• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Virtual Console Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensai

Smash Master
Big news, guys. Super Turrican 1 and 2 have been announced for the VC.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Oh...and some ****ty game called Megaman was released today on Europe's Virtual Console.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
China Warrior( TurboGrafx)
Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo (SNES)
F Zero X (N64)

All out today.

Sensai

Smash Master
Breath of Fire 2 came out in either Europe or Japan last....day. Either way, more RPGs coming.

ActRaiser is really good. Probably one of my better buys on the system so far.

Ninja Gaiden is hard as hell. The first level of it isn't all bad (it's pretty easy, actually) but when you get to the level that first introduces birds...oh my God.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
****...I haven't bought a VC game in forever...I think I may look into this Treasure company with some Gunstar Heroes. Anyone recommend it?

Also, I sure hope Paper Mario does come out soon. Much like I want Kirby's Dreamland 3, KSS, Super Metroid, and SMRPG to be put on there. :/

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Super Mario Bros. 2 today!

I still have it on the NES- good times with that game, good times. Also we have Echo the Dolphin #2, and some other game I can't remember.

Anyways, SMB2 is highly reccomended by me.

Sensai

Smash Master
I definitely recommend Gunstar. It's a great, fun game.

[Edit:]

Nintendo said:
Mach Rider (NES, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): It's the year 2112. Earth has been invaded by the forces of evil. Battle the invaders as you race from sector to sector on your motorcycle, searching for survivors. Feel the incredible sense of speed as you zip past evil Quadrunners and zigzag between treacherous rocks, oil spills and other obstacles on the course. For a different challenge, create your own course in Design Mode, using the various twists, turns and straightaways the game has to offer. Remember, you are Earth's only hope you are Mach Rider.

Yoshi (NES, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Yoshi is an action/puzzle game starring Mario's dinosaur buddy, Yoshi, who has been imprisoned in an egg. Now it's raining Goombas, Bloopers and Boo Buddies, and you have to help Mario stop the airborne invasion. As the critters fall, catch them on trays. Stack two of a kind and they both disappear, or capture the whole bunch in between eggshells. When the eggshells match, out hatches Yoshi and up goes your score. The action heats up as the characters fall faster and faster. To save the day, switch and shuffle, and don't let your piles get too high.

Air "Zonk" (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone - Mild Cartoon Violence, 600 Wii Points): Air "Zonk" is a spin-off of the popular Bonk's Adventure series. This side-scrolling shooter retains the same cartoonish style of Bonk but is set in a cyberpunk future. The powered-up "Zonk" gathers his friends to form Team Cool, and they set out to stop King Drool's plan to conquer the world. Choose from three levels of difficulty and three Friend Modes. Shoot King Drool's cyber-robots and avoid their attacks while collecting the Air Bones to unleash a variety of unique attacks. Combine with a friend to create an invincible hybrid form or blast enemies with a charged attack. Air "Zonk" is filled with humor, made evident by the wacky theme song that plays when you post a huge score or when your game is over.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Paper Mario is coming out on Tuesday in Japan, meaning we should expect it soon here. Thank God I bought that 2000 card.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Oh, I hope Paper Mario comes out soon. I finally got around to beating TTYD recently, and I rented SPM. I want to revisit the original badly.

If there's one game that Nintendo needs to get on VC, it's Tetris Attack. That game is amazing. By far, it's my favorite puzzle game. Ever. My cousins and I can play this game for hours.

Has anybody played Yoshi before? I'm somewhat tempted to get it, but I don't know if it's any good.

Sensai

Smash Master
That Yoshi game intrigues me just 'cause I've never heard of it before.

Seriously...a Nintendo game that I've never heard of. It's just weird.

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi's cookie was the last game I ever brought for my original NES. I think I might give this one a try once more.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I just now noticed Paper Mario was available for download in Pal territories.

Awesome.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Heads will be rolling if they give us Turbografx games but don't give us SMRPG.

Sensai

Smash Master
So, Paper Mario is available everywhere but here. Cool.

Also, 5.5 million VC games sold, according to Reggie. I assume that means worldwide...which isn't bad at all.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
^ Especially when it costs them nothing to put these games on the VC.

Sensai

Smash Master
My J33bus something is wrong with SWF. Srsly guyz.

We have a good week in VC games, actually...
Infendo said:
Paper Mario - N64
Paper Mario is a graphically innovative game that breaks from the confines of the RPG genre. Now slimmed down, everyone’s favorite plumber flips, spins, jumps and hammers his way through scads of exotic worlds that teem with a huge and hugely entertaining supporting cast.

Balloon Fight - NES
Control a character to pop your opponents’ balloons before they pop yours. Sounds easy, doesn’t it? Don’t be fooled by this game’s simple premise or cute exterior. Underneath you’ll find a surprisingly addictive game with strategy to spare.

Silent Debuggers - TG16
Make your way through a dungeon-like space station and defeat the prowling monsters in this real-time first-person shooter. You’re a member of the elite Debuggers, a group of warriors who are jacks-of-all-trades.
Probably going to be pickin' up the first two, actually, since I never owned the original to either.

Eh, second thought...I've got Animal Crossing for Balloon Fight. Still, Paper Mario's going to be a blast. What about you guys?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm liking paper Mario, though I'm not sure the fighting's as complex as in 1k door. Don't think you can tme the attacks to do more damage, ect.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
I'm liking paper Mario, though I'm not sure the fighting's as complex as in 1k door. Don't think you can tme the attacks to do more damage, ect.
I had a lot more fun with the original Paper Mario, and like Doggalina says, you eventually can time your attacks to do more damage.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Hmm, well, now there are no known N64 games that are going to be for the Wii VC... as of yet.

Let's see... What N64 games do I want...

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Banjo-Kazooie (unlikely)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (EXTREMELY unlikely)
Diddy Kong Racing
Yoshi's Story

That's about it.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Paper Mario on VC might be the best 10 bucks I've ever spent. The game's presentation holds up shockingly well for a N64 game and the gameplay is just as addictive as the Cube and Wii sequels.

Message to Nintendo: Super Smash Bros 64. NOW!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
So, if I had to spend ten dollars on VC, would you advise me to get PM? I liked the Wii edition, I'm a little hesitant, but intrigued.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Yes. PM for N64 is amazing. I've been playing that game now since my friend let me borrow the N64 and a whole bunch of games.

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
The original paper mario is nothing link SPM, be warned.

It's infinitely better.

edit: nothing like... hmm

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'd assumed so, the whole flipping thing wasn't that entertaining IMO. I liked using Bowser anyways XD , I'm gonna get it.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I wish that there was a way to demo the games before you buy them. That's why I mostly stick to downloading games I've already played before. The few games I've bought that I haven't played were disappointments.

Sensai

Smash Master
Shining Force (Sega Genesis, 1 player, 800 Wii Points)
Devil's Crush (TurboGrafx16, 1-2 players, 600 Wii Points)
Kirby's Dream Course (Super NES, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points)

Those were the games out yesterday. I don't think I've ever played any of those except for Dream Course, and it's definitely not worth the money to replay as I still have it in SNES form hooked up. AND, it wasn't all that good a game.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I hope that they add DKC3 and Yoshi's Island soon.

Also, the original Mario Kart and the good Ninja Turtle games would be nice.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Kirby's Dream Course is awesome to me! It's just a really fun quasi-golf game.

Sorry, I've never posted in here before, and likely will never post again, but just thought I'd add my two cents on it. ^_^

Sensai

Smash Master
Dunno when Smash 64 will be released. I'm gonna have to secure another 10 bucks before then. Whew...10 dollars. Lots and lots of money.

And Kirby's Dream Course is a fun game...it's probably not worth the 8 bucks, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom