• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tunes Official Crew Thread - Legit the best crew in the world.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
In helping of Eggm's request:

SCAR IS SO GAY FOR NOT THINKING BRAWL IS TOO AWESOME!!! <3

Edit: actual argument: Competitive: 3. having a strong desire to compete or to succeed.

With the widening of the community, will will attract not only new blood, but perhaps more.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well you like it and some of the others who play it hate it lol.

Its not a crime >_>.

Konata for president.

I wish the Tunes would hold a smash fest so I can waste this one way ticket that goes from Neptune back to Newark......

yea............

Sigh......

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
yes please as much as i love the brawl debates please the past 10 pages has been nothing but crap lol lets move to the brawl forums or gamefaqs LOl
lol, 40 posts per page. upgrade son. Also, this is currently the best thread on smashboards. why do you wish to end the epicness

Yes, and I think it's awesome for competitive play.
your natural play style is mad campy. brawl fits you perfectly

Scar

#HarveyDent
You guys are really starting to annoy me. DM how am I anti-Brawl? I've said over and over that I support the game and I support running tournaments for it. HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE THAT DEFINITION OF COMPETITIVE?!?!

Does BRAWL have a strong desire to compete or succeed?!? Are you a complete MORON?!

That defines a competitive PERSON. That whole IQ thing sounds like a complete load of **** to me atm because that was truly an attempt to make a valid point but a stupid thing to say. A competitive VIDEO GAME, defined by an intelligent Penn student, would go as follows: The more competitive a game, the more likely a better player will win.

INUI you drive me insane. Brawl BLOWS for competitive play: I just went over to Jason's and after like 3 hours of getting ***** our matches went nearly even. WITH M2K. That's not fair to him, someone who has practiced for a week straight, and me, that was maybe my 2nd hour playing the game.

IMO people who practice and actually get really good at Brawl will lose to scrubs, or at least will have no way of guaranteeing a win in tournament play. AT THE VERY LEAST there is much less of a guarantee, and that annoys me. Melee had it right: Jason played the most, Jason always wins.

Now I'm just waiting for Spam or Inui to say "Well M2K lost to Mango!" It's not a valid point, it's tangential, you guys are just incapable of making solid arguments.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Speaking of playing....I need to play this weekend. O_o I had to train Chad and he doesn't learn by losing. Sandbagging is not my thing unless I stop doing certain actions all together. My Shiek ***** his stocks....even when I don't L-cancel. So I went Zelda, lol. He's learning....finally. If he can just stay away from spamming Dair with Falcon and Gannon, he might be alright. I want to try this Luigi's place. Pizza might give me migraines, but it's worth it if it's good.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Brawl BLOWS for competitive play: I just went over to Jason's and after like 3 hours of getting ***** our matches went nearly even. WITH M2K. That's not fair to him, someone who has practiced for a week straight, and me, that was maybe my 2nd hour playing the game.

Now I'm just waiting for Spam or Inui to say "Well M2K lost to Mango!" It's not a valid point, it's tangential, you guys are just incapable of making solid arguments.
Jason is emo about brawl, I dunno if you can really count anything he says/does in the game.

I'd never say something like that because Jason lost playing badly. When I argue individual points, I at least make sure they're factually correct. For example, I said Melty Blood has more depth than smash.

Smash shield pressure - dair shine dair shine. knee jab. fair run past shield. spaced long range move vs enemy at ledge.

Melty Blood pressure - LOL you actually can't do the same thing over and over and over again and you have to actually think about what you're going to do, plus the different things you have to do are much harder. I'd link to something sexy, but all the Japanese matches are written funny on youtube so it's hard to search for them.

Smash comboing - utilt dair. ftilt fair. stomp knee. waveshine --> stuff. OMG CGING! WOBBLES! fair a million times fsmash! SOOOOOOOOO hard!

Melty Blood comboing - Long, sexy, and involves actual memorization of inputs. I don't even bother memorizing combos with Falco, I just think "hey he's at this percent and he DIed this way, let me just pick one of multiple moves that combo" Here are some sexy MB combo vids: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cdoAvbr3mwU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bgar7O516To

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of playing....I need to play this weekend. O_o I had to train Chad and he doesn't learn by losing. Sandbagging is not my thing unless I stop doing certain actions all together. My Shiek ***** his stocks....even when I don't L-cancel. So I went Zelda, lol. He's learning....finally. If he can just stay away from spamming Dair with Falcon and Gannon, he might be alright. I want to try this Luigi's place. Pizza might give me migraines, but it's worth it if it's good.
Spamming downair with ganon is ALWAYS the way to go ;)

Just watch Chaddd's combo vid, and mine...

Alukard

Smash Hero
i WANT THAT PIZZA EGGM ... u made a false promise ... my stomach will never let that down now lol

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Jason is emo about brawl, I dunno if you can really count anything he says/does in the game.

I'd never say something like that because Jason lost playing badly. When I argue individual points, I at least make sure they're factually correct. For example, I said Melty Blood has more depth than smash.

Smash shield pressure - dair shine dair shine. knee jab. fair run past shield. spaced long range move vs enemy at ledge.

Melty Blood pressure - LOL you actually can't do the same thing over and over and over again and you have to actually think about what you're going to do, plus the different things you have to do are much harder. I'd link to something sexy, but all the Japanese matches are written funny on youtube so it's hard to search for them.

Smash comboing - utilt dair. ftilt fair. stomp knee. waveshine --> stuff. OMG CGING! WOBBLES! fair a million times fsmash! SOOOOOOOOO hard!

Melty Blood comboing - Long, sexy, and involves actual memorization of inputs. I don't even bother memorizing combos with Falco, I just think "hey he's at this percent and he DIed this way, let me just pick one of multiple moves that combo" Here are some sexy MB combo vids: http://youtube.com/watch?v=cdoAvbr3mwU
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bgar7O516To
80% of this post has nothing to do with anything. No one is arguing that melty blood has no depth. Watch this...

THAT'S ALL YOU NEEDED.

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
Neptune pizza cannot surpass Bayonne pizza. I'm sorry. It's just not possible. When it comes to number of banks, number of Chinese food places, and quality of pizza: we ****.

But now I want pizza. -_-

(And I am shocked that the Brawl discussion has gone on for this long. Insane.)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
DC next time I have people over playing smash you have to show me this pizza place please >_> I always had mediocre pizza at Bayonne.

LOL at Pakman and Oorah is amazing ^_^b.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
BRAWL IS FUN! LET'S ALL GET TOGETHER AND PLAY IT AND MELEE AND TEKKEN DR, AND SC2/3 AND MB, AND SF3, AND GGXX/, AND SVC2, AND MVC2, AND EAT THIS PIZZA THAT EGGM HAS BEEN TALKING ABOUT FOR WEEKS JUST SO LONG AS I DON'T HAVE TO PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reason for edit: Being a growed up!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D That's my happy face wearing happiface hats!

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Tekken 4 fighting engine was garbage...I played it but it was in no way better than its predecessors. Tekken 5 went back to what made the series good in the first place and was a much better game. Brawl is the new tekken 4. Maybe the next smash game will take a lesson from tekken, or SC3s failure

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Hey guys brawl will be good eventually....just have faith.

fkdsflkjdsfsdalkf

im going to call it SSBC. Super Smash Brothers Christian.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
INUI you drive me insane. Brawl BLOWS for competitive play: I just went over to Jason's and after like 3 hours of getting ***** our matches went nearly even. WITH M2K. That's not fair to him, someone who has practiced for a week straight, and me, that was maybe my 2nd hour playing the game.
Stop making such quick judgments.

At the Brawl tourny, those that had the game placed the highest. Those good at Melee placed the highest. Skill definitely still matters a lot.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
The fact is, you guys aren't WILLING to give it shot. You're not WILLING to try something new. IMO, you're not gamers. Plain and simple. If you were a gamer, and you'd been waiting for Brawl, there'd be no johns. You'd have bought it, and you would have loved it.
this is what might be making scar mad, you are missing his point. he never said he never attempted to play it, nor did he say it wasnt fun, all he is trying to prove is it is not as competitive as melee, nor will it ever be. but whenever he says that, no one is coming up with factual pieces of info to counter that statement, all everyone keeps telling him is he is bashing brawl...

LMFAO

Plank for amazing

Also I'm about to play brawl so I wonder how bad/good it is ... >_>
brawl is fun, you should play it. i love brawl, just the fact that charizard is in that **** is good enough for me to play it all the time, lol.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Sorry eggm and neptune pizza lover, but alone in the corner of the Busch student center lies a small pizza place called Gerlandos. With its plethora of flavors and style it's taste can not be defeated. I apologize for raining down on the parade of any other pizza place lovers:( I do challenge any of you to do a taste test comparison.. for your disbelief is indeed expected.

On another note. Kashif is the only person who I feel actually makes sense with their brawl logic...not much sense but some I must admit. He seems completely unbiased and unattached from his melee history, and as a gamer wants to make the game better. He is basing his belief of comboing off of his experience in comboing, so he is correct to that extent. Everyone else throwing out this "It's gonna happen omg its gonna be so deep" should change those posts to " Im doing well right now, I hope it gets deeper and I remain at this level because it feels great to win" No disrespect but if you had been ***** in brawl on your first experiences you would be saying how brawl sucks, and they removed to much, and its a childs game. Please do not let your hope's and desires blind you from the truth. As a community we know what to look for, if we don't see it declarations such as scar's SHOULD be said. If Im wrong emblem lord or someone who is familiar with other games please please please tell me of other situations where a sequel to a game had sooo much removed and the initial feelings were what we feel now. But in the end the game was better,deeper, and more competitive. Emphasis on SOOO MUCH REMOVED, and i mean things that were so intricate in making melee competitive. Please, your stories will make my day..seriously

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
LMFAO

Plank for amazing

Also I'm about to play brawl so I wonder how bad/good it is ... >_>
you havnt playd it yet?

o man which side will he be on? lol

i personally like brawl better *hides in a corner away from rampaging forum members*

dmbrandon

Smash Master
BRAWL IS FUN! LET'S ALL GET TOGETHER AND PLAY IT AND MELEE AND TEKKEN DR, AND SC2/3 AND MB, AND SF3, AND GGXX/, AND SVC2, AND MVC2, AND EAT THIS PIZZA THAT EGGM HAS BEEN TALKING ABOUT FOR WEEKS JUST SO LONG AS I DON'T HAVE TO PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reason for edit: Being a growed up!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D That's my happy face wearing happiface hats!

Hey guys brawl will be good eventually....just have faith.

fkdsflkjdsfsdalkf

im going to call it SSBC. Super Smash Brothers Christian.
I lol'd. :D

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
You're not WILLING to try something new. IMO, you're not gamers. Plain and simple. If you were a gamer, and you'd been waiting for Brawl, there'd be no johns. You'd have bought it, and you would have loved it.
I don't really understand how disliking how a game came out makes anyone less of a gamer. Everything's relative, and until they start calling Super Smash Bros. Brawl, by any other name, it will always be compared to Melee, just as any other fighting game that has a sequel.

And in this sense, it's just like everything else. You like Brawl. I do not like Brawl. I like red. You like blue. If you tried the game, and were dissatisfied, then that's all there is to it. I was knee deep in Brawl hype, I preordered it, and I've played it. That leaves room for johns - because I'm a gamer - I had an expectation, and Nintendo failed to deliver. And, since it's just an opinion, there cannot be any debating about it. It is what it is. Just like other people liking and enjoying Brawl.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Rofl at people not being gamers! Who cares.... I know I didn't start playing melee saying," YES this is my chance to be seen as a gamer". I played melee cuz it was the ****, and was so deep and interesting it took precedence over my other hobbies. I thought you were a gamer if umm you spent time playing video games. Is there a minimum to the amount of games you must be competitive in? Or a minimum to the amount of games you must like? This is some news to me lol..A gamer plays video games more than on a casual level..thats it. But it doesn't matter, think the once a week smokers are tryna up their puff puff numbers so they can be called potheads... dont think so..

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The fact is, you guys aren't WILLING to give it shot. You're not WILLING to try something new. IMO, you're not gamers. Plain and simple. If you were a gamer, and you'd been waiting for Brawl, there'd be no johns. You'd have bought it, and you would have loved it.
DC brought up a good point, so I'm commenting on it also. Not liking Brawl in no way makes Scar any less of a gamer, if anything, it makes him more of a gamer. Us gamers are critical types in an industry that demands for perfection when the products are consistently used for years and years (6-7 years so far in melees case). Voicing your opinion is not bad at all, and by doing so only shows your inclusion in the games industry and your passion for the game in question.

You are the one who is less of a gamer by putting others down for their beliefs. It's like a sort of gaming racism. Look at the console wars for instance. Someone could say something like "blah blah blah I only play Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are crap!" when that person could have never touched one of those systems. This is not being a gamer, it's being completely intolerant of others. Scar has played the game, and he's said it's fun. However he doesn't think it will ever be as competitive as Melee. People like you or me may have different opinions, but when you say things like what I quoted up there shows a complete lack of knowledge in the situation.

You should rethink the definition of the term gamer before you start declaring who is or isn't.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Please someone tell me what is so special about being a gamer? Are there amazing benefits? Are their gamer police who arrest and punish those not living up to the title??? Wow this is a new world that I didn't know I belonged to. I assure you, I never knew calling someone a less of a gamer was an insult...in the real world calling someone a gamer or implying that it's all they doo is the insult lol wow I was such a foolish foolish man.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I don't like when people bash games based on the how good it can be in tournament play. If you're only looking to make a buck, then how can you call yourself a gamer? If you're only looking to go to tournaments, and make friends, then you love the social aspects more than games. Which is probably a better idea, anyway. ^_^

Brawl is deeper than any other fighter in terms of playability. Sure, in the end, it may not be the greatest competitive game, but right now, we can't judge that. Consider how fast melee was at the start.

Brawl, as a whole, will be in the top highest rated games of all time. you can bet me money, if you'd like, I'd bet my mind. Watch this site: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/supersmashbrosbrawl?q=brawl

It's a great game. It's exciting and fun, and I love it. It's not fair to the creators that you guys judge this on such a one-sided basis. I could bet 90% of you started playing melee, or 64 for vets just because you thought it was awesome! (I imported 64 the first day in japan. True Story1) Truly great games like this will not get the full attention they deserve because of the reactions of those on here.

Look at Bioshock. Bioshock is the Titanic of video games. But did it win GotY over Call of Duty 4? No. Because CoD has a competitive multi-player, and kids wanted to only do that. I could bet 90% of the reader votes for CoD were solely based on the multi-player, instead of the game as a whole. Again, it's opinion.

I get really upset about things like this. You should hear me rant about Mortal Kombat, Jack Thompson, and Gamestop. I could write a book. Will I? **** no, I'm mad lazy.

Anywayz, you guys should come over next week, and play this game. I'm probably gonna have the LOST game too!!!! AGHGHGHGHGHGHG DID YOU SEE THAT LAST NIGHTTTTT

Top Bottom