• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
thats pretty weird since your saying insta kill im assuming you were not comboing someone and had them die of the top because boost kick pushed them up a bit, like on stages like halbert with low ceilings?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
thats pretty weird since your saying insta kill im assuming you were not comboing someone and had them die of the top because boost kick pushed them up a bit, like on stages like halbert with low ceilings?
Nah. It was this specific thing. The big x showed up as well. I will make a video in about an hour.

@ pichuthedk pichuthedk here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykIza17f36s&feature=youtu.be
My guess is that it's related to your upward movement speed before the uSpecial.
I made the version you meant (popping the opponent beyond the blastzone with a weak uSpecial hit) in the very same fight so I'm a 100% sure this is what we are looking for.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Hmmmm so the double jump seems to proc it , The other video that was going around had her at the ledge jumping and boost kicking it.

This sorta seems like it makes sense but there has to be something were missing, I guess angle you boost kick them from ( so that the first launch hit is the only hit) , rage and vertical momentum are what we have to look at in regards to this.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Hmmmm so the double jump seems to proc it , The other video that was going around had her at the ledge jumping and boost kicking it.

This sorta seems like it makes sense but there has to be something were missing, I guess angle you boost kick them from ( so that the first launch hit is the only hit) , rage and vertical momentum are what we have to look at in regards to this.
Maybe we could create a custom stage to make tests easier. I put it on my to do list but I still have to record a few combos for the combo video thread. I hope I get at least that done this weekend.

David Viran

Smash Lord
It was all the rage you had. I'm starting to notice more to and I could see this happening in a real tournament match like on the top battlefeild platform with alot of rage and up b will insta kill at any percent.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Had to sleep so I missed quite a lot of stuff, how the hell is Choco out already. Also what about NickRiddle? I didn't see him at all.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Just found out that nAir FF > fSmash combos from 8% to ~30%, but you have to dash cancel fSmash at 30. Ez 26%.

Edit: oh and uSmash combos into uAir and fAir.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I think nairo should have went zss instead of robin against dabuz but i'm not nairo and the decision was already made. I hate how all those good players got knocked out in pools, because of some bad seeding, and not even streaming any.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I like to up smash after Down Smash
Yeah, I do that pretty often too to leave my uSpecial fresh. I started wondering why the uAir seemed to connect every time and just found out that it's actually a true combo. One of the very few times I did something right just by instinct :nifty:
It's also my favourite follow up after a dSpecial bury at low percent.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
All you Zss's with swag I'm still being lame and boost kicking after burials.

Laser is a free grab when it's charged anyways so pummel X2 -> d throw auto combos for days. XD

Won a single EliM 1v1 tournament aND the double Elim 1v1 as well at a game store yesterday, my god little mac is a menace when they are competent and don't play on fd...

can someone with a partner confirm vs pikachu sh b reveresed side b beats his sh neutral b , I had side b's first hit box negates the ball and follow through with the blast one. I couldn't remember factors like rage and found it annoying trying to zair Pikachu and his lingering moves =[.

Last edited:

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Apex update from me.

Got I believe 25th? Could be slightly loser, not sure, but thats what I was told.

Notable wins were K9's Sheik (streamed) and Junebug's Lucario. Lost to Mr. R and Shaky.

Got some work to do but I'll be back.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
I know that some among us have uh, strong negative opinions re: Side B, but can we acknowledge that it is absurdly effective at shutting down Wario bike? And Koopa Clown Car? Are there other potential MU specific uses where it shines? Does it let us get in vs. Olimar?

David Viran

Smash Lord
Apex update from me.

Got I believe 25th? Could be slightly loser, not sure, but thats what I was told.

Notable wins were K9's Sheik (streamed) and Junebug's Lucario. Lost to Mr. R and Shaky.

Got some work to do but I'll be back.
I think you did the best out of the zss's too. Choco got demolished by seeding, I don't actually know what nick riddle placed and nairo decided not to use her.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
I think you did the best out of the zss's too. Choco got demolished by seeding, I don't actually know what nick riddle placed and nairo decided not to use her.
I used Robin ZSS and both pits I beat some people jmiller with zss after he beat nick riddle I just only had 2 stream sets that I didnt use ZSS in.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I used Robin ZSS and both pits I beat some people jmiller with zss after he beat nick riddle I just only had 2 stream sets that I didnt use ZSS in.
Ok I did not know that. I thought I heard you did not use her at all.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I know that some among us have uh, strong negative opinions re: Side B, but can we acknowledge that it is absurdly effective at shutting down Wario bike? And Koopa Clown Car? Are there other potential MU specific uses where it shines? Does it let us get in vs. Olimar?
Even against Wario it's pretty awful because it has so much startup. If they don't start to bike miles away and change speed you will just end up getting hit. SH aerial is a much safer, faster and harder hitting option. Clown cars will just jump. If you want to force a jump or get a better punish just nSpecial them.

A good example for Wario are the Leon sets against Glutonny, which you can find in our video thread.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Woah wait side b warios bike eh even standing up? because I got annoyed with the motorcycle MU and just kept sh ff nairing him ( aiming for near the end of the animation for that ridiculous coverage). I noticed it generally always takes him off his bike.

You can also downsmash him if he doesn't wheelie maybe like PP down smash he might not react.
Grab works to surprisingly.

Also since the zss's got murdered what were the harder MU's that you had trouble with?
might be better to work in that direction for now.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Woah wait side b warios bike eh even standing up? because I got annoyed with the motorcycle MU and just kept sh ff nairing him ( aiming for near the end of the animation for that ridiculous coverage). I noticed it generally always takes him off his bike.

You can also downsmash him if he doesn't wheelie maybe like PP down smash he might not react.

Also since the zss's got murdered what were the harder MU's that you had trouble with?
Don't know much about Zero Suit's options in that situation, but as a Ganondorf player, I can elaborate on the grab option. Grabs seem to just pluck Wario off of his bike. Ganondorf's side b, which is a command grab, grabs Wario through the bike consistently. It makes sense that a disjointed grab like yours would do no less. This seems like a godsend to me, as your grab game is really rewarding. Make Wario fear that grab, and he'll bike less, guaranteed.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord

Well I don't think hard MU's were really what took out the zss's. Nick riddle lost to luigi but then nairo took luigi out with zss right after.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Finally done recording the Diddy combos. I ended up recording over 80 videos with a combined length of over an hour. Some videos took far more than a dozen tries and I fear especially the first third might be a bit sloppy but whatever. I'll just need to cut everything together and I can present it to you guys coming Thursday I think.
Also @ pichuthedk pichuthedk I finally got your nSpecial > dSmash > dash attack combo to work. Someone should have told me that c-stick attack inputs don't cancel dash into fSmash like a normal attack button input does. :mad088:

Last edited:

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Even against Wario it's pretty awful because it has so much startup. If they don't start to bike miles away and change speed you will just end up getting hit. SH aerial is a much safer, faster and harder hitting option. Clown cars will just jump. If you want to force a jump or get a better punish just nSpecial them.

A good example for Wario are the Leon sets against Glutonny, which you can find in our video thread.
SH aerial is a more optimal punish but I disagree about safer, because even Nair covers like 50% less distance.

Just try it once or twice, I think you'll be surprised at the deterrent effect because of just how far away you can be and still explode his ass off the bike.

You are correct in that Paralyzer is probably the much better option vs. Clown car, though I think some stage control situations can still call for using it as a tool for bullying space.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
SH aerial is a more optimal punish but I disagree about safer, because even Nair covers like 50% less distance.

Just try it once or twice, I think you'll be surprised at the deterrent effect because of just how far away you can be and still explode his *** off the bike.

You are correct in that Paralyzer is probably the much better option vs. Clown car, though I think some stage control situations can still call for using it as a tool for bullying space.
One of my friends is a Wario main though :drohyou: I started out with sSpecial too. If he somewhat times his approach it's pretty awful.
Again look at Leon's videos. He tries it a few times too and it hardly works. Also SH aerial is safer because the vertical SH distance is already enough to not get hit by the bike.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Finally done recording the Diddy combos. I ended up recording over 80 videos with a combined length of over an hour. Some videos took far more than a dozen tries and I fear especially the first third might be a bit sloppy but whatever. I'll just need to cut everything together and I can present it to you guys coming Thursday I think.
Also @ pichuthedk pichuthedk I finally got your nSpecial > dSmash > dash attack combo to work. Someone should have told me that c-stick attack inputs don't cancel dash into fSmash like a normal attack button input does. :mad088:
LOL well i guess i should have asked your input for that combo THAT combo also has the ability to F-Smash as a finisher as well.

@ David Viran David Viran
Never got to see them i'm around abadango vs ninja link or some crap atm IRL johns probably.

Also I coulda sworn Paralyzer works on Bowser Jr. not the clown car. It will damage it but the cart has super armor.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
LOL well i guess i should have asked your input for that combo THAT combo also has the ability to F-Smash as a finisher as well.

@ David Viran David Viran
Never got to see them i'm around abadango vs ninja link or some crap atm IRL johns probably.

Also I coulda sworn Paralyzer works on Bowser Jr. not the clown car. It will damage it but the cart has super armor.
Okay fSmash does definitely, to a 100%, swear on me mum, I did not have sexual relations with that woman not work

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Lol I KNOW RIGHT man I am starting to feel not so useless after all T.T now if only I could get a wii u and start streaming.... Too bad that it's already way past late in regards to making that extra income with subscribing.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
So i forgot to mention this when the subject of side b came up but there is a MU it's somewhat legit in and that would definitely be Rosa , I was in bracket last saturday Vs my friends rosa ( we played smash since melee).

In the set there was one instance where I knocked him away while luma was still there chilling(maybe i had hit him or something), I side b'd him and then sh side b'd him again and again when he kept landing it seemed to be literally a true combo.

Another note using Zair in that MU is imperative there was like 30 instances where he tried to attack me via aerial and zair kept hitting luma as he went to swing but then he was hit took dmg and his action was completely halted which was good for me because if I hit luma I definitely hit Rosa.

Lastly THAT FEEL WHEN YOU REALIZE YOU TIED WITH HOLY xD

http://smashboards.com/threads/neo-canadia-5-dimensional-paradox.389863/

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
@DeLux this is it, I finally see the light, I finally fully, completely understand "live by the boostkick, die by the boostkick".

I just had the greatest two dozen matches against a Pit player who was really really good.
Most matches were decided after his 45% mark. If I could hit the dThrow > uAir uAir uSpecial combo I won, if not I pretty much lost. His neutral was far better than mine so I had to rely on grabs, but anything after him being over 45% was a struggle.
But then I finally managed multiple times to hit the dThrow > uSpecial combo at over 90% which needs pretty much perfect execution, and I felt like I ascended to a new personal level.
thanks for reading my blog

DeLux is my Jedi master ghost mentor, even if he doesn't want to

Last edited:
Top Bottom