• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Winning Steak Cinemas: Video Archive & Criticism Thread Updated

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
I'm an okay Sonic. I'm closing in on ITT. I played Ook in brackets earlier that day and I did surprisingly well against him. I say surprisingly because its ****in Ook. I think its a 60:40 in DKs favor because of his ability to outkill and outlive Sonic, also his downB and uptilts and ftilts stop spindashes.
i think its closer. there are heavy characters that out range and can out live sonic on normal circomstances, but they usually have something else to go with that to make it 60:40 for them. DDD has the chain grab, Rob harasses from afar wit projectiles, So does snake, plus he kills even more reliably than DK. a combo based character does well against characters with bad options when coming down. At least ROB has a good airdodge. DK has nothing reliable to keep sonic form juggling him all day if sonic is usign quick moves and trying to get in the DK's head.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm an okay Sonic. I'm closing in on ITT. I played Ook in brackets earlier that day and I did surprisingly well against him. I say surprisingly because its ****in Ook. I think its a 60:40 in DKs favor because of his ability to outkill and outlive Sonic, also his downB and uptilts and ftilts stop spindashes.
Down-B works on an airborne Sonic?

Only time I'll be grounded is to grab DK to throw him up in the air, otherwise I have little reason to be on the ground in this MU.

Alright since we're all real brawl players here i know how we settle this sonic vs dk thing...
AIB TORNAMENT SONEEK AND DKAY ONLEH WIFI LAGGY FUN TIEM ONLINE NOW GOGOGOGOGO!
/sarcasm
Don't even joke about Lag-Fi. The horrors...

I hope I don't forget to come back to this.

I've got so much crap, with recording/uploading videos, trying to figure out why I did so bad this last tournament (like seriously, I don't even want to talk about it. That bad...), school, some other projects, etcera.

If I don't come back, I hope somebody else can help... Or at least I hope it won't be too late for me, and that I uhm... get nagged on to come back to this. I don't mind, I like to watch videos with Sonic in them.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Wut...?

I'm not a furry dammit. If I were, I would've went Lucario a long time ago.

I hate that character dammit, if only because it's absolutely unfair the way the MU plays. Brawl is such a dumb game; but that won't stop me from trying to rewrite the MU ratios.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Lucario is my specialty now..for some reason. I've played 4 of the top 5 lucarios. Beat azen's. Went 1-2 with Zucco in tourney once. Junebug I haven't played in awhile but he 2-0'd me back in 08..lol. And I played Lee only once. I wish I played ksizzles tho. See what's goin on with that.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
All right arikie...

First match vs Light
umm...wat. You had that won...You was all over that ike. Be careful about getting over ike. I dont really know if this is accurate info, (dont hurt me :( ) but do not ever be over ike in those situations when he's using fsmash. It was 2 stocks lost to an fsmash when really you should have won. That one stock that fsmash didnt kill you was a spring dair blunder. I'd say dont do it directly into people if you are going to commit yourself to using it. You played it right imo, but the fsmashes were what killed you. Also, @ 1:35, can you teach me how to do that?!

Match vs C@nip
haha that holding the spindash part was awesome. Also, nice fair kill.
In this match, i feel that you got hit waaaay to much. You couldnt get any solid hits in nor and tech chases because MK was always right in front of you waiting. Sometimes, its better to run away than to run straight into a person over and over again just taking damage you shouldnt get taking.

Vs diddy-goat
uugh. Those banaynay's were really ghey. First stock you made a huuge comeback, but after that...you lost the momentum. If the banana's are getting to troublesome, i find throwing one off the stage to be good somewhat. I dont know if this applies well to all diddy's though. You just couldnt hit diddy while he just threw banana after banana. Darn. All i can say is to get the momentum first.

Hope this helps. :dizzy:

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Dunno what "afaik" means but I thought that little trick was pretty much standard stuff lol. >_<

You'll only SD if you push the analogue stick too far to the opposite direction, which I admittedly do sometimes. ('Cause it's wifi har har...)

edit: What Terios said v

Arikie

Smash Journeyman
I hope I don't forget to come back to this.
Take you're time, my next tourney isnt until feb 13th so anytime before then is good.

All right arikie...

First match vs Light
umm...wat. You had that won...You was all over that ike. Be careful about getting over ike. I dont really know if this is accurate info, (dont hurt me :( ) but do not ever be over ike in those situations when he's using fsmash. It was 2 stocks lost to an fsmash when really you should have won. That one stock that fsmash didnt kill you was a spring dair blunder. I'd say dont do it directly into people if you are going to commit yourself to using it. You played it right imo, but the fsmashes were what killed you. Also, @ 1:35, can you teach me how to do that?!

Match vs C@nip
haha that holding the spindash part was awesome. Also, nice fair kill.
In this match, i feel that you got hit waaaay to much. You couldnt get any solid hits in nor and tech chases because MK was always right in front of you waiting. Sometimes, its better to run away than to run straight into a person over and over again just taking damage you shouldnt get taking.

Vs diddy-goat
uugh. Those banaynay's were really ghey. First stock you made a huuge comeback, but after that...you lost the momentum. If the banana's are getting to troublesome, i find throwing one off the stage to be good somewhat. I dont know if this applies well to all diddy's though. You just couldnt hit diddy while he just threw banana after banana. Darn. All i can say is to get the momentum first.

Hope this helps. :dizzy:
thanks, it helps a little. at 1:35 in the first match what exactly did you want to know?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Lucario is my specialty now..for some reason. I've played 4 of the top 5 lucarios. Beat azen's. Went 1-2 with Zucco in tourney once. Junebug I haven't played in awhile but he 2-0'd me back in 08..lol. And I played Lee only once. I wish I played ksizzles tho. See what's goin on with that.
Is it just me?

Because I find the Sonic vs. Lucario match-up to either be dead even or 55:45 for him (Lucario, I mean).

That fight is EASY compared to others, and I don't even fight against Lucario often!

Whether I face good or bad ones (Kasai, a really good Lucario player from Maui, went even with me), just...

I will never be afraid of fighting Lucario. Nightmare match-up my ***.

Browny

Smash Hater
havent heard of kasai for a VERY long time. I doubt hes playing at the top of the lucario (i hate to say it) 'metagame'.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Like...he jumped off of the ledge and ASC'd...afaik everytime you do that, its a SD. @_@

afaik=as far as i know. And im too slow on some the standard things. :(
Yeah, it's just drop off ledge, jump + ASC. Learn the timing to release ASC at the earliest moment, don't bother charging it unless you're ok with the timing. As soon as you use your midair jump, start the down-B.

it's like, the most common thing I do from a ledgedrop to get back on stage :o pretty standard yo

but that camera was so blurry it made me feel blind, so I dun blame you for not seeing it mebbe lol

and yeah if the SD missed the stage then it's an SD :(

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
havent heard of kasai for a VERY long time. I doubt hes playing at the top of the lucario (i hate to say it) 'metagame'.
Last I played him was in the summer of 2009, recent enough, and he was competing and taking matches from top players of Hawaii. Like DarkMusician and whatnot.

Not sure how much more the metagame has evolved for Lucario, but I still stand by my belief that Lucario is an easy "tough" fight.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Playing Zucco is soooo annoying.

But I love him <3

:093:

Zucco

Smash Master
I should drop by the sonic boards more often. Too many Sonic mains I met are cool.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
zucco needs to show me how to be better at lucario so I dont have to worry about losing to sonics or Ice climers in tourney. lol

Zucco

Smash Master
zucco needs to show me how to be better at lucario so I dont have to worry about losing to sonics or Ice climers in tourney. lol
Just come to a tourney I go to then. I hate writing up explanations on what to do in matchups lol.

@Shado: whos better than meep? Lain? I only played him in friendlies but I beat his iceys too. Hes got that d3 though, so ill probably never fight his iceys in tourney lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you are madd inaccurate with them spindashes.

why would you jump into an aerial out of the spindash, when you know the spindash didnt, or wont hit, do something else, like double jump back towards the opponent orsomething, to keep up the pressure, or just wait and see if he'll try to jump up and punish you so you can airdodge it, and punish him.

you just missed way too many spindashes, and practice powershielding those fireballs, theres no reason such a cruddy projectile should have been forcing you to the edge like that.

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
theres no reason such a cruddy projectile should have been forcing you to the edge like that.
I kinda do that with that player in particular because he is somewhat easy to bait into a planked aerial. But yea on the whole I agree with ur critique. Muscle memory takes over sometimes i guess lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Thread updated. Matches of Sonics vs. DK, Diddy, Falco, Mario, Marth, Meta Knight, Snake, ROB, Wario, Zelda, and teams matches of X and Beef are up. Check it out.

Be sure to keep submitting videos.

My matches from Steakfest should be up sometime soon.

Top Bottom