• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The_Altrox's Brawl Tier of Manliness: Version 2

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Or is it Olimar's lack of balls to fight without his men?
Being Manly isn't all all about being all on your own. Olimar is smart and controls his men with ease. A captain of a ship is also manly in the same way. He can't do it all on his own, but his crew respects his knowledge and his ability to lead.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
♣ That's a good reason why Pokemon trainer should move up. ♣

☺☺☺☺
He is a bit too low, now that I look at him. But he's not a fighter like Oli. He also holds his head in shame when he loses. Doesn't even clap. in the games, when he loses, he "whites out." What? what kind of man faints after losing a battle he wasn't even physically fighting in?

Scott!

Smash Lord
Pokemon Trainer is manlier than his current placing, but he still isn't all that manly. Seriously, the fact that he doesn't clap for the winner speaks volumes. A true man accepts defeat nobly. But he is more manly than all females except Samus and Jigglypuff.

Also, anyone who says that Yoshi is manly loses all validity in this discussion. Seriously, real men don't lay eggs.

justaway12

Smash Master
He is a bit too low, now that I look at him. But he's not a fighter like Oli. He also holds his head in shame when he loses. Doesn't even clap. in the games, when he loses, he "whites out." What? what kind of man faints after losing a battle he wasn't even physically fighting in?
♣ I never said he was manly I said he should be manier and even though he lets his Pokemon fight he travels to all sorts of dangerous places all by himself and capture dangerous pokeomon just so he can be the very best thats pretty manly so I think he should go slightly higher.♣

☺☺☺☺

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
MANLINESS TIER

Chuck Norris Rank
Captain Falcon
Snake
Bowser

Very Manly Rank
Ganondorf
King Dedede
Ike
Charizard
Donkey Kong
Lucario

Rather Manly Rank
Wario
Marth
Wolf
Meta Kinght

Somewhat Manly
Falco
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game & Watch
Olimar
Mario
Luigi
Link

Meh Rank
Fox
Samus
Ivysaur
Zero Suit Samus
R.O.B.
Shiek
Sonic

Almost Womanly Rank
Toon Link
Ness
Squitle
Popo
Diddy Kong
Pikachu
Lucas
Yoshi
Nana
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Zelda

NOT AT ALL RANK
Pit

BELOW THE F*CKING FLOOR RANK
Kirby
Fix'd .

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
To the guy who replied to Goku's manliness:
I meant as manly as a superpowered person who can defy death and blow up planets with a simple hand motion is, for characters in that serie, he's not really all that manly.

Also, yeah, jiggly uses her body as a weapon, but come on, it's a cuddly pink feminine creature who's gimmick is singing people to sleep and who'sfame is due to being cute... HOW IS SHE MANLY?!

Also, typing with a PDA is annoying, so, like usual, more later, probably Monday.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is manly in a way very different from Falcon or the other characters generally assumed to be high on this list. First off, as you said, her whole body is a weapon. Not just fists and feet. Also, she kills her opponents in her sleep. That's how confident she is. Ultimately, that's what it comes down to. Jigglypuff is very confident. She doesn't need a gimmick (Sing is just too terrible). She just needs her appendages (that sounds wrong...). She doesn't even need the ground most of the time.

Personally, I think Falcon is a tad bit overrated. A man with golden nipples on his skintight bodysuit? It's not the first thing I think of when I think manly. But Falcon Punch, Kick, Knee, etc. do make up for it pretty well.

kr3wman

Smash Master
''Hey guys Ima make totally incorrect assumptions of what is manly or not and you have to listen to my opinions because they are surely right'' - Everyone in this thread. Except me of course.

''OMG jigglypuff is manly because... because...'' No one cares.

Go watch Hokuto no Ken, Jojo's Bizzare Adventure or some thing like that and then come back and tell me jigglypuff/marth/fox is manly. I am 100% sure you will not be able to do so.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
well... at least we can all agree that Pit is not manly.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Poor Pit. I find myself saying that a lot. Maybe he'll be many if/when Kid Icarus happens and he's suddenly super-awesome there.

Also, no anime will make me change my mind on the manpower that is Jigglypuff. I also won't stand down on Marth being not un-manly.

Fox isn't all that manly, but he's higher than a good number. I'd personally put him above Falco, though not above everyone between them.

Also, Wario is extremely overrated here. Manly =/= gross. Farting does not make one manly. He's willfully gross, and fat. All these are common male stereotypes, but they aren't manly. There's a big difference.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Bowser>Ganon

Bowser doesn't need "sparta kick". Why? Because bowser makes his own moves. No cheap ripoffs from movies.

He also uses every single one of his body parts as a move.

Head-Fsmash
Tail-U smash
Shell-Usmash, Fortress, down smash
fist-ftilt
body- >B
butt- Vb
klaw- >B
fire-b

He uses everything he has.

Bowser is pro.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
.........No. Read my post on Kirby's position.
No. Kirby is pink, round, has a squeaky voice, and is played mainly by girls going teehee that's kawaiiiii and silly boys who think they're cool and cute at the same time. (Cuteness is the enemy of manliness)

Kirby is annoying. Real men are not annoying. Everybody aspires to be like the alpha male. Nobody wants to be more like Kirby. Everybody wants to be Captain Falcon.

Oh and btw, why so serious? :laugh:

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
How is Wario below Lucario? It doesn't make sense.

Wario's best KO move is either a shoulder ram or Farting on somone's face, and he rides a chopper and eats people.

Lucario has aura which is manly. However, he is worshiped by furries. That's not manly at all.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Wario is a step backwards in terms of manliness. He perpetuates a stereotype men would be better off going against. Is farting in someone's face manly? Because I thought that was just disgusting.

And you can't blame Lucario for his fans. Also, Lucario has manly taunts.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
My friend made the observation that Mewtwo has an appearance not quite unlike that of a sperm cell. Add to that some purple Ph1R3, his manly voice, and his penchant for either slapping you with his tail or screwing with your brain directly, I'd say he's pretty high up on the list.

However, since he isnt in Brawl, the point is moot, correct?

Why not put him in some kind of honorable mention tier (which is still above Pit lolz.)?

Ange

Smash Lord
No. Kirby is pink, round, has a squeaky voice, and is played mainly by girls going teehee that's kawaiiiii and silly boys who think they're cool and cute at the same time.
What kind of people who plays a character has nothing to do with how manly they are. :p

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You know what? "manly steriotypes like building things"

Steriotypes. Those things win in all debates.
Ummm... isn't manliness, in and of itself, a stereotype of sorts? So yeah, in such a debate, we will rely on stereotypes...
I'm surprised people are taking this so seriously... IT'S A ****ING MANLINESS TIER LIST!

Bowser doesn't need "sparta kick". Why? Because bowser makes his own moves. No cheap ripoffs from movies.
No cheap ripoffs from movies... big green fire breathing clawed monster...?

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Ummm... isn't manliness, in and of itself, a stereotype of sorts? So yeah, in such a debate, we will rely on stereotypes...
I'm surprised people are taking this so seriously... IT'S A ****ING MANLINESS TIER LIST!
I know, right? It's like people giving 1 star to the Brawl tier list because they're mad <insert character here> is too high/low.

I'm gonna keep making these btw :p

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I kind of assumed furosious was suicidal based on the fact that {A} he disagrees violently with the tier list and thus {B} wants everyone who doesn't agree with him to jump into fire(s) and yet {C} keeps coming back to these threads.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Hey, so, uh, can we keep the furosious angst in the other thread? You know, the one whose sole focus is to abuse him for it?

Anyway, who else's manliness has to be ironed out?

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Hey, so, uh, can we keep the furosious angst in the other thread? You know, the one whose sole focus is to abuse him for it?

Anyway, who else's manliness has to be ironed out?
Uh, what? that wasn't "hate." and even if it was, he's been trolling my topics/posts with unintelligent responses. I think I've been rather tolerant with him, so poking fun isn't bad. :chuckle:

Scott!

Smash Lord
Uh, what? that wasn't "hate." and even if it was, he's been trolling my topics/posts with unintelligent responses. I think I've been rather tolerant with him, so poking fun isn't bad. :chuckle:
Wait, I didn't say "hate"... And it's not really that I have a problem with it so much as I'm tired of reading it in all these threads. I find it more enjoyable making silly arguments on the manliness of characters.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I still say Capt. Falcon and Caot. Fabulous (pink Falcon) should be at opposite ends of the spectrum of manliness. It's not just the color either... The capt. has both the most awesome and most faery-ish moves in this game, and for some reason the latter seem to get accentuated in the pink suit.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Yes, wolf should be higher. Marth is far to high. He uses a sword because his petty muscles can't hurt opponents. Marth not only wears a tiara, but also brushes his hair to one side. TO ONE SIDE!!! Marth's voice is puny, and wears a cape. A CAPE. Only the g-dorf can not be a superhero and wear a cape and remain manly. Marth has shiny things on him.
Yes to Wolf, perhaps. I'd switch him and Wario. But if that's all your justification for Marth, then you've clearly missed the multiple justifications he's received for his high placing that have been provided in this thread and the first version. He's been discussed repeatedly. He deserves his spot. He wears his tiara for manly reasons. Shiny things are not inherently unmanly. Neither are capes. Capes have serious cool potential. And parting one's hair on the side isn't manly now? I missed that. Marth isn't the manliest guy in the game, but he's got a lot going for him.

Also, shield breaker is a very manly move. According to a legend I heard somewhere on here, the reason that Marth's sword got shorter and Captain Falcon got nerfed is because a fully charged tipper shield breaker collided with a Falcon Punch.

Top Bottom