• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Virtual Console Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
3 wii cards, a classic controller, and a wii carrying case

edit: and so you get the wii points even faster, they just send you the code for the wii card in your email

I

i8waffles612

thats cool!!!

2 questions:

1. How long does it take for it to ship?

2. Do they call you for absolutely no reason and then your parents yesll at you for random people calling?

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
So far I haven't gotten any calls from them, but I also just gave them my cell number in case they did call.

As i previously said, they send the wii points code through the internet so it's a lot faster, and I think they quoted me about a week for the stuff to ship maybe longer, but it came earlier than they said it would.

I

i8waffles612

so do i just take random surveys like this starbucks survey and i get points??

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
once you complete the requirements they state for the survey and you then click complete, they will check to see if you have done the survey and if they see that you've done it they'll give you the points

edit: can't wait till smash bros comes out on vc (trying to stay somewhat on topic)

I

i8waffles612

once you complete the requirements they state for the survey and you then click complete, they will check to see if you have done the survey and if they see that you've done it they'll give you the points

edit: can't wait till smash bros comes out on vc (trying to stay somewhat on topic)
oh very nice!!!

omg its gonna be on the vc!!!???

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
More than likely it will, but if it's not on the vc(which is not gonna happen) than many fans would be really pissed off and riot.

Also, anyone have any suggestions for games to download other than mario kart, LoZ: a link to the past, mario 64?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Ocarina of Time, Gunstar Heroes, and Punchout. I need some more wii points to dl the last two, but from all the reviews/people talking, those are all mad good.

Edit:
Guitar>Gunstar

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
Well I mean I've already played Ocarina of Time and mainly just got Mario Kart for its multiplayer. I'm not sure if I should get single player games I already beat on the N64.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
I think you can use it for all of them, and for some, I think the NES, can also use the wiimote when it's sideways.

Sensai

Smash Master
You can use it for most of them.

And SPAWN means Gunstar Heros, not Guitar Heros.

Hm...wonder what's coming out this next week? And why is it that Nintendo seems to be sending more love Europe's way then the Americas these days? They got ActRaiser like...forever ago, and I'm still waiting on it.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Nice catch, Sensai. I'll edit that now.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I actually wanted to subscribe as well to the webpage AS Juggernaut has as his sig...But when I got there it said you must live in USA or Canada! ********! It just sounds too good to be true though! Wish we had stuff like that in Greece as well:(

I

i8waffles612

im doing all the surveys but it is dissaproving most of them.....

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
yea sometimes it does that, but if you have access to a credit card you can do these ones that are free that give you a lot of points, but you have to make sure to quit before the free trial is over

I

i8waffles612

gaming lagoon is only a free trial? u have to pay soon?

or do youmean the credit card surveys....

and my bro has a credit card and i dont and he thinks this is a scam so im only doing 100% free right now and when i get something he will believe me and use his cc

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Pac-Man® (NES®, 1-2 players, 500 Wii Points): Move Pac-Man through the maze, avoiding ghosts and eating all the Pac-Dots. Beware, each of the ghosts behave differently. When Pac-Man chomps a Power Pellet, he becomes invincible and is able to eat the blue ghosts. The more ghosts Pac-Man eats in a row, the higher the score. Don't forget to eat the bonus fruit too. Released in 1980, Pac-Man is the most well-known video game on Earth and is also commonly acknowledged as one of the most successful coin-operated games in history. Enjoy this masterpiece of gaming history today.

Ninja Gaiden™ (NES®, 1 player, 500 Wii Points): Players take on the role of Ryu Hayabusa, a rising warrior in his family's clan whose main role in the world is to protect the Dark Dragon Blade from falling into the hands of evil. Ryu travels to America to seek vengeance for his father's death. Players fight their way through 14 challenging side-scrolling levels while defeating gangs of street thugs, battling evil ninjas and fighting barbarian bosses by using the deadly Dragon Sword, ninja skills and Ninpo (ninja magic). Players can run, crouch, jump and climb as they make their way through each stage and collect items to gain points, strength and weapons.

Ninja Spirit (TurboGrafx16, 1-2 players, 600 Wii Points): Ninja Spirit is a side-scrolling action game that amazed the gaming world with its precision graphics and quality game play. Play as the ninja Moonlight and engage in a fierce battle to avenge his father's death and unlock the secrets of his birth. Select between the original ARCADE MODE and PC-ENGINE MODE, which includes a life gauge. Use four types of weapons: katana, shuriken, bombs and chain and sickles to battle your way through the enemies. Pick up power-up items and switch between weapons to give you the advantage. You'll need to consider the enemy attacks and your weapon's abilities in order to deftly make it through all seven stages. Use your skills and attacks to get through the game's boundless enemies and traps. That's what ninja action is all about.

Sensai

Smash Master
Probably going to pick up both Ninja Gaiden AND Ninja Spirit....

Ninja Gaiden is a cool, somewhat difficult game that I played on my DS awhile back (homebrew!), and Ninja Spirit just looks cool as all get out.

Pac Man...eh. Seen it a hundred times.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
They said it's coming in Nintendo Power, and it was on the ESRB list. So Paper Mario Soon. I've been saving my 1000 points for that game, can't wait to buy it. I've beaten the game like 4 times at least, and it never gets old.

Sensai

Smash Master
WHAT!? WHAT?!!??!?!?!?

WHAT?!?!?!?!

/asplode

Seriously, I will snatch up the original Paper Mario game faster then you can say 'zomg he just snatched up that Paper Mario game'.

THAT quick.

Sensai

Smash Master
Update:

Nintendo said:
Donkey Kong Country 2™: Diddy's Kong Quest™ (SNES®, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): In the sequel to the immensely popular Donkey Kong Country™, Diddy Kong® gets the spotlight, along with his girlfriend, Dixie Kong™ - a great little monkey with a dangerous ponytail. The action starts on the wreck of King K. Rool's Gangplank Galleon that has apparently broken up on a reef offshore from the Kremlings' Island. Diddy and his friends will have to work together to rescue Donkey Kong®, exploring all the hidden areas of the Kremlings' island: a spooky haunted forest, treacherous swamps, a giant beehive oozing with sticky honey and lava-filled caves, just to name a few.

Streets of Rage™ 2 (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): To celebrate their defeat of the Syndicate exactly one year before, Blaze, Adam and Axel met for drinks. The next morning, Axel received a frantic phone call from Eddie "Skate" Hunter, Adam's younger brother, whom he was living with on the edge of the city. Blaze and Axel found Adam and Skate's house wrecked, and a picture showing Adam chained up at the feet of Mr. X. The city then once again returned to its nightmarish state as criminals ran rampant. Unable to contact their old friend in artillery, Axel and Blaze team up with Skate and Max Thunder to free the city and rescue Adam from the Syndicate. It is up to you to take down Mr. X once and for all.

Blazing Lazers (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): Blazing Lazers is a vertical-scrolling shooter that was praised for surpassing the limitations of the hardware of its time. Players control the extraordinary firepower of their Gunhed Star Fighter to take on the Dark Squadron that has begun its invasion of Earth. Collect power-ups to increase your ship's battle strength so it can cut through enemies and defeat the bosses in all nine areas. Of course, as part of the "Soldier" series, the game contains a good combination of fast-paced speed with catchy, drum-propelled background music, coupled with the Field Thunder that can be used to destroy enemies in one fell swoop for the ultimate sense of satisfaction. With its fine-tuned difficulty levels, Blazing Lazers is a shooting game that anyone can enjoy.
So. Anyone getting SoR2 or DKC2? Or the other one?

Sensai

Smash Master
Ok. Paper Mario has been confirmed by the Nintendo Power magazine for coming out this next month. That's good news.

Megaman (the original one, mind you) has also been confirmed as of late.

One more also: Kid Chameleon and Air Zonk will be coming up shortly on the Japanese VC, meaning we can be expecting those here soon.

...whew. It's hard work.

Wuss

Smash Champion
DKC2 is an amazing game. still got the original for SNES. by far the best donkey kong game ever. it was indeed hard, frank fly, but I've beaten like 3 times, so much fun...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Warning: Duckhunt is not very fun.

Yeah, yeah. I know this was one of those super cool games back in the good old days, but I have this game for my NES. It's boring.

Drat, I have already beaten the original Super Mario fairly recently too. There's no point in buying it.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Duck Hunt was boring. :(

I remember skipping it all the time to play Super Mario Bros.

Paper Mario comming out is great, but where is Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars? :( I also want to get Super Metroid because I never got to play it (I know..... bad).

Sensai

Smash Master
Duck Hunt...eh. The only redeeming factor about it is that it's got that dog in there (is he joking? Is he kidding?).

They've also announced Hogan's Alley and the other game that used a light gun for the VC. They're waiting to release the gun alongside those.

It looks like there will be a new channel specifically for the download of new content. The ETA is within the next 2 months...

Paper Mario, SMRPG, and Kirby Allstars are the games I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom