• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This world... - The Subspace Emissary

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Back with the told you so.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure somebody else has brought it up (if not, shame on you Smashboards), but I think we're thinking about the "rules" thing way too deep. What if the rules should be interpreted as the way of life? The way how we live that life? And what if the mistranslation "breaking the rules" simply means "disturbing this lifestyle" or "disturbing the peace"?

Makes things a lot less deep. And face it, we've seen it in a lot of stories. Just look at the smurfs. Gargamel didn't really help the smurfs by hunting them down to be used for his soup. Conan wouldn't be Conan if his parents weren't killed. He-Man wouldn't need his powers if his country wasn't under attack by the evil Skeletor.

And every Nintendo story has this basic storyline. Peaceful Hyrule under attack by Ganondorf, Popstar under siege by Nightmare, heck, Donkey Kong stealing the girlfriend of a nice carpenter. Even Samus' story started out with a peaceful space colony.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Heh, I half expected to come back to this thread to be greeted with;
"Bowser, is NOT in the clouds!"
"Yes, he IS!"
"No, 'his' right arm is RIDLEY! And his Left is Ganon!"
"No, Ganon is on the far right of the clouds! Duh!"
"Oh, near Micky?"
"Yeah"

But it seems where all over that..lulz

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
With Metaknight, Gannondorf (come on people, we all know he's coming back) and bowser being playable characters, I'm starting to expect a two pronged story, good and evil. however, this would call for there being as many bad guys as good guys. and, as the story stated, the smashers are trophies with no knowledge of anything else but fighting. this means that there would be no knowledge of right or wrong. So, effectivley, Good and Bad for them are the same, and they merely fight for the entertainment of others. But if this was the case, then how are Zelda and peach un-trophied, along with the other smashers when the prologue implies that they would still be trophies stored at the stadium.

effectivley, when Mario won the battle and touched Kirby's trophy, this could have set off a chain reaction, which cured all of the other Smashers. but that still doesn't explain how Pit is in Palutena's temple, how Link and Yoshi are in the desert, How fox got his arwing...

strange indeed.

we need more info, but that's what I have so far.

if you go back a few posts you'll be able to see my theories, Revolution, Justice and Maniacal. they need a bit of adjusting now that we have this Ancient Minister dude, but they'll do.

Dark Nut 4 Zelda Boss

Legolastom

Smash Hero
But it wasn't a mere coincidence those clouds had faces.

Especially not that Sakurai showed a picture of the exact moment when the faces where most defined.

Anyways (Thanks Blackadder for starting this up again) ... er... i don't really have anything else to say actually.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
How would it be coincidence seeing as those clouds where made by the people making the game... and that they used the exact screen where they where forming (And it was a little more than split second).

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Seriously, coincidence. If they were made by programmers, they could have made the cloud look A LOT more like Bowser/Ridley/Ganon. I don't think it looks like Bowser, I think it's just CLOUDS. Listen, I don't mean to be harsh but too many people are looking too far into things. I don't see Bowser in the clouds, I only see clouds. Just clouds. I mean,I could say that I saw Pac Man in the clouds or I saw Pichu in the clouds. But that doesn't mean anything. What I'm trying to say is that the clouds might form something that looks a little like Bowser but I don't think it means anything. It's a coincidence.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
The clouds where never going to look A LOT more like their counterparts because its merely a hint an easter egg of sorts of the bad guys.

But they could have used the clouds from a few seconds earlier or later that didn't look like anything... but they didn't they used the ones that do look like them.

When i looked at the clouds i passed over it but i saw faces of sorts and when i looks closer they resembled villains.

But its the fact that they are not clouds they are actually MADE by people they are not just random clouds.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Hey, I just though about this, how will pokemon trainer work in adventure mode, will he be runing around with you in the jungle (example) next to the pokemon yu have out?

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
that will get annoying. the pokemon can only stay out for a small amount of time before having to be switched. you'd have to go through several pokemon in many levels, and wait for a while if you need one of them for a specific part (EG, Charizard's superior jump might be needed to rech a ledge other pokemon can't get to)

Noshiee

Smash Ace
what i ment is that he is always in the back ground in stages, but in adveture mode, is a side-scrolling thiing, so he will be like running to that dirction all the time, or what?

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yea, i asked that same question about Snake...
And I don't think you'd have to switch the other pokemon out that much...
The enemies probably aren't pouring all over you like in the multi-man melee's, they are probably spaced out, at least a little. The pokemon should be able to handle it. They won't be in as much frantic fighting like in a regular match, I would assume. And my guess is tha trainer runs around aside ur pokemon.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Pokemon Trainer won't actually be in the background in Adventure Mode, but rather pop up in the bottom left corner like in the actual Pokemon Games, and call Pokemon back....

....Of course the prospective would be jacked up...><

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I actually kinda saw Bowser... lol.

But that's besides the point. It was just people being too anxious about this game.

BTW, college REALLY makes the days go by slowly. lol.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yes they do!!! But this thread isn't really about that! but actually, it iz...
Because one COULD link that to the subspace emissary in a way...
So no one really has the right to ban us from talking about it...BUT, I personally don't really care, so I hope this to be the last thing I say on tha matter LOL

p.s. Wreked, Nice Kirby Hat Sig haha

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
The clouds show that the animating department did an excellent job in modeling the clouds.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Um, no you can't. there is basically no denying there IS at least Bowser's face in tha clouds. It is, in fact, the matter whether the MATTER or not. It COULD just be for the games trailer. But, there IS AT LEAST Bowser's face in the clouds, it is visible.

Top Bottom