• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
at least the rest of us are more attractive then our mains... but I give you points, cus its nothing less then a flat out skill to do what you do and be uglier than wario...

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Bitter cause ur losing? Nah. That only makes me smile (hug)

Good job Zucco! Keep taking their filthy hedgehog money =P
not bitter. confused that people dont recognize how good the wario is, if that was true. but once again you have s strong desire to hate on me. for no reason. thanks. for nothing.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
not bitter. confused that people dont recognize how good the wario is, if that was true. but once again you have s strong desire to hate on me. for no reason. thanks. for nothing.

Pretty sure that was aimed at Shado. Don't get so defensive! >_>

S'all in good fun.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Looool. It was oh so clearly directed @ Shado. Typical MD/VA sonics....they always catchin feelings.

Lol @ Kid hating on my looks yet again. I like the way I look and apparently girls do too. Or maybe they just love my personality? I'm unsure. Why don't you stop hating and worry about the girls that you are talk---Oh nvm they don't exist. That's why you have the time to hate. =P

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
I'm just gonna take myself out of malcum's post since I'm like. Half bird. Half hedgehog. A mixture of beast and beast. With radioactive chicken speed pulsing through my veins. Pulsing hard and fast. You can't ignore my veins! And he clearly said hedgehogs. As in Speed, Kojin, etc. Lululz~

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
malcolm, cus because your not ugly enough for your mother to disown you, doesnt really mean anything.

and I can vouch for your personality, you are quite enjoyable to be around, as long as i dont have to look at cha...

also, I currently am talking to a girl, I just have the time to hit you with some truth because im good at both, therefore i have the time to do it.

still luv ya tho. stay gold.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Breaking news everyone. Breaking news. This just in. Malcum has chosen not to create a response. He said he would not humor "your" sck trolling on these boards. He is attempting to be a bigger man and walk away...or is he being coward? More news at 5.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
charizard is the one where it stings in the morning.

its really nice with squirtle because he flushes your whole system out.

just because i didnt wear a condom with you doesnt mean im the one that gave you the clap. I know your bitter but you have nobody to blame but yourself for your promisciuous ways.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I recommend that you move this convo to the general discussion thread, I’m sure you can see why.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm going to be experimenting with the collapse tag on the Cinemas within the next update. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. It'll help with the page-stretching, I would think.

Depending on how it goes, I may end up using it for the results thread as well.

More later.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
I forgot to say I met shugo at pound. And even tho he aint on that sonic vibe he still rocks the sonic hat and people still see him as the best sonic lol. He's so pringles. He really is.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
First off, Nice way to end that match with that THE HAXS performance gotta love it. Second, I noticed your first stock you were having a bit of trouble reading him and he and you were leaving yourself open in a few situations i also saw some blind spots in this mario as he likes to jump around alot. You should just try to be more patient when that type of situation happens and plot a way to bait him into hitting your shield for a counterattack or something. But then i also saw that you took control very well at the beginning of his second stock at around like 2:32-43-ish, Also try not to keep the same attack patterns like i saw alot of Spin jumps, not that it's a bad thing to use but try to lessen up on it a bit. Also you need to work on your Spacing a bit like from 3:23_3:29 you kinda were aiming blindly for a bair. which leaves an opening to be punished due to landing lag. I also noticed you handle Maneuvering around mario's fireballs quite well but always keep in mind not to let those bother you, as you could try to Powersheild them which could work just as well in some situations.

Overall your sonic is pretty solid just needs some tune ups on the spacing and usage of moves and you'll be on your way in no time to getting better faster. Just remember to think of how the moves you do ATM will setup for other possible followups.

I hope this helps you. But it probably won't seeing as i'm not much for studying my own play-style, let alone reviewing someone else. But oh well, Keep up the nice work and solid sonic.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
@deathbysuarez: Cheers man, but Wedge already posted them. The thread just hasn't been updated yet I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uh78uOi3V0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F04J9icqi9k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qaQGKlI_ZE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPwN3ETElhA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Deqwr8zJX1k
New vids up on my channel of X. He won all of these O_o partly due to skill, partly due to the opponents making bad decisions lol. For some reason youtube ****ed up the sound. just snatch your ipod and play some random song while you watch lol.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
I have a few new videos from the Gameworld tournament back on Feb. 7th. The first set I really want the videos to be criticized since I've been having a lot of trouble playing against Grek and his Wario.

Tails (Sonic) vs. Grek (Wario) I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZl-0acq_aY

Tails (Sonic) vs. Grek (Wario) II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI2e0aEo-nA

The next is me and Kinzer in the amateur bracket. This set I don't mind if it's criticized or not, but feel free to comment on our set. If you noticed in the second match, Kinzer did CPed Green Hill Zone on me and I did accept the CPed.

Kinzer (Sonic) vs. Tails (Sonic) I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szCLyThRzY0

Kinzer (Sonic) vs. Tails (Sonic) II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyYinOGYgnI

Kinzer (Sonic) vs. Tails (Sonic) III
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdJcvm02aJ8

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Read his habits Tails o.o

That Wario mostly just Fsmashed whenever he landed after Dair. 0:18, 0:29, 1:05, 1:20 etc are a few examples. Expect it, shield it, punish it. Grab, IDA, ShUair OoS. Anything fast.

You commit too much ASC imo (in this match anyway) as your main way to get those %'s. Problem was that your ASC mostly aimed towards the ground which didn’t get you anywhere since he was mostly in the air whenever you released it (AirCampyWarioWoohoo). I didn’t notice you do much ShUair to counter that. It’s pretty lagless (better than Fair in terms of landing lag in case you whiff it) and the range is great (for Sonic standards lol). Try that more?

Also something I like to do a little more often is ShFair>DjUair. Clears a lot of space against those airy types. Works okay for me anyway. (although I’m a wifi Sawnniik) xD

You’re rolling a lot again and doing a bit too many HA's >.> Watch those Spring>Dair habits too. Quite a few of them were the non-cancelled ones.

Just felt like posting somethin.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that. I don't know why I'm picking up my rolling habit again. I guess I did kinda panic forcing me to going to the extent of rolling too much. I still don't know why I still have that habit of Spring>Dair. I'm trying to break that habit. I'll try to do less ASC as well.

infomon

Smash Scientist
don't just do it less..... do it, like, never.

It was your only approach. In fact it wasn't even approach, you'd just jump away in charging ASC at every spare moment.

Think about all the other things you could have been doing:
- dashing around (DDP, dashing w/ normal turnaround, etc.)
- running up, tap shield and immediately jump-cancel it into a Fair
- camp with spaced Bairs (shorthop or fullhopped) to poke at him, out of range but enough that he'd hit them if he moves into their range
- spinshot over his head and spring > dair safely, to annoy him
- simply run past him. Or maybe run past and pivot-grab. Or just practice pivot-grabbing when he's far away out of range. Just as something to do to bait him kinda.

idk

lots of stuff

just practice more with making yourself comfortable with the stage, when you know he's too far away to actually attack you with anything. Stay in control.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Okay. I'll try your advice infzy as well as SoniKupo's advice. I noticed that I've just do ASC when i get the chance. Even in my match with Kinzer. I guess I really didn't have an approach. I'll try my best to stay in control. I'm trying to listen to music during my matches. It worked in my last tournament, but this time, it didn't work too well. I was IM Kinzer earlier and I should shield cancel my ASC more since I don't do it too much. And pretty much, patient is the key since I become too impatient and just want to get the match over with, even it it cost me.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
I'mma just say you coulda camped that wario out in the second match like there was no tomorrow. He didn't seem like he knew how to approach correctly, and you could have probably waited out those last 2 minutes only punishing him when necessary. Those spins you kept on throwing in there at the end were a really bad idea, because spins are honestly easy to punish if the other player is smart. Charging a spin on the opposite side of the stage and making the opponent approach? That works. But not randomly spinning across the stage while you're in the lead.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Okay. I'll keep that in mind WedginatorX. I've been told repeatedly (mainly by Kinzer) I just need to be patient especially with Wario. Since Wario doesn't have a real projectile, I should of camped near the end instead of being impatient and just want to end the match. I guess you can say I have too much of Sonic's spirit inside of me.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I updated. New videos are up.

I accidentally clicked a wrong button and removed all of my writing, so here's what I said in a nutshell:

-"&fmt=18" tag removed because it's stupid.
-New deadline date, January 1st, 2010, will be put into effect starting March 1st
-Collapse tags are going in the archive. Singles vids will be collapsed character by character, while the third post will be collapsed by section.
-Brawl+ section is going to be removed. There are so many other projects now (LoL+, RoFL-, and Project M) that have their own video sections that it doesn't make sense to have anything related to them here. A notification tag will be put up on the first post to make it clear that this section is primarily Brawl, no additional hacks, etc.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Not one of my most recent matches with him; but just wanted to post a match showcasing how we can abuse side-b versus G&W. Obviously now my friend doesnt attack my spin-dash hop only the down-b, however the constant watching for g&w forces him to be cautious with his aerials. Ignore my failure at teching in this lol.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VSKinzer#p/u/6/kAXqhjAWBGc

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
I loled at the epic spindash spam because your opponent was freaking the **** out. He couldn't read you at all.

And I was like..... neat.....

also that Gdub player is pretty legit as well. The part near the end when he wouldn't let you back on the level was particularly cool.

Good stuff

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
The Ice Climbers favored the same CG as the one I know so I just assumed...

Also you're a risk taker dude. Going THAT low before springing in that one Diddy match? An instant edgehog woulda made you regret it. :C

Top Bottom