• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Zelda Interview Thread - Ask Kisamealex3 questions.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Do you use any other characters in doubles besides Zelda?
How come you use two names that give out completely different impressions?
Are you going to participate to singles again soon?
What is your current goal in tournament play?
Are you ever going to change your avatar?
What was the last song you listened to?
Are you going to dethrone DM from the number one spot of power rankings?
Is there anything that would make you stop using Zelda?
What is your worst nightmare?
If you could buy anything (but only one thing) for free, what would you choose?
How often do you find yourself thinking deep things like the afterlife or the mysteries of the universe?
Do you have good memory?
What three adjectives describe you best?
What's the best joke you've ever heard? What about the worst?
Why is it so hard for me to come up with questions for you?
Which of the following smilies best defines your current mood?
:laugh::(:ohwell::mad::psycho::urg::love:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay... RIOT:

- I remember a long way back, you commented on how your zelda style differs slightly from other top zeldas you've seen. Has this style maintained? And if so what's different about it?
- Which matchup(s) do feel most confident in regarding top tier?
- What are your most confident/successful matchups in general?
- Is there a particular matchup where you, personally, feel hopeless using Zelda?
- When will you be returning to singles play?
- Why does peach compliment zelda well in doubles?
- Shock! Horror! You like Din's Fire! Why is this? What applications of din's fire are you noticing that other zeldas are lacking?

- Are you a psycho? =p
- If not, why the double name?
- If yes, wow!
- If you could change your name, to what would you change it to?
- If you could change my stupid, hideous, terrible, bad, awful username, to what would you change it to? (and why on earth would you need to?!) :mad:

- animated or live action films? favourite movie of all time?
- how good are you at bust-a-groove? which character do you use?
- career choices? and why?
- I know you do animation... don't you just ****ing hate rendering????!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

- One word to describe zelda boards?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Riot

Does the Zelda boards upset you?

How does it make you feel when people say Zelda has no rep?

Do you agree with Zelda's match up list?

What's your favorite match up against a high tier character?

What's your least favorite match up against a high tier character?

You ever think about dropping Zelda?

MrEh

Smash Hero
Questions will be accepted until Wednesday. If you haven't asked anything yet, make sure you get some questions in.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Well, the deadline extension was specifically aimed at those who haven't asked questions yet.

But it doesn't matter. If no one's asking, then there'll just be more room for Bandit questions. lol

Bandit

Smash Lord
Well, the deadline extension was specifically aimed at those who haven't asked questions yet.

But it doesn't matter. If no one's asking, then there'll just be more room for Bandit questions. lol
Yeah, I figured, and I am stumped at the moment to come up with another question run like I normally do.

Other Zeldas (& Non-Zeldas) have to step it up!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Later tonight..... I'll post some.

Every time I've thought about it, I haven't been able to come up with anything. x.x

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Sorry for the double post. >< And if I repeat questions..... I don't read everyone else's. ;;

What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you recently?

If you could give only one piece of Brawl Zelda-related advice before disappearing from the boards forever, what would it be?

Have you ever considered switching to a "better" main? If you weren't maining Zelda, who would you replace her with?

If you were given the power to change the world in one significant way, what would you change?

What does you craziest pair of boxers look like? (I heard once that every guy has at least one weird pair......)

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Who's one person, alive or deceased, real or fictional, you'd love to meet if you had the chance?

Which game in the Smash series has been your favorite and why?

How do you plan to make it up to me for missing Pound 4? >=(

If a witch offered to turn you into a girl for just 24 hours (and no one would recognize you or ever know), would you take her offer? If yes, what would you spend the day doing?

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
if you go to college, whats has been your favorite class so far?

whats your favorite flower?

do you want to meet all the zelda here irl?

marth or martha?

what color scheme would you give to your bathroom?

why does it seem that no one knows you enough to ask a variety of questions?

do you think all people should have a relationship at some point, or that some people are destined for single lives?

must i ask a brawl related question to not break the chain of everyone else including one? if so, do you apply wavebounce dins at all into your playstyle? :3

like X-men? who's your favorite?

how many infractions have you gotten since being on SWF?

when buying a new calendar, do you care what it looks like?

KayLo! or kaylo?

are my questions random enough for you?

MrEh

Smash Hero
Questions sent in. Due to the low amount of questions actually being submitted, nearly everyone got like 10 of their questions sent in. yay

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
But Riot, I wanna know your answers! NAO! :mad:!

Also, it just kills me to see this forum so dead. x.x

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I didn't know trolls got sick. :confused:

But seriously, I hope he's feeling better now!

MrEh

Smash Hero
Third Victim: Riot
New England Thunder!!!

Kataefi
-I remember a long way back, you commented on how your zelda style differs slightly from other top zeldas you've seen. Has this style maintained? And if so what's different about it?

Other top… Zeldas… plural? Back when I said that it was DarkM and me pretty much, and I was barely known. The main difference I was talking about though is that my Zelda tends to stay grounded more than others. I find myself more able to play effectively if I am grounded, that’s not to say that I don’t go air-borne I just feel that a lot of other Zelda players tend to be in the air more so than on the ground. This style has maintained for me, but I have become just as comfortable in the air as on the ground.

-Which matchup(s) do feel most confident in regarding top tier?

Snake, Metaknight, and Ice Climbers.

-What are your most confident/successful matchups in general?

Snake, and Metaknight. Mostly because there aren’t many other characters to play against at tournaments.

-Is there a particular matchup where you, personally, feel hopeless using Zelda?

Excellent Olimars, G&Ws, and Falcos give me that hopeless feeling.

-When will you be returning to singles play?

G.R.O.A.T (Greates Regional of All Time) August 24th. Then APEX, after groat hopefully I will be back into the singles groove.

-Why does peach compliment zelda well in doubles?

Zelda’s general lack of maneuverability is remedied by Peach’s obnoxious speed and float ability. Peach’s inability to kill before the late 100’s is fixed by Zelda. Peach’s ability to hit opponents multiple times opens up opportunities to add an extra 10% damage on average every 5 or so seconds, and each Din’s hit opens up another chance for Peach to hit again using her maneuverability. Peach’s air moves also cancel Din’s nicely (She can nair to cancel Din’s and then drop on top of an opponent to apply more pressure or hit). If Peach get’s gimped Zelda can Din’s her allowing her to attempt recovering again. If the need arises a wall of camp can be effective using turnips and Din’s as long as you allow the turnip to hit first so you don’t destroy it, oftentimes people try to dodge the turnip is some way which means they get hit by Din’s. There could be more… but I think you get the point.

-Shock! Horror! You like Din's Fire! Why is this? What applications of din's fire are you noticing that other zeldas are lacking?

I feel that most Zeldas simply don’t have a full understanding of exactly how huge this projectile can get and how to manipulate it properly to use it’s range. Also, if you are not going to chase the opponent of stage there is no reason not to continue applying pressure with it, unless you want them to have time to think…

-Are you a psycho? =p

I’ve been told before that I am… so perhaps?

-If not, why the double name?

GodAtHand was created in 2000 when I had to create a Battle.net account in order to play Diablo II online. I was almost 10 and I had to think of a clever name that was still available… I’m not very religious but I liked the idea of me considering myself god-like (especially when playing Diablo). Believe it or not this is actually taken on a lot of forms and game sites… I don’t know if someone stole it or if I thought of it after someone else did… but I thought that was weird since it doesn’t even sound cool.
Riot was a development from the early years of Myspace. I had quite a few friends, a lot of whom I had never met or heard of, and my name at the time was “Roberts a Riot” meaning I’m funny. Once a few people started getting popular by using their “Myspace” names I took out the “s a” and became Robert Riot. It has stuck with me since, and I have been using it for projects, games, and tags. If I could I would switch my smashboards name to Riot, but I am sure that it is occupied.

-If yes, wow!

That’s not even a question how did it get here?

-If you could change your name, to what would you change it to?

Real name? or Smashboards name? I already answered smashboards one so… umm. I don’t think I would change my real name… it would have to be something awesome and I don’t have any ideas.

-If you could change my stupid, hideous, terrible, bad, awful username, to what would you change it to? (and why on earth would you need to?!)

Something more British, Kataefi isn’t the most obviously British thing ever so… Crumpets, or Blimey.

-Animated or live action films? Favourite movie of all time?

Both. Hahaha. You spelt favorite the British way! Hmm… I currently might go with Princess Mononoke because I never get sick of it.

-How good are you at bust-a-groove? Which character do you use?

I played as Kitty-N. How good was I? You know that super awesome Pander stage? I could perfect it on Mix mode with Kitty-N. I doubt I can now though…

-Career choices? And why?

I’ve always had the crazy notion that I wanted to be able to live for my work, and not work to live. I think something having to do with video games would provide me with that feeling since video games make me happy.

-I know you do animation... don't you just ****ing hate rendering????!!!!!

Yes.

-One word to describe zelda boards?

Vacillating.

AzNFinesse
-If you could dye your hair any color other than your current color what would it be?

I have had my hair dyed with red streaks before and that was cool. I would actually like to try any number of colors in my hair, it is just too expensive to experiment with that though. Right now I would try white though, pure white.

-What is your favorite sauce to dip your fries in?

Ketchup.

-What made you want to play Zelda?

I was playing Zelda in melee and I had already decided to play her in brawl since she was obviously returning. The only way I would not have played her is if they introduced a character I like more.

-Besides Zelda, what other characters do you like to play (mainly in friendlies)?

I often say to people that I secondary random. If I am not playing Zelda I am playing as Random, or just maybe Captain Falcon or Ness.

-What is your favorite anime?

The Slayers, followed closely by Sailor Moon and Hunter X Hunter.

-If you could create an anime, what would it be about?

I can’t say because it would probably be an awesome game as well, but I think it would have a strong female protagonist.

Bandit
-What came first... Riot or GodAtHand?

GodAthand

-Do you have a Bostonian accent?

Not 100%. There are pieces of it in certain words in my vocabulary though. I tend to lose the Rs when I get angry or agitated. For example “Fack dat ****.”

-Could you record yourself saying Harvard yard?

Yes, but I don’t plan on it! My voice is wildly insufferable.

-Do you like sports teams?

I don’t follow any sports. The only time I watch sports is when the Red Sox or Patriots are in their respective finales.

-Have you been to Fenway Park?

Yes. On more than one occasion, but I don’t think I have ever been there for a sporting event.

-What is the hot spot in Boston?

Hahaha, umm… the Hynes last weekend.

-Where are we going if I come up there?

Uhh. I can’t get into bars yet… I know where all the nerdy spots are though. I can get us to the Aquarium, Museum of Fine Arts, Science Museum, Comics and Collectables stores. And if it is during early summer we could go to Anime Boston!!! (Unless you don’t like anime/video games.)

-Do you listen to the stereo while watching tv?

Stereo? When are we the 90’s? No, I don ‘t typically listen to music while watching TV. I do like to listen to music OR watch TV while using the computer though.

-Is it because you like to party?

It seems I have missed a reference. O_O

-What other skills do you have?

Hmm… I am good at most tests and videography and the like, I have also been told that my words can cut people better than knives (I don’t know if that’s a good skill though).

-What is your favorite meal to make?

Make… as in cook? My favorite thing to cook for myself is noodles (asian style), and for other people is miso soup and sushi, or baked things… I like making cakes. >_>

-Are you going to school?

Yes, I am currently in college for Digital Media.

-What is your real name?

Robert Alan Perocchi (per-rocky)

-Is there an article of clothing that you wear that sets you apart from others?

I have a silver Sleeping Lion Heart necklace. (The same that Squall wears in FFVIII.) I got it for Christmas. I want the ring too but I can’t afford it.

-How many times a day do you wish you could wield fire?

At least once a day. Every time someone gets me angry. Sometimes I actually try to conjure it, but my hands just get kinda prickly feeling and nothing awesome happens…

-Lightning feet?

I don’t really want lightning feet.

-Sparkle hands?

Again.

-What is on your MP3 player right now?

Coheed and Cambria. 30 Seconds to Mars. Atreyu. Paramore. I am Ghost. Brand New. AFI. Cobra Starship. Miscellaneous Video Game Music.

-Zelda dinner?

Sounds good!

-What car do you own?

Own… uhh… well… Long story short. My Dad bought a Ford Ranger in 2000 and promised that if it was still around when I got my license he would give it to me. He didn’t think I would remember by the time I was 17 but I did. Now I drive that whenever I need to go somewhere but I don’t own it technically.

-Are you surprised I haven't made any Sam Adams questions?

Nope.

-So Family Guy is an accurate depiction of MA life?

At my house… Yes it’s pretty **** close. In general I am going to have to give you only a maybe though.

Half-Split Soul
-Do you use any other characters in doubles besides Zelda?

Tournament wise? No. In doubles friendlies sometimes me and Peachkid switch mains to better understand each other.

-What is your current goal in tournament play?

To collect the sorrowful defeated souls of at least 20 smashers after I beat them with Zelda.

-Are you ever going to change your avatar?

I’ll think about changing it after this interview is over. Maybe I’ll do my hair up like squall after my next hair cut and take a pic of myself.

-What was the last song you listened to?

Night of the Hunter – 30 Seconds to Mars.

-Are you going to dethrone DM from the number one spot of power rankings?

For the sake of some healthy limit pushing competition, I hope so.

-Is there anything that would make you stop using Zelda?

If I stopped playing smash. Or if somehow I become so defeated in spirit that I feel I might need to prove myself with another character.

-If you could buy anything (but only one thing) for free, what would you choose?

Hmm… the rest of my education.

-How often do you find yourself thinking deep things like the afterlife or the mysteries of the universe?

More often than not, but not those specific things.

AlmostLegendary
-Does the Zelda boards upset you?

Occasionally, it’s usually not the regulars though.

-How does it make you feel when people say Zelda has no rep?

Online I take it with a grain of salt so I feel indifferent. IRL I usually show them what’s up.

-Do you agree with Zelda's match up list?

I don’t have any specific problems with it. It’s not my personal thoughts on all the matchups though.

-You ever think about dropping Zelda?

No.

KayLo!
-What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you recently?

At a recent tournament Peachkid and I were in a match, and he wanted me to save him since he had been gimped and was floating to his doom. I jumped to dodge my attackers and through out a Din’s… I underestimated the angles and how slippery those edges are on Yoshi’s and slipped to my death and failed to save him… >_<

-If you could give only one piece of Brawl Zelda-related advice before disappearing from the boards forever, what would it be?

I think everything you need is already available on the boards. I would say that something important with Zelda is to make your opponent fear you, if you can do that you are much closer to winning.

-Have you ever considered switching to a "better" main? If you weren't maining Zelda, who would you replace her with?

Switching… hmm… I would consider it if the circumstances called for it. If I was not maining Zelda (as if she did not exist?) I would probably main Marth or ZSS.

-If you were given the power to change the world in one significant way, what would you change?

Uhh… I would stop global warming and create the perfect green-energy source.

-Which game in the Smash series has been your favorite and why?

Brawl. It’s the one that I entered the tournament scene with. I also like the air dodge system and lack of hit stun.

-How do you plan to make it up to me for missing Pound 4? >=(

I’m going to win APEX!

-If a witch offered to turn you into a girl for just 24 hours (and no one would recognize you or ever know), would you take her offer? If yes, what would you spend the day doing?

I have already talked about this with my friends (who are female) and we decided that we would masturbate for a while to see what it is like. Then I would walk around my house and see what can and cannot fit in my ******.

JigglyZelda
-Whats your favorite flower?

Roses and Marigolds.

-Do you want to meet all the zelda here irl?

I certainly wouldn’t mind.

-Why does it seem that no one knows you enough to ask a variety of questions?

I am a pretty quiet person until you get to know me; I also have slight social anxiety.

-Do you think all people should have a relationship at some point, or that some people are destined for single lives?

Hmm… I think everyone will have a relationship at some point whether they realize it or not.

-Must I ask a brawl related question to not break the chain of everyone else including one? if so, do you apply wavebounce dins at all into your playstyle? :3

Wavebounced… no. B-reversed yes.

-Like X-men? Who's your favorite?

Yes. Jean Grey.

-how many infractions have you gotten since being on SWF?

KayLo! or kaylo?

I just leave whatever my fingers type and go with it. Mostly Kaylo.

Mr. Eh? Bonus Questions
1. Are you fond of Italian food?

No. I am Italian but I hate most Italian food.

2. Ever play Phoenix Wright?

Yes I have tried the Phoenix Wright games. They are entertaining but not for me.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
LOL @your answer to my last question, Riot. Closet freak! I knew it!
& I approve. =X

:mad: @"Kaylo"

Looking forward to seeing you win Apex. :p

Bandit

Smash Lord
LOL @ your answer to KayLo's last question!!

The reference I used (that you missed) was a Talladega Nights: Ballad of Ricky Bobby reference.

Good answers all around! I love this thread.

Good to see you're feeling better MrEh!

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Half-Split Soul

--

-Are you surprised I haven't made any Sam Adams questions?
-So Family Guy is an accurate depiction of MA life?
These two guestions were posted by Bandit, not me. Nitpicking maybe, but I don't want to steal credit for them.

Also, good interview and welcome back MrEh.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Next person will be put up whenever. It'll probably be random this time, since most of the important people are out of the way...

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I think I just understood that Ken picture. Is this capcom's nod to the flowchart that was made about how Ken players play online? Where every option was pretty much haduken?

MrEh

Smash Hero
It was Capcom's nod to a flowchart, but everything led into a Shoryuken.

Which is how I think Ken should be played in the first place. lol

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Aw, I just looked, and somebody did take the name Riot. :( They haven't logged in since '05, lol.

You could always add unnecessary punctuation.

Riot~
-Riot-
Riot!
Riot?
Riot.

.........This is one of those words that starts looking really weird if you stare at it for too long. ;;

Top Bottom