• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't get how someone can be a bad troll, that would imply that there is some form of art to trolling, or that trolling is an achievement.

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't get how someone can be a bad troll, that would imply that there is some form of art to trolling, or that trolling is an achievement.
It is pretty funny to watch when people troll well, and it does seem like there's an art to doing it well.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
No I haven't. For some reason I'm trying to make it seem as if it's not that big of a deal. The idiocy of doing so hasn't quite hit me until now.
That's like a friend of mine. He missed the fall semester due to breaking his arm and leg and couldn't go to school. Despite officially withdrawing, they gave him an F in all his classes, so he couldn't start up at the local school in the spring semester. Instead of driving the two hours to get there, which he had plenty of time to do, he just kept putting it off and couldn't go to school for that semester. Now he's a year behind (technically two since he picked an entirely different major), and it's really his fault. Don't fall into that trap.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Well, there is a certain art to it, really.

A good troll is someone who does not go too far. Who says something ridiculous enough to get replies, but not something so ridiculous that it's immediately unbelievable. To put it in other words, a troll gets attention without appearing like that's what he/she's trying to do.

NNID
Budget_Player
Maybe she did have a thing for you, but because you don't live there, it was killing her? Also, maybe a boyfriend.
I honestly don't know, but I seriously doubt that it's a boyfriend. She's not exactly high on the social ladder (read: lowest rung due to very strange mannerisms and being slightly mentally impaired).

Hey come on, everyone knows that trolling is a art.

Here Rests A Cemetery

Banned via Administration
Why would you want to date a mentally impaired girl?

Unless you're also that low on the social ladder. Find a better mate.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I don't have a big problem or anything. But I need to fix my sleeping schedule. I can't make myself fall asleep and I only feel sleepy around 4 in the morning now. So I usually wake up at 2 pm now. I know, that's pretty bad so I might try and stay up an entire day, this way I'll be tired all day and then I can make myself fall asleep at the appropriate time to fix my sleeping pattern. If that plan doesn't work its not too bad since I'm still on winter break so no harm done. What do you guys think? Also I'm pretty much snowed in so me being tired all day won't affect any obligations I have since well I don't have any today.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't have a big problem or anything. But I need to fix my sleeping schedule. I can't make myself fall asleep and I only feel sleepy around 4 in the morning now. So I usually wake up at 2 pm now. I know, that's pretty bad so I might try and stay up an entire day, this way I'll be tired all day and then I can make myself fall asleep at the appropriate time to fix my sleeping pattern. If that plan doesn't work its not too bad since I'm still on winter break so no harm done. What do you guys think? Also I'm pretty much snowed in so me being tired all day won't affect any obligations I have since well I don't have any today.
This is probably the best way to do it. The hardest part is not taking a nap inbetween.

You kind of come off as an ***.
I actually agree with this, but...

Not you apparently. And that's your problem LT. You care about gays and only gays.
I'm not a troll. I'm just sick of LT and I wish he wasn't a moderator.
No I haven't. For some reason I'm trying to make it seem as if it's not that big of a deal. The idiocy of doing so hasn't quite hit me until now.

Well, there is a certain art to it, really.

A good troll is someone who does not go too far. Who says something ridiculous enough to get replies, but not something so ridiculous that it's immediately unbelievable. To put it in other words, a troll gets attention without appearing like that's what he/she's trying to do.
There is no art to trolling.
If you piss someone off/enflame a situation/exacerbate a stupid argument, you're successful. If you don't, then you can be considered a "bad troll".

Dre. is largely right.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I've always found trolling a lackluster career. If you do it right you get people to take you seriously and no one actually knows you've trolled them And if that's the overall goal, I don't think it's interesting. The only one aware of your accomplishment is you. And that's no fun. I want people to notice my accomplishments and I want to bask in the light of success. There's no light to bask in for a successful troll. This makes me unhappy.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Then you're in the right thread...
This unhappy thread is hilarious! So funny!
I like it.

Those who are against trolling are just trolling. lol

There are 2 kinds of 'good' trolling.

1. Smart Stupidity.
This is when a single post (conversation/comment) with an abundance of intelligent points or simply a solution/idea with plenty of reason and sense behind it is seen. Often more than one of these 'posts' as it's more impactful and spreads over to seem less of a 'one time thing'

Then that series of goodness is followed by constant spam (though it doesn't have to be bad). Simply making points that don't lead anywhere or posting bits of information and contributing to other conversations and topics without actually 'contributing' along.

Result : People pay attention and bother reading the posts but non of them are useful, hence the person is getting trolled without you needing to instigate anything. The person (people) have been persuaded by you into doing something that (by defining trolling) "drags something out without progressing to distract/frustrate/etc others"

2. Sneaky Stupidity.
The more situation 'commendable' type of trolling.

An example would be to MULTIQUOTE 20 quotes.
Write small, useless, troll-like things about 19 of them, strech the page by ENLARGING something
But having 1 paragraph about 1 of the quotes that is meaningfull.
Passes mods as it isn't spam since there is valid 'post' in there, but annoying and 'distracts/frustrates/etc' just the same.

I've had amazing success with both.
Trolling is a lifestyle
Good trolling anway...
Bad trolls don't know what they're doing.
You could say that about any 'way of life' though.
:)

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I actually agree with this, but...

There is no art to trolling.
If you piss someone off/enflame a situation/exacerbate a stupid argument, you're successful. If you don't, then you can be considered a "bad troll".

Dre. is largely right.
just because you don't approve of trolling doesn't mean there isn't a "good" and "bad" technique to it. the idea of trolling is to drag people along as long as possible. the best trolls keep the suspension of disbelief going for as long as possible and then hit everyone with something so over the top and crazy that it immediately unveils itself as a troll as a way of pointing and laughing at all the people you riled up.

and it's not a "way of life" it's just a way to keep entertained on internet forums

Grandeza

Smash Master
just because you don't approve of trolling doesn't mean there isn't a "good" and "bad" technique to it. the idea of trolling is to drag people along as long as possible. the best trolls keep the suspension of disbelief going for as long as possible and then hit everyone with something so over the top and crazy that it immediately unveils itself as a troll as a way of pointing and laughing at all the people you riled up.

and it's not a "way of life" it's just a way to keep entertained on internet forums
This sounds too difficult. I think I'll go back to real life. Sounds easier.

BSP

Smash Legend
Napping is important, everyone should do it more. Promote it when you get your sleeping schedule back.
Tough to do though, for many reasons. Better for health and everything else overall when you can.

I take pride in my trolling...

Dre sucks. >:[
Napping throws my system out of wack :\

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Then that's your problem, you have a system.
Change is the most important thing you can do if you're trying to get better.

To improve is to become different towards a better *insert whatever here*

Getting out of comfort zones is the best possible thing to do when stuck.
It's the best possible thing you can do EVER, even when you think you're not stuck, you don't know what you don't know, and there's always more to know than we could ever know. :D

Naps are gud.

I troll real life more than 'internet forums' and it's not even a big part of my life, it's a part of EVERYONES life though, that's for sure. :D

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I starting to come to know that my brother is quite sadistic at times. If he is upset he will try to make everyone else suffer in agony and that is upsetting to me because I live in the same house.

lol What an unnecessary post.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Work is making me tired, to be fair I have made loads of money but **** I need a rest. I'm only getting tomorrow and New Years Day off this week.

I did recently discover that I have 6 weeks of holidays to take before March though, so that'll be good.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Actually all the posts in this thread are necessary. Where else can I laugh at others' misfortunes on such a regular basis?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
News isn't always very eventful, and paedophile rapist paedopjile rapist ARE YOU A PAEDOPHILE? paedophile rapist kinda gets old after a while.

BSP

Smash Legend
I got stuck babysitting this morning >_>

Oh well, my sis said she'd bring me something back for lunch.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
At random I get a bit down sometimes. Nothing major, just I feel sad but can't pinpoint exactly whilst I feel sad.

It only happens about once or twice a month but it's rather annoying. I feel a bit upset right now, why? I have no idea. It'll pass by tomorrow, just it's going to put a downer on my night.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
At random I get a bit down sometimes. Nothing major, just I feel sad but can't pinpoint exactly whilst I feel sad.

It only happens about once or twice a month but it's rather annoying. I feel a bit upset right now, why? I have no idea. It'll pass by tomorrow, just it's going to put a downer on my night.
Gee, I know the feeling.

My current problem. I gained weight. Granted I'm not the fata** I was back in January, but the fact that I gained weight over the summer and fall really sucks. What's more, I find myself locked in the house due to freezing weather. I want to rejoin the YMCA, but I've no car, and walking in the weather the way it is would be a hassle, considering it takes 30 minutes walking (longer, if I don't power walk). Even worse, I find myself in the habit of eating when I'm bored, sad, or upset. Man, I really have to "kick rocks" and just go out there... but then there's my terrible vice of being a terrible procrastinator.

For the procrastinator part, here's a good example: I find out I was accepted into the Temp Debater group (apparently, they send no PMs to indicate this). So I'm like "great, now I can try and debate in the Proving Grounds and go for my Debater status"... yet, I've yet to type a single letter in said board. I mean, it's on my Favorites List, nothing's stopping me. I guess my lack of real motivation and idleness really kills me. I mean, I probably could have gotten a drivers lisence (and maybe a car) years ago... but no, I keep putting things off. If I don't post something in the Proving Grounds soon, I may lose my Temp Debater status (if I haven't already). *sighs*

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm really bothered about paying for my last semester's tuition. I just took out a loan which seems good enough, of course I won't be approved without my mom as a cosigner, I told her to call them today to finish it and I'm assuming she did. The problem is that my mom changed her name so it's causing some problems with her credit check. If we're denied the loan on the basis of that then we're screwed because we pretty much won't be able to get a loan anywhere.

And This is a private student loan, therefore it has a relatively high interest so there is always the possibility that she simple won't agree to cosign it. I wish my life didn't suck so much.

Top Bottom