• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Official Crew Thread - Legit the best crew in the world.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Keitaro...there is no point in debating with scar all this time if you did not indeed want to prove him wrong or make yourself right. So uhh if you had a jfox post in you...you should have thrown it out there. Not saying jfox proved scar wrong, but it opened everyones eyes more than the average "bs post" everyone has been throwing out ya know?
Ok, I mean, good stuff but like this is just one post that's reaching the caliber of the maybe 50 posts that I have made in this thread, I don't see why the whole world is stopping. I mean I am making the counterpoint that it's still more restricting than Melee, and there are less options, which is a sucky thing.

And yeah seriously @ Keitaro and Ame, are you guys joking? No, he didn't read your mind, he said something that made sense to you that you clearly were incapable of saying yourself.

Now I know you did say "most characters", and while the majority can choose, I thought I should point out that a number of characters are forced to play one way.
And wtf are you trying to say by that? I don't even know. Like you made no intelligent points. Melee gives you more options than Brawl PERIOD. You're saying that Melee doesn't give you every single option in the world, but like I don't even know how that matters. It's a simple comparison. Options in Melee > Options in Brawl.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Ok, I mean, good stuff but like this is just one post that's reaching the caliber of the maybe 50 posts that I have made in this thread, I don't see why the whole world is stopping. I mean I am making the counterpoint that it's still more restricting than Melee, and there are less options, which is a sucky thing.
QFT. it was a good post but it was like the only one compared to all of scars that made any sense anyways, so like...you guys are still down by a large margin.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Scar said:
LMAO! These things are far from obvious! Wow. I can't believe you just took the only thing that's made any sense to me this entire time and shrugged at it. Wow. As though you already thought of all that and conscoiusly decided not to say it. Wow. Truly horrible.

Wow.
You like to put words into people's mouth? Yes? Yes.

I don't put words into people's mouths.

In the end JFox said the same point everyone else was trying to make. Notice the keyword trying. That's what I meant by my post.

Scar

#HarveyDent
In the end JFox said the same point everyone else was trying to make. Notice the keyword trying. That's what I meant by my post.
Ok, so they had some idea that maybe there was something that could be said? But no idea what? Except for "just wait." No, that in no way is similar at all to intelligent debate.

No one was trying to make the point that Brawl is a ground-based game, which is different from Melee and even 64, which were much more aerial. No one. The closest anyone got was "It's not Melee, it's a different game," which is a stupid thing to say in the first place.

And the thing that was horribly irritating in YOUR post was the word "obvious." If it was so goddam obvious why couldn't any of you say it?

pockyD

Smash Legend
quit arguing about semantics -_-

you guys are definitely just keeping this up for the sake of arguing (i don't think you realize how petty you sound)

edit: i expect to see all you rah-rah-brawlers here ... $1k guaranteed for 1st place, worth your while!

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Ok, I mean, good stuff but like this is just one post that's reaching the caliber of the maybe 50 posts that I have made in this thread
LOL Scar, I <3 you and all but this is just ridiculous. At least half of those posts were repeating the same rhetoric and a good portion of most of your posts were making up insults of varying degrees of creativity.

And wtf are you trying to say by that? I don't even know. Like you made no intelligent points. Melee gives you more options than Brawl PERIOD. You're saying that Melee doesn't give you every single option in the world, but like I don't even know how that matters.
Wow, pocky's right, you really ARE arguing for the sake of arguing. Your post that I responded to just made it sound that you have the option to play whatever way you want to in melee with whatever character and all I was saying was that there's a limit to that. I wasn't disagreeing, I wasn't saying anything about Brawl, I wasn't saying anything about you saying that that melee doesn't give you all the options in the world.

MEXImadnez

Smash Apprentice
at this moment, it is alot easier for scar to prove that brawl isnt competitive b/c he has facts that, as of this moment, are true. for us to argue wit him would be like copernicus arguing against the whole world that the earth was not the center of the universe. while scar has the facts to prove us wrong using the old "science" of melee, we have very little knowledge to counteract his facts using the new "science" of brawl. the only decent rebuttals that can oppose scar was the post jfox made and the very broad statement that brawl isnt melee. hopefully, as we delve deeper into the "science" of brawl, we can one day have decent facts that can stand against scar's accusation that brawl isnt be competitive.

mog87

Smash Ace
In all honesty deep down inside you all know theres very good chance brawl wont be as deep as melee, but either way it'll still be fun as hell, and isn't that what really matters...FUN?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I guess >_> well I wont say too much about brawl besides its clearly not melee.

I hope it becomes a deep game so that tournaments are fun and techniques will be constantly found.

In any case if its not I'll play it for fun and find something else to try to get competitive in.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
QFT. it was a good post but it was like the only one compared to all of scars that made any sense anyways, so like...you guys are still down by a large margin.
Well I would put your quote and scars in this but..I dont know how

As someone who debates everyday and plans on going into law after school I'm very aware as you SHOULD be, that there is always an easier side of an arguement to side with and defend. Scar right now is arguing the easier side. I myself am viewing this debate, and due to experiencing brawl in different ways am changing how I feel. I FELT THE SAME WAY 3 days ago as scar does and have been saying the same things as he, over and over and over. I recently began to enjoy the game and see it's potential so if Jfox says something completely valid and new why can't I notice it? If you feel as though there are as many real substantial arguements arguing FOR brawl being as competitive as melee as there are for against that thought.... ur completely wrong. Mind you, I never said I agree or disagree with either side, I simply said the post was eye opening..and even included in my post that HE DID NOT PROVE SCAR WRONG. There is probably nothing scar could say that would make me or anyone else go ooooo wow that is enlightening...its more like wow that is a pretty sound assumption taken from the obvious. Now there is nothing wrong with that, but uhh how am I at all to be mentioned in the negative for embracing a post that displays more difficult to come by ideas???????

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
^^^ I lol'd.

And seriously, if you read the previous 10-15 pages of this thread, 80% of the posts have repeated content. -_-

It just feels like people that are pro-Brawl are fairly pushy about having everyone else assimilate into their culture. I, for one, think Brawl is fun (really fun, it's a fighting game with some of my favorite video game characters in it), but I don't care about it's competitive nature - it will always lack the depth of Melee. This doesn't mean it isn't fun, nor should everyone else throw their Wii's into a river. It just means in the meta-game, it will forever be lacking. I know I have claims of this being a finished and foregone conclusion, but until someone finds some advanced techniques, or something to eliminate the extremely linear dimensions of playstyles (and not just one or two, because that would still not allow it to surpass Melee's depth) this claim will remain valid. If it so happens in the future that (many) discoveries are made, and the meta-game blossoms into a haven of fun-filled pro-****-newb competition, then I will apologize for having doubted the game.

It seems like the people that are arguing that Brawl is an inferior game to Melee aren't trying to make people stop playing Brawl - it's more like we just don't care. No one is trying to stop you from playing. That just doesn't mean we can't put our own two cents in about the subject.

I just hate reading the same posts over and over again. (Even though, I hypocritically just infused recycled information into my own post...)

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
all im going to say is **** BRAWL

IF YOUR NOT DOWN WITH THE MELEE YOUR NOT DOWN WITH NOTHING LOL

MELEE 4 LIFE

teh_spamerer

Smash Master

Look at the Tune who goes by the name "TecVillain". He appears displeased, probably because he is thinking about how boring Marth combos are and is upset that he can't play fun characters.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
More like he is bored with weak opponents in a game where no one is match for the bishounen god of all swordsman.

Marth FTW! ^_-

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
so.... i got a question and i think every1 should post with there answer... its kinda off topic but to see the answers i think it would be interesting... wen did u guys first learn or find out about wave dashing and l canceling... me personally i found out about a year ago

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I have known about Z-cancelling since samsh 64. Found out about on my own through playing.

Wavedashing I found out about in 04.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I found out about that stuff when i first started playing melee...February 2007. i guess u can say i was thrown straight into the fray of things when i got into the game.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I found out about it like....back in june. Maybe May. When I decided to start playing again after not playing Melee since it's release. So....I pretty much had to relearn the game ALL over again, lol. I'd say I'm not doing too bad. I just knew my place in the world because about a week or two after I found all this stuff out....I played Reik and Moo. I don't think I need to go any further.

Scar

#HarveyDent
And seriously, if you read the previous 10-15 pages of this thread, 80% of the posts have repeated content. -_-
I wanted to quote the entire post because it's awesome. I quoted this part because it's most important.

Regardless of what side is easier to defend, both have been posting an equal amount of times. The point is that the other side said the same nonsense for 10-15 pages, and I was forced--by my apparently ridiculous need to have truth in the world--to respond to things that boiled down to "I completely missed your point and am rambling on about nothing. Please re-direct me to what actually should be talked about so that we might get somewhere."

And I mean I'm waiting for someone new to say stupid stuff and then I'll go back and summarize the way this thread went. Really nowhere, and then finally someone did say something of value and now everyone's calling it quits.

Pocky's telling us we're not even arguing for a good reason which is completely invalid, Spam is agreeing because he would, and now Mexi/Eazy say that it's stupid for me to expect someone to say something worthwhile because it's real real hard.

**note** This is just me being irritated that through all the nonsense, we seriously just had the very first intelligent discussion and now everyone wants to stop.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I <3 scar. you should become..

a SMASH DEBATER!! WOOOOOO GIRLS GONE WILD!!!!
LMAO Vanz why are you amazing? I saw that you responded and I was like goddammit, if Vanz is gonna say that I'm being stupid then I probably am.

Tell me where to fawken sign up and I'm there.

JFox

Smash Hero
Scar, I feel like the reason you are doing this is cuz you want people to dislike brawl so that the same attention to melee will still be payed. This way you can continue to move up the ladder without competition dwindling.

Cuz really, I can't see why we get off topic, and you just try to reel everyone back in. "OMG I'm Scar, I'm used to everyone looking at me, and I never want it to stop." Grow up man. Obviously people stopped making intelligent posts cuz they lost interest.

I don't even care that all your fan boys are about to come parading into this thread flaming me for saying something negative about the almighty. I'm just sick of this stupid topic constantly being brought up. Take it to the brawl discussion where all the other idiots try to compate apples and oranges.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Cuz really, I can't see why we get off topic, and you just try to reel everyone back in. "OMG I'm Scar, I'm used to everyone looking at me, and I never want it to stop." Grow up man. Obviously people stopped making intelligent posts cuz they lost interest.
Wow really are you even joking? Who the hell do you think you are telling me to grow up? In no way am I looking for attention, I'm trying to further a debate that is very important to me.

If you think that there's obvious evidence to the contrary then I'd better see it. Don't call me out with words like those unless you know what the **** you're talking about.

Edit: I'm really pissed off because in all this time no one has made anything personal until just now. It has no place in this debate/argument/blabber/whatever you want to call it. If you want to take a personal shot at me then by all means go for it, but expect no reaction than what's happening right now.

Top Bottom