• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i don't think anybody has touched upon this subject yet but if this evil minister guy is trying to send all these places (and maybe characters) to subspace, which i imagin could kill most everyone....why the hell is Petey helping him??? i thought it would have been ONE big enemy everyone has to fight against (guess Petey likes to pick sides ^^)
and Mario getting PWNd by the canon after running towards the bomb made me giggle

Talendime

Smash Ace
i don't think anybody has touched upon this subject yet but if this evil minister guy is trying to send all these places (and maybe characters) to subspace, which i imagin could kill most everyone....why the hell is Petey helping him??? i thought it would have been ONE big enemy everyone has to fight against (guess Petey likes to pick sides ^^)
and Mario getting PWNd by the canon after running towards the bomb made me giggle

Same question could be asked for Metaknight. That was Metaknights ship we saw him fly off to right?
My guess would either be brainwashing after defeat or simply the well-known lack of logic from bad guys like these.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Its gonna be a war plain and simple eat the red pill or blue pill type stuff lolz I dunno Im willing to bet that character endings are a given on this one?
BTW if petey i helping him then that means (possibly) for every Game included there is a game boss.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Same question could be asked for Metaknight. That was Metaknights ship we saw him fly off to right?
My guess would either be brainwashing after defeat or simply the well-known lack of logic from bad guys like these.
Are you talking about why Metaknight is helping? I'm guessing that answer will unravel throughout the story. Sakurai developed Kirby didn't he? Well in every single Kirby game, one piece of the story go's mislead throughout. Then, it explains at the end why so-and-so, King Dedede and Metaknight, usually, did what. And Metaknight DOES misunderstand the baddies, doesn't he? I'm not quite sure what you mean, and this last part of mine could be bull crap, but I think he does.

p.s. Sorry for double post

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
that would be VERY interesting actually, i'd love to see that (and seeing as sakuraiwanted a "fleshed-out" story mode its very possible
still i feel kinda bad for kirby, i mean now hes responsble for saving TWO princesses from a giant mutant fly trap...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Hehe... Um, I think Kirby has had to deal with worse--Remember when the Squeek Squad stole his Strawberry Shortcake?! HE WAS PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Still, Petey Pirahna looks tough. I bet he attacks by smacking Peach and Zelda's cages together and at you. He probably tries to jump on you and bite you as well. Funny, I'm thinking of this battle as a 3D battle, anyone else? That would be pretty cool.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
maybe he just swallows you and its over lol (he could easily eat kirby judging by his size)

WarxePB

Smash Ace
And here I thought that this Subspace Emissary person was going to be a good guy, but NOOOOOO, he wants to blow up the world. >_>

From the info we have so far, I can imagine a rough introduction.
Mario and Kirby are duelling, and Mario wins (as per This World). Mario revives Kirby, which is against "the rules"; this prompts the Subspace Army, a group of militants who want to destroy the Smash universe, a reason to plant a bomb in the arena to destroy them (perhaps they were employed by Master Hand as referees of some sort, but they went rogue). So Mario, Kirby, Peach and Zelda will start off as a group, probably fighting Primids. Then the Ancient Minister shows up, blows Mario away (where he goes to rescue the princess), Kirby has to defeat Petey by himself (and investigates the Halberd and Meta Knight once he wins), Peach probably gets kidnapped to act as bait for other heroes to come out of hiding (herv storyline would be exploring the castle or something), and Zelda manages to escape and tell Link about this new threat.

A lot of speculation, but it seems at least somewhat reasonable.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I know I'd be pissed if I were just about to take a bite of a cake and some gang of mice came in and took it away. :p
And well, who knows? Perhaps every character with their own storyline? Not likely though, considering the huge amount of space that would be required, but it would be neat. *Here's hoping*
This Ancient Minister looks odd to fight against though... I wonder what kind of attacks he would have...
"OMG! Omni-Deathbeam LAWLZ!!!11oneoneeleven"

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, imagine Gigabowser, Ganon, Arceus and the Dark Matter teaming up on you and a world-devouring bomb ready to explode in 2 minutes :p

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
He-he, yea...
Also, timed matches make it harder to enjoy the fights. Why? Because no matter what, they go by to fast...
But still, it'll be awesome..
Question: How do you think Snake will tie into the story line? He seems out of place, lol. But it'll work out. But how do you think he'll tie in?

Puffs

Smash Ace
Hmm. Very interesting. First, I would just like to say that Petey Piranha looks AWESOME.

ripa9

Smash Apprentice
And here I thought that this Subspace Emissary person was going to be a good guy...

From the info we have so far, I can imagine a rough introduction.
Mario and Kirby are duelling, and Mario wins (as per This World). Mario revives Kirby, which is against "the rules"
They had to fight but they didnt want and thats why they were shaking their hands. For pease. I mean that they had to fight and thats the rule. So they broke it and *something bad happend*.

And they comes to arena as Trophies. Like in SSBM at the start of the match you come from the air on Throphys base.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
This Ancient Minister looks odd to fight against though... I wonder what kind of attacks he would have...
"OMG! Omni-Deathbeam LAWLZ!!!11oneoneeleven"
Who wants to see AM piloting a mecha? *raises hand*

Either that, or he'll be one of those sissies who calls in people to fight for him because he lacks fighting skill.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Snake... Eh, how about he has to dismantle a "Metal Gear Subspace Bomber!"... Okay lame idea :-p
Well Snake is all about infiltrating and stuff... Maybe Kirby calls him to help him infiltrate the Halberd and blow up the reactor? (Would suck for Meta Knight, having the reactor of his ship blown up yet again)
Perhaps the Subspace Army kidnaps someone and he has to rescue said person, who is held captive inside the army's main base of operations?
I'm sure they could pull something off...

EDIT: Yeah, AM piloting a mecha isn't too crazy of an idea indeed... This could get fun!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Man, leave it to me to be internetless for an amazing update.
So.

Sakurai said there would be characters connected to other character's pasts mario's just happens to involve a venus flytrap on steroids.
Queue eff tea.

Sure, size is ( 99% of the time ) not an issue. Because everyone can be resized.
Petey, obviously wasn't. That's why using the size argument NOW is pointless. He's too big to be a playable character.
Of course, there's the possibility he'll be shrinked.
But I doubt it.

1. Petey is a boss. He's the Ultros to Mario's Locke. Being apparently a boss, I think Sakurai's only giving him the role he deserves - that boss you just can't keep the hell outta your face.
2. Would he have showed him just like that as an aside like he did R.O.B.*, who was also a potential character?

*awesome, by the way

So... yeah. The story is a lot less complex than some of us imagined.
But just as well.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
maybe he just swallows you and its over lol (he could easily eat kirby judging by his size)
You do not eat Kirby. Kirby eats you. Even if you are eight times his size, like Petey seems to be. The little guy actually has a full-fledged parallel dimension in his stomach, if I rememeber right that silly anime ;). If he's no longer as brutally nerfed, I'd actually put all my money on the pink fluffball :laugh:.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
this is how I see it going down so far...

mario and kirby fight -> Halberd entrance (cinematic)

initial fight with low grade enemies (gameplay: play as: Mario, Zelda, Peach, Kirby)

group meets ancient minister and bomb, also petey. Mario is blasted out of the stadium (cinematic

this is where the story line splits

if you play as one character through the entire thing, then here is how I see it.

Mario lands somewhere in the desert, possibly found by other characters. his adventure begins.

Kirby, is left to knock petey around, in which he fails and either flees, is captured or thrown out of the stadium. Petey then escapes before the bomb explodes and consumes the stadium.

For Snake, being the only known character who speaks in full scentences in the entire game (apart from the commentator (who I believe is also Master Hand)) is given the mission information by his boss to find, infiltrate and destroy an outpost, which is either linked to the minister, or he encounters said problem during or after said mission.

Ike, I would guess, would be attacked at Castle Siege, and goes on a quest to stop the attackers from returning.

Wario, most probably, had something stolen (I'm guessing his lunch, like at the begining of WW Smooth Moves) and he goes on a mission to get it back

Pokemon Trainer (I'm guessing people are calling him Red now, right?) and Pickachu are in the middle of a fight (maybe) and they run into trouble

I would put in others, but I'm too tired to continue...

Fawriel

Smash Master
So, now... it seems like this Adventure Mode won't let you start with whoever you want. I mean, if this is the video sequence it shows when you start playing the Adventure Mode, it would be extremely weird to see this video and then start playing as Peach, naturally. It's also too complex to have variable characters in it, so you can't just replace Mario with Fox and Kirby with Ganondorf or something.

There is the chance that it's a sequence played at the very beginning of the game, like previous intros, although that wouldn't make much sense since it's specifically about the single-player mode...

Another possibility is that it only plays the first time you start playing Subspace Emissary and you have to play it through in the predetermined setting, then you can play it again choosing whoever you like, without video sequences.

Or, there are a bunch of scenarios you can choose from in the start ( Mario's hit and either lands in the prairie where Yoshi and Link are or he hits Palutena's palace, where Pit is... etc. )...

...so many possibilities.

Puffs

Smash Ace
So, now... it seems like this Adventure Mode won't let you start with whoever you want. I mean, if this is the video sequence it shows when you start playing the Adventure Mode, it would be extremely weird to see this video and then start playing as Peach, naturally. It's also too complex to have variable characters in it, so you can't just replace Mario with Fox and Kirby with Ganondorf or something.

There is the chance that it's a sequence played at the very beginning of the game, like previous intros, although that wouldn't make much sense since it's specifically about the single-player mode...

Another possibility is that it only plays the first time you start playing Subspace Emissary and you have to play it through in the predetermined setting, then you can play it again choosing whoever you like, without video sequences.

Or, there are a bunch of scenarios you can choose from in the start ( Mario's hit and either lands in the prairie where Yoshi and Link are or he hits Palutena's palace, where Pit is... etc. )...

...so many possibilities.
I'm pretty sure this is just a trailer to showcase the Subspace Emissary mode, letting you get just an idea of the gameplay.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Maybe...just maybe...you DO choose your character. There's all one concrete storyline in which all the characters meet. In this case, the chosen character was Kirby.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
OR... It is just a commercial. LOL...

BUT, I think Snake's world is threteaned just like everyone elses, so he is forced to fight. Like everyone else. the Primid are just running ramped throughout the universe (galaxy, wtf ever), engulfing chunks of worlds. When they threaten a characters world, previous characters chasing the primid catch up, and wtf ever. I actually like this idea...

(making this up completely)

Samus Aran has BEEN chasing the primid for a little while now.
Being a well-known bounty hunter, she has connections with other organizations (I.E. Starfox & possibly whatever Snake works for). So that takes care of them.

Mario, Kirby are 'dueling', and Peach and Zelda are there just to watch. Meta Knight knows about the smash bros. organization** and leads the Minister and his armies to the stadium, which will be his first target. OR, perhaps, Meta Knight agrees to help the Minister if he helps relinquish Kirby. Which would explain why they blasted Mario out of the stadium, leavng Kirby to fight Petey. And they were using Zelda and Peach as leverage to keep Kirby from just running away (like he would). OR, Bowser also has an agreement with the Minister, in that if he kidnaps Peach for him, he'll do ect., as well as with Ganondorf.

Palutena see's this coming, and sends Pit to stop it from happening.
The Triforce let's Link know of Zelda's danger, and he sets off to help as well. Him and Yoshi are both in desert, where Mario might land, as said above...

Ness's world is threatened, so he sets off to save it.
The pokemon trainer is attempting to catch Pikachu (lol, just making up stuff), when the Primid attack Kanto, successfully detonating the bomb. With not much left, the trainer sets out to discover what happened, as the Pikachu gets kidnapped by the primid along with the blast (maybe?!).

DK's island is threatened, so he must also chase after the primid.

Samus or Star Fox contacts Cp. Falcon and informs him they also need his bounty hounter help.

Meanwhile, Bowser, Meta Knight, and Ganon (and any others) are betrayed by the Minister, and cast out of the Halberd. Before doing so, one of them manages to set free the loyalties...

I think I missed some characters, but...

Hey, I just made this up, so don't be TOO harsh...

But, please tell me what you think.

The smash organization**-Master Hand set up a tournament to see who is the greatest (?? lol).

khold

Smash Apprentice
It makes sense, LUVTOY77.

It'd be great to see all the characters saving their worlds.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
pirranha plant playble what a waste of character,maybe he could one of those dummies like the zombies and the goombas,if playble thats nice

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Meh for Petey Piranah.

However, if someone like him can get in SSBB, Oni Link stands a chance...oooh, I hope he's at least a boss in the Subspace Emmisary...*insert evil laugh here*

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I think that Petey Piranah is a boss couse' that thing was HUGE, ...yes you'll say BOwser is huge too, yea Bowser is big indeed, but Petey was HUGE, is like almost the size of Giga Bowser, if not the same.

Also, why doesnt zelda only teleports out of the cage, and maybe Metaknight is beingmind controlled by that alien thing.

Did they skip a part? couse the little enemies with the antenna are not there any more. Probably after the first video you fight those things along with the other 3 characters, and then this video appears after that battle, thats my guess, I dont know if someone has posted this before.

Darkurai

Smash Master
He's not a Piranha Plant. He's Petey Piranha, boss of the piranha plants. Calling him a normal Piranha Plant is like calling Bowser a normal Koopa.
@Noshiee: I indeed did suggest that.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Um, can I ask...

Whose Oni Link?

Also... I think that this was 1P with Kirby if it was tooken out of the actual game...IF...it could just be a trailor...but still...

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
Oni Link (or Fierce Diety Link after Oni was a mistranslation (I think)) is Young Links "ultimate Form" in Majora's Mask. instead of the conventional sword and shield, FD Link uses a two handed sword called the Double Helix sword. he is atleast four foot taller than Adult Link, has a white tunic, silver chest plate, red and blue face paintings, white hair and completley blank eyes.

FD Link would be a good boss in Link's story line

Stryks

Smash Hero
LOVE THIS UPDATE!

ANYTHING adventure mode related is awesome, I doubt the ancienbt minister is the real bad guy, more like his right hand man of the true villain ro something, and OMG PETEY IS SO F'KING HUGE... but gotta love the detail...

Man I want this game more than ever...

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
If they treat Petey, or any other Brawl "bosses" for that matter, like a standard (ie Mario, Link...NOT MASTER HAND) character, then it is completely possible that he'll be playable. It would be like having Bowser only as the last boss of adventure mode in melee, but not be playable in any form. I'm sure most of you would be pissed if that happened.

Size is the only argument against his inclusion at this point, but that argument is invalid when you logically look at the smash series. We fought a Giant DK in SB64 and a REGULAR sized Bowser that had to be enlarged to get to his original size at the end of SSBM. Both characters were enlarged for those fights, why couldn't Petey Piranha be?

Top Bottom