• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zodiac Braves a NJ/NY Crew *OMG what is that? it's a tree*

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Bleachigo is the best Smasher-TvC player in this state so you should go see him.
Sure. I'd want some help on picking a 2nd character. The only one I use and I think is really good is Zero. Morrigan kinda sucks and so does Tekkaman (unless he has some setups I don't know about), I don't know any combos with Viewtiful Joe and I don't know how to fight close up with Saki. If any of these characters are good tell me and help me out. If not, tell me some other characters (not Ken and Ryu. Don't wanna copy my bro that looked on a "tier list")

PenUmbra

Smash Apprentice
I thought Tekkaman blade was godly. Idk how different Tekkaman is from Tekkaman blade. Hopefully should be done with modding my Wii soon so I can play T v C since I'm too cheap/broke to buy the game.

lol @ Inferno, Ken isn't in T v C.

I like my Soki/Ryu team, when I learn I might pick up Zero but I doubt it, his low HP is daunting.

Zucco

Smash Master
I thought Tekkaman blade was godly. Idk how different Tekkaman is from Tekkaman blade. Hopefully should be done with modding my Wii soon so I can play T v C since I'm too cheap/broke to buy the game.

lol @ Inferno, Ken isn't in T v C.

I like my Soki/Ryu team, when I learn I might pick up Zero but I doubt it, his low HP is daunting.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Zero is the worst character ever. He has 0 hp and can get grabbed out of everything.

Saki is decent, she has mad resets ("Combo's" that reset the number to 0 to save you from damage scaling.) so you should try learning her.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I decided to use Tekkaman Blade and realized he's awesome. Tekkaman is too slow for me. Can't do much with him. I probably should've said Ken the Eagle. Forgot about Ken from Street Fighter. I really like Zero but I will admit that his hp is crap. Ken the Eagle's lvl 3 ultimate did 3/4 of my health but I like Zero. A lot of fun. I just gotta stop using that dash thing by accident when I wanna do that fire move. (Japanese names. Can't spell them.) I know how a combo into Dark Hold though. I remember when Rookie showed me some of the basic commands at JG's that he used Zero and I think he said he was good. I wouldn't say he's the worst though. Mad that Hayato isn't in because they show him when you beat arcade mode with Tekkaman Blade.

Probably going to use Zero/Tekkaman Blade. Maybe some Saki on the side because I think her air heavy attack > heavy attack is awesome (it is a legit combo btw).

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Nah yo Zero sucks. Half is crap isn't safe on block.

I haven't played as any of the Tatsunoko new guys though, Tekkablade looks mad cool, but i dislike his dash.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Sergio, I may go to Riz' house, so if I forget to hit you up, you know what to do.

Also, we are in DESPERATE need of a title change. I love Wyatt to death, but that's been a while now.

How about "Misses Munk tremendously!"

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Bleachigo, Zero isn't bad at all. He definitely has some of the best rushdown/pressure in the game. He can keep resetting you and going for mixups. 214A/B/C functions well as a mixup/safety tool. He has ******** priority for some reason.

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
I thank everyone for their vote. It's a privilege to join ZB. I'll do everything i can to help the crew.

bschung

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2981-6884-5065
AND it's in my neck of the woods?
Jordan i hope you get enough leeway from schoolwork to hang out with us!!

I thank everyone for their vote. It's a privilege to join ZB. I'll do everything i can to help the crew.
Welcome!

Hype at Rookie getting second in teams at Poly brawl =3
Agreed, i wish i had been there to watch. Good stuff

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

About planning our trip to Orlando: Riddge seems to have been shouldering the bulk of the responsibility for organizing the trip. He has an exam tomorrow, and the two of us are about to be very busy this week robbing old ladies all day, so let's help out!

Please contact me or RJ and let us know if you're willing to volunteer some time to do some research, or delegate this work to others in our party, on some of the following things, and we'll be doing what we can to aggregate the data and give you guys a cost-per-person figure.....

We were most recently discussing the following concerns:

- We do not know what day Brawl begins/ends. Finding this out, or finding out when we can find this out, ... or even an educated guess... will vastly simplify everything and allow us to accurately determine the cost per person for rental and hotel.

- Who / how many of us are going to have lodging & transportation from somewhere other than the hotel room we'd be getting.

- The address of the venue is: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. 700 South Victory Way. Kissimmee, FL 34747. Using this as a search address in something like hotwire.com we might be able to find something cheaper than this: http://www.mlgpro.com/content/alerts/302358/MLG-Orlando-Hotel-Booking-Now-Open-Pro-Circuit-Passes-On-Sale-3-16 ($99 per night, +15.25% tax per night) This particular deal includes a complimentary shuttle to/from the venue/hotel, so i suppose take that into account.

- Donovan, when do you think you will know whether or not you can go?

- Other things: someone find out how much road tolls might add up to. Should be something like 40 or 50 total. Also, another option for cutting costs might be to pick up some communal groceries and make sammiches and stuff for food. Any other cost-cutting ideas are welcome...

Notes / Other thoughts:

- Our most urgent tasks are the reservations for the lodging and for the transportation.

- Don't forget to camp the website on Wednesday March 17 to register for the event itself. You need to have your money for the PASS by then, correct - we each have to buy it online (?)

- Recently there was talk of renting a vehicle that seats 12 or 15 heads. After minimal research this is looking nonviable as these are substantially more expensive per day, seemingly in low supply, and on top of that, they run at 10-13 mpg, while our trip is roughly 2200 miles (a minivan runs at 17-23 mpg or something like that). If someone wants to calculate it and see how much the price difference is, go ahead, idk if dividing the cost by 15 makes it manageable or not.

- Anyone who happens to come across this post, i'm sorry but it seems very likely that we cannot take on any more people.

if i forgot anything RJ please mention

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
Brian, I'll help. I'll talk to you in a little bit.

Yes! haha you're the man dude, i love that plushie.

Super Wario bros. MELEE

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
Alright talked to my roommate and just finished telling Rj i'm good to house a few people i.e. 4/5. Whatever I can do to help. It's likely I'll have school during the event itself unforunately and I won't know for certain until the end of this month.

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
Being as i'm in Florida and haven't met Que yet I need to know his brawl info. He just needs to look at the front page and list who he mains, seconds, etc...then i'll throw it on there. My life here in FL is....taxing but certain friends here make the entire experience worth it. The school itself wasn't much of an adjustment from high school. Life here is random but it has it's quirks.

Overall i say its been good.

Top Bottom