• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Merkuri

Smash Lord
wow, what a really ****y sumpleupon.

As a girl, I think that it's expected of me to be offended, and I am.
You are a very selfish person. Of course sex with a condom doesn't feel good. ON BOTH SIDES. Have you ever thought about that? But that's besides the point.

Females can still get pregnant during their "safe" week, you idiot. And that "safe week" can sometimes change due to stress. If you weren't so self-centered, you would look at the many other different ways of having sex without a condom that would not lead to pregancy or STDs without forcing some unlucky girl to hve sex with you because "it doesn't feel as good"

Guys like you make me wanna go gay.
You're an Idiot. The minus in pleasure is not equal on both sides, and it's stupid for you or anyone to think that. You can be offended, but don't make a response to me if it's going to be as stupid as this. Like Pluvia you need to take sex 101 again.

The female actually receives more contact from the penis when he wears a condom(common sense since the area around the penis increases), in fact many women report finding protective sex more enjoyable than unprotected sex, obviously however this varies according to the woman. On the other hand the penis is no longer in contact with the membrane of the vagina, and the membrane of the vagina feels awesome.

Moreover you *******, I never claimed that females can't get pregnant in the safe week, but that it's far far less likely; and that is a scientific fact. Lastly contrary to that moronic statement you made, birth control pills as well as the patch are cancerous. If you take the pill constantly it increases your chances of cancer(not breast cancer) many times over. There is an abundant amount of research on it you wanna google that.

Maybe I'm a bit late on this, but was Merkuri's username supposed to be symbolic, in that he's quick to aggression, and mercury is known to arouse aggression?.
How come people keep pointing out my aggression, and no one made note of that vicious attack that Xianglan made on me. I really hope Luigi Toilet, or whoever is response infracted her accordingly. Anyways my user-name is symbolic to the properties of mercury. Specifically that it highly toxic and non-viscous. The idea is that it's a deadly flow. The same as playing style in smash.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Told you everyone attacks him. He's always the victim no matter how much trolling he does.
You would think he'd get banned from the thread by now. I also LOVE how we get flak for pointing out his bull**** and then being told not to respond.

EDIT: lolbanned

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Told you everyone attacks him. He's always the victim no matter how much trolling he does.
It would kinda be cool if you didn't troll every post I made.

Also I can't imagine what you're getting at. I'm convinced you're not stupid enough to think that Xianglian response to me wasn't an attack against me.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You would think he'd get banned from the thread by now. I also LOVE how we get flak for pointing out his bull**** and then being told not to respond.
It's called not feeding the trolls.

It's more effective than banning because rather than them knowing they've generated enough heat to get the hammer, they see nobody ever reacting to them and give up.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Teran that's an interesting point you make about people not using contraception right.

One of the arguments against abstination is that people will give in and then have sex without contraception. This is an argument to say we should use contraception. But then you say people don't use contraception right, which leads to problems. But that's the exact same issue as abstinence (people not doing it right), and apparently that's a good enough argument against it, but not for contraception. Seems like a double standard to me.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I honestly don't know why people don't like rain. It is probably cuz where I live, we only get like 10 inches a year, but I absolutely love it when it rains. I think it is beautiful and exciting. Big dreams of moving somewhere that receives rain all the time when I am able ;)

L__

Smash Master
I used to like rain a lot when I was younger, but now... I just don't like the cold and dimly lit skies that come with rain. It's also pretty cold right now, which adds to what I don't like about rainy days. I don't mind listening to the sounds of raindrops on my ceiling, but being in the rain isn't a good feeling for me personally.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
I was unhappy because I was letting some douchebag on the internet upset me until I read this:

I think we can all agree that Merkuri is the worst Jehovah's witness ever.
Now I don't belong in this thread :)

EDIT: I apologize to the tread for feeding the troll, it was inappropriate.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

EDIT: lolbanned
What Teran said. The rabid attention he gets when he says something just encourages him to continue. You aren't obligated to "point out his bull****". Just ignore him. He doesn't deserve more than that.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Teran that's an interesting point you make about people not using contraception right.

One of the arguments against abstination is that people will give in and then have sex without contraception. This is an argument to say we should use contraception. But then you say people don't use contraception right, which leads to problems. But that's the exact same issue as abstinence (people not doing it right), and apparently that's a good enough argument against it, but not for contraception. Seems like a double standard to me.
People who are against abstinence are stupid. It's a life choice that doesn't harm anyone, what would the issue be? All that's important is proper sex education, so people actually understand what they are or are not getting themselves into.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
LT:

You can't even tell people to ignore him. Remember that time I told Ruby not to respond and he turned his attention to me, changed the subject to something he thought would wind me up and threw in an insult for good measure? Did he even get punished for that? Or his other post after I responded to his condom thing?

Generally I just ignore him, but it seems like if no one responds to his trolling he gets away with it, and I wouldn't get your hopes up expecting everyone to ignore a troll that loves to get a reaction. I doubt anyone misses him but he's going to come back and do what he does best, attack everyone whilst playing the victim, and we're all going to get flak for his actions whilst he seemingly gets away with it if we don't respond.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Rubyiris got punished plenty.

And see that was a case of mini modding and that usually turns out slightly more sour. I woudn't get my hopes up for people being intelligent either, but it's an ideal that we hope people will strive to meet. You knot, not setting themselves up to mash their keyboard with rage.

And no they'll probably get infracted if it's blatant trolling, and even if they don't get infracted, the lack of validation in the form of no responses IS PUNISHMENT IN ITSELF. Starving an attention seeker of attention is worse than an infraction, because an infraction IS ATTENTION.

Why oh why must I be cursed with this logic God?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
No not Ruby getting punished, it was Merk that turned his attention to me when I told Ruby not to respond.

Anyway that's not a case of mini modding Teran, mini modding would be me warning him that he'll get infracted if he keeps that up or generally doing your jobs in other ways, instead I ignored him when he lased out with vicious insults and now I'm just asking if he did get infracted for that or if he got away with it because I never caused a scene and took it to the centre of attention.

Your logic says that if everyone gives one member special treatment he'll eventually get bored of insulting them and that's worse to him than actually getting punished. My logic says that asking everyone to give one member special treatment is a pretty high hope to have, one that's realistically not going to happen.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No not Ruby getting punished, it was Merk that turned his attention to me when I told Ruby not to respond.

Anyway that's not a case of mini modding
Remember that time I told Ruby not to respond
Also while your view is more realistic in not expecting people to respond, pretty much everyone on the internet knows not to feed the trolls, yet they do it.

It's really dumb because it's something they know full well they shouldn't be doing, and will lead them nowhere. I'm just saying if everyone listened to their own advice, then there would be no problem.

Plus, it's my job to try to enforce an absolute ideal, no matter how unrealistic the expectations are. Ideally, nobody should be breaking rules at all but they do, that's why moderators are here, and they're called moderators, because they try their best to keep the rules upheld to the best of their ability.

It doesn't help when you keep this up either. :p

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Thought you were talking about my post, that's why I used a new paragraph when I started that sentence.

Anyway Teran we do this too much so I'll leave it here.

PeachKiller279

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't know why people don't like rain. It is probably cuz where I live, we only get like 10 inches a year, but I absolutely love it when it rains. I think it is beautiful and exciting. Big dreams of moving somewhere that receives rain all the time when I am able ;)
Arizona rain smells wonderful.

Arizona also doesn't get very humid, so the rain is comfortable.

I think those are fairly big factors as to why arizonans love rain so much.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Oregon gets a ton of rainy days.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I used to like rain a lot when I was younger, but now... I just don't like the cold and dimly lit skies that come with rain. It's also pretty cold right now, which adds to what I don't like about rainy days. I don't mind listening to the sounds of raindrops on my ceiling, but being in the rain isn't a good feeling for me personally.
Agree.

Actually, it depends very much on the type of rain I suppose. Heavy rain is beautiful to watch and listen to indoors. And fun to dance around in outdoors. Light rain and general cloudiness/ugliness is mood-breaking though.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Tell her how you feel.

If she doesn't want any more than friendship, stop seeing her and deal with it.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I've been down the road before and really, it's very hard to be just friends with someone you care for in that way.

Which is why it's either make or break.

Emotional attachment is a euphemism for lack of common sense. You know it'll come down to that, but you sit there pining because you think some miracle from the sky may help you out.

The only thing that'll help you out is yourself, and choosing the have the courage to do what you want.

It may all sound harsh and cold but it's pretty much me teliing you how to minimise heartbreak or score big.

Peeze

Smash Master
Your not really telling me anything new. I knew that already, guess i didn't wanna hear it though.
Your definitely right.
p.s. the guy in your avatar died.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I've been down the road before and really, it's very hard to be just friends with someone you care for in that way.

Which is why it's either make or break.

Emotional attachment is a euphemism for lack of common sense. You know it'll come down to that, but you sit there pining because you think some miracle from the sky may help you out.

The only thing that'll help you out is yourself, and choosing the have the courage to do what you want.

It may all sound harsh and cold but it's pretty much me teliing you how to minimise heartbreak or score big.
QFT.

Proverbs 28:26 He who trusts in his own heart is a fool,
But he who walks wisely will be delivered.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why anyone thinks they can win an arguement with Teran, that's like trying to teach a paraplegic to walk.

Unhappy because I need to lose like, 40-50 pounds but I have no freaking money for a membership at a gym and I hate running.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I'm sitting here enjoying my holidays with my best friends who I've known since I was 13. Anyway my friend Bob's longterm girlfriend came over and went out to the clubs with us tonight because it's his 20th. The problem? Well, she's perfect for him. I can't find a fault with her. She's pretty, she's funny, she's incredibly nice, she's fun, the list goes on and on. And tonight, when they were out of the room, me, Dan and Butters estimated how long it was until Bob proposed to her. Our average estimate was about 8 months, and for some reason this made me slightly upset.

You can tell they're going to get married, this isn't one of those high school flings we used to have, and in about 5 years time they'll probably have kids. But I still feel like we're 13, I can still remember all the silly things we did like it was yesterday, but in a few years time he'll be married and have kids. It just feels so surreal.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't know why anyone thinks they can win an arguement with Teran, that's like trying to teach a paraplegic to walk.

Unhappy because I need to lose like, 40-50 pounds but I have no freaking money for a membership at a gym and I hate running.
To be honest I'd like to have a civil argument with Teran about something one day. Not because you said he's unbeatable, just because he seems intelligent.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
So I'm sitting here enjoying my holidays with my best friends who I've known since I was 13. Anyway my friend Bob's longterm girlfriend came over and went out to the clubs with us tonight because it's his 20th. The problem? Well, she's perfect for him. I can't find a fault with her. She's pretty, she's funny, she's incredibly nice, she's fun, the list goes on and on. And tonight, when they were out of the room, me, Dan and Butters estimated how long it was until Bob proposed to her. Our average estimate was about 8 months, and for some reason this made me slightly upset.

You can tell they're going to get married, this isn't one of those high school flings we used to have, and in about 5 years time they'll probably have kids. But I still feel like we're 13, I can still remember all the silly things we did like it was yesterday, but in a few years time he'll be married and have kids. It just feels so surreal.
This is pretty much how I feel. I've always seen adults from a kid's point of view as being almost like a different species. It is hard imagining life as being an actual "adult" of society. I also have a friend who has a kid, and it almost feels like seeing a kid with their own kid. It's strange being classified as something you don't feel you are. I don't feel at all like an adult, yet society deems me as one.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
@R.......

bad joke.
Smash IS my life. I would be fine with this change in my life, but the curfew really ruins things for me.

I don't CARE for things people commonly accept as a life. Social life? Got one; Smash baby.

A significant other: Nobody would want to associate themselves with a pessimistic, shallow, untactful obese guy with no money who just wants to smash with his buddies.

Drinking/Sports/etc? Don't like 'em.

Name a social convention, and I probably don't like it. Not to be contrary or anything, I'm just different for whatever reason. Probably genetic. My whole family's like that.

The point is if I have to give up smash, give up my LIFE, why is it even worth it? Sure I get by life back on track, but I'll have lost a year of progress. The biggest reason why I'm so into smash is that it's the only thing in my life I have EVER been good at that I genuinely liked. I have talent in other fields, but I don't ENJOY other **** so I quit everything else. Losing a year of progress would be devastating. Everyone else in the world will continue to smash and get better while I focus on school, and only school due to my ridiculous schedule and curfew.

Top Bottom