• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Virtual Console Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Looks like a lame week. I'm still waiting for Super Metroid and Super Mario RPG.

Star Soldier (NES, 1 player, 500 Wii Points)

Dynamite Headdy (Sega Genesis, 1 player, 800 Wii points)

Drop Off (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, 600 Wii points)

Gea

Smash Master
I bought it used for GBA, but then returned it. I for one didn't like it, but you might be different. I felt that it was laggy and unresponsive (or maybe I just sucked at it).
You just sucked at it. It is one of those games that is WAY hard at first... then you actually get your bearings. It does have a learning curve, and the last dungeon is hard... but it is so awesome once you get into it.

My second favorite Zelda right after the original.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Kirby's Dream Course is awesome to me! It's just a really fun quasi-golf game.

Sorry, I've never posted in here before, and likely will never post again, but just thought I'd add my two cents on it. ^_^
HOLY SMOKES! You're a mod! Yet you're a lot nicer then most other mods I've met!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I think Nintendo's website should have a poll or request section to help influence which games get added to the Virtual Console weekly.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, can I have some reccomendations on how to spend 1200 points? I spent my first 800 on Street Fighter Turbo, and now I don't know what to use the remaining 1200 on.

Sensai

Smash Master
Buy Paper Mario.

Seriously. If you're reading this and you don't have that game, buy it right now. It's easily in my top 10 favorite games of all time...

God DAYAMN that game is good. 20 hours of enjoyment.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ha, hey.

Been around. A lot, actually. I don't know when the last time I posted on the boards was, but here's been my last 2 weeks:

20th-21st: Video Games Live
23rd: 2.5 hour trip to girlfriend's house...and back
24th-26th: 4 hour trip to grandmother's.
27th-4th: vacation to the beach...9 hour drive.

Jeah. So, I've been busy. But I DID get some quality time gaming in on my vacation. Well, kinda. I just played Paper Mario the entire time. But DAMMIT it's good.

Beat it on the last day I was there at 6 in the morning, 3 hours before we left. So good.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Hmm... I might have to get Waverace 64, just because I had the one on the GC. It wasn't even that good, it'd just be cool to see the first one.

Sensai

Smash Master
A lot of my friends are Waverace fanatics...although I never owned/played the game all that much.

Doubt I'll be pickin' it up though. But man, it's good to see some 64 games surfacing.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Buy Paper Mario.

Seriously. If you're reading this and you don't have that game, buy it right now. It's easily in my top 10 favorite games of all time...

God DAYAMN that game is good. 20 hours of enjoyment.

Thanks, especially since you were the only one that answered me. I might just not use the points and hold out for Mario Rpg or Chrono Trigger. I'm also having trouble restraining myself from getting Star Fox 64 or OoT, because those ganes are so ballin.:)

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wow, that's awesome. And I thought Chrono Trigger wouldn't be coming to the VC because of liscensing issues... or was I mistaken?

mastersmash

Smash Apprentice
yo i have a question i never had a 64 sadly...so which game should i get? OoT or paper mario? let me know what u think

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
That's a toughie, both are equally great games, but if you have never experience OoT, I would go with that. Good game, and it will take longer than PM. But If I had enough for both, I would get both.

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh God....I'd have to say OoT. But you should really get both. They're both fantastic games.

And GAW, Chrono Trigger may or may not be released. It's not really a tricky game due to licensing issues or anything like that, it's tricky 'cause SquareEnix doesn't really want to release things (at least in Japan) that aren't tangible. No download only stuff...they want people to be able to hold the CD/cartridge, which is why there's only ONE game from either company on the VC right now (ActRaiser, which is a fantastic game).

But given the fact that SE is rereleasing/remaking so many games (FF3, FF4, DQ4, DQ5, DQ6, all those FF games on the GBA, etc)....I dunno. Don't remember what I was going to say. Just interesting to note that they're remaking and reselling the same ol' same ol', but they don't want to just give us an effin' SNES game on a SNES emulator.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Waverace 64 is amazing, much better than the GC game. I'd suggest it.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Hmm... I might have to get Waverace 64, just because I had the one on the GC. It wasn't even that good, it'd just be cool to see the first one.
I think I actually like the first one a tiny bit better than it's GCN counterpart. The controls seem more tight and varying weather doesn't interfere. Also, the difficulty of Blue Storm almost seems to jump right off from WR64's hardest difficulty which might be why you didn't enjoy Blue Storm as much.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Beetle Adventure Racing and Super Metroid need to come out. BAR was the best racing game on the N64, one of the best racing games ever.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

I had completely forgotten about that game. But you're right, that was an amazing game.

There's a rumor going around that some Metroid games might be coming out within the next few weeks. Clearly, it's due to Metroid Prime 3...but jeah. Just reportin' the news.

[Edit:]

Not a rumor. True.

Metroid (NES) - August 13th
Super Metroid (SNES) - August 20th

Also, Breath of Fire II was released in PAL territories this Friday (time of editting), meaning the US is the only place to not have it. Why is Nintendo pissing on us all of a sudden?

Sensai

Smash Master
[bump for justice]

Super Metroid - SNES
Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master - Genesis
Neutopia - TurboGrafx16

So...how many of you guys are gonna be buying Super Metroid again? Apparently the Shinobi game is pretty good too...

And Neutopia is, from almost every angle, a Zelda clone.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I never had a SNES, so I REALLY need to pick up Super Metroid, don't I?

Skywalker

Space Jump
My cartrige's battery ran out, so I sold it to a friend who liked the Metroid games.

Maridia
is awesome.--such a creepy atmosphere. lol, I tried getting through it with only the
Varia Suit
and actually went halfway to the boss. Good times, good times.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just got Super Metroid on VC last night and it's amazing. Reminds me of the good ol'e SNES days...

Already beat Kraid. Good times.

Sensai

Smash Master
I kinda almost sorta effed my computer up last night RIGHT after downloading Metroid/Super Metroid...so I was torn.

In the end, I turned on Super Metroid simply to listen to the music while I worked furiously to un-eff my computer.

And GAW, yes, you should download Super Metroid. Like...your need to play this game is life-threatening. Like, if you need 8 bucks to download this game, I will personally send you the money. It's THAT good.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Because I'm lazy, it's late and I'm going to bed, I'll just copy-paste this.

September 01, 2007 - In its latest mailbag, Rare has discussed once again the possibility of its past games hitting Nintendo's Virtual Console service. It appears as though Nintendo's not yet reached any agreement with the UK-based, Microsoft-owned studio, however they're not giving up all hope of seeing their games one day reborn on Wii.

"As for VC, it’s ultimately Nintendo’s decision what gets released," Rare wrote. "Beyond the DKC games we don’t have anything in the pipeline at the moment, but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen in future. OMG CORPERATE ANSER#!1"

Rare was also asked specifically whether Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie or Donkey Kong 64 could arrive on the service. The company replied, "Banjo team: 'Maybe, but not up to us.'"

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Rare was also asked specifically whether Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie or Donkey Kong 64 could arrive on the service. The company replied, "Banjo team: 'Maybe, but not up to us.'"
That's obvious, if Nintendo lets "enter" Microsoft, even a little bit approving Banjo games, then Microsoft will start his silence and slow procedure of owning.

they start this way...

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Because I'm lazy, it's late and I'm going to bed, I'll just copy-paste this.

September 01, 2007 - In its latest mailbag, Rare has discussed once again the possibility of its past games hitting Nintendo's Virtual Console service. It appears as though Nintendo's not yet reached any agreement with the UK-based, Microsoft-owned studio, however they're not giving up all hope of seeing their games one day reborn on Wii.

"As for VC, it’s ultimately Nintendo’s decision what gets released," Rare wrote. "Beyond the DKC games we don’t have anything in the pipeline at the moment, but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen in future. OMG CORPERATE ANSER#!1"

This is awesome news. I was losing hope for Banjo on the VC, but now, it looks like millions of N64 gamers may get their wishes. I sure hope this also opens up possibilities for the likes of Perfect Dark, Battletoads, and Conker on VC.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This is awesome news. I was losing hope for Banjo on the VC, but now, it looks like millions of N64 gamers may get their wishes.
Assuming Microsoft doesn't have a say so in it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
is there any way to turn progressive scan off of a GC game? it's not giving me the option and I can't switch cables since I don't have the regular cords.

Sensai

Smash Master
Guys....

Sin and Punishment was released on the VC today. It's a 64 game that was never released Stateside, and costs 12 bucks. From what I've heard, it's one of the best games to never grace America.

Also, Super Mario Bros.: Lost Levels came out today. 6 bucks.

I can see my 18 dollars sailing away now...

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Wow, Sin and Punishment is amazing. Don't be scared off by the 12 dollar price tag; it's worth every point. Lost Levels is good too; it's freaking hard though (I, who religiously play Mario 3 and 1, died in the second level).

I also bought Punch-Out today. Great deal.

slick128

Smash Apprentice
I bought the Lost Levels so don't be surprise if you hear a story about me throwing a Wiimote into my TV.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
After playing more Sin and Punishment, I've concluded that it is definitely one of the top five N64 games ever. I'd say it's better than Star Fox. There's this ridiculously epic aircraft carrier level that I'm going to record this weekend so the world can see how awesome it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom