• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Yoshi Labs

Scatz

Smash Champion
Sup peeps! Making a thread to condense Glitches, ATs, etc. that Yoshi players find. Send 'em here to have other Yoshi mains figure it out, and I'll write up a tutorial on how to perform it! Thanks to Yikarur, Slice, and everyone else for videos and explanations on how to perform these moves!

Egg-Transmission
Ledge jump > Buffer UpB till you hit the ground. You'll teleport back to the ledge.

If you grab the ledge again, you'll remove the spawn point (landing spot on the stage). If you don't grab it, you'll double jump and repeat UpBs until you get back on the stage, then you'll teleport to the spawn point.

You can delay the teleport (on the 2nd method) by using Eggroll or Neutral B before using UpB on the ground. As long as you're buffering these moves, you'll keep the spawn point (and UpB will make you teleport).

You can actually do egg-transmission by buffering egg lay and egg roll from the ledge hop too instead of just mashing egg throw till you get to the ground.
Can't completely confirm since I have no footage, but if you make a spawn point on platforms, you'll shoot off like Team Rocket.
Note: Grabbing someone with Egglay, Using DownB, Moving, Attacking, Shielding will remove the spawn point!

Egg Roll Super Jump:

When you egg roll and fall onto the base of the stage, input jump and Yoshi will bounce back up onto the top of Battlefield.

Note: You must start the egg roll on a platform!

Egg Roll Shot:

Begin an Egg roll towards an edge without doing any directional inputs. Once you make a directional input, you'll shoot offstage at full speed.

Buffered Egg Toss Slide (no idea on the name lol):

Use a dash attack canceled pivot grab, and buffer a special (Neutral or Side to postpone, and Up for immediate) to slide. Follows the same rules as Egg Transmission in which the move must be used immediately or it will not work. ~~Credit to Shado Chimera for verifying, AmSa for spreading the knowledge, and Yonezmi for finding the glitch

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Apparently, the video I had posted beforehand had gotten screwed up. Here's something you Yoshis can find out!

It's apparently using the same method as the egg teleport to get the slide. Only thing I can tell is that it's initiated from a pivot grab.

AmSa stated that it works when you make a dash attack canceled pivot grab. Dunno how that would work outside of using what's called a boost pivot grab in Brawl.

Someone try doing pivot grab, but use A just a frame or two before you use Z.

Edit: Or R.... W/e the 3DS controls are now lol.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
That worked. Thanks for collecting the info btw. I was very curious how this stuff worked.
No problem! Glad to help anyway I can. And since that worked, I'll be adding that to the OP tonight.

Yoshi most definitely has an exploit that lets him basically do a sliding Up-B.

NOT the one where he teleports to the edge. It looks much more like say, Snake's DACUS.

Check this video for reference. There's a match of MK vs Yoshi where that happens a fair bit. http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24610321?ref=search_key_video
Can't watch it =[ I have no account.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I know that video is supposed to show Yoshi being cute with the slides and all, but I'm just more of interested in the fact this is a 15 minute video of MK not winning a single match.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
I didn't watch the whole video since my net isn't fast and i don't want to watch 15min of MK sadness. RIP in Pepperonis Meta Knight, You won't be missed.

But i GUESS it's about the ETS?, which is still in Smash4! <3

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
Any tips for doing dash attack canceled pivot grab? I managed to pull it of a couple of time, but the timing seems really tight.

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
Nice actually did the teleport one a few tomes, can't tell the egg roll super jump works or not since the egg roll can get crazy as is.

Scatz

Smash Champion
There's no real tip for dash attack canceled pivot grab. The requirements are within a few frames after starting the dash attack. So if you're messing up, you are probably doing it too slow.

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
There's no real tip for dash attack canceled pivot grab. The requirements are within a few frames after starting the dash attack. So if you're messing up, you are probably doing it too slow.
Hmm, that's what I thought. I'll just practice more

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
I'm having trouble doing the Egg slide. After doing the dash attack canceled pivot grab, do I just buffer Up B? And I'll slide?

JakubDi

Smash Rookie
Can;t do it constantly egg teleport has tricky timing.
Do you mean the input or the actual Yoshi's position? You can just spam UpB. What's important is that Yoshi has to be almost touching the ground when starting the attack's animation (at least from what I've noticed).

WhiteCane

Smash Apprentice
NNID
3DisBlind-Man
3DS FC
5172-2293-0234
Do you mean the input or the actual Yoshi's position? You can just spam UpB. What's important is that Yoshi has to be almost touching the ground when starting the attack's animation (at least from what I've noticed).
Thanks bit of both I can do it if I land on that first platform if not and it gets harder to time. Plus something I actually hit someone cool trick even if the teleport fails tho.

Gliffie

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1906-3068
I'm having trouble doing the Egg slide. After doing the dash attack canceled pivot grab, do I just buffer Up B? And I'll slide?
Yup, just mash up-b while the grab is out. The hard part is canceling the dash attack. One thing that made it easier for me is to put grab on R so I press R and A at almost the same time with my right hand while the left does the pivot. Almost feels like a jc grab then.

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
Yup, just mash up-b while the grab is out. The hard part is canceling the dash attack. One thing that made it easier for me is to put grab on R so I press R and A at almost the same time with my right hand while the left does the pivot. Almost feels like a jc grab then.
How fast are you canceling the dash attack into the pivot grab? Is it right at the start of the dash or a few frames at the end? I got it like twice, but still don't know the timing. ;/

Scatz

Smash Champion
Yes. Has to be buffered.

No picture is working for me
The videos on the main post? Dunno what I can say about that since it's youtube. =[

How fast are you canceling the dash attack into the pivot grab? Is it right at the start of the dash or a few frames at the end? I got it like twice, but still don't know the timing. ;/
You have to cancel the beginning of dash attack within a few frames by using pivot grab.

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
Yes. Has to be buffered.

The videos on the main post? Dunno what I can say about that since it's youtube. =[

You have to cancel the beginning of dash attack within a few frames by using pivot grab.
Thanks for the reply, I'll work on it. ;o

CatcherAndTheRai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CatcherAndTheRai
This is cool and all but you dont give us specifics. How soon do we have to buffer the Up-B?

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
I don't think anybody knows the exact frames right now. ;o Hence why it's not posted.

HoodsxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanhouDrops
3DS FC
3067-5933-7964
This is cool and all but you dont give us specifics. How soon do we have to buffer the Up-B?
You buffer Up B while the tongue is coming out. But the hard part is getting the dash cancel pivot grab perfect so you do slide when buffering Up B (I just mash Up B)

Yikarur

Smash Master
oh I didn't know Vine is a video portal. I thought they were some type of broken link haha

Last edited:

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Silly-ish question, but Scatz Scatz how do you keep the camera stable when recording off-screen?

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
Buy me a 3DS, and give me homebrew with frame advance code so I can give you the answer.

If I knew the exact frames, I'd put it up there. Considering that I don't have access to Smash 4 (nor will until WiiU comes out), I can't do this stuff on my own, so I just post information that I derive from previous techs (dash attack pivot grab is known as boosted pivot grab for us).

Silly-ish question, but Scatz Scatz how do you keep the camera stable when recording off-screen?
That would be a question to give to @ Slice~ Slice~ , unless you're referring to the vine video. That's Yonezmi's doing (Japanese player).

Nordal

Smash Lord
People up in here acting like you're the one recording everything.

You're gathering discoveries from different sources, not experimenting yourself (but I do appreciate the former very much so <3)

Number 2

Smash Rookie
@ TM_icecream TM_icecream I still haven't figured out what is going on in this video, and tried it on my own without any success.
But I just wanted to point out that you can actually go backwards with the dash attack canceled pivot grab technique. You have to throw the egg backwards. You still go in the same direction as the forward throw though. So the video you showed here bring a good point since you actually move back from where you were facing initially.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Were you doing any move before you got hit? I can't tell the animation.

Using the stuff we've gotten previously, try using a dash attack canceled dash grab? It's the same as doing a DAC pivot grab, but without the pivot. I wanna hope that the hit from Ike kept the glitch in tact and the Egg Lay postponed the slide until you buffered the UpB.

Last edited:

Chex-Mex

Smash Rookie
Sorry for being slow on this. Just want to see if I have this right.
Buffered Egg Toss Slide
Running right ->dash attack (a) ->left on control stick->grab->up+B
Is that correct?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
The left on control stick comes after the grab. Otherwise, it's correct.

Last edited:

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Idk

I just jab>turn around jab>down B>get dtilted by sheik>egglay(maybe buffered?)>egg throw(maybe buffered?) and I slide. Can't re create it either

Scatz

Smash Champion
What I'm asking is did you input a move just before getting Dtilted? The animation looked like you were starting something other than just a dash.

That's why I'm saying it could be a dash attack canceled dash grab. Just going off knowing that dash attack canceled pivot grab allows you to buffer a upB and slide across the stage, I'm wondering if your answer is the just doing the dash grab to get it.

pugwishbone17

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pugwishbone
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but you can actually do egg-transmission by buffering egg lay and egg roll from the ledge hop too instead of just mashing egg throw till you get to the ground.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
What I'm asking is did you input a move just before getting Dtilted? The animation looked like you were starting something other than just a dash.

That's why I'm saying it could be a dash attack canceled dash grab. Just going off knowing that dash attack canceled pivot grab allows you to buffer a upB and slide across the stage, I'm wondering if your answer is the just doing the dash grab to get it.
Oh I gotcha
Idk if I was or not. DEFINITELY wasn't attempting a DAC dash grab. I'd never have any reason to. I would assume on context that I was going for a dash attack, or mayyybe a mix up of running through him and pivot grabbing. If it was just a dash grab I would've input it sooner

Top Bottom