• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The_Altrox's Brawl Tier of Manliness: Version 2

Scott!

Smash Lord
Ganon should be higher than bowser. Why? Cause Ganon is a hairy beast! Look at his beard/eyebrows!
Well, Bowser has some impressive hair going on too. It's a close call between them though.

Actually, Kirby CAN spit out as well. But yes, he DOES have the option to swallow, unlike Dedede.

And ever consider his Down B? What it essentially is, is him turning into a rock (or something as hard as a rock) instantaneously. Him turning rock hard on command. Hm. Manly?
Yes, that is pretty manly. But I personally would have serious problems putting Kirby more than halfway up the manly list myself.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
The arguments for Sonic are fairly solid, but I'm inclined to believe what that one person said about Flash being infinitely more awesome.

On the other hand, is it fair to compare Smash characters to non-Smash characters?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
And if anybody brings up a "Martha should be lower on the list" comment or anything similar, I will ignore everything you post.
isnt the point of this thread just for fun? whats the point if it appears you arent paying attention to peoples thoughts (other than responding negatively). Theres no reason to refute everyone who feels differently from you. You should have just said, "this is a final list dont post your opinions because i feel they are wrong and nothing will ever be changed"

Thats the attitude that is being giving off.

The furosious robot has left

Smash Journeyman
isnt the point of this thread just for fun? whats the point if it appears you arent paying attention to peoples thoughts (other than responding negatively). Theres no reason to refute everyone who feels differently from you. You should have just said, "this is a final list dont post your opinions because i feel they are wrong and nothing will ever be changed"

Thats the attitude that is being giving off.
this is true.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
2 stars? lol. angry peoplez that their character isn't top tier.

The reason I brought up the Marth thing was because people in the last topic kept saying that kind of stuff without reading anything that was posting. It got pretty annoying. I absolutely hate it when people post stuff that has already been reviewed. If you think Marth should be lower, I don't want a generic "HE'S A SHE!!!!!1!!!" argument. I want something involving actual thought. That one poster a while back did a good job at that, giving actual reasons for why. I just don't want people saying the exact same stupid comment without thought. I find it rather spammy.

Scott!

Smash Lord
It had 1 star before i voted 5.

10electionriggings
Haha, I just gave it a five hoping to get it to 3. No such luck, it seems. Anyway, how about we discuss the manliness of the characters rather than just rag on each other? It's much more fun that way.

So, how about that Pit? I am definitely for him being above all females not named Samus. It's only fair. Also, he's more manly than Lucas. But then again, so is Nana.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
1. it is hypocritical. you are a hater. a hardcore hater.

2.how about the fact that you double posted?
lol, double posting has nothing to do with it.

Hypocritical would be me saying "Don't call each other haters." Then I go and call people haters themselves. But I call people haters all the time because I never said the first phrase shown above.

I already said I don't hate Pit. I just don't think he's manly at all. Thus, reason being his low position. So I am not "hating" on anybody. so me calling Anti-Falcons haters is not being hypocritical. Since I said I don't hate Pit, but you keep saying I do, I don't have a problem being hypocritical. You just have a problem reading.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Dude...Marth is pretty much a woman. One of my friends mistook Marth for a girl XD

Also, Ganondorf should be in the Chuck Norris Tier...SPARTAN KICK!! And he also grabs people by their faces with ONE HAND and destroys them. WHILE MOVING! He has purple flames too. Plus, he can also take enemies down with him. He should be above Bowser and right under Snake!

Scott!

Smash Lord
Dude...Marth is pretty much a woman. One of my friends mistook Marth for a girl XD

Also, Ganondorf should be in the Chuck Norris Tier...SPARTAN KICK!! And he also grabs people by their faces with ONE HAND and destroys them. WHILE MOVING! He has purple flames too. Plus, he can also take enemies down with him. He should be above Bowser and right under Snake!
Marth is not a woman at all. Why, you ask? Well, there are a few reasons.

This.

And this.

Between the thread and the video, we have seen just how powerful and masculine Marth truly is. Anyone who says he is a woman is just insecure with their own secret desires for him and want him to be female due to cognitive dissonance. I could argue for him being manlier than Falcon, but the amount of flaming/murder I would receive makes for a satisfactory deterrent.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Okay fine, so Marth is actually a guy!

But nobody is manlier than Falcon. No amount of arguing can prove that to be false. No matter how you approach it, Falcon is the manliest character ever.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Falcon's lack of range and priority is actually manly as well, ensuring that only the knee of justice will be a viable kill move.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
He doest digest them however, and i had a different meaning in mind when i mentioned inhale but im not going into it, not really reading into it alot this was just a fun thread to me so i had to pick at it

yea but im much more terrified of being stomped on
What? You should see what people who've played the Kirby games have to say. When he swallows, you don't come out. If he spits you out,you crash into a wall as a star and explode. EXPLODE! The only way that Kirby let's an enemy out is as a Helper. By that, you become Kirby's servant and fight for him Kirby turns people into slaves. You know where Footstool Jumping comes from? Kirby games. He uses his loyal servant as a springboard. Being Kirby's servant does have perks, though. You get cool powers, like the ability to teleport in the form of a star. You cannot die by falling off the screen. You get all the powers Kirby would using your power, sometimes more. A Burning Leo not only gets the power to survive under water, but BLOW FIRE. Kirby went on a rampage for his food. The entire plotline of Squeak Squad was him beating up a gang because they stole his snack (a slice of strawberry shortcake). He can also do the Falcon punch while being pink. He beats Meta-Knight up constantly. He destroyed Meta-Knight's Halberd, then proceeded to out run Meta-Knight on his Wheelie Bike (A ONE-WHEELED MOTORCYCLE) and jumped a good portion of the ocean, then RODE OFF INTO THE SUNSET. He has also punched through his planet AND fought Samurai Meta-Knight in a Samurai Duel. In KDL3, he killed a Metroid for Samus! He can copy your power, decompose you, steal your power and kill you as soon as you are in that vortex of wind. He also as the ability to Super Inhale, creating a larger vortex! He's better with swords than Meta-Knight, in both the anime AND the games! Without having to practice! To get stronger, Meta-Knight followed THE SAME QUEST KIRBY DID! Kirby has fought Nightmares and Darkness! He only rides in style; Kirby's ridden a Warp Star and a STAR CHARIOT. That's right, Kirby has a Chariot. When Kirby gets in trouble, no worries! He also has a CELL PHONE! Can't forget his show hat and his 10-Gallon, can we? If Kirby were at full power in SSB, he'd be broken, because one Swallow, and he already wins! Kirby also just sleeps and eats all day, but when he get's ready to fight, he can take EVERYONE down. Oh, yeah, how many of you know anyone who can kill people with a paintbrush and paint? No one? Kirby can. In the anime, he can even make his art come alive!

Meta-Knight gets props to. How many guys do you know gives their opponent a sword before a battle? Oh, and how many people can summon helpers from midair? Can they fully heal instantaneously? How about use a screen clearing Mach Tornado (in KSSU, this tornado creates a column of FLAME that splits into two and hits everyone onscreen)? Exactly.

P.S. Not a single thing about Kirby or Meta-Knight was made up. Think twice before touching Kirby's food, foo' (he even went to SPACE for that cake).

Self-kun

Smash Rookie
Marth: I can explain this!!! People say Marth isn't manly, but they're liars!!! Even the guy who made those youtube videos about Brawling like a man. Why is Marth manly? Well, first off, look at his fiance (no pic ). She is hot. Only a real man could score that. Secondly I'll compare him to this pokemon. Why Machoke? You know what the belt is for? Pokedex says it's very heavy so he doesn't go out of contol. Marth's tiarra is similar. It keeps his manliness at normal level. In fact, when Marth Final smash's the tiarra moves a little off his head (no pic again) and he OHKO's the opponent. If you don't think that's manly, get help. Now.
W00T!!!!! I tried to explane that to my friend and he says "No, Martha is is not manly." Finally somebody else agrees!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
[Abusing animals is manly now?
Are you kidding? Abusing animals is so manly that it has more or less become tradition amongst lumberjacks, pirates, and Chuck Norris. On top of that, it is featured prominently on the cover of the one and only true guide to manliness, written by one of the manliest of men (who didn't have the priviledge of being born Chuck Norris): http://www.amazon.com/Alphabet-Manliness-Maddox/dp/080652720X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1235078454&sr=8-1

Also:
Lucario isn't Goku. Voice overs matter not. But either way, is Goku not manly now?
Goku's never been manly. Think about it: In every episode ever, he either makes his son/friends fight against hopelessly strong opponents, or he spends three weeks collecting energy from everyone in the known universe (since he's not manly enough to beat them with his own) while his friends sacrifice themselves, only to miss and have to start all over again.
The only manly thing he ever did was fight andriods while having a heart attack. (Oh, and if you've ever seen/read Dragon Ball, you'd know that not only is Goku a little *****, but that Master Rochi is the manliest character of that whole series.)

And it's not JUST the voice overs... Look at his animations! He is a generic DBZ character turned pokemon! He is, to all intents and purposes, recycled.

[BThat was talked about in his last list he wears that tiara in memory of his sister which is masculine he is honouring the memory of his sister[/B]

Ah, my bad. I didn't know that, but that's not the reason the TC gave...

RK, that's not at ALL what Scribble meant... He's probably played as many, if not more, Kirby games than you to be honest...
On top of that, aren't we just supposed to base this on their Brawl performances? (Or so I was told.)

Captain Falcon, the almighty epitome of manliness, should be directly opposed to Captain Fabulous (White and Pink Falcon), who should get his own tier as the least manly thing ever.

I'll add more next monday.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Guys, you have never truly known manly until you've watched Hokuto no Ken.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Whoa... Goku... not... manly?

Disclaimer: he's obviously not the manliest, but yeah.

Goku fights for his friends. Where do you think Ike got that from?
Goku does situps on 30x Earth gravity+. That's manly. Only Falcon and Chuck Norris is capable of that.
Goku is too good of a martial artist, and you know it. Martial arts is manly, no?
Goku turned down returning to Earth after his death in the Cell Games to be with his family and friends so that he can what? Train and fight in the other world. He turned his family and friends down to fight. That's manly.

So yeah, Goku isn't the manliest person in DBZ. (personally, I think Vegeta is the manliest), but he is manly.

TheFast

Smash Lord
MANLINESS TIER

Chuck Norris Rank
Captain Falcon
Snake
Bowser

Very Manly Rank
Ganondorf
King Dedede
Ike
Charizard
Lucario

Rather Manly Rank
Wario
Marth
Meta Kinght
Samus- Samus can do the Ka-meh-ha-meh-ha

Somewhat Manly
Kirby
Pikachu-When he joined that gang he moved up
Jigglypuff
Yoshi - He throws babies at people
Mr. Game & Watch
Mario
Luigi

Meh Rank
Fox
Toon Link- His girlfriend is a pirate, you know your a man when you go out with a pirate.
Ivysaur
Donkey Kong- He plays with bananas
Zero Suit Samus
R.O.B.
Wolf- hes to gay for Fox to be that high up. "Dont get to cocky Star Fox."
Shiek
Sonic

Almost Womanly Rank
Link- HEEEERRRRRRRRRRR
Nana-cuz without Nana popo is a scared little boy.
Ness
Squitle
Falco- Real men share bread.
Popo
Diddy Kong- he plays with bananas
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Zelda

NOT AT ALL RANK
Olimar- nothing is manly about a ****** throwing *******.
Pit

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
MANLINESS TIER

Chuck Norris Rank
Captain Falcon
Snake
Bowser

Very Manly Rank
Ganondorf
King Dedede
Ike
Charizard
Donkey Kong
Lucario

Rather Manly Rank
Wario
Marth
Wolf
Meta Kinght

Somewhat Manly
Kirby
Falco
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar
Mario
Luigi
Link

Meh Rank
Fox
Samus
Ivysaur

Zero Suit Samus
R.O.B.
Shiek
Sonic

Almost Womanly Rank
Toon Link

Ness
Squitle
Popo
Diddy Kong
Pikachu
Lucas
Yoshi

Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Zelda

NOT AT ALL RANK
Pit

Editing >_>
But Popo has a hammer

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I agree with most of this that I've seen except for one thing. Strippers are ENJOYED by Manly men. A MANLY Stripper is gross. ZSS should be down there, possibly below Pit. Atleast Pit is a guy. Samus is actually hawt (for a video game character), but if anything, wouldn't that work against her almost as much as her revealing skintight suit would? Also, Peach, Nana, and Zelda ACTUALLY ARE GIRLS! WHY ARE THEY ON AN "Almost Womanly" SECTION!?! THEY ARE WOMANLY! THAT'S WHAT BEING GIRLS IS ABOUT!

justaway12

Smash Master
♣ Pokemon trainer should go higher, even though he lets his Pokemon fight he travels to all sorts of dangerous places all by himself just so he can be the best thats pretty manly. ♣

♣@Da-D-Mon-109: Manliness knows no gender it's not a man tier it's MANLY tier. ♣

☺☺☺☺

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I agree with most of this that I've seen except for one thing. Strippers are ENJOYED by Manly men. A MANLY Stripper is gross. ZSS should be down there, possibly below Pit. Atleast Pit is a guy. Samus is actually hawt (for a video game character), but if anything, wouldn't that work against her almost as much as her revealing skintight suit would? Also, Peach, Nana, and Zelda ACTUALLY ARE GIRLS! WHY ARE THEY ON AN "Almost Womanly" SECTION!?!
Being a woman doesn't make you unmanly. You can actually be both manly and womenly if you play your cards right. Look at Jiggle's and Samus

|RK|

Smash Marketer
MANLINESS TIER

Chuck Norris Rank
Captain Falcon
Kirby
Snake
Bowser

Very Manly Rank
Ganondorf
King Dedede
Ike
Charizard
Donkey Kong
Lucario

Rather Manly Rank
Wario
Marth
Wolf
Meta Kinght

Somewhat Manly
Falco
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar
Mario
Luigi
Link

Meh Rank
Fox
Samus
Ivysaur
Zero Suit Samus
R.O.B.
Shiek
Sonic

Almost Womanly Rank
Toon Link
Ness
Squitle
Popo
Diddy Kong
Pikachu
Lucas
Yoshi
Nana
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Zelda

NOT AT ALL RANK
Pit

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
MANLINESS TIER

Chuck Norris Rank
Captain Falcon
Snake
Bowser

Very Manly Rank
Ganondorf
King Dedede
Ike
Charizard
Lucario

Rather Manly Rank
Wario
Marth
Meta Kinght
Samus- Samus can do the Ka-meh-ha-meh-ha

Somewhat Manly
Kirby
Pikachu-When he joined that gang he moved up
Jigglypuff
Yoshi - He throws babies at people
Mr. Game & Watch
Mario
Luigi

Meh Rank
Fox
Toon Link- His girlfriend is a pirate, you know your a man when you go out with a pirate.
Ivysaur
Zero Suit Samus
R.O.B.
Wolf- hes to gay for Fox to be that high up. "Dont get to cocky Star Fox."
Shiek
Sonic

Almost Womanly Rank
Link- HEEEERRRRRRRRRRR
Ness
Squitle
Falco- Real men share bread.
Popo
Diddy Kong- he plays with bananas
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Zelda

NOT AT ALL RANK
Olimar- nothing is manly about a ****** throwing *******.
Pit

Olimar is a general who has enough balls to fight on the field with his men.
The Wolf thing is dumb, since words like that don't destroy a man.

Top Bottom