• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Wii Virtual Console Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensai

Smash Master
ActRaiser has finally been confirmed for the American VC, due to a new posting on the ESRB website.

Oh, and bump.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
mario paint was so much fun. the flyswatter game was fun, but the music maker was amazing too. has it been confirmed or anything yet?
i remember hearing when there was going to be an n64 version that you could make 3d models and such in...then after so long after the gamecube was released, i saw a screenshot for a GC version. i got so excited...nothing since then though. anybody remember that? god i hope theyre working on a wii version...and actually release it.

and sensai, im with you on kirby all star. i played that game so much, but i dont know what happened to mine. i hope they release it on the VC.

Teh Otar

Smash Rookie
I totally agree with all of you on Kirby and Super Mario RPG. Those were two of my favorite games ever :)

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but has anyone gone on forums on the Internet channel yet? It's a pretty dumb question because I'm sure most, if not all of you have, but typing long messages can get so monotonous! Thankfully I'm using a computer though, but when I type on the Wii I type like a total noob because I get lazy...

Sensai

Smash Master
Bump for new content!

ActRaiser (1 player, SNES, 800 Wii points)
J.J. & Jeff (1 player, TurboGrafx16, 600 Wii points)
Kid Chameleon (1-2 players, Sega Genesis, 800 Wii points)

I spent about 30 bucks on the Virtual Console two days ago, picking up a lot of stuff...it seems I'm gonna have to drop another 8 for ActRaiser. W00t!

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Wow. Never owned a SNES....jee jee.

ActRaiser combines RPG elements, platforming gameplay, and God-sim into a nice package.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Yeah, it sucks to have never owned a SNES. Funny thing is, I've had every other Nintendo system, but the games I want to play the most seem to be on SNES.

I've never played Chrono Trigger OR SMRPG.
I know, it's terrible, that's why I need to see some more VC SNES action. I got Super Mario World, and I love it.

Skywalker

Space Jump
ActRaiser (1 player, SNES, 800 Wii points)
J.J. & Jeff (1 player, TurboGrafx16, 600 Wii points)
Kid Chameleon (1-2 players, Sega Genesis, 800 Wii points)
Alright, Nintendo is seriously ticking me off.
  • Nintendo refuses to pump out its own published games. Its own games were what kept the systems so popular, incidentally. Ironically, just about every Nintendo-published game that is out for purchase has already been re-released or remade.
  • Nintendo is incredibly stingy with the releasing of N64 games. I have seen a total of four in over half a year.
I spent $39.99 on a WiFi Connector for Virtual Console alone, but who knows--maybe things will improve.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

For me, I'm really enjoying the games that I never got a chance to play. The TurboGraphx-16 is a blast to say the least and I never really payed much attention to the Genesis we had.

But I definitely feel your pain for the 64 thing...there were a lot of good 64 games that I missed that I would love to see on there.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I'm looking forward to N64 games the most, since I spent most of my childhood (under 10) playing them.

Any Mario Party
Majora's Mask
Donkey Kong 64
Chameleon Twist
Yoshi's Story
Super Smash Bros.
Dr. Mario 64

Thanks for posting the listings for today though, Sensai.
(And wow, Memorial Day was incredibly fun, but now I'm tuckered out)

Sensai

Smash Master
It seems that Zelda II (the black sheep side-scroller addition to the family) will be available on Monday.

So, there you go. At least one title that's worth a download on Monday (unless you didn't enjoy it). I, personally, really enjoyed it. Zelda with RPG elements is golden, IMO.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
omg i hate the virtual console. i already bought like 24 games and still need to catch up with... dkc2, sterets of rage 2, and robotnik's mean bean machine. and now i have to look forward to paper mario, and zelda 2. wtf. im broke.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I was wondering who bought all of those crappy games. :)

Nintendo has released a list of the best selling VC games to date.

1) Super Mario Bros.(NES)
2) Super Mario 64 (N64)
3) Mario Kart 64 (N64)
4) Super Mario World (SNES)
5) The Legend of Zelda (NES)

If they released Super Mario Bros.3 Mario games would probably have the top five slots. OoT might have made the list if everyone wasn't so burnt out on it.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Pretty much anyone who uses Virtual Console owns at least one of those five games.

Sensai

Smash Master
I don't have any of those games on the VC. MWAHAHA!!

Given...that's only because my NES is hooked up within 2 feet of my Wii at all times and I already have 1 and 5. Old NES games are a strong temptation, especially now that I'm going to be going to college soon.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
4.7 million VC games sold so far. That's pretty crazy.

Sensai

Smash Master
Milon's Secret Castle (NES, 1 player, 500 Wii Points): Though it's not much of a secret castle if the title gives it away, it certainly is one that adheres to video game tradition. Expect to rescue a princess and several valuable items -- musical instruments in this case -- within its recesses.

ToeJam & Earl in Panic on Funkotron (Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): Video game tradition is given the boot here, with amusingly mismatched aliens, Toejam & Earl, saving their planet by ridding it of a human scourge.

Dead Moon (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): Alright, now we're back to protecting the Earth from alien invasion. It's why we have side-scrolling shooters like this one.

Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES, 1 player, 500 Wii Points): Everyone's favorite pointy-eared protagonist returns to Hyrule in the Virtual Console's 100th release. Aid Link in his battle against the forces of evil, Zelda's newfound narcoleptic tendencies and an endless wave of best Zelda ever / worst Zelda ever controversy.

bball2012

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but buying Punch-Out is probably the best way you could ever spend five dollars. Easily my most satisfying purchase.

I actually find that I regret a lot of my purchases right after I make them. For instance, I got A Link to the Past when it came out even though I have it (and never bothered to beat it) on GBA. I figured once I had it on the big screen I would be totally enthralled. Nothin' doing, though the opening scene in the rain was and is all kinds of awesome. Mario 64 was much the same. I think I will just go with stuff that's new to me in the future (along with Chrono Trigger because it's THAT awesome).

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Don't count on seeing Chrono Trigger, or many SquareEnix games...they've already commented that the Japanese market still needs tangible games so they wouldn't be releasing too many things on the VC. Load of crap, really.

And I buy things that I know I'll enjoy. And you're right: Punch-Out!! is great.

Skywalker

Space Jump
I'm surprised at how addicting Galaga is. It has that classic, arcade'y feel without feeling like a rehash of the 2D Space Shooter genre. Bomberman for the Turbographx is fun with friends (even if Bomberman Generation's options aren't present), but the single player in no way is nearly as good.

Sensai

Smash Master
I bring good news! And it comes in twos!

Sonic 2 (the one with the two player thing featuring Tails) has just been confirmed for VC via the ESRB online...thing. And, here's the good good news, so has F-Zero X. w00t!

Having never played any F-Zero game save the original, I'm definitely looking forward to downloading it.

petre

Smash Lord
i just downloaded DKC2 (being one of the funnest games ive played ever on snes), and i have to say im dissapointed on the control scheme for the GC controller. you cant change it, either. you have to hold Y to run and press B to jump, without pressing A, because thats the team-up button, and youll end up not jumping at all if you press that.

has anyone else had similar annoyances with downloading snes games?

Skywalker

Space Jump
I use a strange Gamecube classic controller which was made by Pelican, petre. My friend prefers playing all his VC games with the standard GCN controller, though I can't figure out why. >.>

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Paper mario is announced to go on the VC. Im a huge fan Super mario RPG for snes (best game ever) so is paper mario is as good as the first one? better?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I wouldn't be surprised if they released Paper Mario, and F Zero X at the same time. It's been a while since they released a n64 game.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be surprised if they released Paper Mario, and F Zero X at the same time. It's been a while since they released a n64 game.
I definitely would be. I mean, they wouldn't release them both at once, it's not like they way they've been doing things; they have to make us wait for it!

petre

Smash Lord
gba? i didnt know zelda 2 was on gba...? im thinking youre talking about lttp...zelda 2 was an NES game. if it is on gba then forget about this.

anyway, zelda 2 is mostly a sidescroller...its got an overhead world map though. youll probably not know where to go at least half the time youre playing the game (maybe that was just me, but when playing the game, i got lost/confused so many times...), but otherwise its a zelda game, with dungeons and puzzles and monsters and all that fun stuff.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
Well I got SoR2 and it is very pleasant. Brings many good memories back.
I'm still wondering if Tales of Phantasia will come out on the VC as well.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

I have it, but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

F-Zero X was released for Europe on Friday, meaning it should be here (probably) within the month. Given, they had ActRaiser for a good few months before we got it...

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
NES Open Tournament Golf (NES, 1-2 players, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): We all knew that Mario was a top-notch plumber, but did you know that he could also be a world-class golfer? You can challenge another player in Stroke, Match and Tournament modes. Play on three fantasy courses in the USA, the UK and Japan and try to win a million dollars. Make sure you keep an eye on the wind and distance to the hole before selecting your club, or else you'll be racking up some high scores - which is exactly what you don't want to do in this game. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced golfer, NES Open Tournament Golf is perfect for those days when you just can't get to the local golf course.

World Sports Competition (TurboGrafx-16, 1-5 players, Rated E for Everyone, 600 Wii Points): Play through a total of 18 Olympic events in this action/sports title. Players compete in six categories of events that include shooting, archery, rowing, swimming and track and field. The game features Olympics mode, where you play all the events over the course of a few days, and Training mode, where you can choose individual events to play. After practicing in Training mode, go for the gold in Olympics mode and break world records. Depending on your play time and ability, you can enjoy the game a number of different ways. Gather friends and play in competitions with up to five players to get even more out of this great game.

Bloody Wolf (TurboGrafx-16, 1 player, Rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and Older - Animated Blood, Violence, 600 Wii Points): Enter alone, deep into enemy territory to rescue the kidnapped President in this overhead-view action shooter. Take on the role of a commando in a Special Forces team and face your enemies with an onslaught of weapons, including machine guns and grenades. Earn valuable information, weapons and items by rescuing POWs. Fight your way to the end of each stage and defeat the boss by effectively using your weapons and equipment. This port of the insanely popular arcade game features refined graphics, story and cut-scenes, making this action game a must-have. This new and enhanced version includes the never-been-told second half of the story that was left out of the arcade version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom