• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Zero Suit/Samus in Shorts Social

David Viran

Smash Lord
In diddy mu I was wondering if it was possible to sh/full hop FF zair all his nana pulls since they normally jump and up away from you, land the zair and grab it then just keep away from him for a bit of time.

With her run speed we should be able to bait the "safe range" and run at him when ever we see him feeling safe, anticipating a sh/full hop nana pull possibly.
That's kinda what I was talking about how he shouldn't be able to pull out a banana for free most of the time. I could see Zair working as a way to safely pressure him then on hit confirm grab the banana.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Wait for the shield to diminish~
Become the reaction time.
Lol if only it was that easy. It takes years for shields to diminish in this game.

In diddy mu I was wondering if it was possible to sh/full hop FF zair all his nana pulls since they normally jump and up away from you, land the zair and grab it then just keep away from him for a bit of time.

It works, but we can get faired if we try to do it again

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
What's the point of losing if it doesn't mean anything?

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Just hoping I get someone's attention. Requests like these tend to be ignored 90% of the time.
Well I would but our connection would be awful. Stop being Murrican please.

@ Dakpo Dakpo what do you think about our crouch vs SH fAir and fSpecial? We can duck below both and is especially strong against Diddys fSpecial mixup since we can stop playing the guessing game.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Anyone have tips for setting up Back Airs?
Frame trap like if they are in the air close to the ground you can Bair force the air dodge and Bair them again when they have the landing lag. Uair to Bair does work at certain percents.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I've been playing so much Diddy Kong guys :)
Are you having fun? Do you like Diddy Kong because you liked Donkey Kong Country? Does Diddy just click with you? Good, you're not one of those folks who flock over to high tiers and expect wins like they were rotting off of trees.

I feel bad about people who genuinely like certain characters, but get ripped on for it because of tier placement or whatnot. Yeah, there's lots of Little Macs, but some people grew up and loved Punch Out!!, others love boxing and seeing a boxer playable is just awesome for them, and some just like his play style. This goes for every character.

DeLux

I've been on the Diddy train since day zero. Mod the subforum even lol

I just stopped using him for the most part outside of doubles and a couple singles sets because he's bad for the game, but been doing Apex prep for people and using Diddy to help them learn the MU.

Like all other video games, I dislike Donkey Kong Country.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I've been on the Diddy train since day zero. Mod the subforum even lol

I just stopped using him for the most part outside of doubles and a couple singles sets because he's bad for the game, but been doing Apex prep for people and using Diddy to help them learn the MU.
As long as you don't drop ZSS as main

DeLux

I've actually had quite a few people ask me when my next "video" is coming out, which I've been promising for a month.

It's been delayed since I've been mostly using Diddy for practice and have had quite a bit of life drama preoccupying me lol

I do know the next topic though :p

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I've actually had quite a few people ask me when my next "video" is coming out, which I've been promising for a month.

It's been delayed since I've been mostly using Diddy for practice and have had quite a bit of life drama preoccupying me lol

I do know the next topic though :p
My answer stays the same :ness:

David Viran

Smash Lord
@ Dakpo Dakpo just watched your loss to aerolink in shock wave 15 and is that why you randomly stated that the Diddy MU was terrible. Tbh not to be rude but when you pulled out zss that was mostly you like you whiffed almost every attack you threw out and you threw out a lot of unsafe moves. It kind of looked like you panicked when Diddy had a banana in hand. Have you seen any choco vs rain videos because there probably the best showcasing of this MU.

Please don't hurt me.

Edit: hype choco and nairo in the same tournament.

http://www.twitch.tv/rushhoursmash

Last edited:

Dakpo

Smash Lord
@ Dakpo Dakpo just watched your loss to aerolink in shock wave 15 and is that why you randomly stated that the Diddy MU was terrible. Tbh not to be rude but when you pulled out zss that was mostly you like you whiffed almost every attack you threw out and you threw out a lot of unsafe moves. It kind of looked like you panicked when Diddy had a banana in hand. Have you seen any choco vs rain videos because there probably the best showcasing of this MU.

Please don't hurt me.

Edit: hype choco and nairo in the same tournament.

http://www.twitch.tv/rushhoursmash
I panicked that game , that was awful because I had commentators telling me I couldn't do anything and I was basically awful at the game while trying to play. I'm going to be wearing headphones next time I play on stream.

Did you see my winners semi set? That was me playing a lot better. Luigi is also just way better in the match-up

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
I panicked that game , that was awful because I had commentators telling me I couldn't do anything and I was basically awful at the game while trying to play. I'm going to be wearing headphones next time I play on stream.

Did you see my winners semi set? That was me playing a lot better. Luigi is also just way better in the match-up
I really don't think the MU is enough to warant a secondary but you can if you want to.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Luigi is a co-main for me, not a secondary. I might use him for pika and fox as well. Not sure how I feel about it yet

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm still playing a lot of characters, but I might main puff for good and put zss as a secondary.

Tbh, I just like playing almost all of them.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
In the tournament last night on Rushhoursmashs twitch. Best match in the whole tournament imo.
sounds good, will have a look at it as soon as I'm home.

Just watched it, pretty neato. Nairo overall played great. I ended up watching all of his matches. It's so nice to see some underused characters.

Last edited:

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Choco got exposed along with the rest of Japan. But who know,maybe they could take apex! I hope to see more Zss from nairo, he is finally starting to look like an actual Zss main. He's going to be a monster. He just needs to work on picking optimal options

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Choco got exposed along with the rest of Japan. But who know,mother could take apex! I hope to see my Zss from nairo, he is finally starting to look like an actual Zss main. He's going to be a monster. He just needs to work on picking optimal options
Yeah, Nairos ZSSamus really looks better with every new tourney he attends. I still feel he has some unused potential in his punishing game though.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Sidebets on Choco vs. Nairo placing at Apex?
I'd say both at least top 16 with Nairo a bit higher because he is so versatile.
I'm pretty convinced that ZeRo will win the whole thing though, hopefully someone proves me wrong.
I'm very hyped for NickRiddle too and I'm looking forward to his solution against Diddy.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Hmm sucks I opted out of apex at the last minute because I heard of some dreaded "ice storm." that was supposedly gonna be on our driving route but meh... guess I'll try to save for Evo and not be a scrub...

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Hmm sucks I opted out of apex at the last minute because I heard of some dreaded "ice storm." that was supposedly gonna be on our driving route but meh... guess I'll try to save for Evo and not be a scrub...
I thought you couldn't go anyway because of

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Yeah that was the case originally but I decided that I shouled strive to have it all which would have worked out somehow (I think?).
TL Dr someone was giving me their spot by just changing their tag to Ryoko then I had carpool and hotel setup.

The only thing that kinda posed a risk was this ice storm that I heard might be "worst in recorded history" or some crap just more of my IRL RNG* sigh*

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Yeah that was the case originally but I decided that I shouled strive to have it all which would have worked out somehow (I think?).
TL Dr someone was giving me their spot by just changing their tag to Ryoko then I had carpool and hotel setup.

The only thing that kinda posed a risk was this ice storm that I heard might be "worst in recorded history" or some crap just more of my IRL RNG* sigh*
Well that's a bummer. Try to see it from the positive side, Apex will go full force without interruptions caused by bad weather.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong. The Hotel is going to get sued into the shadow realm.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
*sniffle* oh i feel bad for those effected by thisbut lady karma are you finally taking notice to my misfortunes and are temporarily releasing me from my misery?

god damn man we were suppose to drive there that might have been instant loss of 4 stocks since there was 4 of us for the car pool. Really hope no one was injured.

@ Tobi_Whatever Tobi_Whatever yeah your prob right im wondering how that even managed to get so bad they should have had ample time to get the salt thrown down there so that wasn't as big a build up (instead of waiting for smashers to get mad after losing sets).

My lap top is my life man despite it not being that good I just see the water damage ****ing up my **** so easily.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
You guys remember this strange instakill glitch with uSpecial? I just did that... In the air, after an uAir.

Edit: Just checked all the brackets. I can only guess against what they lost since they don't fully update those but whatever.
So only one (sort of) ZSS main is left.

Last edited:
Top Bottom