• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-The Wi-fi Marth Thread-

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Fair(lol) enough.
Why emo-ness? 8 hours of continuous work on a computer science program, no food, no sleep, no breaks minus 2min visits to
I'm done with HALF of it.
T_T /emo

ilu backlash, gimme like 5 min to finish something up. My friend wants to hack a router LOL >>

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Ding ding ding. *hands ZMT a cookie*

Yes, the green marth was my brother and he isnt quite that adept with marth. He uses the bigger slower characters. But anyway, ggs.

Edit: Oh and i wll play you dragon if you're ready. :)
It better be chocolate chip lols.

Yeah ggs, and Feardragon ill be on all day tomorrow, and Im sure everyone else here will be on sometime tomorrow, so we can play then.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Fair(lol) enough.
Why emo-ness? 8 hours of continuous work on a computer science program, no food, no sleep, no breaks minus 2min visits to
I'm done with HALF of it.
T_T /emo

ilu backlash, gimme like 5 min to finish something up. My friend wants to hack a router LOL >>
Haha, I guess I'd be emo too in your place, GL with all that.

SeanxFayt

Smash Cadet
NNID
xKintoUn
Switch FC
SW-5031-3151-4071
I wouldn't mind playing anybody also :D hit me up if you wanna play thru aim (DJParappa1993) or msn (SeanxFayt@live.com)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Hey guys i got some new vids that i need to be critique. Thanks in advance.
Katsu(Marth) vs. Ghost Pikmin(Mr. Game and Watch) 1
Katsu(Marth) vs. Neji(Falco) 3
Just watched the GameWatch one.

Too many spotdodges. Too many Fsmashes. Don't charge Fsmash either.

Also don't approach with Nair, Fair is safer. Do not approach with Dancing Blade either, and if it whiffs, stop it unless your foe rolled behind you and is charging a smash or something (in which case finish to get the **** away).

Learn to tech the GnW Dthrow.

Also that GnW is the typical predictable one that telegraphs like everything he does. When he
Up+B, he like ALWAYS canceled with an attack. Shield and Dolphin Slash and/or Counter.

Less Utilt. Especially don't try it just to hit him from behind. Use DB for that.

Sora_Kurisu

Smash Apprentice
ok thank you VietGeek for the advice. Ill take that advice to heart and will correct my mistakes. I try to do ftilt but sometimes it comes out to be a fsmash rather than a ftilt. Ill try not to use that much utilt and stuff. I have a hard time teching GnW dthrow because i have only one shield button and this is the first GnW i played so i dont completely know his moveset.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
ok thank you VietGeek for the advice. Ill take that advice to heart and will correct my mistakes. I try to do ftilt but sometimes it comes out to be a fsmash rather than a ftilt. Ill try not to use that much utilt and stuff. I have a hard time teching GnW dthrow because i have only one shield button and this is the first GnW i played so i dont completely know his moveset.
If you play w/ a GCN controller, set the jump button you don't use (between X/Y) to shield. Since you have to press your analog triggers all the way to tech in this game, having a little digital button for teching is extremely useful.

Also ftilt isn't necessary lol. Just use jab. It's a lot safer and basically does the same thing, which is to swat them away as an anti-air attack. Use Ftilt if they're really predictable up in the air or if a platform is angled low enough. Save it for where it counts.

Sora_Kurisu

Smash Apprentice
ok but i changed my controls for the gcn controller a bit because i main more than just marth. I took off tap jump off, change my Y to grab, change my z to special, and change my R to attack. The reason why i took off tap jump is for me to do utilt easier and i dont do unnecessary jumps, i change z to special because it enables me to do up out of the shield, and R because i can boost smash with my other characters and it makes it easier for me to usmash out of the shield because i dont have tap jump and Y to grab because i need a grab button. So my controls are pretty much set. I guess i need practice teching it with L. When do I know when i need to press L to tech GnW dthrow? Like the timing? Again thanks again for helping me improve.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
ok but i changed my controls for the gcn controller a bit because i main more than just marth. I took off tap jump off, change my Y to grab, change my z to special, and change my R to attack. The reason why i took off tap jump is for me to do utilt easier and i dont do unnecessary jumps, i change z to special because it enables me to do up out of the shield, and R because i can boost smash with my other characters and it makes it easier for me to usmash out of the shield because i dont have tap jump and Y to grab because i need a grab button. So my controls are pretty much set. I guess i need practice teching it with L. When do I know when i need to press L to tech GnW dthrow? Like the timing? Again thanks again for helping me improve.
You have to time it, and in this game, you have to tech BEFORE the throw occurs. You can't do it like at the same time as in Melee (which is why very few can tech consistently in Brawl).

If you want, you could sacrifice a taunt button (probably Up) for shield and it'll be your special Anti-GnW Dthrow button. I don't know, some people have crazy control schemes sometimes.

Sora_Kurisu

Smash Apprentice
You have to time it, and in this game, you have to tech BEFORE the throw occurs. You can't do it like at the same time as in Melee (which is why very few can tech consistently in Brawl).

If you want, you could sacrifice a taunt button (probably Up) for shield and it'll be your special Anti-GnW Dthrow button. I don't know, some people have crazy control schemes sometimes.
Hey i like the sound of that. Ive been trying to find something to replace the taunt buttons since i dont use them. Great idea man. I'll do that when i play brawl. Thanks again VietGeek.

SeanxFayt

Smash Cadet
NNID
xKintoUn
Switch FC
SW-5031-3151-4071
oo almost read your post wrong lol thought you said you took tap jump off >.< practice makes perfect =p

hit me up if you wanna run some dittos tho

SeanxFayt

Smash Cadet
NNID
xKintoUn
Switch FC
SW-5031-3151-4071
ggs to you also I liek your marth :O and nah I don't have a camera so I couldn't lol

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
****. it was fun though, hit me up to play anytime, our connection was great except for the end.

You three stocked my D3 and i Dtilt locked your Peach twice. Sex.
I nee to work on getting out of the air safer and not jumping my UpB.

100th post in the thread btw.

SeanxFayt

Smash Cadet
NNID
xKintoUn
Switch FC
SW-5031-3151-4071
ooo nice I wanted the 100th D: I guess 99th'll do =p and pkmn stadium was crazy when I had peach lolol I was mashin all the buttons tryna get outta the dtilt but it wasn't workin XD

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Iight.

Host it please. If I don't join in a few, but it says I'm online, gimme a sec to restart my router.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
If anyone needs critiquing, Im available now, and will be on and off most of tonight.

Edit: I wont be able to play, sorry.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
GG's bro.

****, didn't realize how much my Marth sucked. But lag + online = fail.

Up for a few more NB22? Or nahh. Dunno how I got D/Ced :\.

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Great games Kuro! Those were some fun Marth dittos, and I recorded a few.

Also, lolzy Falco and Snake matches we had. Falcon paunch and 9 paunch FTW! :D

I'm done for now. I'll upload our matches later.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
lol, Kuro homie.

And yeah. But the Marth ones I failed horribly. You can put them up though. I know I could've played so much better :[.

XDD.

Those were fun to. You got a nice Falco btw. ;]

nintendoboyyy22

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. Well I main Marth sooo, I'm glad I did good lol.

Your Falco is your best BTW, I need to get my boost pivot grabs down. I keep DAC'ing when I try on accident :/ lol.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Haha, thanks. He's my main. <__<

I plan on working on Marth though. My spacing sucks. Baaddd.

You up for a few more Marth dittos, doesn't have to be recorded? And easier with Tap Jump Off, but I leave mine on.

Top Bottom