• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Official Crew Thread - Legit the best crew in the world.

JFox

Smash Hero
How is this very important to you? I don't understand why you feel the need to insult everyone who disagrees without about how good one game is vs another. Or how you pass judgment on every little post, belittling those who throw in two cents without reading every word of the last ten pages.

This started out as as debate, and since has just become you antagonizing people into responding to you. So please inform everyone where this is really gonna go? Is one side gonna win? Are people gonna stop just because you point out the games flaws?

pockyD

Smash Legend
Edit: I'm really pissed off because in all this time no one has made anything personal until just now. It has no place in this debate/argument/blabber/whatever you want to call it. If you want to take a personal shot at me then by all means go for it, but expect no reaction than what's happening right now.
you may not have meant it "personally", but people certainly take it personally when you say things like everyone who is arguing with you is an idiot, is stupid, is incapable of stating the obvious, etc.

Scar

#HarveyDent
How is this very important to you?
you may not have meant it "personally", but people certainly take it personally when you say things like everyone who is arguing with you is an idiot, is stupid, is incapable of stating the obvious, etc.
Whatever @ both of you. I'm hitting at their abilities to argue, nothing else. The only person/s that I have antagonized have been Spam and Inui, Inui is used to it (he doesn't like it but it's truth, his logic in Smash related stuff is awful) and Spam knows what's what. It has a very distinct place in arguments. Also Keitaro for saying something outrageous, which he later clarified wasn't his intent, which is what I was looking for anyways.

Thx JFox for knowing what is and is not important to me, I'm taking time out of my day to talk to people about stuff. I don't know where it's going to end but we're getting somewhere, we're realizing that there may be an entirely different metagame and it'll be nothing like Melee, but I think that you have no options on the ground so where does that leave us?

I don't know, I need other people to talk to to further the discussion.

You don't know me nearly well enough to talk to me like that.

JFox

Smash Hero
"Ok, I mean, good stuff but like this is just one post that's reaching the caliber of the maybe 50 posts that I have made in this thread, I don't see why the whole world is stopping. "

This was really the post that I was focused on while I was writing. Sounds like you are keeping score, which to me seems pretty immature. That and it seemed like when the attention was off you, you tried to bring it back on you. If I found it immature, and said grow up, I don't think I have to know you at all. Does this mean I think you are an immature person? Not at all, I respect you more highly than you may know. But that isnt stopping me from pointing out that immaturity.

Bottom line is you sounded to me like a **** to a bunch of people, even if what u said was not directed at me. I felt like sayin somethin. Still like ya. Still think you're cool and all, just didn't like how pompous you were gettin. I'm not a fan of arrogance.

Anyway, I have to go to work.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I'm not keeping score, the attention was off the DEBATE, not me, and any MORON can see that. You found it immature, but your assumptions were wrong so you said something stupid. You saw immaturity where it was not.

If you were positive then sure go take a shot at me but you clearly weren't so you shouldn't have said that. After realizing you were wrong you should have apologized, but you didn't.

So whatever, and no I don't feel bad about anything highlighted in bold since I find them all relevant, and most importantly, completely true beyond reasonable doubt and based off of assumptions that I am at least 95% sure are correct.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Whatever @ both of you. I'm hitting at their abilities to argue, nothing else. .
Here in lies the porblem. Sadly I go through it everyday. Most people do not KNOW HOW TO ARGUE. They want to say how they feel, and once they have been stumped( regardless of whether they were right or wrong) they feel personally attacked and proceed in a defensive posture. The fact is most people didn't know what they were signing up for when they said their small comment. If they say something stupid or unproven they are verbally abused and they don't know how to take it, thats all. So Scar you are not in the wrong for keeping this thing going.... I can not see at all how you could claim that my intention was that. You and Gotem called me out on paying more recognition to the post by Jfox and I simply stated why you two were incorrect in your assumption that I should have felt the same about it as I do about yours.
By all means keep the debate going, it is very interesting and I know how it works. Again, I do not know how I feel about brawl 100% so I have not made any declaring posts in a while about the game so keep that in mind.....I wish I could debate either side but as of now I just don't know, and I refuse to be seen as an idiot when I really don't know exactly how I feel.

Scar

#HarveyDent
You and Gotem called me out on paying more recognition to the post by Jfox and I simply stated why you two were incorrect in your assumption that I should have felt the same about it as I do about yours.
I didn't mean to call you out in particular, your post was just easy to quote and direct and to the point. I didn't even care I mean your comments were not out of place at all, you were actually a very helpful part of the discussion especially over AIM.

You are one person who was arguing for the non-competitiveness of Brawl who changed sides, which means that there must be SOMETHING there. So no, I didn't mean to call you out, I was trying to redirect everything back towards the discussion at hand.

[Edit] And then Pocky said I was arguing for the sake of arguing? I didn't understand that at all. But anyways... [/Edit]

Sorry if you took it the other way, and you know I'm more than interested in talking to you about all of this.

JFox

Smash Hero
"Ok, I mean, good stuff but like this is just one post that's reaching the caliber of the maybe 50 posts that I have made in this thread"

I'm absolutely sure that that meant "ok JFox had one good post, but what about the 50 posts ive made" which is keeping score, and also being annoyed that the one post i had took the attention off the 50 you made.

SO when you figure out a way to explain how that had anything to do with the topic and not my post, than maybe ill change my mind. BUT, until than I still think it was immature.

Work time.

Scar

#HarveyDent
"Ok, I mean, good stuff but like this is just one post that's reaching the caliber of the maybe 50 posts that I have made in this thread"

I'm absolutely sure that that meant "ok JFox had one good post, but what about the 50 posts ive made" which is keeping score, and also being annoyed that the one post i had took the attention off the 50 you made.

SO when you figure out a way to explain how that had anything to do with the topic and not my post, then maybe ill change my mind. BUT, until then I still think it was immature.
Don't mind if I do just that. Also, post fixed.

First, we'll start with the full post:
Ok, I mean, good stuff but like this is just one post that's reaching the caliber of the maybe 50 posts that I have made in this thread, I don't see why the whole world is stopping. I mean I am making the counterpoint that it's still more restricting than Melee, and there are less options, which is a sucky thing.
Interpretation 1:
"Ok, good stuff to JFox, but we are having a discussion here. The way discussions work is that one side argues, the other side counterpoints, and then the first side does the same. This continues until things reach an end either by one side yielding or both agreeing to disagree.

What is happening now is that I have made repeated points, the other side made one point, and then I responded with another counterpoint. Also there are tons of things I have already said that have yet to be addressed.

I do not see why the entire discussion has ended right now, as I am interested in hearing what you have to say."

This one happens to be correct. It is consistent with everything that has been said in the past, doesn't demonstrate any irrationality, nor is it out of the poster's character. My character. I even restate my counterpoint afterwards.

There is much evidence supporting this interpretation, and there is no evidence pointing to why this is an incorrect interpretation.

Interpretation 2:
"Wow, I can't believe everyone isn't telling me how great I am anymore. Stop saying JFox is cool and start saying I am. I mean I've done 50x as much work so therefore I am better."

This one is both JFox's and incorrect. If you know anything about me you know that I am not this kind of person.

While I appreciate when people say I rock, and I can say "Well I'm ****in' Scar," this is just because I am. But there have been more people disagreeing with me in this thread than there have been agreeing. In this case, I'm clearly not doing it for glory.

CLEARLY. So there is some evidence pointing towards why this could be correct, but much more pointing towards why it isn't correct.

I will repeat once more, don't take personal shots at me, or ANYONE for that matter, in the context of an argument, unless you're trying to make enemies. You can tell me you respect me until you're blue in the fact, but you had better show it or it just won't be reciprocated.

pockyD

Smash Legend
[Edit] And then Pocky said I was arguing for the sake of arguing? I didn't understand that at all. But anyways... [/Edit]
i just think if your going to argue about brawl, than fine

but at this point, most of the argument is about what person 1 said earlier vs what he meant to say vs what person 2 interpreted it as and why thats not COMPLETELY correct so theirfour the hole post is invalid and he's an idiot and how now there fighting and their not friends anymore

when was the last post about brawl? probably jasonfox's like 5 pages ago, and yet the arguing has continued...

and while yes, you were one target of my post (imo in general EVERYONE was losing track of the big picture and there had been no real progress for like a whole week - time to let the subject die? -_-), the main target was kashif mooney, who was talking about fox's shine->dtilt combos even though no one remembered how that was supposed to relate to the brawl debate (lol rhyme)

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I guess I will take a side just for the hell of it, and because people are running out of things to say.

Scar if this debate is about your personal feelings on the game, than there is no way to honestly prove you wrong. Just like m2k says over aim " I dont enjoy brawl, I enjoy long combos etc". How can you argue with that? I will not take the Kashif route and say I will break the system but I will say that brawl gets deeper and deeper every single day. As a matter of fact, learning to read people could actually make brawl more competitive than melee. ( Always a chance that it won't but you can't completly predict the actions of everyone and how they will catch on to the game) Again if it all comes back to " this is not what you enjoy, and everyone is trying to prove to you that you are wrong ahahaha that is so pointless. But as far as it being said to not be as competitive, there is always a chance that it could be because you can not predict people to that extent. And you can not prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that this luck element that you hate so much is a big enough factor to cause frequent losses to better people. In order to do that, you would have to wait for there to BE BETTER PEOPLE WHO REALLY KNOW THE GAME, have them face the worse people and show results. Can you do that today? lol dont think so.

I also apologize for starting many of my sentences with but and because etc please poppa scar don't beat me!

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
I completly and utterly agree with mr Jfox, Scar is trying to be a horrible dictator or the human tourch from the fantastic 4, always trying to burn people to fuel his sexual needs or ego. Ask yourself this, how did Muffasa die? the answer is that Scar got in an arguement with Muffasa and instead of debating with him intelligently, he throws him off a cliff.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I completly and utterly agree with mr Jfox, Scar is trying to be a horrible dictator or the human tourch from the fantastic 4, always trying to burn people to fuel his sexual needs or ego. Ask yourself this, how did Muffasa die? the answer is that Scar got in an arguement with Muffasa and instead of debating with him intelligently, he throws him off a cliff.
lmfaoooo ... we all love this guy

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
This bugs the **** out of me and I bet it bugs scar the same way it does me. This went from a debate on competiveness to attacking people. You're ****ing childish man. I think everyone should calm down and stop talking about this subject.

Brawl doesn't seem competitive yet becuase its like the first month this game has been out in japan. G-reg made a cool comment earlier saying that even if advanced tactics are out theres still a way you can throw someone off the edge, edge guard, ect ect, so there will be people that are better at it then others. There will be a competitive scene for brawl later on.

Scar's point, and scar please correct me if im wrong cause theres so much stupid **** in this thread by everyone that they might of construed my thought on it, is that Brawl is a great game, meaning its fun and competitive, but in no relation to melee based on competiveness(He did make a good point that he was playing equaly with people that had it since it came out, but then again it's only one month. Both sides can be arguementative). That's fine to say, it's not a personal opinion by scar, so you ****ers like starcock that attack individuals saying "hes trying to be a dictator" or "he gets off sexually" can qft. It's a fact. Theres 8 years behind melee advanced tactics and 1 month behind brawl. Right now this is a factual statement, BUT THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH SAYING IT!!!

Hes not attacking brawl, hes just saying it's not as competitive. I bet scar would openly admit he was wrong(and I would as well because I agree with scar on this matter) if some advanced tactics were found in brawl that greatly influenced the competitive scene. He said lots of times he thought brawl was a great game, it's pretty much a new game entirely. Who wouldn't have fun playing with different characters on different stages. There is nothing wrong

This discussion should be stopped right now. This thread is literally called Scar vs anyone. Are you kidding me? This is a community full of gamers that should be competitive and helpful at the same time, never asking wether scar's a "true gamer", LIKE THAT IS EVEN A ****ING QUESTION. HE HOSTED 4 TOURNAMENTS SO FAR AND SUPPORTS DIFFERENT FIGHTING GAMES OTHER THAN MELEE. MORE THAN 90% OF THE PEOPLE HERE CAN'T CALL THEMSELF AS SUCH A GAMER. You shouldn't be outcasting someone that you don't agree with, and this shouldn't even be a debate. And if you do wanna debate, debate wether or not which characters are gonna be top tier, which stages are better for each, thing's that have relevance.

Will it be as competitive and entertaining to play in the future?

I believe it won't, but that's just my belief. I'll play the game with items, play everystage, do every brand of melee there is to really explore this game, not worrying about 1v1's with no items and banned stages yet. I think Mew2King got as good at smash because he loves melee and did every thing he did in the game to keep interested in the game to really get competitive later on. I hope Pc did the same(Hes my fav players, Dont worry m2k, you're the best, but PC is like....my mind hurts when i watch his fox)

So yea, I thought i should give my 2 cents becuase i havn't posted something like this in awhile and scar's a cool guy.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Starcock is a trolling Sensei slayercoldkilr. He only posts for comic relief. Dont take him seriously. Also Eggm renamed the thread to be funny. Don't take that too seriously either

The discussion is interesting. Its a brawl discussion that cannot take place in the brawl forums because the brawl forum noobs are ********

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
This bugs the **** out of me and I bet it bugs scar the same way it does me. This went from a debate on competiveness to attacking people. You're ****ing childish man. I think everyone should calm down and stop talking about this subject.

Brawl doesn't seem competitive yet becuase its like the first month this game has been out in japan. G-reg made a cool comment earlier saying that even if advanced tactics are out theres still a way you can throw someone off the edge, edge guard, ect ect, so there will be people that are better at it then others. There will be a competitive scene for brawl later on.

Scar's point, and scar please correct me if im wrong cause theres so much stupid **** in this thread by everyone that they might of construed my thought on it, is that Brawl is a great game, meaning its fun and competitive, but in no relation to melee based on competiveness(He did make a good point that he was playing equaly with people that had it since it came out, but then again it's only one month. Both sides can be arguementative). That's fine to say, it's not a personal opinion by scar, so you ****ers like starcock that attack individuals saying "hes trying to be a dictator" or "he gets off sexually" can qft. It's a fact. Theres 8 years behind melee advanced tactics and 1 month behind brawl. Right now this is a factual statement, BUT THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH SAYING IT!!!

Hes not attacking brawl, hes just saying it's not as competitive. I bet scar would openly admit he was wrong(and I would as well because I agree with scar on this matter) if some advanced tactics were found in brawl that greatly influenced the competitive scene. He said lots of times he thought brawl was a great game, it's pretty much a new game entirely. Who wouldn't have fun playing with different characters on different stages. There is nothing wrong

This discussion should be stopped right now. This thread is literally called Scar vs anyone. Are you kidding me? This is a community full of gamers that should be competitive and helpful at the same time, never asking wether scar's a "true gamer", LIKE THAT IS EVEN A ****ING QUESTION. HE HOSTED 4 TOURNAMENTS SO FAR AND SUPPORTS DIFFERENT FIGHTING GAMES OTHER THAN MELEE. MORE THAN 90% OF THE PEOPLE HERE CAN'T CALL THEMSELF AS SUCH A GAMER. You shouldn't be outcasting someone that you don't agree with, and this shouldn't even be a debate. And if you do wanna debate, debate wether or not which characters are gonna be top tier, which stages are better for each, thing's that have relevance.

Will it be as competitive and entertaining to play in the future?

I believe it won't, but that's just my belief. I'll play the game with items, play everystage, do every brand of melee there is to really explore this game, not worrying about 1v1's with no items and banned stages yet. I think Mew2King got as good at smash because he loves melee and did every thing he did in the game to keep interested in the game to really get competitive later on. I hope Pc did the same(Hes my fav players, Dont worry m2k, you're the best, but PC is like....my mind hurts when i watch his fox)

So yea, I thought i should give my 2 cents becuase i havn't posted something like this in awhile and scar's a cool guy.

You have the intelligence of a rodent. You don't see Scar going all lunitic about it, if you honestly think Scar is losing any sleep over my post, then you are the one that loses, you, your family, and your future generation.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

You have the intelligence of a rodent. You don't see Scar going all lunitic about it, if you honestly think Scar is losing any sleep over my post, then you are the one that loses, you, your family, and your future generation.
WTF!?!? LMAOO!!!

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion

LMFAO starcock is too good.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
you guys don't know what you are talking about, brawl is a highly luck based game compared to melee, which is based on your actual skill

brawl you get punished for hitting them, meaning the only way to hit them safely is to do campy gay moves which is not fun, and anybody can do it equally

the increase in skill you can get due to game mechanics far limits you to what you can do contrary to melee which had near limitless possibilities for

also there's a point where mindgames and luck collide, playing bad players it's still highly luck because they do random things and just BUTTON MASH and can hit you back if they time it right a lot of the time due to no hit stun, and for a competitive game you want as many guaranteed things as possible to **** the opponent. ****** people is hardly even possible due to trading hits, unless you're like Ike who hits super hard, or Pit or Olimar who just endlessly camps you, or something along those lines.

this debate is pointless, no matter how much depth we find in brawl, it WON'T make up for what was taken out already.

also my opinion on everyone's melee skill is that everyone is terrible, that everyone has tons of room for improvement in this game but it will never be reached because of brawls arrival. I don't want to hear in many years from now how the brawl metagame caught up to the current melee metagame, cuz to me everyone in melee just plain sucks ***, and even the best players can improve like 5 times if we had a few more years. I'm not even joking in this post whatsoever, this is dead seriously my opinion on everything I just said.

edit - also shielding IS broken, if you can't get off the shield grab then you roll backwards with NO penaly at all, it's a boring waiting game a lot more than melee was

Scar

#HarveyDent
i just think if your going to argue about brawl, than fine
I really want to talk about Brawl, yes. Spam always wanders off and talks about specific moves and strats, and I can infrequently follow him and apparently neither can you. LOL @ Spam Mooney, I don't think you're that bad pal ;)

<3

Scar if this debate is about your personal feelings on the game, than there is no way to honestly prove you wrong.

...As a matter of fact, learning to read people could actually make brawl more competitive than melee.
The first part, no, it has nothing to do with my personal feelings on the game. Everyone knows my feelings, I think it's fun and I enjoy it.

Part 2, no. It cannot. That is not possible. Reading people never ever means more depth, reading people is only possible when there is little depth since you can tell what the other person is going to do through his limited options.

Rock paper scissors is not a deep game. It can be fun and complicated and full of trickery, but ultimately scrubs can throw out random choices and win. THAT IS NOT COMPETITIVE.

Dude was my brother. I didn't even care.

brawl you get punished for hitting them, meaning the only way to hit them safely is to do campy gay moves which is not fun, and anybody can do it equally

the increase in skill you can get due to game mechanics far limits you to what you can do contrary to melee which had near limitless possibilities for

also there's a point where mindgames and luck collide, playing bad players it's still highly luck because they do random things and just BUTTON MASH and can hit you back if they time it right a lot of the time due to no hit stun, and for a competitive game you want as many guaranteed things as possible to **** the opponent. ****** people is hardly even possible due to trading hits, unless you're like Ike who hits super hard, or Pit or Olimar who just endlessly camps you, or something along those lines.

this debate is pointless, no matter how much depth we find in brawl, it WON'T make up for what was taken out already.
I can't not quote all of this. M2K says everything. How can you get punished for successfully landing basically every move? I agree with what Jason is saying and I don't see how it can be said that Brawl can ever be as competitive as Melee was.

Eggm

Smash Hero
m2k wins. Melee's deeper than brawl will ever be. You guys who all say oh its slower so theres more mindgames, WHAT THE HECK WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT ITS JUST SO WRONG. Even if you say theres more emphasis on mindgames which is slightly less annoying its still wrong. Melee's speed adds an infinite amount of more mindgames and mindgame options. Brawl's just a giant boring campfest. All the D.A guys got on me for playing melee and having fun at the brawl tournament and say I only like melee cause its unbalanced and i can play top tiers to win. They are like brawl's so balanced and good. I don't care if any game is balanced if its boring i'm not going to play it cause its boring. It can be the most balanced game ever if its boring it still sucks. Brawl's just a giant campfest, its like playing melee jigglypuff dittos, its even worse tho cause some of the jigglypuffs camp you with projectiles.

Quick of example of simple mindgames eliminated by brawl's floatyness and lack of hit stun. SH empty hop fast fall land to grab is worthless because by the time you land they already rolled away or punished cause its so painfully obvious its coming when it takes 5 seconds to land from a SH fast fall (5 seconds was a tad exaggerated). Or i'm all sure you guys know the technique jfox loves full hopping over some one then coming down with back air, thats painfully obvious in brawl cause of the floaty engine. DI mindgames that reik pulls on you with basically every combo are gone, because well combos don't really exist. These are just a few examples I could go on forever... this is already a huge rant with no point what so ever besides i get bored of playing brawl REALLY fast.

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
you guys don't know what you are talking about, brawl is a highly luck based game compared to melee, which is based on your actual skill

also my opinion on everyone's melee skill is that everyone is terrible, that everyone has tons of room for improvement in this game but it will never be reached because of brawls arrival. I don't want to hear in many years from now how the brawl metagame caught up to the current melee metagame, cuz to me everyone in melee just plain sucks ***, and even the best players can improve like 5 times if we had a few more years. I'm not even joking in this post whatsoever, this is dead seriously my opinion on everything I just said.

edit - also shielding IS broken, if you can't get off the shield grab then you roll backwards with NO penaly at all, it's a boring waiting game a lot more than melee was

I approve this messege. I taught you well my child.

M2K came in here, teabagged all yall children and you yourself. Amazing how M2K beat your team with a stroke of his ****.

Edit: Scar, you are a cold cold man....cold man.

mog87

Smash Ace
except super mario bros isnt a fighting game? I think thats a pretty bad analogy...in multiple respects as mario and luigi have room for 2 upgades(and can survive atleast 1 damaging hit) and goombas die from 1 damaging hit. Anyways I probably shouldnt have even taken this seriously but still...

JFox

Smash Hero
Scar, sorry I misinterpretted. And sorry for being a ****, I misjudged you.

M2k, nice post. I enjoyed reading your insight on the game. And bad but funny analogy.

Top Bottom