• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Official Crew Thread - Legit the best crew in the world.

pockyD

Smash Legend
on one hand you've been arguing that brawl will be a good competitive game for a long time

on the other hand you just flipped over and said tournament viability doesn't matter

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Personally - I think you guys are taking this way out of hand. If you like the game, play it, if not... DON'T. It should be about that simple. And wtf on people posting essay size responses. Go DO something... On the mean time, keep it kabrazzle fellas.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Personally - I think you guys are taking this way out of hand. If you like the game, play it, if not... DON'T. It should be about that simple. And wtf on people posting essay size responses. Go DO something... On the mean time, keep it kabrazzle fellas.
hey hey, stop trying to end the epicness. im watching your combbo vid now. it better be epic, like this thread

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wow I think I know the hatred Scar is feeling now lol.

I don't like when people bash games based on the how good it can be in tournament play. If you're only looking to make a buck, then how can you call yourself a gamer? If you're only looking to go to tournaments, and make friends, then you love the social aspects more than games. Which is probably a better idea, anyway. ^_^
No one is bashing the game in general, they are bashing the tournament scene for the game, a big aspect for fighters to competitive players. There's no denying Brawl has the most features of any game ever with more work put into it than 95% of other games on the market. As for myself as an example, I don't go to tournaments for money. How many tourneys have I been to? A good amount. How many times did I pay out? None. Why did I pay all the money to go to Pound? Cause it was f'in awesome and I love the game. Regional Crews in person is second to none. If the tournament scene is so unimportant to you, why were you so quick to host a tourney with Brawl?

Brawl is deeper than any other fighter in terms of playability. Sure, in the end, it may not be the greatest competitive game, but right now, we can't judge that. Consider how fast melee was at the start.
What is playability? This is the kind of crazy non-sensible word that only I could come up with! The ability to play? By that any game has playability. Something that has no playability would be like... a movie?

Brawl, as a whole, will be in the top highest rated games of all time. you can bet me money, if you'd like, I'd bet my mind. Watch this site: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/supersmashbrosbrawl?q=brawl
It will, no ones complaining with you there. However I sometimes find it hard to look at games being rated by the big name reviewers like IGN or GameSpot. IGN thinks Dedede is one of the worse characters and has their lead Nintendo editor trying to go pro at the game with the Wii Remote only. I'm expecting Brawl to be my most favorite game of all time taking over FF7. Melee for me was somewhere around 6.

Truly great games like this will not get the full attention they deserve because of the reactions of those on here.
Full attention? Do you know how small the smash community is compared to all the gamers out there? There isn't even 100,000 members on SFW! So let's say this is 30,000 players AT MOST who are discontent with Brawl, and this is being overly generous. Brawl will sell over 1 million copies in it's first week, if not the very first day. That's only 3% of the people who are discontent with it off the bat. And guess what? Most of those 30,000 will still buy the game.

Look at Bioshock. Bioshock is the Titanic of video games. But did it win GotY over Call of Duty 4? No. Because CoD has a competitive multi-player, and kids wanted to only do that. I could bet 90% of the reader votes for CoD were solely based on the multi-player, instead of the game as a whole. Again, it's opinion.
This right here is what did it for me. You act like you're so knowledgeable about video games and yet this shows you know nothing. How is Bioshock the Titanic of video games? The Titanic was a complete failure. Bioshock was praised by many for it's developments in the FPS genre especially in terms of single player story. I typically saw Game of the Year going to Super Mario Galaxy and Portal, with some to CoD (not many), and some for Bioshock. However Bioshock has definitely been noticed in the industry. How about the GDC going on now? It might not have gotten GotY (Portal did), but look at this article and tell me it's not benig recognized. Portal is one of the biggest games of 2007 and everyone knows it. CHECK THE LOGS!

I'd like to hear your rants, especially on what you think is so bad about GameStop.

And one more time because Scar is amazing...
CHECK THE LOGS!!!

GOTM

Smash Champion
haha chibo that post was funny, and your posts normally dont really go over well, but good stuff.

but yeah, i think he meant the MOVIE titanic...lol...

yeah...good stuff anyways

dmbrandon

Smash Master
No one is bashing the game in general, they are bashing the tournament scene for the game, a big aspect for fighters to competitive players. There's no denying Brawl has the most features of any game ever with more work put into it than 95% of other games on the [market. As for myself as an example, I don't go to tournaments for money. How many tourneys have I been to? A good amount. How many times did I pay out? None. Why did I pay all the money to go to Pound? Cause it was f'in awesome and I love the game. Regional Crews in person is second to none. If the tournament scene is so unimportant to you, why were you so quick to host a tourney with Brawl?
First, you went to pound 3 to spectate. You sat and watched pro players duking it out, while you chatted, and enjoyed yourself. (I wanted to go, but meh. Bills, etc.) This, more or less, is the social aspect of the game. Not the majority that makes up this new game. IMO, most of the game is based one 1-2 player fun, scaling the modes. While either way can take up LOADS of time, it's gonna catch a bad rap from tourney goers because as of right now, it's just not as fast as melee.

What is playability? This is the kind of crazy non-sensible word that only I could come up with! The ability to play? By that any game has playability. Something that has no playability would be like... a movie?
Playability. It's pretty much Nintendo's new approach in gaming. They don't want to trouble people with rediculously hard games. They want people of all ages and all communities to be able to pick up and have fun with their games. Brawl is by far the best example. Brawl has enough time, and modes to keep one person busy for days, but will allow for 1-4 people to pick it up and have a slammin' (:D) time even if they need to kill time before the bus comes. This game won't need a commitment like other games that force you to endure a season, or a full story such as a final fantasy game.

It will, no ones complaining with you there. However I sometimes find it hard to look at games being rated by the big name reviewers like IGN or GameSpot. IGN thinks Dedede is one of the worse characters and has their lead Nintendo editor trying to go pro at the game with the Wii Remote only. I'm expecting Brawl to be my most favorite game of all time taking over FF7. Melee for me was somewhere around 6.
On this point, we neeeeeed to become best friends, so I can lend you RPGs, and have ff7 knocked down a few notches. I could write a 10 page essay on how great FF7 is, and then write 10 more on how Star Ocean 2 is better!!! :D!!!! Melee drops in around 7-8ish.

IGN also analyzes games from a casual point of view. (At least, that's what their johns were when Shoe lost to Luke from Bungie in Halo2!!! hahahahaha XDXDXD LUKE IS AWFUL!!!)

Full attention? Do you know how small the smash community is compared to all the gamers out there? There isn't even 100,000 members on SFW! So let's say this is 30,000 players AT MOST who are discontent with Brawl, and this is being overly generous. Brawl will sell over 1 million copies in it's first week, if not the very first day. That's only 3% of the people who are discontent with it off the bat. And guess what? Most of those 30,000 will still buy the game.
Regardless, this communities naysaying travels. Go over to SRK, GameFaqs, GameSpot, IGN, the g4 forums... Everyone links OUR videos, and OUR quotes. When we act so harshly, all the kids who want to be like m2k, or P.c. are going to trash the game in a fanboy manner. This may turn away only 10 people, but if one of those people has a big enough effect, then it could change how the next game is played in a FAR worse fashion then you'd ever see. There's a just a good of a probability of that happening as there is of Brawl having DLC! Keep and open mind!

This right here is what did it for me. You act like you're so knowledgeable about video games and yet this shows you know nothing. How is Bioshock the Titanic of video games? The Titanic was a complete failure. Bioshock was praised by many for it's developments in the FPS genre especially in terms of single player story. I typically saw Game of the Year going to Super Mario Galaxy and Portal, with some to CoD (not many), and some for Bioshock. However Bioshock has definitely been noticed in the industry. How about the GDC going on now?It might not have gotten GotY (Portal did), but look at this article and tell me it's not benig recognized. Portal is one of the biggest games of 2007 and everyone knows it.
Okay, I meant the Movie. Titanic is a masterpiece, as was Bioshock. Portal, IMO, couldn't have won. There's no depth. While it was amazing (VERY AMAZING), there's just not enough to it for it to be given that status, IMO. Albeit, it deserves too many awards. What Portal has done for this industry is the cure for the common shooter. And we need it more than ever. TOB as a whole shouldn't count because HL2, TF2 were both on pc before hand. Mario Galaxy was great, but the story wasn't the greatest this time around (It seemed like their writes were getting tired. It's a shame; 1000 year door had the same studio of writers, and that was great.) and the graphics were just not good... Period. Many GC, Ps2 games had WAY better graphical detail. And it's not because it's cartoony, it's because the clipping detection is way off, and stuff like during the cutscenes, the fire and explosions were choppy. Also, Portal 2 was semi-announced at the GDC. Hitawa-San said something about Thomas announcing it, to which the audience went: umm... pardon? Then he got all blushy-faced! :D

I'd like to hear your rants, especially on what you think is so bad about GameStop.
It's better if I don't. >_>

g-regulate

Smash Hero
you guys are all dummies. brawl is competitive. honestly, how is it a BAD game? can any of you honestly look me in the face and tell me its a BAD game? i can promise you that anyone who says it is "bad", will still put 1000 hours or more into the game in the first year, therefore making it awesome and worth your time.

brawl will obviously be competitive. youd literally have to be ******** to think otherwise. the people who usually place high in melee will be the first people to place high in brawl, i can almost guarantee that. when azen wins the first 10 tournaments he goes to, ill be proven right.

by that time, the same people will keep placing high. they will OBVIOUSLY be doing something that others arent doing, i.e. ADVANCED TACTICS. the people who place top 3 in tourneys will be doing stuff that no one else is capable of doing, therefore making them advanced tactics. hell, i already invented the sex hop, if you dont know it, you are already dragging arse. its not so much learning what to do, but learning what not to do. being smart will have more of an advantage then tech skill in this game.

Velocity

Smash Lord
lol you invented it, hax

Hear that chibo being smart will have the advantage. Quit now while your still not dead.

people can do w/e they want but melee is just going to have fewer and fewer topics on here and its going to be just like 64 was

eggm change title the tunes thread - people vs the same people and why they are agreeing and arguing about the same thing cause everyone wants to write big walls of text so they look smart ......I mean that'll fit won't it.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
lol you invented it, hax

Hear that chibo being smart will have the advantage. Quit now while your still not dead.

people can do w/e they want but melee is just going to have fewer and fewer topics on here and its going to be just like 64 was

eggm change title the tunes thread - people vs the same people and why they are agreeing and arguing about the same thing cause everyone wants to write big walls of text so they look smart ......I mean that'll fit won't it.
I love how I can read velocity's posts, and even without commas he can be the most sound dude in the room.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
you guys are all dummies. brawl is competitive. honestly, how is it a BAD game? can any of you honestly look me in the face and tell me its a BAD game? i can promise you that anyone who says it is "bad", will still put 1000 hours or more into the game in the first year, therefore making it awesome and worth your time.

brawl will obviously be competitive. youd literally have to be ******** to think otherwise. the people who usually place high in melee will be the first people to place high in brawl, i can almost guarantee that. when azen wins the first 10 tournaments he goes to, ill be proven right.

by that time, the same people will keep placing high. they will OBVIOUSLY be doing something that others arent doing, i.e. ADVANCED TACTICS. the people who place top 3 in tourneys will be doing stuff that no one else is capable of doing, therefore making them advanced tactics. hell, i already invented the sex hop, if you dont know it, you are already dragging arse. its not so much learning what to do, but learning what not to do. being smart will have more of an advantage then tech skill in this game.
Of all the posts you've ever made, this one is by far my favourite.

GOTM

Smash Champion
Okay, I meant the Movie. Titanic is a masterpiece, as was Bioshock.
the fact that you think that movie was a masterpiece, means i can never take any of your posts in the future or anything you ever say again seriously. i'm sorry, but that movie was absolutely terrible, and i wont go into the reasons why.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
the fact that you think that movie was a masterpiece, means i can never take any of your posts in the future or anything you ever say again seriously. i'm sorry, but that movie was absolutely terrible, and i wont go into the reasons why.
We get it bro, you like chicks Go cool off. >_>

Scar

#HarveyDent
Jason is emo about brawl, I dunno if you can really count anything he says/does in the game.

I'd never say something like that because Jason lost playing badly. When I argue individual points, I at least make sure they're factually correct. For example, I said Melty Blood has more depth than smash.
That's fine that you don't think it's relevant. I think it's relevant that I played the game 4 times and went even with someone who was training for weeks.

Reason for edit: Being a growed up!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D That's my happy face wearing happiface hats!
I wish I had the chance to destroy whatever you said.

Stop making such quick judgments.

At the Brawl tourny, those that had the game placed the highest. Those good at Melee placed the highest. Skill definitely still matters a lot.
Inui Logic = taking single examples of isolated events and pointing them out as undeniable truth. This is why no one cares what you say, dude. Ok, so something happened one time that proves your point. Granted there has only been one Brawl tourney, but there needs to be more evidence to make a statement like that.

this is what might be making scar mad, you are missing his point. he never said he never attempted to play it, nor did he say it wasnt fun, all he is trying to prove is it is not as competitive as melee, nor will it ever be. but whenever he says that, no one is coming up with factual pieces of info to counter that statement, all everyone keeps telling him is he is bashing brawl...
Yes. This is what I'm going to say to G-Reg in like 5 seconds. Keep in mind, competitive is defined as having the property of "Those who should win will win."

I don't really understand how disliking how a game came out makes anyone less of a gamer. Everything's relative, and until they start calling Super Smash Bros. Brawl, by any other name, it will always be compared to Melee, just as any other fighting game that has a sequel.
QFT

oh my god you are a raging idiot
Agreed. I'm talking to him on AIM, never been more frustrated in my life. If anyone wants to see the chat, IM me @ BScar87

Brawl is deeper than any other fighter in terms of playability. Sure, in the end, it may not be the greatest competitive game, but right now, we can't judge that.
Wow. What do you have to say about this Pocky?

on one hand you've been arguing that brawl will be a good competitive game for a long time

on the other hand you just flipped over and said tournament viability doesn't matter
Yeah. That sounds like a problem. GOTM, how about you?

:laugh: what a FAWKEN idiot, doesnt even make any fawken sense
Yeah. Definitely not.

you guys are all dummies. brawl is competitive. honestly, how is it a BAD game? can any of you honestly look me in the face and tell me its a BAD game?
Define competitive. I will for you. Competitive is defined as having the property of "Those who should win will win." Also, no one said Brawl was bad. And Greg, if you're finding advanced stuff to do then I am excited to see it, sex hopping sounds awesome.

Of all the posts you've ever made, this one is by far my favourite.
It would be.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
youre **** RIGHT sex hopping is awesome.

seriously though, i dont even know who im debating with, people are just afraid of brawl because its different. wavedashing and l canceling are out, as are most "advanced tactics", but you know what they kept in? knocking people off the stage and preventing them from getting back. whatever the best and most efficient way to accomplish that objective, will become the "advanced tactics" thats my point.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

seriously though, i dont even know who im debating with, people are just afraid of brawl because its different. wavedashing and l canceling are out, as are most "advanced tactics", but you know what they kept in? knocking people off the stage and preventing them from getting back. whatever the best and most efficient way to accomplish that objective, will become the "advanced tactics" thats my point.

"Why am I so right"

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
this is what might be making scar mad, you are missing his point. he never said he never attempted to play it, nor did he say it wasnt fun, all he is trying to prove is it is not as competitive as melee, nor will it ever be. but whenever he says that, no one is coming up with factual pieces of info to counter that statement, all everyone keeps telling him is he is bashing brawl...
By saying that it will never be close to as competitive as melee with only a few mere WEEKS of it being released IS bashing it. All Scar is doing is whining like a big baby because combos actually take skill to do now instead of being stupid autocombos like utilt dair. HELL, YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO L-CANCEL THAT, WHY would you complain that combos are harder? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY? If it takes more effort to combo, that means the game is MORE in depth, NOT less. I would think ANY competitive player would be happy about that. Why would you complain when all making combos harder to do is make the skill gap between awful players and good players bigger? There are NO factual pieces of information to say Brawl will be AS competitive as melee, MORE competitive than melee, and YES, there is no factual information to say it will be LESS competitive than melee. ANYONE who says otherwise is deluding themselves by judging off too little information.

Velocity

Smash Lord
disliking how a game came out makes anyone less of a gamer. Everything's relative, and until they start calling Super Smash Bros. Brawl, by any other name, it will always be comparactually take skill to do now instead of being stupid autocombos like utilt dair. HELL, YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO L-CANCEL THAT, WHY would you complain that combos are harder? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY? If it takes more effort to combo, that means the game is MORE in depth, NOT less. I would think ANY competitive player would be happy about that. Why wouldkill yourself you complain when all making combos harder to do is make the skill gap between awful players and good players bigger? There arsly though, i dont even know who im debating with, people are just afraid of brawl because its different. wavedashing and l canceling are out, as are most "advanced tactics", but you know what they kept in? knocking people off the stage and preventing them from getting back. whatever the best and most efficient way to accomplish that objective, will become the "advancedwhat might be making scar mad, you are missing his point. he never said he never attempted to play it, nor did he say it wasnt fun, all he is trying to prove is it is nodiet as competitive as melee, nor will it ever be. but whenever he says that, no one is coming up with factual pieces of infodie to counter that statement, all everyone keeps telling him is he isyability. It's pretty much Nintendo's new approach in gaming. They don't want to trouble people with rediculously hard games. They want people of all ages and all communities to be able to pick up and have fun with their games. Brawl is by far the best example. Brawl has enough time, and modes to keediep one person busy for days, but will allow for 1-4 people to pick it up and have a slammin' (:D) time even if they need to kill time before the bus comes. This game won't need a commitment like other games that force you to endure ay, I meant the Movie. Titanic is a masterpiece, dieas was Bioshock. Portal, IMO, couldn't have won. There's no depth. While it was amazing (VERY AMAZING), there's just not enough to it for it to be given that status, IMO. Albeit, it deserves too many awards. What Portal has done for this industry is the cure for the common shooter. And we need it more than ever. TOB as a whole shouldn't count because HL2, TF2 were both on pc before hand. Mario Galaxy was great, but the story wasn't the greatest this time around (It seemed like their writes were getting tired. It's a shame; 1000 year door had the same studio of writers, and that was great.) and the graphics were just not good... Period. Many GC, Ps2 games hSHUTUPad WAY better graphical detail. And it's not because it's cartoony, it's because the clipping detection is way off, and stuff like during the cutscenes, the fire and explosions were choppy. Also, Portal 2 was semi-announced at the GDC. Hitawa-San said something about Thomas announcing it, to which the audience went: umm... pardon? Then he got all blushy, I meant the Movie. Titanic is a masterpiece, as was Bioshock. Portal, IMO, couldn't have won. Theredie's no depth. While it was amazing (VERY AMAZING), there's just not enough to it for it to be given that status, IMO. Albeit, it deserves too many awards. What Portal has done for this industry is the cure for the common shooter. And we need it more than ever. TOB as a whole shouldn't count because HL2, TF2 were both on pc before hand. Mario Galaxy was great, but the story wasn't the greatest this time around (It seemed like their writes were getting tired. It's a shame; 1000 year door had the same studio of writers, and that was great.) and the graphics were just not good... Period. Many GC, Ps2 games had WAY better graphical detail. And it's not because it's cartoony, it's because the clipping detection is way off, and stuff like during the cutscenes, the fire and exdieplosions were choppy. Also, Portal 2 was semi-announced at the GDC. Hitawa-San said something about Thomas announcing it, to which the audience went: umm... pardon? Then he got all blushyyour also an idiot if you read any of this everyoneshutup and get back on topic?

pockyD

Smash Legend
disliking how a game came out makes anyone less of a gamer. Everything's relative, and until they start calling Super Smash Bros. Brawl, by any other name, it will always be comparactually take skill to do now instead of being stupid autocombos like utilt dair. HELL, YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO L-CANCEL THAT, WHY would you complain that combos are harder? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY? If it takes more effort to combo, that means the game is MORE in depth, NOT less. I would think ANY competitive player would be happy about that. Why wouldkill yourself you complain when all making combos harder to do is make the skill gap between awful players and good players bigger? There arsly though, i dont even know who im debating with, people are just afraid of brawl because its different. wavedashing and l canceling are out, as are most "advanced tactics", but you know what they kept in? knocking people off the stage and preventing them from getting back. whatever the best and most efficient way to accomplish that objective, will become the "advancedwhat might be making scar mad, you are missing his point. he never said he never attempted to play it, nor did he say it wasnt fun, all he is trying to prove is it is nodiet as competitive as melee, nor will it ever be. but whenever he says that, no one is coming up with factual pieces of infodie to counter that statement, all everyone keeps telling him is he isyability. It's pretty much Nintendo's new approach in gaming. They don't want to trouble people with rediculously hard games. They want people of all ages and all communities to be able to pick up and have fun with their games. Brawl is by far the best example. Brawl has enough time, and modes to keediep one person busy for days, but will allow for 1-4 people to pick it up and have a slammin' (:D) time even if they need to kill time before the bus comes. This game won't need a commitment like other games that force you to endure ay, I meant the Movie. Titanic is a masterpiece, dieas was Bioshock. Portal, IMO, couldn't have won. There's no depth. While it was amazing (VERY AMAZING), there's just not enough to it for it to be given that status, IMO. Albeit, it deserves too many awards. What Portal has done for this industry is the cure for the common shooter. And we need it more than ever. TOB as a whole shouldn't count because HL2, TF2 were both on pc before hand. Mario Galaxy was great, but the story wasn't the greatest this time around (It seemed like their writes were getting tired. It's a shame; 1000 year door had the same studio of writers, and that was great.) and the graphics were just not good... Period. Many GC, Ps2 games hSHUTUPad WAY better graphical detail. And it's not because it's cartoony, it's because the clipping detection is way off, and stuff like during the cutscenes, the fire and explosions were choppy. Also, Portal 2 was semi-announced at the GDC. Hitawa-San said something about Thomas announcing it, to which the audience went: umm... pardon? Then he got all blushy, I meant the Movie. Titanic is a masterpiece, as was Bioshock. Portal, IMO, couldn't have won. Theredie's no depth. While it was amazing (VERY AMAZING), there's just not enough to it for it to be given that status, IMO. Albeit, it deserves too many awards. What Portal has done for this industry is the cure for the common shooter. And we need it more than ever. TOB as a whole shouldn't count because HL2, TF2 were both on pc before hand. Mario Galaxy was great, but the story wasn't the greatest this time around (It seemed like their writes were getting tired. It's a shame; 1000 year door had the same studio of writers, and that was great.) and the graphics were just not good... Period. Many GC, Ps2 games had WAY better graphical detail. And it's not because it's cartoony, it's because the clipping detection is way off, and stuff like during the cutscenes, the fire and exdieplosions were choppy. Also, Portal 2 was semi-announced at the GDC. Hitawa-San said something about Thomas announcing it, to which the audience went: umm... pardon? Then he got all blushyyour also an idiot if you read any of this everyoneshutup and get back on topic?

i obv didn't read this but there was a period after the first sentence so velocity obviously didn't write this :)

Velocity

Smash Lord
i obv didn't read this but there was a period after the first sentence so velocity obviously didn't write this :)
you obviously did, to some extent cause guess what? your read the ****ing period. So uh... who the **** wrote this then?

Edit: THIS WAS NOT EDITED

Velocity

Smash Lord
well what actually stood out to me was the question mark o_o
Well my point I was going for, was that everyone was wasting there time typing like way to much text and I don't like skimming through it for the good stuff, which this time around was like nothing.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
For the record Xenogears destroys Final Fantasy 7.

Also Kashif and Robert please stop fighting.

Can't TSA just do what it does best and gangrape the other people in Jersey who constantly make themselves look foolish?

*Eyeballs Inui and dmbrandon

dmbrandon

Smash Master
For the record Xenogears destroys Final Fantasy 7.

Can't TSA just do what it does best and gangrape the other people in Jersey who constantly make themselves look foolish?

*Eyeballs Inui and dmbrandon
I had a pretty decent response, but I'd rather see you figure it out on your own.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration

10 Characters

Edit: And even more characters for what Velocity said.

Scar

#HarveyDent
LMAO @ anyone thinking that what I'm doing with anyone is fighting. I'm arguing with people and really, it's not possible to convince anyone on the boards of anything, simply because they have no idea what I'm saying.

I'm keeping things as plain and simple as I possibly can, and still people fail to understand. If anyone wants me to explain anything having to do with my position, I'd be more than happy to. But at this point, talking to Spam, Inui, and DM has become entirely futile.

Today I spent 1.15 hours on AIM with DM and we got nowhere. Some time later I IMed Spam for about 1 hour and 15 minutes and could not explain to him that it's easier to sweetspot the ledge in Brawl on account of autosweetspotting, and therefore easy to recover vs. an edgeguarding opponent.

If anyone besides Spammer, Inui, and DMB want to talk about Brawl, I'd be happy to. Keitaro, you're pretty bad at following stuff too dude. Really.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
um melee has way more depth than brawl ever will, brawl has less options and many current options are automatically done, such a sweet spotting, broken shield grabbing, and automatic shield grabbing even if you don't time it perfectly. it doesn't MATTER how long the game has been out, unless TONS of REALLY advanced techniques that are USEFUL come into play, and the odds of that essentially = 0%. People without tech skill, that don't combo much, love Brawl. And Azen, and he told me the reason himself, because he didn't do technical things in melee very often so he would have a better advantage over other top players because of the style he uses. PC doesn't like it either, neither does Isai, cuz they are aggressive people that love to combo.

debating this is pointless, anyone who says brawl has more depth or the same depth is just wrong

brawl isn't a bad game, it's just bad compared to melee for competitive purposes.

it is NOT arguable that their competitive potential is the same, because the removal of advanced things and options makes this less good

brawl WILL evolve way faster than melee, due to popularity, pros playing brawl and using their old melee skills to transition a lot of things over, but that doesn't mean that THE GAME'S COMPETITIVE POTENTIAL is the same.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
FINALLY!!!!

Thank you Jason.

It's not gonna take yaers to develop Brawl's meta when people already know what to look for in a competitive game.

I dare say this game has alreadly been broken down a great deal already. When it hits America the metagame will probably be figured out in months and the game will most likely just stop evolving cuz it is shallow.

I like the game, but Melee is superior competitively.

Scar

#HarveyDent
yawnnn you guys make me chuckle chillax and play the game brawl is gonna take over follow if you want
What an irritating post. We are chill, we do play Brawl, we admit it's gonna take over, and we don't know if we're going to follow. Like wtf are you trying to say?

btw Everything M2K said was perfect. But I'm sure that Spam/Inui/DMB think these points can be argued. And that's fine. You guys cannot be swayed, clearly. Neither by logic nor reason.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
um melee has way more depth than brawl ever will, brawl has less options and many current options are automatically done, such a sweet spotting, broken shield grabbing, and automatic shield grabbing even if you don't time it perfectly. it doesn't MATTER how long the game has been out, unless TONS of REALLY advanced techniques that are USEFUL come into play, and the odds of that essentially = 0%. People without tech skill, that don't combo much, love Brawl. And Azen, and he told me the reason himself, because he didn't do technical things in melee very often so he would have a better advantage over other top players because of the style he uses. PC doesn't like it either, neither does Isai, cuz they are aggressive people that love to combo.

debating this is pointless, anyone who says brawl has more depth or the same depth is just wrong

brawl isn't a bad game, it's just bad compared to melee for competitive purposes.

it is NOT arguable that their competitive potential is the same, because the removal of advanced things and options makes this less good

brawl WILL evolve way faster than melee, due to popularity, pros playing brawl and using their old melee skills to transition a lot of things over, but that doesn't mean that THE GAME'S COMPETITIVE POTENTIAL is the same.
This post sums up everything i feel about brawl. Even tho my character happens to have a dress, my playstyle is agressive unless my opponent forces me to camp. i dont enjoy doing that. when i play brawl, i'm forced to do that constantly. I'm only playing brawl cuz its new. Most likely gonna get a PS3 instead of a wii and just play my friends brawl whenever i feel like it, casually, for fun

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Well said Jason... very well said. You spoke for a large group of people who feel the same way.

Edit: I <3 velocity and his aggressive post bashing posts.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
btw Everything M2K said was perfect. You guys cannot be swayed, clearly. Neither by logic nor reason.
No matter how many times I tell Jason SPACING IS KEY after he says and says "Shieldgrabbing is broken", he doesn't listen. He's flat out lying. I'm not going to argue with him.

takieddine

Smash Master
If the game is easier/simpler, it means it has less depth, enough said. You cannot argue that.

Even if you try to argue that, Brawl is SLOW and floaty. And nothing can take away from that, unless you count lightning brawl or something to that extent.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
First, you went to pound 3 to spectate. You sat and watched pro players duking it out, while you chatted, and enjoyed yourself. (I wanted to go, but meh. Bills, etc.) This, more or less, is the social aspect of the game. Not the majority that makes up this new game. IMO, most of the game is based one 1-2 player fun, scaling the modes. While either way can take up LOADS of time, it's gonna catch a bad rap from tourney goers because as of right now, it's just not as fast as melee.
No. Wrong. Don't say stuff when you don't know the facts. I would not have driven 3 hours there and back to just spectate. It might have been the best part, but I was in the tournament, I payed the entrance fee, I went there to play tons of different and get better. Look at the roster for Pound 3. I'm one of the first 20 people to sign up out of over 200.

Playability. It's pretty much Nintendo's new approach in gaming. They don't want to trouble people with rediculously hard games. They want people of all ages and all communities to be able to pick up and have fun with their games. Brawl is by far the best example. Brawl has enough time, and modes to keep one person busy for days, but will allow for 1-4 people to pick it up and have a slammin' (:D) time even if they need to kill time before the bus comes. This game won't need a commitment like other games that force you to endure a season, or a full story such as a final fantasy game.

Nintendo has never said the word playability. I know what you mean, but you can't through out random words at first expecting people to magically know what they mean. Terms Nintendo has used would be the Blue Ocean Strategy or just saying making games accessible to everyone would work better. Brawl is a good example, but the best is Wii Sports obviously.

On this point, we neeeeeed to become best friends, so I can lend you RPGs, and have ff7 knocked down a few notches. I could write a 10 page essay on how great FF7 is, and then write 10 more on how Star Ocean 2 is better!!! :D!!!! Melee drops in around 7-8ish.

IGN also analyzes games from a casual point of view. (At least, that's what their johns were when Shoe lost to Luke from Bungie in Halo2!!! hahahahaha XDXDXD LUKE IS AWFUL!!!)

I'm open to playing more RPGs, although I haven't played THAT many. FF7 though is just perfect for me. I love the characters, the setting, the materia system, and of course the story. Give me synopsises of these games lol, cause IMO I don't think any story in the history of gaming, if not any media, will ever take down FF7. Also with most RPGs they are almost always set in a fantasy type style like older times, and I like FF7's more futuristic approach much more. The only fantasy style game I REALLY enjoyed was FF9.

IGN in no way reviews games from a casual point of view. They are all hardcore gamers, they play games as their career, and they obviously more than the standard person. It just so happens when it comes to in depth communities or tactics of a game, they don't know anything. They don't have all the time in the world to spend on Brawl when they have to review like every game ever lol. They also include a section in their review for from the casual point of view, as that's an important factor in today's industry, and especially since they sort of have a section for it, just shows that's not how the entire article is written.

Regardless, this communities naysaying travels. Go over to SRK, GameFaqs, GameSpot, IGN, the g4 forums... Everyone links OUR videos, and OUR quotes. When we act so harshly, all the kids who want to be like m2k, or P.c. are going to trash the game in a fanboy manner. This may turn away only 10 people, but if one of those people has a big enough effect, then it could change how the next game is played in a FAR worse fashion then you'd ever see. There's a just a good of a probability of that happening as there is of Brawl having DLC! Keep and open mind!

Communities can be harsh with a game. However, no matter how many anti-people are in these communities, there's just as many, if not more than who are pro-people for the game.

Okay, I meant the Movie. Titanic is a masterpiece, as was Bioshock. Portal, IMO, couldn't have won. There's no depth. While it was amazing (VERY AMAZING), there's just not enough to it for it to be given that status, IMO. Albeit, it deserves too many awards. What Portal has done for this industry is the cure for the common shooter. And we need it more than ever. TOB as a whole shouldn't count because HL2, TF2 were both on pc before hand. Mario Galaxy was great, but the story wasn't the greatest this time around (It seemed like their writes were getting tired. It's a shame; 1000 year door had the same studio of writers, and that was great.) and the graphics were just not good... Period. Many GC, Ps2 games had WAY better graphical detail. And it's not because it's cartoony, it's because the clipping detection is way off, and stuff like during the cutscenes, the fire and explosions were choppy. Also, Portal 2 was semi-announced at the GDC. Hitawa-San said something about Thomas announcing it, to which the audience went: umm... pardon? Then he got all blushy-faced! :D

It's better if I don't. >_>

Portal couldn't win GOTY in my book as it's not the said game. Orange Box is though. I put Orange Box on my top 10 list, but not as high as most people because of what you already said with so much reused content. Portal though, what's there of it, is absolutely perfect. However it's way too short, and pretty much has no features.

Galaxy does have a story, its just hidden. *kicks in random gaming knowledge* The writer for Mario Galaxy wanted a full story but Miyamoto wouldn't let him as it's obviously his style is based all on gameplay. This makes it a more pick up and play game. While it's not necessarily the ideal approach to game design, it's his style and Miyamoto is pretty much the best game designer ever. He didn't want any story interfereing with the game for those not interested in it, so what the writer did (I can't remember his name unfortunately) was sneak the story into the game. Once you get access to the library you can have a story read to you by Princess Rosalina which explains her whole back story of her and the stars from how they met to pretty much how they got to the space station thing you spend almost the entire game on. The story is divided into increments and isn't THAT much, but it's there none the less. *ends random gaming knowledge*

I'm assuming your anti-EB/GS. I'm pro, which is why i love those debates ^_^

Top Bottom