• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Well, this is effing amazing.

So long as there is online multiplayer, that is.

If not, I'll be pissed they wasted their time on this.

Time wasted on a worthy one player mode? What are you smoking?

Press22

Smash Journeyman
Everyone wants online, think about it in a pro players aspect- We want online to ALWAYS have someone to play with not the gay computers that teach you how to play worse.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Everyone wants online, think about it in a pro players aspect- We want online to ALWAYS have someone to play with not the gay computers that teach you how to play worse.
I want online as much as the next person but still, I don't see how something so robust could be a waste of time.

And I disagree with computers making someone play worse, they helped me realize what combos can be interrupted by a nair and at what percentages. They make fine test dummies between that and on training mode with the AI set to Evade.

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
Now for the big question...Who is 'E'?

The symbol in the Adventure Mode banner, is the same little thing on Modea's chest that we were wondering about. It's a stylized E.

...And back to another dead end...They had to give us the most common letter of the alphabet. My guess is 'Emissary', imagining some kind of inter-dimensional collector type, who wants to collect the characters. Much like we do with trophies, very fitting.

Press22

Smash Journeyman
I want online as much as the next person but still, I don't see how something so robust could be a waste of time.

And I disagree with computers making someone play worse, they helped me realize what combos can be interrupted by a nair and at what percentages. They make fine test dummies between that and on training mode with the AI set to Evade.
Computers teach you bad D.I habits which will kill you. Go to a tournament sometime..

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Computers teach you bad D.I habits which will kill you. Go to a tournament sometime..

I was at one last Friday. You assume I'm some casual player that just fights CPU opponents all day. BZZT WRONG. I fight against them just to refine myself, not to get better.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Now for the big question...Who is 'E'?

The symbol in the Adventure Mode banner, is the same little thing on Modea's chest that we were wondering about. It's a stylized E.

...And back to another dead end...They had to give us the most common letter of the alphabet. My guess is 'Emissary', imagining some kind of inter-dimensional collector type, who wants to collect the characters. Much like we do with trophies, very fitting.
I have a new theory...
The Subspace Emissary is actually the group/team/w.e that is sending the dummies.
The symbol is an E for Emissary, and the circle represents that it is contained and seperate from a larger portion, which is the definition of subspace.

And this mode is going to be awesome, I just hope that they don't make it complex and confusing with all these different things going on all at once. And I like the idea someone mentioned about how Mario, Kirby, Zelda, and Peach will fight the first battle, and then we might move to Yoshi and Link.

Frogla

Smash Ace

I'm REALLY hoping Link rides on Yoshi's back.
It be hillarous if Link was fighting a bunch of Meta knights minions on the Halberd he runs to the edge of the ship. Plays Eponas Song and jumps of the halberd only to land on Yoshi. Sweetness

Teben

Smash Apprentice
I'm really curious about the title of this story. Isn't "emissary" usually referring to someone sent on a peaceful mission? Maybe it's not even referring to MetaKnight.

Guess that's unlikely?

Press22

Smash Journeyman
I was at one last Friday. You assume I'm some casual player that just fights CPU opponents all day. BZZT WRONG. I fight against them just to refine myself, not to get better.
I'm guessing you didn't win it. :ohwell:

krackizwak

Smash Cadet
Story mode looks amazing i cant believe how awsome they are making brawl. This is soooo intrigueing i cant stand it. Also Peach confirmed sweet

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474

Also, Space Emissary is a subtitle, meaning HOPEFULLY (and doubtful) there would be other parts to adventure mode.

Thats just my two cents.

PS, what's an emissary? XDDD (I'm thinking like an organization, but just to clarify)
noun: An agent sent on a mission to represent or advance the interests of another.

The Free Dictionary - emissary

This was given earlier, but there are so many pages I figured it deserved a good mention again for those that don't know.

~Old Man Nintendo

Wreked

Smash Lord
Old, that definition I think shows us there is one big baddy for this adventure mode and the modeas are his minons. I think I spelled it wrong.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
My question is this:

Who is Pit looking at? Is this a character created just for Brawl... or is it a newcomer?

awesome

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed:

Look in the bottom-right corner. Palutena is translucent. You can see through her.

mario-man

Smash Lord
so, i guess that means peach will be in brawl...
It appears so.....
unless they accidentally forgot to take her out of those pics. Then again, maybe she is in and they still forgot to take her out......oops. xD

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hrm... Obviously this doesnt mean Palutena is a playable character... but I guess it may be on the table, eh?

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
That movie, it really shows you how much the graphics have been stepped up for Brawl. Stills can only do so much.

Awesome week for updates.

Top Bottom