• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you cant get over in life....

sNess California

Smash Cadet
What things have happened to you in life where you tell yourelf,"wow, i can't believe that happened" or something like ,"wow, I can't believe i did that!"

I wrote this to see what interesting things would pop up in this thread, and i remind everybody to please be respectful to others! :-)

(I would also like to say that if there is already a topic about this, please let me know because i searched and checked but didnt find any.)

Mith_

Smash Champion
How awesome I am.
I also can't get over how gas prices went from 5 dollars to one dollar in a matter of days.
Its crazy!

POKE40

Smash Lord
the fact that the first "tournament" I went to.
They did not have jiggs, wolf, or toon link in the roster. No one noticed until the afternoon

Its not negative. Its a "wow, I can't believe this madness"
We unlocked jiggs after one fight... then we loled

sNess California

Smash Cadet
the fact that the first "tournament" I went to.
They did not have jiggs, wolf, or toon link in the roster. No one noticed until the afternoon

Its not negative. Its a "wow, I can't believe this madness"
We unlocked jiggs after one fight... then we loled
yes sorry though, it doesnt have to be a negative thing, i forgot to adress that.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I can't get over how stupid and destructive humans can be. Case and point: somewhere in the world at any time ever.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
That I used to want Pichu in Brawl.
Does it count if I still do?

Umm, I'd say my stupidity while playing WoW. I would never really get off the game and everyone around me looked at me like I was addicted. Which I guess I was, there was just other personal problems I had and used WoW as a kind of escape for it.

I still kind of do that today but try to get out more now.

damezguy

Smash Apprentice
i beat my dad at table tennis 11-0 to win 40 sweet pounds. i cant believe how well i played. i cant get over how much i hate pythagoras theorem. believe that it is so hard and will ruin my chances of passing an upcoming test.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I can't believe Barack Obama was elected President. I'm so happy he was, but 1 year ago, he was probably the 4th or 5th most likely to get it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I can't get over how stupid and destructive humans can be. Case and point: somewhere in the world at any time ever.
I totally agree with this. We are to destructive, and personally I'd like to see a rainforest before it's gone.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Important things.

This may be silly or random, but one thing I can't get over is how popular celebrity gossip is with so many people. Whenever I'm waiting for class to start, I can always hear people chatting about Did you see what Britney Spears did last week in that interview?!? or Lindsey Lohan is sleeping with the Octomom!

It all seems so trivial and pointless. I know I shouldn't care about what other people do (or not do) for fun, but I still can't help but get a little irked every time I overhear things like that.

PraKirJaq

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe Barack Obama was elected President. I'm so happy he was, but 1 year ago, he was probably the 4th or 5th most likely to get it.
I remember that too and thinking how he'd probably lose to Clinton anyways. Man that guy went a far way.

I totally agree with this. We are to destructive, and personally I'd like to see a rainforest before it's gone.
Thirded. There are just some things people have done that I simply can't fathom.

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
I can't get over how quickly Foxtel is turning the youth of Australia into Americans and how blind the youth of Australia is about it.

Smash Master
I can't get over how often people form opinions without gathering the relevant facts. Drives me insane.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
The negative view people have on everything

chuckyj100

Smash Apprentice
that im 14 and went rock climbing in Pennsylvania and almost flipped my mom's jeep and we had to drive it back to md

Autydragoon

Smash Journeyman
In a circle with Fez, Hyde, Eric and Kelso
How society is so self destructive. We often do things that are selfish to benefit our self survival. But these choices lead to smart people doing things for the wrong reasons. i call them competent fools. Yes they are their own oxymoron.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
...how personal greed can precede human rights in the minds of some "humans"

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
What about how kids at the age of 5 or younger are dying in our world because of neglectful parents, poverty, and daffodils?

♪ One of these things just doesn't belong here! ♪

Rickety

Peace and Love
It's pretty much been said or hinted at before, but the staggering disparities between rich and poor are really just awful. I guess extreme inequality between people around the world today are just hardest to believe.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I cant believe that HO-OH is in the 1st ever episode of Pokemon!
I always thought it was Moltres!

Nah but seriously I cant believe that the human race cant all work together for the benefit of all.Think of how much more rapidly we'd progress as a united planet.

Also and more importantly I can't believe how much about the origins of existence,time etc we'll never be able to know.

User_Maat_Re

Smash Cadet
Things I can't over in life? Guilt. I've done things that I really wish I didn't do. Yeah, you live and learn. But sometimes you can't afford to make mistakes, and the learned lesson isn't worth the results of your mistake. It's hard to live with when people so close to you change their opinions on you.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe how thiers so many people out there who don't care at all about the war or global warming or anything else that's going on in the world and just forget that it exists. Instead of acting out to try and do something positive for the world, they just sit at home complaining about things that are really unimportant.

Overall, I just can't belive how people are. Most of them are so self centered these days it sickens me. You do something really nice for someone and they just throw you in the dirt, it's disgusting.

slave1

Smash Lord
i cant get over the fact the people think its ok to hate rich people because they earned it. and its ok to tax them out the wazoo cause its fare.

i cant get over how awesome mewtwo is.

how much college is better than high school.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
What about how kids at the age of 5 or younger are dying in our world because of neglectful parents, poverty, and daffodils?

♪ One of these things just doesn't belong here! ♪
****, I think another Killjoy name is in order. :(

I can't get over the fact that my dog may never be able to walk correctly, and it's because someone wanted to spoil him too much.

sNess California

Smash Cadet
****, I think another Killjoy name is in order. :(

I can't get over the fact that my dog may never be able to walk correctly, and it's because someone wanted to spoil him too much.
wait, is it alright if i ask what you meant by spoiling?But if it's personal and you don't like discussing it, i understand.

Top Bottom