• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Jasou

Smash Ace
My legs have been really sore today. (Been sitting a lot lately) So today I moved around a lot and it only helped a bit.

What I'm mainly sad about is that I probably won't be able to donate blood this week. :(

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm not going to get into details but I have been in a rather ****ty situation with a woman before. I don't know if I'd call it abuse but it was definitely pretty ****ed. I do know how it feels to really love and want someone who isn't right for you and honestly I stopped looking at it as a strong or weak thing. I just pushed that aside and went "this is ****ing stupid, even if I don't feel 'strong' I'm not ****ing stupid" and bailed the **** out. Now I'm like 30 times more confident, my conversations with friends are more enjoyable and I don't regret putting it all behind me ever.

So yeah if it's as ****ed up as people say just bail out asap. People don't change that radically if they're willing to be that ****ty to someone they supposedly love. It might be hard but it's the only thing you can do.

People=****!
Yeah. While I may not be as critical in my view of people as to call them "****", I can still agree with this. Thanks.

:phone:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Yeah. While I may not be as critical in my view of people as to call them "****", I can still agree with this. Thanks.

A very large purpose of a relationship is to make the participants in it happy, so if you're not happy then it's kind of a useless relationship. I believe are far too critical once they hear the word "abuse" though, and they're too quick to tell other people to end their relationships in these cases. People make mistakes, if you think it can better with her then stay with her until you're satisfied it can no longer work out.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
48 hours from when my house will be filled with people, and my mom demands a spare bed which will be filled hours before she arrives. She got upset and said she'll stay in a hotel for the trip. My capacity to care has dwindled to nothing. It's frustrating, but it's not going to bother me.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
woke up with a mouth full of blood. i'm dizzy and my brother wants me to give him a tattoo today and i really don't feel like it.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Forget what your brother wants, go to the doctor immediately.
This. Dizzyness and a mouth full of blood seems real serious.

I nearly lost all my data today cuz I'm such an idiot. The problem should be fixed now but I had to being in to my supervisor's attention. Once again my incompetence shows.

I'm digitizing 1600 features tomorrow.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
i really just want to be away from my family forever
Family can be a really hard thing to deal with, but in most cases, sometimes family is there when you have no one else.

If they are being that difficult to want to be around, try getting an apartment of your own; find a roommate if need be.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Oh my! This is for the Thanksgiving season? You don't have to relinquish your bed, do you?

I won't. My dad passive aggressively asked and said they'll just put blankets on the floor.

We have a queen sized sofa sleeper with an inch or two off soft pad.

Jet300

Smash Ace
I stubbed my toe twice this week and I broke a toe nail. There some blood on the area where the nail broke.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm poor. Working a restaraunt job during off-season while trying to pursue a musical career is rough. I worked one day in the past two weeks and only made 25 bucks in tips that day and I don't work again until Friday. I'm pretty uneasy about making rent. Fortunately I have about 215 bucks in my bank account so all I have to do is make 175 by the 1st and I'll be fine on rent. Then I don't have to worry about my other bills until later on in december. It just is lame because my band has to get a storage unit and I don't have the money to throw in until I get rent secured.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I think the problem is that LT needs a lot of flexibility for his music career.

Have you thought about picking up a casual position? They usually only want one or two shifts a week from you, and you can switch them around pretty easily. Put a few extra dollars in your pocket anyway.

Or temping, but that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
i think i'll just end up getting some shifts at Subway as there is one that is a 2 minute bike ride from my house and I've worked there before. supplementing a more steady but casual work check with restaraunt tips will help a lot. It's very difficult for me to quit restaraunt work entirely because during season it is way more money than any other menial food/hospitality minimum wage job is. My sister is a long time manager at various Subways and she could help me getting a job even while telling them of the flexibility needed for my other job and time off for gigging and recording and stuff.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
i think i'll just end up getting some shifts at Subway as there is one that is a 2 minute bike ride from my house and I've worked there before. supplementing a more steady but casual work check with restaraunt tips will help a lot. It's very difficult for me to quit restaraunt work entirely because during season it is way more money than any other menial food/hospitality minimum wage job is. My sister is a long time manager at various Subways and she could help me getting a job even while telling them of the flexibility needed for my other job and time off for gigging and recording and stuff.
Do you think you could get the subway job quick enough to make up the rest of your rent? I know how frighting the prospect of being homeless is, I wish no one had to experience that.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
No, I should be fine for rent if I don't spend any extra money on food or anything. As long as I make 170 bucks by the 1st I'll be fine. I meant the Subway thing in general so I can have some extra spending money for Christmas and music equipment and such

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
No, I should be fine for rent if I don't spend any extra money on food or anything. As long as I make 170 bucks by the 1st I'll be fine. I meant the Subway thing in general so I can have some extra spending money for Christmas and music equipment and such
Oh well ok, whatever we need to do to make the extra cash supppose.

Speaking of which, I wanted to go to visit my aunt and her friends in Delaware for the Thanksgiving Holiday, but the trip would cost me nearly 200$. I am not doing that. I'm gonna hate breaking it to her later today.

Edit: My underwear isn't in my bag, I must have left it at home. It's unlikely, but I hope I didn't leave it in a common are. My landlord'll give me hell about that.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
AP Physics C/Mechanics. It is my first AP though. Normal Physics was a breeze in comparison to this class. I'm going to need to study more.
Oh gotcha. Yeah I took mechanics last year, I should've studied more too but I did all right. Are you in any kind of calc? It's a tough class if you aren't.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Well. I'm on the brink of homelessness again. Two roommates left over another roommate's inattentiveness, two days before rent was due. They left without paying $400 rent, and utilities and other bills. Leaving the lease-owner, my friend and other roommate short around $600. I've been living in the living room for like, 5 months because I was living in my car for 2-3 months before then and they were nice enough to let me stay for free til I got back on my feet. I had a two $318 citations I had to save up for, but I haven't had a job since I got fired in January. Point being, I've been ****ing mooching for all this time so of course I feel bad, but I've still been trying. being diagnosed with depression and severe anxiety issues, it's hard to keep going everyday without downing myself at every mistake I make.

Now, I only have about 5 days to round up my last 190ish bucks or I may be prosecuted. I'm so fed up that I can't even finish all of this, lmfao. This is like..1/3 of it.

iuarbgvsd. Also, kinda drunk, so excuse some of my grammatical errors. unhappyvent.

P.S: I wish I was sober enough to contribute to the posts above mine, but I will tomorrow. <3 somadatlife.

Jasou

Smash Ace
Well. I'm on the brink of homelessness again. Two roommates left over another roommate's inattentiveness, two days before rent was due. They left without paying $400 rent, and utilities and other bills. Leaving the lease-owner, my friend and other roommate short around $600. I've been living in the living room for like, 5 months because I was living in my car for 2-3 months before then and they were nice enough to let me stay for free til I got back on my feet. I had a two $318 citations I had to save up for, but I haven't had a job since I got fired in January. Point being, I've been ****ing mooching for all this time so of course I feel bad, but I've still been trying. being diagnosed with depression and severe anxiety issues, it's hard to keep going everyday without downing myself at every mistake I make.

Now, I only have about 5 days to round up my last 190ish bucks or I may be prosecuted. I'm so fed up that I can't even finish all of this, lmfao. This is like..1/3 of it.

iuarbgvsd. Also, kinda drunk, so excuse some of my grammatical errors. unhappyvent.

P.S: I wish I was sober enough to contribute to the posts above mine, but I will tomorrow. <3 somadatlife.
That sounds like some **** to go through. Hope you feel better soon. Don't get too drunk.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@~Tac~: If I could, I would so hug you right now. Have you tried applying for unemployment since being fired or looking for another job? Can you borrow money from a family member or a friend? This is a terrible thing to have to go through.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
In my artistic life, my emotions go through cycles.
I'm currently in or reaching the horrible part of the cycle: art blocks DESPITE still being able to be all "I HAVE AN IMAGINATION WHEEEEE" (which means i cant express my ideas and they all dieeeee), being in a rut, feeling like a horrible artist (which causes all my work to suffer), and not being able to produce art I like

....Did I mention it's 3 weeks til finals week
And I'm horrible at 3D
and all my finals are 3D based practically
I'm just
Ugh
Can't it be winter break yet?

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
@~Tac~: If I could, I would so hug you right now. Have you tried applying for unemployment since being fired or looking for another job? Can you borrow money from a family member or a friend? This is a terrible thing to have to go through.

Hugs make the world go 'round. :drflip: -- I applied a couple months ago, but there's even tribulation within that as of recent. I've been using that money to eat and pay off my citations, really. It's coming down to me having to donate plasma with a friend tomorrow, and getting this and another $100 or so in my bank account AND in the form of two money orders by 5pm Monday. Or I'm in deep ****. My family disowned me in my first year of college at UNCC, and my friends are doing what they can. <3

Things are somewhat looking up, but it's literally going to come down to this monday and if I can get the rides and the money I need from...somewhere.

In my artistic life, my emotions go through cycles.
I'm currently in or reaching the horrible part of the cycle: art blocks DESPITE still being able to be all "I HAVE AN IMAGINATION WHEEEEE" (which means i cant express my ideas and they all dieeeee), being in a rut, feeling like a horrible artist (which causes all my work to suffer), and not being able to produce art I like

....Did I mention it's 3 weeks til finals week
And I'm horrible at 3D
and all my finals are 3D based practically
I'm just
Ugh
Can't it be winter break yet?
I didn't pursue arts past high school, but even in my creative process beyond that I can usually overcome the blocks with time and acceptance. "Rushing something that doesn't exist is inefficient, for art and yourself.", is what I told myself when I'd get anxious and such amidst a block. It's not the answer for everyone, but it could be a perspective for absorption. :pika:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel like I gained weight from Thanksgiving dinner...

joY

Pot splitter
It's always a challenge to eat only enough to not hate yourself the rest of the night lol.

But I woke up with a sore throat.

Damn my cousin.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I barely ate. A holiday about food and family, two things I am not fond of, over an infamous event... Winter's Solstice/Christmas is more to my taste.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I am absolutely useless. I lost my phone last week, but a phone on Monday and now I've lost this phone. Which is like the story of my life, I am so absent minded. I lose things all the time. I feel like it's something I'll never be able to change, being present minded 24/7 just seems impossible to me. At some my mind just cannot help but to wonder off.

Top Bottom