• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Yoshi Labs

pugwishbone17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pugwishbone
So, this happened.
I've been able to replicate this pretty easily. You simply down b from the air, dash into a ledge and then egg throw while you're "skidding" into it but haven't fallen off yet. Works going both left and right ledges, and even works on Battlefield platforms. This is pretty interesting lol

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well the difference here is that video you linked is using the custom move to do that DownB thing anywhere, the video that was posted last page is no custom moves and running to the ledge with Yoshi going to the ceiling and being in the air for 10+ seconds for some reason.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
Well the difference here is that video you linked is using the custom move to do that DownB thing anywhere, the video that was posted last page is no custom moves and running to the ledge with Yoshi going to the ceiling and being in the air for 10+ seconds for some reason.
I know, I'm just saying maybe since its possible to do it with the custom move, the glitch is somehow linked to it through a coding error or something.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I think that's him just delaying it. Basically like Postponed Egg toss teleport, but with DownB instead.
But since the one recently found was DownB run to ledge then UpB (no customs) to fly high up, doubt we can use eggroll or neutral B to postpone it.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
This takes "I must go, my world needs me!" to a whole new level.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
I've been able to replicate this pretty easily. You simply down b from the air, dash into a ledge and then egg throw while you're "skidding" into it but haven't fallen off yet. Works going both left and right ledges, and even works on Battlefield platforms. This is pretty interesting lol
This is fantastic! A great potential for a new Yoshi ditto minigame which shall be known as...Yoshi Space Eggwars! A game where both rocket up to space and tries to shoot the other Yoshi. I'm assuming they will die instantly when shot as they're already above the blast sone

Also, im unsure if you guys already know this, but with the egg toss teleport when you've used the repetead teleport (Where you teleport back to the stage where you originally teleported from), you can buffer Side B, then egg toss to return to the same spot you started your side B, this can be repeated as much as you want.

Last edited:

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
I have something to add to the post above that you can do with the egg toss teleport. After teleporting back to the stage where you first teleported from, do another buffered Up B facing away from the ledge you last grabbed and turn toward that ledge right after pressing B.

This will teleport you off-stage on the side of the ledge you last grabbed. The distance you teleport increases with how far you are from the ledge. If you teleport too far off-stage you can go past the blast line and instantly KO yourself. You can delay it with buffered Side B or Neutral B.

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
http://youtu.be/SXos-hhfu ck?t=5m6s

i had to add a space on the obvious F word, i have no clue why youtube gave me such a url link, anyways i was curious about this specific moment, which i recall seeing Slush comment about a situation like this before but i cant remember if its in this same thread....once again sorry if im sharing this on the wrong thread

so what happen? i did Egg lay on ZSS and she just vanished and came back in a second with a "grab release" animation which if i knew that was going to happen i could have reacted with an Fsmash or DownB, i recall reading its some sort of akward detection with the tip of yoshis tongue when doing the move that it doesnt really pull off the usual effect of the move, but instead has this akward release, i remember seeing it done againts a captain falcon, so im bringing it up again, maybe i can practice to get it to intentionaly occur more often, which will allow Yoshi to have an extra gimmick on his already expansive glitch arsenal hehe

Scatz

Smash Champion
He normally has so much on his plate, that I'm not surprised he got the info this late. I normally tag him on Twitter if I find something.

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
As for 1.0.4, everything from the op except the egg roll super jump seems to be gone. The "my planet needs me" jump is also gone. rip

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
By super egg roll jump you mean the Egg shot, right?
Anyways there's no changes to Yoshi outside of a random post somebody made without any proof or anything, followed by the next page people saying nothing changed with Yoshi.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Good, they didn't need to change anything about him. I heard :4zss: got buffed though, which is odd, seeing as that she is already seen as a fantastic character. I will be mildly upset if it's true that they took out roll-canceled grabs and DACUS though, just because it adds a little more to the gameplay.

In other news, is anyone else obsessed with killing with dair off the top at high %'s? I managed to kill Judo off the top of Prism Tower at 90% in tournament and get a kill on some random kid online at 170%. I die from laughter every time.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Also, you can't slide off edges with down-b anymore. Wow, that sucks.
Are you kidding me...there's not even any reason to remove that! I loved sliding off of slopes :(
Tell you what, between Nintendo and the PM devs, they are seriously taking everything fun and cool out of these games.

Boshi PV

Just another Wolf
3DS FC
2724-0961-4824
Switch FC
3729-0626-1690
It would appear so. Considering that most of the thread no longer applies. I'm gonna miss saving my people and sliding down slopes.

BoldFish

Smash Rookie
I found out that sometimes you can use your reverse Up-B to grab a ledge, and the egg will hit a player that got kicked off a ledge. This could straight up kill little mac if you follow it up with a nair or something.

Retoman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Retoman7
I'm not sure if someone mentioned this earlier in the thread,in a seperate thread, or if everyone moved to the wii u yoshi forums but yoshi's egg toss slide is a lot easier to preform this time around. All that is required of you is to dash in a certain direction activate the jump command and cancel your jump with a reverse up special, the egg toss slide is wondrously easy to preform.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
So Yoshi can't shield drop, right? I can do it with anyone but him.
As far as I know, Yoshi is unable to shield drop. Due to the oddity of the way his shield works.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Sorry if old, but fair real close to the ground seems to set up utilt which leads to a potential uair combo/string.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Sorry if old, but fair real close to the ground seems to set up utilt which leads to a potential uair combo/string.
FF Fair combos into UpSmash at certain percents depending on weight. So it makes sense that UTilt would work as well with this.

Retoman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Retoman7
is there some kind of secret to preforming the ets without wavebouncing in the opposite direction?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
You have to tilt instead of smash the analog stick in order to not get the wavebounce when doing a sliding Egg Toss.

Which is harder than it sounds. What I do is "roll" the analog after doing the Egg Toss motion whereas with the wavebounce version I kinda' slam it.

This has been my biggest project since removing accidental Egg Rolls.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
To turnaround upB, you must input the direction a few frames before doing UpB.
To B-reverse upB, you must input the direction a few frames after doing UpB.
To wavebounce upB, you must input the direction before and after doing the UpB.

Simply put, don't aim at another direction directly after you've started doing UpB. Wait a few frames, then aim your egg to prevent the mistake.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Eh?

I thought you could turnaround upB by inputting the direction a few frames after as well. For example, if you want to do a reverse downb, you just press downb, then press left or right immediately afterwards.

Scatz

Smash Champion
You're speaking of B-reverse. B-reverse reverses the momentum while turnaround just turns you in the opposite direction. Doing a direction after the special move would reverse momentum.

Retoman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Retoman7
To turnaround upB, you must input the direction a few frames before doing UpB.
To B-reverse upB, you must input the direction a few frames after doing UpB.
To wavebounce upB, you must input the direction before and after doing the UpB.

Simply put, don't aim at another direction directly after you've started doing UpB. Wait a few frames, then aim your egg to prevent the mistake.
Extremely helpful, thank you!

Top Bottom