• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Birds of a feather
Boost Kick together

We live and we die
For the crimson flash in the sky

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Lol you two kill me xD.

So I have finished that list of mine I just need to finish recording /uploading it *sigh* -_-0.

@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever did you finish up loading the videos you were doing for the combo list ? I want to watch/ download them so they are encoded into my brain , so I have no johns.

DeLux

The only combo I need does 16 damage fresh and kill obscenely early just saying

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Lol you two kill me xD.

So I have finished that list of mine I just need to finish recording /uploading it *sigh* -_-0.

@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever did you finish up loading the videos you were doing for the combo list ? I want to watch/ download them so they are encoded into my brain , so I have no johns.
Videos are done, and cutting everything together is halfway done.
I'm having a few IRL Johns right now because of exams but it won't take long now

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
That's cool I'm just at wits end at the moment , IRL johns and my lack of a wii u system aside I'm tired of believing u am comfortable with a MU one tourney and then getting straight up exposed on stream by the same character at another tourney.

Going to seriously develop some sort of training routine.

DeLux

Maybe matchups aren't real because the characters aren't real.

DeLux

I'm 100% serious.

I know 0 matchups.

But I know myself and I know my opponents.

Each game is an exercise in empathy and self discovery. If you treat it as such, you can never lose.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I'm 100% serious.

I know 0 matchups.

But I know myself and I know my opponents.

Each game is an exercise in empathy and self discovery. If you treat it as such, you can never lose.
Every time I feel like a MU is hard as hell,
I remember that I can boostkick

DeLux

Sometimes when I don't know what I'm doing, I remember I can do anything.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well **** looks like I stumbled onto the holy grail here. However I still hate Ness I think it's about time to clock in a few hours of Ness gamplay.

But I sure as hell am going to copy what Delux just said save that In my phone for those dark moments in bracket.

NNID
Budget_Player
Anyone have advice approaching small characters? I rely a lot on things like Zair, falling nair, falling uair, and retreating bair, and all of these become obnoxiously hard to land against the little guys like Pikachu and Ness. Any alternatives worth knowing about?

ApolloJustice

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trips97
3DS FC
4399-1028-9689
Switch FC
SW 3765 5242 2129
Anyone have advice approaching small characters? I rely a lot on things like Zair, falling nair, falling uair, and retreating bair, and all of these become obnoxiously hard to land against the little guys like Pikachu and Ness. Any alternatives worth knowing about?
I'd like to say I prefer Plasma Whip but that isn't the best for approaching, Dash Attack is also another option.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I really don't find nair being hard to land against small characters as it hits low. Bair I didn't find to hard after like 10 minutes of learning how to fast fall with it. I like to use ftilts and dsmash as well and maybe some dtilts too.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Stay grounded more often.
Learn to space with down tilt well, you don't want to be getting grabbed from it, but it's good for it's range/low sweep.

Lower angled ftilts, empty short hops to get jab1 pressure.

Personally I think Megaman must be one of the most infuriating characters for ZSS to hit :<
He seems to be apt at popping out of up-b (much like Mac) and his hurtbox must literally be a single rectangle because all those extremities like his HEAD/FEET/ARMS just won't register as hitting him, makes spacing aerials on him grounded ********, nothing works lol.

Last edited:
NNID
Budget_Player
Speaking of small characters! Whoever designed Kirby's crouch hurtbox might be satan. I'm not gonna say he is satan, just that he might be.

****ing christ, I never thought I'd feel the need to pick Pikachu again, but he can literally duck under a dash attack.

A ****ING DASH ATTACK.

:(

DeLux

As a born again Kirby main, your anger gives me strength.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm fine with the idea of having a neutral state akin to crouching that negates mid-height options.

But characters like Pikachu becoming flat as if he is crouched during the animations/lag of a lot of his moveset? Absolute bull ****.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
^ I have been QQing about this from Day 1 man.

We hunt down bounties from all over the galaxy just to be done in by small AF puffball.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
^ I have been QQing about this from Day 1 man.

We hunt down bounties from all over the galaxy just to be done in by small AF puffball.
Have you guys actually ever encountered a Jiggs that uses her crouch?
All my pink deathball enemies try to only be deadly in the air.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Yes and no it's mainly just for lasers I've yet to feel the salt inducing Crouch to Rest for whiffed grab punishes.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I met this one jigs who at first tried to use crouching but I still hit him because I was playing careful and he just stopped being on the ground. He didn't seem like he fully new what to do when I just didn't whiff.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I once had a Kirby that tried to crouch below all my attacks but the grab still connected so he was pretty much screwed.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
screw it i'm just going to fast fall up air all the crouchers.

I felt really silly today when I realised how overtly relying on Nair for landing / spacing was killing me.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
screw it i'm just going to fast fall up air all the crouchers.

I felt really silly today when I realised how overtly relying on Nair for landing / spacing was killing me.
Funniest part is we get much more out of a landing uAir than a landing nAir. Every uAir after ~40% can be a death sentence to our enemies. Downside is that uAir is quite a bit less safe.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Funniest part is we get much more out of a landing uAir than a landing nAir. Every uAir after ~40% can be a death sentence to our enemies. Downside is that uAir is quite a bit less safe.
What about falling up air to panic up tilt what could possibly go wrong ? XD

Well to be honest the reason the up tilts ever hit is because the person was to dumb Or hungry for the punish ; p.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Zair and nair outspacing sheik in the air reliably is pretty good. Our Bair will trade or win against fair.
Down-b bouncing fish for RESULTS.
Jab OOS the goat.

Last edited:

CatStache

Smash Cadet
NNID
CatStache
I don't know what to do about the Link match up. I get zoned so hard by projectiles and I can't get up in his face because of the boomerang. As far I can see I have no approach and my one of my 2 range options (laser) is mostly useless because of his shield. If I some how by some miracle get him in the air I can't follow up with up b or Up air otherwise I get hit by his down air. Don't even get me started on his Up smash.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I don't know what to do about the Link match up. I get zoned so hard by projectiles and I can't get up in his face because of the boomerang. As far I can see I have no approach and my one of my 2 range options (laser) is mostly useless because of his shield. If I some how by some miracle get him in the air I can't follow up with up b or Up air otherwise I get hit by his down air. Don't even get me started on his Up smash.
dSpecial and SH nAir FF is all you ever need against his projectiles. If he starts to do the roll > dSmash spam just dSmash or spot dodge > uTilt.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Zair will go through certain projectiles
Down b is your friend
Walk up powershield