• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Re-posted since nobody even answered the question.
Anwsered a while back. I dop beleive it is, but the Pig Mask guys look a bit different. My best guess. Wait till they show an Earthbound course or Lucas.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
I just found it particular that a generic enemy would have such a distinct feature to it (the embodiment of a pig/swine) that is a niche for multiple game series (Ganon's boar forms, Pokey's pig army... I can't think of anything else off the top of my head).

Edit: And Wizpig from DK Racing.

It isn't completely... unthinkable that it's just another generic enemy, but you'd think they'd come up with something other than a pig for an opponent that would be so generic?

Edit: And now that I think of it, "The Masked Man" is the leader of the Pig Army in Mother 3 (those who know what I'm talking about, know, those who don't... well, it's directly related to Lucas)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Okay so here's my opinion on this:

I don't know what to say, the update was very interesting and it really wrapped up a great week of updates well.

I'm glad that Sakurai and his team are putting more effort into the single player mode. I don't have a lot of friends that play Smash, and if they do we do other things when we're together so it will be really neat to have a (hopefully) wonderful single player mode.

My personal opinion of it right now is that it looks really strange, especially the enemies. However this paragraph really intrigues me:

"The Adventure mode also emphasizes character development. You’ll see many famous characters persevering under the weight of their personal histories, shouldering their unique burdens... It’s really something you won’t see anywhere else."

It's like he's kind of creating a personal story for each of the characters if I'm reading it in the right context, which is awesome.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it at the moment with the limited amount of information, but I'm definitely excited about it.

Croco

Smash Lord
This is completely off-topic, but since Metaknight is shown beating up the same guys as the heroes, we should assume that he wasn't controlling his ship at the time in the trailer, right?
Meta Knight doesn't have to have control of his ship. He has a crew.. just like any other ship.
But it could be possible that he has teamed up with other villains.. It's sort of like how Kingdom Hearts played out when all the villains teamed up with each other to spread the heartless.

If anyone can tell, who the bejonkeys is Pit gaping at in this picture?
Palutena the Goddess of Light

JPW

Smash Ace
Adventure mode looks great and it looks like Peach could be semi confirmed.

It has so much depth this time.

I'm glad he finally cleared our heads on this.

Best week so far in my view. And to think it started off with Controversy on the whole DK Final Smash, then the pitfall, then IKE! Then FE CASTLE! THEN ADVENTURE MODE!

Repryx

Smash Champion
Its funny How they are gonna release it in DEC still making it the best game of 2007

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry if someone else said this, but I can't wade through 50+ pages of posts... BUT, is it just me or is this adventure mode basically going to be some kind of crazy Nintendo-only version of Kingdom Hearts? Which, mind you, is AWESOME. Like, Mario and Kirby need a spaceship, so they look for FOX, but then their ship crashes on METROID WORLD. And so on and so on and so on. *Fantastic.*

Plus QZOMG if it's like Kingdom Hearts.... SORA CONFIRMED?!?!?!!/1!?1/!? (no.)

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Finally we get some things answered, although we may still get more, this was the 2nd week since he updated a This World/Adventure Mode thing, He may go to classic soon...

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
I can see it going one of two ways. Either you pick Adventure Mode, and it begins. Every level or so it changes the character you play as and you run threw their world. OR, You pick your character, and run threw all the levels, fighting the Worlds characters, and then your specific boss at the end (Mario/Luigi-Giga Bowser, Link/Zelda-Pig Ganon and so on and so forth.) I'd hope for the latter.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be suprised if you have to fight mutant pokemon or something like that. But i'm sure it'll have to do with pokemon is someway, and mewtwo.
Did you say mutant pokemon?

It is confirmed...The Mutant Omastars are the one's who TURNED METAKNIGHT EVIL! (are you happy now "meta is not evil people" are you happy)

and the ONLY way for Mario & Kirby to overcome this choas.............IS TO POKEMON BATTLE THE OMASTARS!

Thus, Mario & Kirby actually have to go out and CAPTURE Pikachu & Mewtwo....

see......this story mode thing isn't that hard to figure out :psycho:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Did you say mutant pokemon?

It is confirmed...The Mutant Omastars are the one's who TURNED METAKNIGHT EVIL! (are you happy now "meta is not evil people" are you happy)

and the ONLY way for Mario & Kirby to overcome this choas.............IS TO POKEMON BATTLE THE OMASTARS!

Thus, Mario & Kirby actually have to go out and CAPTURE Pikachu & Mewtwo....

see......this story mode thing isn't that hard to figure out :psycho:
GASP!!!!!! HOW COULD WE HAVE NOT SEEN IT BEFORE!!!!????

EVERYONE, THIS MAN IS A GENIUS!!!!!!

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I think, (And by the look of some of the pics) that it's only telling one story, but from each characters point of view.

Slap me if that was obvious or something, it's 5 am here, so don't expect any Brain Blasts. (Which is going to be Mewtwo's Finale, btw)

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Since no one knows what the giant mountain goat is, is it safe to assume that it is an original character?

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I guess, but it looked like a DK enemy to me. I've never played Jungle Beat, but I heard the goat resembled them.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Those enemies MetaKnight is fighting look very familiar. I think I've seen them from Kid Icarus.

SWORDMASTER66

Smash Cadet
I now want this game even more, I think it will play something like this, so the very first level will probably be the stadium and we know there were 4 charaters, Mario, Kirby, Zelda, and Peach. You choose one and you complete the level, boss battle, then to the next stage and then you get a new set of charaters to choose from, unless there is only one charater, and so on. But that's just how I expect it to go.

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
No, I think you choose a character and start off where they first come in on the struggle. Then you go through all the levels your character partakes in and other characters that share that same level would show up as allies.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Whether the giant goat is from DK or WarioWorld, it's not very important in the respect that we have both characters already. It does however give a little insight to the storyline if we could determine which game. I for one would take the WarioWorld side, mostly because I think DK and his world would be more likely to be on Fox's side than Wario. (Fox is the one fighting/running from the giant goat)

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Can anyone explain to me why Link and Yoshi are teamed together in this mode? I mean, if Kirby/Mario/Zelda/Peach are all together in said stadium, the WTF is Yoshi and Link doing in the middle of nowhere?

Green team? In which case, where the hell is Luigi?

Croco

Smash Lord
Can anyone explain to me why Link and Yoshi are teamed together in this mode? I mean, if Kirby/Mario/Zelda/Peach are all together in said stadium, the WTF is Yoshi and Link doing in the middle of nowhere?

Green team? In which case, where the hell is Luigi?
Behind Yoshi? maybe?

Eh.. who knows.. we will find out later.

Top Bottom