• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Yoshi Labs

pugwishbone17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pugwishbone
I discovered this glitch http://youtu.be/TkKJ7dYc1uI help me try to re create it pls.
It's like the one the Japanese players showed us but it makes you go backwards and uses egg lay?
I think what's happening is buffering neutral b out of hitstun and then buffering an egg throw on the ground causes the slide. You should probably be able to do this with egg roll too if I'm right.

pugwishbone17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pugwishbone
Heres footage of buffering a neutral b from ledge hop (along with several teleport delays).

http://a.pomf.se/dgzhzz.webm
in addition, i noticed when you do a second teleport, you teleport to the spot you teleported FROM the first time

Last edited:

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
Yup, just mash up-b while the grab is out. The hard part is canceling the dash attack. One thing that made it easier for me is to put grab on R so I press R and A at almost the same time with my right hand while the left does the pivot. Almost feels like a jc grab then.
I changed my mind, it's definitely easiest when you have shield on R and just pivot shieldgrab. I can do it pretty consistently now. It's also easy to spot when you did the cancel correctly. He slides quite a bit during the grab when it's done correctly, more than he usually would for a pivot grab.

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
@ Gliffie Gliffie You input shield on the pivot grab? I will try that.
Well, shield + attack is just the same as a grab but with the added benefit that is (somehow) takes care of the dash attack too. I only need one attack input to pull off the cancel. I'm not sure why it works.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Just saw in one of the tips a message that read something to the effect of: "he does a backflip and kicks the opponent, during this his legs (or feet?) are invincible". Take this with a truckload of salt and google translate, this might not even be referring to Yoshi, but since there's only so many characters with an U-smash like this and Yoshi's U-smash had invincibility in Brawl it's possible...time to get testing.
I hope this is real, and if it isn't I'm so sorry to have gotten anyone's hopes up...

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Ah thought it was a video, anyways if his Usmash still has invincibility there really is a high chance he can be really good.
Man if there was video confirmation of this...of course I'm in a better spot than you are about this...
Might sound silly but how was Brawls U-smash invincibility discovered if you know? Need to know what to test other than having it just clank with moves.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Well, shield + attack is just the same as a grab but with the added benefit that is (somehow) takes care of the dash attack too. I only need one attack input to pull off the cancel. I'm not sure why it works.
Can you give me the step by step on how you do this?

For some reason, I get like... a perfect pivot grab instead. Like instead of the sliding back one I do a reverse pivot grab but stand in place.

Scatz

Smash Champion

For some reason, I get like... a perfect pivot grab instead. Like instead of the sliding back one I do a reverse pivot grab but stand in place.
When doing a DAC pivot grab, you do these steps:

Dash Attack > (within first few frames) Z or Shield + A > (within first few frames) Slam Analog Stick in opposite direction you were initially dashing

Without doing dash attack in the beginning of the execution, you'll get a normal pivot grab, which doesn't allow the glitch to buffer a slide from the UpB.

Also WHY U NO NAME ME ON YOSHI STORY?! D:

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068

I really just dash -> slam stick in the opposite direction + attack + shield at the same time. Obviously it's not that simple, but that's how I pull it off. Sorry for not being more helpful.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
YOU BOTH CONFUSE ME.

do I slam the stick to the opposite direction BEFORE or AFTER

Scatz

Smash Champion
After. You can't slam it before because you won't get a pivot grab (you'll get a dash attack).

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Man if there was video confirmation of this...of course I'm in a better spot than you are about this...
Might sound silly but how was Brawls U-smash invincibility discovered if you know? Need to know what to test other than having it just clank with moves.
Tested it, he does have invincibility on his feet.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
ehhhhhh idk lol, it won't be as actively useful as it used to be. His feet are a pretty small hurtbox compared to his head. But it will make a perfectly spaced/timed upsmash on someone who's landing more effective.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
I just read "dash attack cancel pivot grab" and it made sense so I did it lol.

Input dash attack>input pivot grab. Do it fast like you would if Dacus'ing

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
There's a way to perform this slide as a disengage version.

Perform the pivot grab and afterwards make a reversed UpB and wavebounce it as it starts coming out.
This way You start sliding away from the opponent (due to the wavebounce), while still facing him (because of the reverse UpB).

Practically, you can slide wherever You want, looking in whatever direction You want to.

I'm already using the slide itself, but i'm still messing up the follow ups after the egg hits, since i slide so far away from the enemy.

Yoshi's neat.

edit: btw., jumping backwards off stage to FAir enemies camping the edge is Your best friend in Smash4.
Since they have no invincibility frames after grabbing again, they are friggn dead. #shrekt #RIPinpepperonis

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
All these glitches that give Yoshi this insane mobility....please never patch these out! This is truly fantastic, and all it does is benefit dedicated players! I can't wait for people to find more.... Egg teleport is by far my favorite though.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
The only useful glitch is this specific slide (and maybe the egg shot).
If You are able to perform the teleport in a real game, and actually use it, then Your opponent must be pretty drunk.

Last edited:

Number 2

Smash Rookie
Ya, I was about to say. The teleport is pretty much useless. it only gets me offguard sometimes because I didn't meant to do it. It's still a fun trick to annoy someone with though.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Like I said before the only useful thing so far is maybe eggshot, and if you mess up UpB or b reverse still I guess the Super Jump to you can just go back to being in the air and reset your attempt to throw eggs lol

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
I can do all of them except the up-b slide. I'm not sure if it is my timing because I've went in training 1/4 speed and I haven't even gotten it once so I feel like I'm doing something else wrong. I dash then do I simultaneously turnaround + A then grab? Because that's what I've been trying and have not got it once. I've probably been at it for an hour now.

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
You have to do a dash attack-canceled pivot grab, so the input is: Dash>A>Grab>Pivot>Egg Toss

The timing for the grab is very specific, because if you do it too early you just halt in your tracks, but if you do it too late you just dash attack. You'll know that you've done the pivot grab right if you slide farther than usual. I've only been able to pull this one off 3 times in training, so best of luck to you!

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
If anyone can help uncover anything on this you're amazing.
Oh ****, it's back! <3
Can't wait to get home and get the data of this, i'll find it! :D

But i GUESS it's about using an Aerial after getting back to the stage, so Yoshi's Hurt Box becomes bigger and he collides with the ground.
Just like the DR in Brawl.

Last edited:

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
Yoshi's turnaround speed is pretty good compared to a lot of the cast. What are your thought's on Yoshi's psuedo-dashdance potential?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
The slide seems more of an exploit like Dacus or glide toss type of deal than a glitch like the teleport. You guys with me that its unlikely it gets patched out?

Yoshi's turnaround speed is pretty good compared to a lot of the cast. What are your thought's on Yoshi's psuedo-dashdance potential?
I already psuedo dash dance with his quick turn around speed until I get my opponent to commit to something. It works especially against non projectiled characters.

Last edited:

GameQ

Smash Cadet
Any tips for doing dash attack canceled pivot grab? I managed to pull it of a couple of time, but the timing seems really tight.
As with practicing anything relate to advanced canceling techniques in smash. Go to training mode and slowdown by 1/4, then its REALLY easy. Practice there to get the muscle memory, then go to 1/2. You'll need to speed up the input a bit. Practice again to get that muscle memory faster, and repeat at 2/3, then of course the glorious 1x.

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
As with practicing anything relate to advanced canceling techniques in smash. Go to training mode and slowdown by 1/4, then its REALLY easy. Practice there to get the muscle memory, then go to 1/2. You'll need to speed up the input a bit. Practice again to get that muscle memory faster, and repeat at 2/3, then of course the glorious 1x.
Thanks, but I managed to get it down without slo mo. If anything, I feel like that would throw off my timing.

Milun

Smash Ace
Ok, I almost gave myself blisters, but I've perfected the slide.

I'll explain it step by step for those still confused (like I was):

1. Dash in one direction and hold the slider in that direction.
2. Press and HOLD 'A'.
3. Immediately after pressing (and holding ) 'A', slam the slider in the opposite direction AND press the shield button at the same time. Do not let go of 'A'. This will pivot grab.
4. Buffer one of the B moves during the animation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom