• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Official Crew Thread - Legit the best crew in the world.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Rock paper scissors is not a deep game. It can be fun and complicated and full of trickery, but ultimately scrubs can throw out random choices and win. THAT IS NOT COMPETITIVE..
.........Unnecessary exxageration I feel. Actually when I was first starting out, Doyoung broke smash down to rock paper scissors and it made alot of sense but yea w/e. Why are u neglecting the fact that noobs could do random things in melee? Oh, because with amazing tech skill those random occurences don't mean much because u remain in control of the match and win anyway. So please tell me how brawl is any different. If some random things happen its not like the game ends and you auto lose. You deal with the random ****, regain control and win. You have not shown me that brawl is not capable of being competitive at all with your statements or comparison, You have simply related an element of the game to RPS .....the same elemement that can be found in melee..sorry. I have a great point but I'm not going to say it just yet, I will wait for your response, hopefully you can clear things up.

M2k horrible horrible horrible analogy

mog87

Smash Ace
ten chars is a dangerous prison gang based out of oppalaca florida and has major bases in santa barabara county prisons in california. They are extremely violent and have been known to kill, torture and blackmail. There was even a story of them kidnapping a pregnant bear and aborting the cubs with a weed whacker and some hot six oil. They are some crazy MF'ers.

JFox

Smash Hero
When you post too short a message, smashboards tells you that your post needs a minimum of 10 characters (each letter is one character, so is each space) per post.

So QFT is only 3 characters, so he writes 10 chars to fill up the post.

Mog ur silly.

GOTM

Smash Champion
****. you know how long i been tryin to hide that **** up?

god ****it.....aight well....ill see u guys in 6-10 years once im outta prison

props to everyone i met. also...eazy nice try pretending you dont know what it is...ill see u in prison too....you were the only one with a weed wacker...not my fault

Inui

Banned via Warnings
GOTM lost to a Yoshi player at that player's first tournament!!!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOOLOLOLOO

Take 5 dozen eggs, start puttin them in a bowl, mix the F*CK out of them, and what do you get?

JFox

Smash Hero
When you post too short a message, smashboards tells you that your post needs a minimum of 10 characters (each letter is one character, so is each space) per post.

So QFT is only 3 characters, so he writes 10 chars to fill up the post.
ATTENTION EAZY!

LOL.

Scar

#HarveyDent
You have not shown me that brawl is not capable of being competitive at all with your statements or comparison
That's not my claim, my claim is that it can never be as competitive as Melee. I really believe that that claim has been demonstrated at this point, most of my points are in summary by M2K.

Yes, Melee has RPS elements, but the whole game isn't like that. Something as simple as landing an attack in Brawl leads to a choice of attacking again or waiting for someone to airdodge out. Everything has a mindgame to it because nothing links, few things are guaranteed.

And the other thing that Melee has by way of competitiveness is that no one can compete with us if they aren't a part of the community. If you have never gone on SWF you basically lose at Melee. I would not bet too much money that some random person with good spacing and timing could come and beat basically anyone in Brawl right now. Not the kind of money I'd bet on M2K in Melee, or even myself for that matter.

I realize that the only difference is a lack of advanced techs but I'm pretty sure we would have found stuff to play with by now if it's there. Not even an advanced tech but something we can manipulate.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Lmao!! Wtf!!! Smashboards has been so sexy recently, especially in NJ.

Edit: Eazy posted the same thing like 6 times. That's a record :p

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
I went to take a sh*t in the forest for a couple hours and I come back and missed M2K'S epic anology? I am displeased . Smashboards is like an ugly as* gerbal, you don't want to look at it but it is funny as Fu*k.

Eggm

Smash Hero
You saw swiftbass on TV? LOL. And LOL @ starcocks post my thread is amazing, AND OMG STOP QUOTING INUI'S POSTS. I"m tired of hearing him throw out disrepect. Its much more peaceul with him on ignore.

Jay i'll most likely go to your minifest. :)

vidjogamer

Smash Master
"also my opinion on everyone's melee skill is that everyone is terrible, that everyone has tons of room for improvement in this game but it will never be reached because of brawls arrival. I don't want to hear in many years from now how the brawl metagame caught up to the current melee metagame, cuz to me everyone in melee just plain sucks ***, and even the best players can improve like 5 times if we had a few more years. I'm not even joking in this post whatsoever, this is dead seriously my opinion on everything I just said."

jason, i could not agree with this more.

its a shame we have to watch melee die.

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
You saw swiftbass on TV? LOL. And LOL @ starcocks post my thread is amazing, AND OMG STOP QUOTING INUI'S POSTS. I"m tired of hearing him throw out disrepect. Its much more peaceul with him on ignore.

Jay i'll most likely go to your minifest. :)
Inui is like that guy, that c*ms in your soda while you are watching the superbowl, f*cking unnessery and uncalled for. Unpleasent for you but funny to everyone else.

Eggm

Smash Hero
"also my opinion on everyone's melee skill is that everyone is terrible, that everyone has tons of room for improvement in this game but it will never be reached because of brawls arrival. I don't want to hear in many years from now how the brawl metagame caught up to the current melee metagame, cuz to me everyone in melee just plain sucks ***, and even the best players can improve like 5 times if we had a few more years. I'm not even joking in this post whatsoever, this is dead seriously my opinion on everything I just said."

jason, i could not agree with this more.

its a shame we have to watch melee die.
It isn't a shame, and we don't really have to. At all. Lol. Everyones but scrubs are going to be tired of jigglypuff dittos with projectiles sooner or later, and all the good smashers who feel like you do me and m2k do vidjo can just keep playing melee until then.

Also for everyone saying brawl still has potential SO DOES MELEE. I me who's played for 1.5 years learned a new technique like 2 months ago and still haven't mastered it, and melees mad old and were still finding stuff.

Oh and I bet if there were another FC at least 200 + would attend. Melee's still got a lot of followers.

Top Bottom