• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Ok malcolm is a fggt. And it will never happen again. Also currently I have done the best vs Zucco so get at meeee. GET AT MEEEEEEEE! Shugo nor Wes could touch him. Hahahahahaha!.

Zucco

Smash Master
Shado's performance usually depends on the stage we go to lol. FD=me ******, SV=very close game but me still winning, YI=him winning but I really shouldn't have chose that stage lololol.

Sonic hit list:
SonicMaster5
Espy
KID
X

im coming for you guys next!....................even though I doubt ill ever get to play espy or X since we live in different regions.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN5ScZzcDls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXe1VnACckU&feature=channel

A MM I had not too long ago. There were 3 matches but I forgot to save the 2nd one in the set. I won vs his Marth on Norfair. But yeah I wasn't really up to snuff, he beat me fair and square though. I figured out what I did wrong after watching Wes vs Bloodcross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbCl4EreJHY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO4vz6VFQ84&feature=related

A tournament set against DJ Iskascribble. I didn't even know this was on Youtube. I guess his brother was recording this. Also quality is kinda meh. The match was fun despite my spindashes gaying me out of very much needed stocks.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I didnt even know iskascribble was good like that until I heard he got into brackets at pound 4.

you also need to know not to do aerials out of your spindash when it gets shielded , thats why you lost ur las stock in that last match, because you were sitting in midair doing an up air, so he could shuttle loop you.

the ducking against falco was good, but you need to have a purpose behind it. it cant be a simple as "i dont want these lasers to hit me so ima duck." thats bad because falcos silent lasers can still hit sonic even tho hes ducking. You have to have the mindset of "im going to duck so that falco has to focus really really hard on timing his lasers correctly and will take his focus away from other things like defending himself."so that way, the next time he SHs, you can run in and shield grab or up smash or fair him or something. because hell be so focused on trying to be pinpoint accurate with the laser than he wont be able to keep himself from getting hit.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
im coming for you guys next!....................even though I doubt ill ever get to play espy or X since we live in different regions.
Awww~ <333

I love you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much, Zucco.

Hopefully someday, you know?

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I watched X vs Z 1. and so far i see that,

Z's ddd is bad, he needs to go back to pikachu.

people are afraid of X. I mean he sits there in his shield while sonic charges down smash, and than AFTER it hits his shield, HE ROLLS AWAY. like wtf is that? fear is the only explanation for that.

people need to stop getting hypno-smashed.

he plays madd over agressive, just like how speed used to. and of course when you are overly agressive and overwhelming people with a character that people dont understand, people are going to think youre amazing. not to say that he isnt amazing, but hes really not on some kind of next echelon of sonic like people like to think he is.

people need to stop walking into spindash footstool combos, that mess is gross and it doesnt work.

just watched z vs x 2,

GD wtf. Z's ddd is madd basic yo all he does is grab and go for uptilts at 120, like he doesnt know how to kill any other way, so X is smart enough to avoid the up tilt, and what happens? he lives until 223%. he couldnt get an up tilt in, so he just starts going for grabs again.

Id like to see vids of X vs somebody thats really just dedicated to camping the mess outta him, to see how that would play out.

also, these vids make it look like its these peoples professional jobs to catch ASC grabs. its like the free-est thing ive ever seen.

Browny

Smash Hater
Lol its quite funny seeing people be scared and losing to sonic. even better knowing theyre playing a top tier character and losing money lmao. that ddd play was pretty inexcuseable.

other matches were better. btw kid how is the spindash to footstool 'gross'? apparently x almost 0-deathed a kirby by it according to aib (i know aib is cancer, but still). what can the opponent do to avoid it

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Is that even the same Z I know from Vegas?

Seriously, I have no idea, I'll have to ask next time I see him.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lol its quite funny seeing people be scared and losing to sonic. even better knowing theyre playing a top tier character and losing money lmao. that ddd play was pretty inexcuseable.

other matches were better. btw kid how is the spindash to footstool 'gross'? apparently x almost 0-deathed a kirby by it according to aib (i know aib is cancer, but still). what can the opponent do to avoid it
Time their get ups appropriately.
Otherwise, there's no excuse.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
how can u time a get up though to avoid it if sonic is waiting for you to get up and react accordingly?
Conditioning.

You can also do the get up and attack. Sonic's spin's shouldn't make it through those.

EDIT: DI solves the problem as well.
Several players here in Texas DI my SDRs and ASCs so well that I can't even multi-hit them anymore.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
when your on the ground, the sonic is just in spindash waiting to see which way you will get up so he can time his spindash. but if you just wait until the sonic moves first, pretty much all your options will beat it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Those D3 matches...

Z, quit D3, and go back to Pikachu, you'll be doing yourself a favor.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
thats not z the pikachu player. those vids are from my wii, it was just nonsense vid from our late night smashfest. And for ppl talking about footstool being stupid; sonic can wait forever and the opponent cant. Besides its a mixup lol. Just like Dthrow working every now and then, or ppl not DI ASC well. Or heck even ppl not DI ing uair. U really shouldnt get the whole thing lol. Hey random questions; how do you feel the G&W matchup? spin-dash> GW aerials lol. And Espy have you got any vids of you playing Dojo's Metaknight?

Browny

Smash Hater
Hey guys,

I'm playing with a Sonic user on stream, and we're looking for critiques.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/spunkymp4-wins live stream link
There were so many issues, but they looked like generic ones, not sonic unique. things like attempting to shield grab from completely out of range was very noticeable and the very unsafe nature of his approaches, DI'ing fair into you, dash attacking near the ledge etc.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
lol. At it being gross. I use it and it still works. And even if I miss I'm jumping out to safety.everyone suspects us to spindash into an aerial at them so after we pass they jump in the air and try to bair for no reason at all...

But anywaay. I think imma start going 70% falco 30% sonic in tournies now. Tryna switch mains so ya :( its been fun but sonic aint for everyoneee.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
But Shado, you inspired me to learn DDP from your Scouuurrrge and I wouldn't have bothered with my combo vid if you hadn't. :(

_____

Ehhh I suck against Lucario. Getting that kill first bothers me >.< Anyone mind giving me pointers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Ghebb-pio

I need to help against Luigi too, I get 2 stocked pretty easily by him o_o (but I don't have videos recorded yet)

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Double post but idc.

And I guess this opens up a new oppurtunity for me. Now I can either have a cp for sonic or falco. If they ban my falco oriented cp I can go yoshis or fd. If they ban my sonic cp I can go to a falco oriented one. But its prob gonna be between fd and yoshis lol..so I guess things don't change thaaat much. But its nie to be able to choose what character to use at certain situations.

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
There were so many issues, but they looked like generic ones, not sonic unique. things like attempting to shield grab from completely out of range was very noticeable and the very unsafe nature of his approaches, DI'ing fair into you, dash attacking near the ledge etc.
Heh.... I'm realy fast paced (why do I use Sonic lol), the thing that bothers me about the DA near the ledge is that I mis-time it, because what I really want to do is Fair off the edge for a quick damage + possible gimp.... But I have horrible timing... Any other glaring faults lol?

infomon

Smash Scientist
Ehhh I suck against Lucario. Getting that kill first bothers me >.< Anyone mind giving me pointers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Ghebb-pio
- Stop getting hit by aura-spheres... practice pshielding them
- Watch how often that kid spot-dodges. Virtually every time he feels in any danger at all he spotdodges. You should have been punishing that... tho admittedly it can be hard, you had trouble closing in on him. I think maybe get more comfortable with spacing on the ground, like running in+out so he wouldn't always know when he's in danger or not. That entails pshielding those AS's easily though. Spaced SH bairs (ex. RAR'd) might help in close-range combat? idk
- You wouldn't have died that last kill if you'd momentum-cancelled properly. afaict you Fair'd too late, and then didn't jump or down-B which would've avoided the blast-zone. I think. (that's just my instinct)

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
DJ its not a jablock...people can roll and getup attack...its just "in fear" people aren't thinking of options and are getting exploited. Theres ways to DI where u cant even get the footstool unless their characters are enormous (DK Bowser DDD) :x

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
- Stop getting hit by aura-spheres... practice pshielding them
- Watch how often that kid spot-dodges. Virtually every time he feels in any danger at all he spotdodges. You should have been punishing that... tho admittedly it can be hard, you had trouble closing in on him. I think maybe get more comfortable with spacing on the ground, like running in+out so he wouldn't always know when he's in danger or not. That entails pshielding those AS's easily though. Spaced SH bairs (ex. RAR'd) might help in close-range combat? idk
- You wouldn't have died that last kill if you'd momentum-cancelled properly. afaict you Fair'd too late, and then didn't jump or down-B which would've avoided the blast-zone. I think. (that's just my instinct)
*rewatches vid* Yeah, it looked like I was quite late when Fair'd x.x

I usually space with Fair (if you can call it spacing) and I tried to avoid close combat with him 'cause he kept getting me with those jab>grab sheenagigans. His AS were annoying, although admittedly it was my fault for running headfirst into them all the time.

I did run plenty, it seemed not to work as well as against his Lucario lol >.< His Marth/PT was simple enough to run around.

Thanks though infzy!!

Top Bottom