• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Virtual Console Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Lost levels is insanely hard. Thank god for save states.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
i officially hate nintendo. we have to pay extra because its "imported"? man its a ****ing rom, and they didnt change a thing.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Sin and Punishment. Now that is one heck of a game. I nearly pissed myself on the aircraft carrier level.
I refuse to buy any VC games before Majora's Mask is re-released. -comonyoshi 12/22/06
No!

Edit: Allowing you to switch the shooting trigger to the right side would help a lot. Alas.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I forgot all about the VC after buying a few games. Games I played before I didn't feel the urge to play again (Super Mario World) and games I had never played before didn't hold up very well (Link to the Past).

I think I'll wait for the orginal games to come out or I'll just browse the selection to see if anything interesting has been put up since the last time I checked.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
So, Sin and Punishment is a good buy? I mean 12 bucks is steep for a N64 game. If I buy it, I'm expecting alot of replay value.
I haven't beaten it yet, but I did play the aircraft carrier level, which was freakin awesome. I think it was worth the 12 bucks, because you can always pick up and play whatever level/chapter you want (after you beat the game)...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm so stuck on lost levels. You know 2-2 when your about half way through and you go over a normal pipe, then theres a pipe in the air, and an invisible block you can find in between them? well i can get on top of the block but cant reach the elevated pipe, any tips?

slick128

Smash Apprentice
I'm so stuck on lost levels. You know 2-2 when your about half way through and you go over a normal pipe, then theres a pipe in the air, and an invisible block you can find in between them? well i can get on top of the block but cant reach the elevated pipe, any tips?
I got up there fine with Luigi but I don't know about Mario.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
a friend just confirmed it is only possible with luigi to progress, sans warp zone... bummer. my dreams are officially shattered

Sensai

Smash Master
Your friend is wrong.

Jeah..I caved and bought it. The girlfriend came over and at, get this, 11 at night she's like 'I really wanna play old school Mario!' Alright...so, I figured since I'm gonna spend some money, why not get the one I've (probably) never played before.

ANYWAYS, 2-2: It's not impossible. You hit that first block, and once you get on top of it, diagonally upwardly left (grammar!) is another hidden block.

Bazing! We're on 3-1 or so now. Good luck, guys!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Dang, good find. It would have been a pretty funny joke if they made it impossible to reach world 9 with Mario.Thank your girlfriend for her convenient desire to play old-school Mario for me would ya? Sounds like a keeper.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Gah, I hate world 3. First it's a relatively easy level (that you should EASILY finish with Fire), then it's a water level (ew). And then there's the disgusting third level. Oh, and the castle's a puzzle.

I'm using Luigi; I usually run through Mario levels anyway, so his low traction doesn't hurt me.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
This is definitely alot harder than the first game though, they weren't lying. I remember when I had a little panic attack when blooper was flying through the air in 1-3 and I'm like, wait a sec...

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I just bought the game tonight and I decided to put it down at World 5. World 4 was a horrible pain, and World 5 is just as bad. I've played this before so all the level look familiar, but it's still hard.

slick128

Smash Apprentice
ANYWAYS, 2-2: It's not impossible. You hit that first block, and once you get on top of it, diagonally upwardly left (grammar!) is another hidden block.!
Yeah it isn't impossible cause I just went back and played through with Mario since Luigi slides too much.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
No, you're a terrible game.

Hmm. After playing this for a good ten hours, I got bored of it. It's definitely not as good as Star Fox in the long run. But still... aircraft carrier level. :)

Relean

Smash Cadet
I'm still waiting for the original Smash Bros...

Maybe, just maybe, since they broke our hearts with the delay, they'll release it on Monday for the VC.

greenblob

Smash Lord
I'm interested about this "Sin and Punishment." What's it about? I heard that it's multiplayer--what's that like? I've read the IGN and Gamespot reviews, but none of them were very clear on either subject.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ninja Gaiden 1 is hard as ****...and I hear NG2 is more of the same. I enjoy it...but then again, I liked Kid Icarus for its difficulty.

And I enjoy Sin and Punishment. The trick is to play two players.

slick128

Smash Apprentice
Since we have to wait for Brawl why not have a Virtual Console release of the original Smash Bros. on Dec. 3rd.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I'm interested about this "Sin and Punishment." What's it about? I heard that it's multiplayer--what's that like? I've read the IGN and Gamespot reviews, but none of them were very clear on either subject.
The game is amazing in single player. It's pure joy.

Multiplayer's lame; one person moves, rolls, and jumps while the other aims, shoots, and slashes.

BETA

Smash Ace
Beaten Lost Levels twice with Mario. Now I just need to beat it six more times to get to world A... argh!!! I love this game though!

First TGCD game got released today. Haven't played it, but supposedly it's one of the best shoot-em-ups of all time.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Hm... Sin and Punishment looks like a game that could work very well with the Wiimote...

I think I'm going to hold out until next week for my VC purchase.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
So... Seeing that "Sin and Punishment" game, and Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels on the Wii's VC give me hope of other Japan exclusive titles to be released, like, oh say, Mother!:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom