someone wrong. How many worlds are you gonna run across ‘fore you start to see what all of us here see in you? When’re you gonna realize you’re worth following? I’d go to the end with you, man.”

“As would I,” said Link, a hero of great reputation himself.
“And I,” said Pit, and he stood.
“A-rooooo!” exclaimed Donkey Kong, standing and nodding vigorously.

Mario’s nose turned deep red, and he looked down.

Soon the entire mob was on its feet, the air thick with words of encouragement. Everyone was standing except Wario, who became suddenly very conspicuous and all eyes fell on him.

“Well I ain’t getting up,” he said, “but I am SO in on this, pal!”
The cheers and laughter deafened.
“Great…” said Mario, rolling his eyes.

“Then it’s settled,” said Metaknight, effortlessly gathering the attention of all. “Mario will choose the team to take on the Trespasser directly in his domain. Choose wisely.”

Mario chose Luigi, Peach (because she insisted), Samus, Link, Pit, Zelda, Fox, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Mike Jones, Pikachu, Lucario, Mewtwo, Ness, B.F. (balloon fighter), Yoshi, Wario(chose himself), Mew, Marth, and finally, Little Mac.

Metaknight immediately drew Mario aside. “Why him?” he asked, jerking his head toward Mac. “There are others more…versatile left to choose from.”

“His heart more than makes up for it. Now if you’ll excuse me…” Mario turned and faced the crowd, and everyone at once fell silent. Peach came behind him and took his hand. “You all know what the Mimicks can do,” said Mario, “but you will also be faced with many minions, some you recognize, some you don’t. Most of them aren’t very strong, as you know, but don’t take any of them lightly, and don’t get careless. Once you are able to recover the Halberg you can use it as transport to areas infested with Mimicks and other minions. Who will command?”

Six stepped forward. Ike, Doc Louis, Toad, Krystal, Mr. Game and Watch, and R.O.B, who rolled.
“Doc, no! You’re--”
Doc Louis looked into Mac’s pleading eyes. “I’m what?” He held the stare.
Little Mac relented. “You’re the man.”
R.O.B gyrated happily and G.W made excited beeping noises. Everyone would be afraid soon, but for now a blissful exhilaration filled the room.
More cheers.

Metaknight waved them all down. “Mewtwo has prepared the portal. It will take you to Nintendo Stadium where the Halberg is currently grounded. Take care of my ship or I will take care of you later.”

Mewtwo moved his hands in a circular motion and a whirling blue vortex appeared as tall as the wall itself. There was much shaking of hands and hugging as the army passed through the portal into the unknown.

“What if they need to get back?” asked Mario.
“Alakazam and some of those psychic kids are with them,” said Metaknight. “Getting back is the least of their problems.”

Mewtwo then created another portal. “This one,” he said, “leads to The Crux, the central land between Overland and all subspaces. There the Masters are being held under a potent guard. A there you will meet the trespasser. It was I who awakened all of your memories, but by now you must know that you are only a shadow of the owner of those memories. Succeed for the ones you represent, and maybe your memories will become theirs as well.”

“Mew will stay behind to maintain the portal,” said Metaknight. “Just in case …something happens to out psychics.”

And with that the final twenty-three filed into the portal, and no one looked back as it closed behind them.

Plomid

Smash Ace
ok now for a rather importand question
will the unlockable characters be included in the Subspace Emissary?
and even further will the 3rdparty character/s be included as well??
if sonic shows up will he and mario be friends or enemies?
this is gonna keep me up tonight.
and maybe a few nights more.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Wow Xaron just wow. That is one of the most elaborate and well thought out story prediction I have seen. It's perfect for the third party characters to be the villans. The only problem with your story is that it shows most of the roster before you unlock them. It would work if Mario chose the starting roster, then as you unlock another characte you unlock another part of subspace. And the story really shouldn't mention the third party characters, that is a huge spoiler. What would work is just saying is the not from this world and they're completly new, or something along those line.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Nice story detail and story itself, make a book on this cause they can't put that into words much better ****it
jk
I hope Master Hand is the Master of the Masters lol
mastermastermastermaster

I'm thinking Meta Knight saves Mario and all but Mario should be the Master and not know it.....They set out to "save" the other masters (Sonic, Snake, Megaman) because the Master has come to destroy Mario and now will go after the others. That would solve the enemies or not thing too

SnoBoarder

Smash Rookie
Wow. I never post but that story was so well thought out that i had to add my two cents in. You should seriously think about writing for a living if you haven't already thought of it, Xaron.

But back to the topic, i had another idea in which could be implemented to this kind of mode: 4-player co-op. Seems like a possibility that they would take up, and i would definitely play it. I was a huge fan of those X-men arcades in Chuck e Cheeses where you could fight aside with 7 other friends. It would be a great addition to an already awesome game.

Again, great work Xaron Fisk; I usually never read long posts, but that was worth reading

FerreTrip

Smash Cadet
Maaaaan...Subspace Emissary...Dude, I am SO looking forward to this! I'm a single-player person since I'm lonely, and this looks spectacular. I fantasized awhile back about a character-specific story mode with unique cutscenes, and was elated my dreams came true w/this. :) And this really looks like it's pointing to more 3rd-party char.s, as well as, with the way it looks, a possible nod to the KH games. I mean, honestly, if you're a KH fan, TELL me you've not wondered what KH + video games could be like. SSB is perfect for a KH-worlds-in-chaos scenario.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
great writting Xaron. very well done.

Also, I was thinking (which is rather rare for me), when you first get the game, what are ou gonna do first with it? go on this, or do something else? For me, before I rush into the adventure mode, like I did with the previous game, I'm gonna check out the features and have a quick brawl, just so I can get used to the controls. then I'll begin the awesomely epic adventure which is to be subspace.

what about you guys?

Top Bottom