• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I didn't mean as an attack, I meant as your mobility tool for freely getting in on him, most likely a cross over or in front of his face (w/risk). If you want to attack it would be the reverse/spike kick once you've crossed over him.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also learn the height which you have to be off the ground when you down-b so you can jump/act before landing, that allows you to mix up/confuse people with your down-b options significantly. I would almost call it the "guaranteed down air" set up :3

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Just got back from a tournament. Unfortunatly I could not do singles because I was not aware of the registation online before hand but I got to do doubles. I was partners with a greninja player, who also used lucario a couple times, and we took out a shulk-ike team. We got knocked out by a villager-villager team. Something weird happened though the villagers were pocketing their tree and using it against us. I used usmash against their tree once and it clanked with it leaving me unharmed but with a ton of recovery frames. I didn't know that usmash clanked with tree.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
upsmash clanks with literally almost all things considered projectiles that can be hit.
stuff like fox/falco lasers can't but stuff like warios bike ,robins book robs gyro can. I use it to negate stuff alot but i guess recovery frames depend on how much of a truck the projectile hits like.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Pretty much everythings clanks with... everything in this game. The more damaging/KB move puts the other person into more stun frames, so you can follow up.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I just watched Smash4ever12 and realized that the uairs up b combo are insta kills with rage on all stages no platforms required well at least on bf. This is because the rage on up b makes the first hit kill off the top if it hits at all near the top.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
^ So thats why i keep dying even though there are no sparks and the last hit doesnt connect.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Lol, wtf are we supposed to do vs. a campy crouching Kirby player? Dtilt too slow, can't Fsmash, can't grab, can't paralyzer, can't side B or down B without hitting shield. If they're too smart for empty hops it's just punish punish punish on their part.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Lol, wtf are we supposed to do vs. a campy crouching Kirby player? Dtilt too slow, can't Fsmash, can't grab, can't paralyzer, can't side B or down B without hitting shield. If they're too smart for empty hops it's just punish punish punish on their part.
You can actually grab a crouching Kirby.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Unleash the cracken or spaced cracken.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Learn to perfect pivot down smash soon to be our bread and butter.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
It's really iffy. It definitely is on a very limited portion of the grab. I'm in a 120+ man tourney right now and drew the same Kirby player at the start of bracket. Even near the tip I felt like I was getting 30% of those grabs against the crouch. Beat him though.

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Congrats on overcoming it and beating him and good luck in the rest of the tournament.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Damn man I lost to a palutena and chillangette(female chillenger)
yesterday 4 man swiSS tourney placed 7th.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Damn man I lost to a palutena and chillangette(female chillenger)
yesterday 4 man swiSS tourney placed 7th.
Palutena without customs? Was he really good or did you have a bad day?
Her neutral is solid anyway and she kills kinda early.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
He's pretty good he can warp cancel really well I'll find the stream link and I definitely don't think i can just chalk it up to lack of mu and bad day that's not an excuse I need get a wii u and seriously practice and stop Johning. I literally just throw games and sets out the window.

I seem to have misplaced the remote to my switch to play well I need to set it to on all the time but seem to fluctuate on and off at the most random times. ( maybe it needs new batteries).

Last edited:

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Yeah, **** that was pretty intense and hype.

plus the Mario meta has been redefined forever, all hail the F.L.U.D.D.

JTsm

Smash Master
Hello. Just starting to main Zss since she has a lot of potential. Did main Sheik for a bit, but she's not rewarding enough (no killing options). Wii fit trainer will still be my secondary. She's too funny and awesome to not play. But yeah I can't wait to demolish peeps with sexy heels.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I read "potential" as "problems" unintentionally LOL

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
The idea that Sheik lacks killing options is one of the biggest misconceptions since the release of this game.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I don't exactly know kill options but kill power is definitely not good. Yeah usmash kills at 100 when sweet spotted and up b can kill but good luck hitting those on competent players. Her other I guess reliable kill moves bf and Bair don't kill Mario from the ledge until 120.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Sheik: No reliable kill moves. Tons of kill setups though, and a monstrous Edgeguarding game

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Sheik: No reliable kill moves. Tons of kill setups though, and a monstrous Edgeguarding game
yeah i have seen the art of shiek **** is messed up man, I am going to practice them when i get either my borrowed sister 3ds (old,crappy and the R button has an attitude!) or the cash to buy my wii you I will only need a cheap wii mote since i have the single may flash adapter.

Anyways those grenades rewarding her twice as much for negating our lasers doh...

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I don't exactly know kill options but kill power is definitely not good. Yeah usmash kills at 100 when sweet spotted and up b can kill but good luck hitting those on competent players. Her other I guess reliable kill moves bf and Bair don't kill Mario from the ledge until 120.
I get killed by usmash and vanish all the time >_>

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
I get killed by usmash and vanish all the time >_>
If you're being caught by it, don't AD if you get Dthrown; it's a mix-up between Uair and Vanish.
Air Dodge: gettin' Vanish'd
No airdodge (or too slow/low acceleration of a jump): Uair
Jump: Get away, have no midair jump though

Also, Usmash can tipper on tall characters (like ZSS) if done close enough, and it kills pretty early tippered. Also, there are a lot of setups where you'll get killed if you don't react in time. Don't think any are guaranteed though?

Otherwise, I don't think you should be getting killed by Vanish much outside of hard reads and whiffed Boost Kick punishes; when're they catching you?

Hmm... I wonder if you can counter Flip Kick by Vanishing once they've committed; I'll have to test that....
(Sheik VS ZSS is likely to become my most-played matchup in the future, with ZSS ditto being a close second; my training partner @gmanownyou is switching to maining ZSS and I'm picking her up as a dual-main, so I'll mention any tips I figure out)

No Jaxas, you are the enemy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom