• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Lawl.

Poor Luigi, forever destined to always < Mario.
Not in my mind. XD

Anyways, me and my overanalyzing... I hope that didn't actually de-confirm Luigi... but really I think I overanalyzed it like nothing else. Link and Yoshi aren't together only because they're green... I hope.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
i don't know why you compare the game with Kingdom Hearts.

KH is actually based off of LOZ, the idea of Kingdom Hearts sounds almost like the Triforce, a golden land sought out by an evil sorceror of some sort?. And within the golden land lies an ancient power?. Yep, sounds like LOZ to me, but LOZ is much cooler, darker, and more fun. :)

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I'd wager that this is the moment Pit receives his bow from Palutena.
that would be a pain, having to earn weapons and attacks throughout the game (unless this would take place during a cross scene during the beginning of it which would make a little more sense)

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
^^ I'm thinking it's probably the beginning of Pit's storyline. It really depends on whether each character has an individual story or not. It's possible that there's only one way to play through The Subspace Emissary and the characters will change as the story progresses. Either way, I doubt we'll be playing as Pit without his bow.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice

Similar to the pic where Pit might be getting his bow, here we see Samus in-flight, preparing to suit up for the fight? I'd wager that most of the pictures are from the initial cutscenes in the new story (except for the pics where they are actually fighting).

Yoshi and Link suddenly being attacked from above?

Fox unexpectedly ambushed?

MK's ship also seems to be the deliverer of the "subspace emissary" dudes... why would he be working with them? My guess is that all evil characters will be collaborating against the good ones. At least, that's what I hope, because that would make for awesome side-scrolling action as you visited each character's home world!

M.K

Level 55
Can anyone explain to me why Link and Yoshi are teamed together in this mode? I mean, if Kirby/Mario/Zelda/Peach are all together in said stadium, the WTF is Yoshi and Link doing in the middle of nowhere?

Green team? In which case, where the hell is Luigi?
OBVIOUSLY, Link mistook Yoshi as a prostitute, brought him along, and all the little minion people are the police, trying to get Yoshi back to the slammer for doing "Eggz" and Grand Theft Baby-Hauling.

Green's just a color, baby.

Frogla

Smash Ace

Similar to the pic where Pit might be getting his bow, here we see Samus in-flight, preparing to suit up for the fight? I'd wager that most of the pictures are from the initial cutscenes in the new story (except for the pics where they are actually fighting).

Yoshi and Link suddenly being attacked from above?

Fox unexpectedly ambushed?

MK's ship also seems to be the deliverer of the "subspace emissary" dudes... why would he be working with them? My guess is that all evil characters will be collaborating against the good ones. At least, that's what I hope, because that would make for awesome side-scrolling action as you visited each character's home world!
The Ship is moving away from them not toward them in Yoshi picture

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
This Subspace Emissary is great, just the way it's got storys now, it make it a lot better, the movies look sick too.

Zone

Smash Champion
The Ship is moving away from them not toward them in Yoshi picture
Good eye, also looks like Link and Yoshi *were* fighting cuz why else would link have his weapon out. Don't need to really pull your weapon out vs a giant ship.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
Good eye, also looks like Link and Yoshi *were* fighting cuz why else would link have his weapon out. Don't need to really pull your weapon out vs a giant ship.
That's true... but perhaps the ship is there in the first place because they have just stopped fighting. Or perhaps they are seeing the ship from a distance as it pulls over another fight? Whatever the case, I still want to know what world that is they are standing in.

Hyrule field, near Gerudo Desert? Or Arizona?

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I think that when the group are attacked at the stadium, the next match might have been Zelda vs Peach, but if they're trophies, how come they were de-trophied, and able to come to Mario and Kirby's aid? maybe they were spectating?

Zone

Smash Champion
That's true... but perhaps the ship is there in the first place because they have just stopped fighting. Or perhaps they are seeing the ship from a distance as it pulls over another fight? Whatever the case, I still want to know what world that is they are standing in.

Hyrule field, near Gerudo Desert? Or Arizona?
Yea, we could speculate scenarios all day. But when you said "That's true... but perhaps the ship is there in the first place because they just stopped fighting" The only point I was making was that they *were* fighting? so I dunno how that's a different scenario from what I said. If they were just seeing the ship from a distance from another fight then why have the weapons out? cuz they were fighting. Unless Yoshi+Link just beat all the minions and the ship retreated. They must've wooped some serious butt if they aren't tired or beaten looking at all.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
Depends on how far away, I guess! I'm sure they're noticing the halberd on the way to the stadium.

On a semi-related note, has anybody considered that their might be more than one adventure mode? The subtitle immediately made me think of Kirby Super Star, where you played multiple "chapter" games. Dynablade, Revenge of Metaknight, etc...

Think it's possible?

Wreked

Smash Lord
On the Link and Yoshi topic:

I think the were happily minding their business then the halberd drops the modeas and they fight them and follow the ship. Yoshi and and Link meet up in a valley for some random reason and they come to a cliff. They are unable to go on so they stay there and watch as the halberd goes on to the stadium where mario and kirby are waiting.

Frogla

Smash Ace
But that desert in links picture also lookes similar to the desert in the first trailer where wario appeared

Wreked

Smash Lord
Oh yeah that's true Frogla. With that in mind I think the desert may play an important role in the subspace emissary.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Me:
I think Kirby and Mario fight for the "royalties entertainment" sort of thing, then the black things come. Mario gets his *** kicked and he is captured along with the others. As the ship flies away with them inside, Zelda comunicates with Link through the triforce or something and he goes to save her but he needs help. She tells him Mario and Peach are there too and so Link goes to get Yoshi for help. He finds Yoshi but they are too late.
Mario: imprisoned
Peach and Zelda: escape and have to save Mario and Kirby
Kirby: Has to fight Meta Knight on the ship to his doom
Link and Yoshi: Travel following the ship
Along the way: Samus and Fox are imformed and come to help (Fox being shot at by Halberg)
Pit is on his own quest and Platuna tells him they're (Peach ect.) in danger and he later leaves to find them.
After Kirby fights Meta Knight, Meta Knight tells Kirby that the "dark magic guys" have taken over his ship and he's just playing along as a bad guy to find a way to stop them or find their plan.
At the end, Master hand has devised a plot to put an end to the SUPER SMASH BROS forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Kenny
Only one problem is, Mario is completely immune to getting his a** kicked. I'm sorry but he's just... too good...

Me:
ROFL
okay, he escapes too and meets with Link and Yoshi on the ground while he's fighting the remaining.....HOLY **** THAT'S IT

ok, the dark energy dudes just attack mario cause they're really after the royalty and Kirby (for Meta Knight) so they just fight Mario and stall him so he can't stop them all. While he's fighting, Yoshi and Link arrive and Mario tells them what happened. Mario and Link (make a great hero team) devise a plan to save them so they go their sepperate ways (together sometimes) to warn the other smash bros. They make it to Samus, Fox and Pit but....
BTW Yoshi is sent to track the ship.
Meanwhile: some of the other smash bros are attacked too, (Ike, DK, Bowsers catsle is invaded, Pickachu is caught LOL, ect.... are attacked
some escape.....some don't

I said this on the Latest Update thread but it fits here too

Wreked

Smash Lord
Wow i've never seen a better story line prediction for this. But I was hoping more for just the story unfolds around you. But you only play as one character.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
While i don't always agree with everything some people are saying, i do agree with what everyone is saying about all the characters being connected.

For example, it does look as if Link and Yoshi are watching on as the Halberd flies towards the stadium where Mario, Kirby, Zelda, and Peach are. It's just that they're simply too far away to do anything to help.

The screen of Mario looks as though it's set right after the movie we saw. He's even fighting off the new bad guys.

From what we've seen so far, Pit and Samus don't come into contact with the Halberd, so i'm really hoping that this is some sort of story where all the characters, like i said, are connected and have to join together to fight evil.

Perhaps Palutina gives Pit the bow so he can fight off the hordes of bad guys that have entered Angel Land, but he becomes more involved than helping save where he lives, and travels to eliminate the source of the evil, where he ends up meeting Mario, Link, etc.

And with the depth that they speak of, and character's backgrounds, i can seriously see a lot of reference to previous games. For example, Pit hasn't had to fight evil for a long time. His last game was 15 or so years ago, so his involvement could be his fist adventure since the last Kid Icarus game.

Or with Fox. I'm sure that the game will represent the Star Fox tam as it is (i'm not even sure of the stae of it, i haven't played Command yet).

I am puzzled by the fact that the Halberd is seemingly aiding the bad guys, coupled with the screens of Metaknight fighting off bad guys, and the fact that he is not evil, just a rival to Kirby. I've said in previous posts that while it would be cool if Bowser etc were involved in the attacks on characters, it'd be even cooler (IMO) if the bad guys threatened them too, and all the characters had to join forces to fight off this threat.

Very much looking forward to this.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
That would be cool!!!!!
Bowsers castle is attacked by the force so he counters and in Brawl! In single player! You actually got to fight along side a bunch of those minion guys!

It'd be cool if single player could have multi player possibilities too. Like if it's one person playing, you can be Mario, Kirby, Zelda or Peach and the rest are computers helping you, or....Four people be the four to fight the hundred energy things!

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
You what'd be interesting, is if that playing as different charactors gave you a different story, specific to that charactor, but all the stories tie in together.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
You what'd be interesting, is if that playing as different charactors gave you a different story, specific to that charactor, but all the stories tie in together.
I think you can play every characters story at once! Maybe you could have the option of playing only one characters roll though

we never see metaknight on the halberd whos can say maybe the evil puppet things havent stolen it?
Read the previous page

skullkidd

Smash Ace

The background is desertish, maybe that is the same one where Yoshi and Link were.

And Dynasium, great theory on the last page.

Also, I think it would be good if you have to be one player for a certain section, and then another player for the next, making adventure mode more versatile.

Edit: in case the question about that pic comes up again, it is agreed that they are indeed Kid Icarus enemies.

Wreked

Smash Lord

The background is desertish, maybe that is the same one where Yoshi and Link were.

And Dynasium, great theory on the last page.

Also, I think it would be good if you have to be one player for a certain section, and then another player for the next, making adventure mode more versatile.
You see the back of the desert, that looks a lot like this...

and the desert does look like the one in the E3 trailer where wario farts....

I think the desert is going to be something important.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't see anything deserty about the stadium screenshot. It just looks like regular green grass with mountains in the back ground.

Top Bottom